DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

School/College

Go down 
+20
Harbortown
loazis
MikeSig
MKULTRA
The Boxer
steady now steady now
kieran
rivercities
JJW319
colmillionaire
Yozzy
Shrewsbury_Stars
J.B.R.
Kosburn59
simo
IKeeptheDiner
plugga
TGAFAN25
moosicmaniac
Labhras
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Kosburn59
Wooderson
Wooderson
Kosburn59

School/College - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: School/College   School/College - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 11:12 pm

Philo wrote:
I'm studying Irish language and Celtic Studies, looking forwards to it! Very Happy

That is so cool! I wish they offered a course like that at Georgia State, I'd sign up for it in an instant.
Back to top Go down
Philo
Wooderson
Wooderson
Philo

PostSubject: Re: School/College   School/College - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 12:04 am

Kosburn59 wrote:
Philo wrote:
I'm studying Irish language and Celtic Studies, looking forwards to it! Very Happy

That is so cool! I wish they offered a course like that at Georgia State, I'd sign up for it in an instant.

I've be learning Irish language all through high school here and I wanna be fluent in it, so this is the next logical sstep i guess haha

Its a minority language, even here in Ireland, but its growing cheers
Back to top Go down
Kosburn59
Wooderson
Wooderson
Kosburn59

PostSubject: Re: School/College   School/College - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 12:47 am

Philo wrote:
Kosburn59 wrote:
Philo wrote:

I've be learning Irish language all through high school here and I wanna be fluent in it, so this is the next logical sstep i guess haha

Its a minority language, even here in Ireland, but its growing cheers

It might just be me, but it seems like most Europeans I've managed to come across have had to learn at least a second language in their studies, at least the ones from nations that aren't directly English. Obviously they offer to teach those courses in universities in America, but only French and Spanish seem to stick to anyone in grade school, if they even wish to learn them in the first place. I always felt like that was a little strange. I guess it makes sense just because the US is an island of it's own, and not connected to multiple other nations, excluding Mexico and Canada.
Back to top Go down
Philo
Wooderson
Wooderson
Philo

PostSubject: Re: School/College   School/College - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 1:34 am

Well in Ireland and the UK learning a second language doesn't seem to be as important as say maths or english, in mainland Europe like Frace, Spain or Germany i think most people are almost fluent in a second language whereas here and in Britain its far less common. Although it is compulorary in the Republic of Ireland to learn Irish the whole way through High School. Where I am in Northern Ireland it was compulorary to do a second language at GCSE level, but thats been abolished.

French, Spanish and Irish would be the main languages on the cirriculum here and in Britain
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: School/College   School/College - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 4:22 pm

ever since I applied for Graduation...I have no motivation to go to class.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: School/College   School/College - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 12:08 am

Just registered for my last semester as an undergrad. cheers

Classes I'll be taking in the spring:
Applied Anthropology
Human Variation, Behavior
Prehistoric North America
Historical Archaeology
Frontiers of Anthropology.
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: School/College   School/College - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 12:41 am

Dude, nice.

Personally I'm having a FUN time next semester.

Songwriting 1
Vocal techniques 2
Physical education
And something else.
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: School/College   School/College - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 3:06 am

Are you a music major or something? Unfortunately at my school to take music classes you have to have like classical training and all that stuff so I can't do it.
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: School/College   School/College - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 4:14 am

Nope, history major. But it's boring so fuck that.
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: School/College   School/College - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 4:33 am

I'm a history minor. I find history interesting for the most part, as long as I get to pick and choose time periods.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: School/College   School/College - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 2:49 am

so I started graduate school applications....anyone in the US been thru this in recent years?
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: School/College   School/College - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 5:28 am

Kosburn59 wrote:

It might just be me, but it seems like most Europeans I've managed to come across have had to learn at least a second language in their studies, at least the ones from nations that aren't directly English. Obviously they offer to teach those courses in universities in America, but only French and Spanish seem to stick to anyone in grade school, if they even wish to learn them in the first place. I always felt like that was a little strange. I guess it makes sense just because the US is an island of it's own, and not connected to multiple other nations, excluding Mexico and Canada.

i think a lot of european students learn second, third, etc. languages from an early age (which is when it's easier, anyways), whereas in the US it's put off til high school and college that you absolutely take a second language, and even then, i think we have taken for granted so many years of being like the "#1 country" and expect other countries to know english, should we happen to travel there, and we don't bother to seriously learn any other languages. i mean, i've taken french before and seriously wanted to learn it, but thought, what's the point? if i don't know anyone else who speaks french with whom i can regularly converse, i will lose that skill anyways.
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

PostSubject: Re: School/College   School/College - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 8:53 am

steph wrote:

i think a lot of european students learn second, third, etc. languages from an early age (which is when it's easier, anyways)

that's true, I started studying english when I was 5 years old and french when I was 11 and it helped A LOT.

If you want to speak french with someone just use those website like livemocha.com, I use that to practice russian!
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: School/College   School/College - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 3:47 pm

Did my final anthropology exam. Studied literally nothing at all, landed myself a 42/50. TOO COOL FOR SCHOOL!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: School/College   School/College - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 5:22 pm

Harbortown wrote:
Did my final anthropology exam. Studied literally nothing at all, landed myself a 42/50. TOO COOL FOR SCHOOL!

Anthropology is the dopest field ever!!

this is coming from an Anthroplogy major.
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: School/College   School/College - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 5:26 pm

Dude nice, hell yeah anthropology is awesome.

I loved the first few weeks of cultural anthropology because I got to make fun of goths a lot.
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

PostSubject: Re: School/College   School/College - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 5:28 pm

BULLY
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: School/College   School/College - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 5:30 pm

Hey now.
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

PostSubject: Re: School/College   School/College - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 7:01 pm

so I told my mum about the postgraduate I've chosen and she made me a single question: ARE YOU ALONE, HOW ARE YOU GOING TO MAKE FRIENDS THERE?

Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: School/College   School/College - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 7:03 pm

I think that's endearing. She doesn't care that much about what you want to do in life as long as you are happy.
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

PostSubject: Re: School/College   School/College - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 7:05 pm

Harbortown wrote:
I think that's endearing. She doesn't care that much about what you want to do in life as long as you are happy.

I swear to god my mum thinks I am unable to make friends. She was surprised that so many people were at my graduation.
Back to top Go down
Camus
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Camus

PostSubject: Re: School/College   School/College - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 7:09 pm

Which one did you go for?
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

PostSubject: Re: School/College   School/College - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 7:12 pm

Camus wrote:

translation and interpreting in manchester!
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: School/College   School/College - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 7:13 pm

plugga wrote:
Harbortown wrote:

I swear to god my mum thinks I am unable to make friends. She was surprised that so many people were at my graduation.
Haha, I'm glad you proved her wrong!
Back to top Go down
Camus
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Camus

PostSubject: Re: School/College   School/College - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 7:17 pm

plugga wrote:
Camus wrote:

translation and interpreting in manchester!

...but that's not London!

Manchester is pretty good anyway Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: School/College   School/College - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

School/College
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next