DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

School Project

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Nickpyah
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

School Project Empty
PostSubject: School Project   School Project Icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 10:13 pm

I have to connect a piece (as in the lyrics) of a song and one of the following themes.
-Don't sell out
-The strength of family
-The problem of conflicting expectations
-Love and trust prevail over deceit and selfishness
-Stereotyping and Prejudice

I wanted to of course pick a TGA song, fav band of all time. I am having trouble finding a selection from a TGA song that exemplifies one of the themes. It's hard...Their songs, mostly on the 59' sound keep making me hear fictional stories with references to things from Charles Dickens novels to Counting Crows and Bob Dylan songs instead of one of the themes. It doesn't have to be completely about it, I don't think, just some lyrics that share the same theme. Help?
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

School Project Empty
PostSubject: Re: School Project   School Project Icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 10:20 pm

Black Betty and the Moon definitely fits the Don't sell out theme

If you watch the start of this video he says something about how you shouldn't sell out your friends for money. hope that helps, sire rendeer
Back to top Go down
Daire
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Daire

School Project Empty
PostSubject: Re: School Project   School Project Icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 10:21 pm

The one that jumps out is Bring It On for love/trust/deceit/selfishness.
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

School Project Empty
PostSubject: Re: School Project   School Project Icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 11:17 pm

How about here comes my man?
Back to top Go down
A_Regular
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
A_Regular

School Project Empty
PostSubject: Re: School Project   School Project Icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2013 7:06 pm

Nickpyah wrote:
I have to connect a piece (as in the lyrics) of a song and one of the following themes.
-Don't sell out
-The strength of family
-The problem of conflicting expectations
-Love and trust prevail over deceit and selfishness
-Stereotyping and Prejudice

I wanted to of course pick a TGA song, fav band of all time. I am having trouble finding a selection from a TGA song that exemplifies one of the themes. It's hard...Their songs, mostly on the 59' sound keep making me hear fictional stories with references to things from Charles Dickens novels to Counting Crows and Bob Dylan songs instead of one of the themes. It doesn't have to be completely about it, I don't think, just some lyrics that share the same theme. Help?

Don't sell out, read the lyrics

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

School Project Empty
PostSubject: Re: School Project   School Project Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

School Project
Page 1 of 1