DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session"

Go down 
+55
loazis
TGAFAN25
Ghost
RobertODonnell
plugga
joshyboytyler
marcsnitz
I Came To Dance
JimmyB
sandyangryjohnnyormary?
Vreni0506
19thirty
gaslightfan89
AngryJohnnyN1930
B701
myfuneralparty
Mikeyc
vamike
JukeboxJuliet
Kosburn59
Zach_Edelman
40 Miler
Debonair
The Angry Johnny Revue
Daire
poormrpitiful
CluckyB
Joe Jack
drifter69
acousticbandit
Phil Rockabill
Shrewsbury_Stars
Harbortown
I am Incinerator
luckysparks
moosicmaniac
IrishNameAndAnInjury
BuddyHolly
Jerseyrain
NeverTrustAJunkie
DeathoftheCool
StopAndSlideToTheRight
NJsoul
carryon820
FrimFramable
Prisoner
riversedge
MKULTRA
JJW319
simo
IKeeptheDiner
Jay
Bea
steady now steady now
LuceroDiehard
59 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
AuthorMessage
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session" - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session"    The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session" - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 12:40 am

Sure, I'd be glad to give it a shot.
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session"    The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session" - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 12:41 am

Cool!

Actually if we're gonna do something like this it'd be nice to do a serious cover, haha. Like, maybe have the forum come together and pick a song for us to do.
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session"    The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session" - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 12:44 am

Wanna do the '59 Sound? I think I can work out the lead on mando pretty easily.
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session"    The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session" - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 12:45 am

Heck yeah I wanna do the '59 Sound! I'll start recording tomorrow if I can.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session"    The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session" - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 7:24 am

CluckyB wrote:
IrishNameAndAnInjury wrote:
CluckyB wrote:
Debonair wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uyNLRHlk3w&feature=youtube_gdata_player

So i thought I'd post this here because this is where(iTunes) the new version of boxer was released.

Brian plays the new version of boxer acousticly but before he explains why he decided to play the song a new way. Won't ruin it, because its funny as hell, but it has to do with the 50th u.s. state. The whole intro is halarious before the song so if this deserves a new thread, admin feel free.

Now I wanna hear the inner city NY version. Or maybe the deep south country version (ya'll rememba when I knew a boxa, babydoll?) Very Happy

Ugh, no Southern version of Boxer! That would be the first TGA song I would hate. Evil or Very Mad

Admit it. If Brian wrote a country song you'd love it. Razz

Country Gaslight...I don't know about that! I hear too many y'alls and fixin'-to-bes living in the South (I am from California), and it's really annoying! I don't think I have to worry about that happening anytime soon though. tongue
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session"    The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session" - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 7:26 am

Okay guys, I hope you actually do this cover of '59 Sound and post it on here, because it sounds really...interesting. Yeah, interesting is the right word. Wink Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session"    The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session" - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 2:52 pm

Haha we're not actually doing the silly country version though, don't worry.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session"    The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session" - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 2:56 pm

Haha, I'm not worried! I can only imagine how awful a country version of '59 Sound would be. *shudders*
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session"    The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session" - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 3:14 pm

When we float out onward to Jesus
In hues of red and white and blue
I hope we don't hear Obama's chains we forged in life
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session"    The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session" - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 3:21 pm

Harbortown wrote:
When we float out onward to Jesus
In hues of red and white and blue
I hope we don't hear Obama's chains we forged in life

Cause the liberal chains I've been hearing most of my life
And their chains I've been hearing now for most of my life
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session"    The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session" - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 3:35 pm

http://m.soundcloud.com/#/exploremusic-podcast/em-753-the-gaslight-anthem

Interview with Brian about iTunes sessions, he goes on later to talk about the new record and horrible crowes, briefly, but its mainly iTunes related

don't think, this should have its own thread but once again if it should feel free
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session"    The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session" - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 4:33 pm

Debonair wrote:
http://m.soundcloud.com/#/exploremusic-podcast/em-753-the-gaslight-anthem

Interview with Brian about iTunes sessions, he goes on later to talk about the new record and horrible crowes, briefly, but its mainly iTunes related

don't think, this should have its own thread but once again if it should feel free

Really enjoying the interview so far. A little disappointed neither Brian nor the interviewer brought up the Christmas version of Boxer but oh well. Guess I can't expect the interviewer to know his shit *THAT* well Razz
Back to top Go down
stevie_r_jay
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
stevie_r_jay

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session"    The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session" - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2015 5:22 pm

Hey guys.. does anyone know if this is still available on itunes ? I was searching for it like a maniac... but I somehow couldn't find it...

so uhm... is it still on itunes and that means that there's something wrong with my country (damn you Europe ! ) ? Or it is deleted ( is there any other place I can find it and pay for it ? )?

thanks a lot !

I'm planning to use baba o'riley as an intro song for the shows with my band... is that a good idea or a great one ? haha jk

Back to top Go down
CapedAvenger
Wooderson
Wooderson
CapedAvenger

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session"    The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session" - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2015 1:44 pm

stevie_r_jay wrote:
Hey guys.. does anyone know if this is still available on itunes ? I was searching for it like a maniac... but I somehow couldn't find it...

so uhm... is it still on itunes and that means that there's something wrong with my country (damn you Europe ! ) ? Or it is deleted ( is there any other place I can find it and pay for it ? )?

thanks a lot !

I'm planning to use baba o'riley as an intro song for the shows with my band... is that a good idea or a great one ? haha jk

It's not showing on the UK iTunes store either. Strange.
Back to top Go down
cowgirlwiththeblues
Wooderson
Wooderson
cowgirlwiththeblues

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session"    The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session" - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2015 2:38 pm

It's only available from the U.S. iTunes as I understand it. Technically you have to have a US registered credit card to get an account, but Google may be able to help you around that..,you can actually access it from anywhere, it's the account that determines which store you use.
Back to top Go down
stevie_r_jay
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
stevie_r_jay

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session"    The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session" - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2015 6:41 pm

cowgirlwiththeblues wrote:
It's only available from the U.S. iTunes as I understand it.  Technically you have to have a US registered credit card to get an account, but Google may be able to help you around that..,you can actually access it from anywhere, it's the account that determines which store you use.

I believe you just saved my life !
Thank you so much ! I'm gonna google the hell out of it ! haha
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session"    The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session" - Page 9 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Gaslight Anthem's "iTunes Session"
Page 9 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9