DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Horrible Crowes Are Just The Opposite

Go down 
+3
ral
Harbortown
LuceroDiehard
7 posters
AuthorMessage
LuceroDiehard
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
LuceroDiehard

Horrible Crowes Are Just The Opposite Empty
PostSubject: Horrible Crowes Are Just The Opposite   Horrible Crowes Are Just The Opposite Icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 8:06 am

http://blog.earbits.com/online_radio/tag/gaslight-anthem/

"Brian Fallon did just about the most annoying thing a popular musician can do a few months ago. He announced that he would be forming a side project entitled The Horrible Crowes, an outlet besides his band The Gaslight Anthem for his powerful lyrics, vocals and songwriting. He even claimed that he had enough material— about 15 songs— for an entire album. However, he provided no songs. Not even a preview. He left just enough information to stimulate the imaginations of eager fans. Tricky, yet clever."

Last edited by bobbyw24 on Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://bobbyw24.tumblr.com/archive
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: Horrible Crowes Are Just The Opposite   Horrible Crowes Are Just The Opposite Icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 10:13 am

Not that I want to be a buzzkill, but we don't really learn anything from that article.

Basically it's just repeating everything we already know about THC.
Back to top Go down
LuceroDiehard
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
LuceroDiehard

PostSubject: Re: Horrible Crowes Are Just The Opposite   Horrible Crowes Are Just The Opposite Icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 10:15 am

Harbortown wrote:
Not that I want to be a buzzkill, but we don't really learn anything from that article.

Another board (BTX) brings up this discussion

TRBrucefan writes:

What a ridiculous idea. To form a "side project" before his band's career has been solidified. He is going to muddy the waters here. Mark from Blink 182 had the same career mistake when he formed Angels and Airwaves during a Blink hiatus. The song "The Adventure" was so freakin' good that people think the new Blink song "Up All Night" sounds like A&A.
Mr. Fallon would be well suited to take these songs if they are any good and instead of some crazy side project give them to his bandmates in Gaslight.

Last edited by bobbyw24 on Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
LuceroDiehard
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
LuceroDiehard

PostSubject: Re: Horrible Crowes Are Just The Opposite   Horrible Crowes Are Just The Opposite Icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 10:25 am

TheBoyProphet wrote:

Brian's broadening the base...some of us don't get TGA to begin with, and already dig HC more simply based on the first youtube clip...
Back to top Go down
ral
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ral

PostSubject: Re: Horrible Crowes Are Just The Opposite   Horrible Crowes Are Just The Opposite Icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 10:41 am

bobbyw24 wrote:
Harbortown wrote:

What a ridiculous idea. To form a "side project" before his band's career has been solidified. He is going to muddy the waters here. Mark from Blink 182 had the same career mistake when he formed Angels and Airwaves during a Blink hiatus. The song "The Adventure" was so freakin' good that people think the new Blink song "Up All Night" sounds like A&A.
Mr. Fallon would be well suited to take these songs if they are any good and instead of some crazy side project give them to his bandmates in Gaslight.

The point about Blink 182 is quite simply wrong. They'd been around for 13 years, sold millions of albums and were on an indefinite hiatus (aka broken up) when Tom Delonge (it was Tom, not Mark Hoppus) formed Angels & Airwaves. Nothing Tom did in that band watered down the musical output of Blink 182
Back to top Go down
Gaslight23
Wooderson
Wooderson
Gaslight23

PostSubject: Re: Horrible Crowes Are Just The Opposite   Horrible Crowes Are Just The Opposite Icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 10:50 am

I don't really see the problem with Brian having a side project as all the other members of Gaslight have other bands as far as I'm aware
Back to top Go down
LuceroDiehard
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
LuceroDiehard

PostSubject: Re: Horrible Crowes Are Just The Opposite   Horrible Crowes Are Just The Opposite Icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 11:02 am

Gaslight23 wrote:
I don't really see the problem with Brian having a side project

+1
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: Horrible Crowes Are Just The Opposite   Horrible Crowes Are Just The Opposite Icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 11:49 am

Supposedly Brian even asked the rest of TGA if they wanted the songs and they said no. I'm fine with it.
Back to top Go down
LuceroDiehard
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
LuceroDiehard

PostSubject: Re: Horrible Crowes Are Just The Opposite   Horrible Crowes Are Just The Opposite Icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 11:54 am

simo wrote:
Supposedly Brian even asked the rest of TGA if they wanted the songs and they said no. I'm fine with it.

Excellent
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: Horrible Crowes Are Just The Opposite   Horrible Crowes Are Just The Opposite Icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 12:07 pm

If Brian wanted Gaslight Anthem to strictly be a career opportunity then he would have kept constantly working on that band, but first and foremost he's just a guy who plays music because it's fun, so what's important is to recognize that THC is something he does because he wants to.
Back to top Go down
Casey
A Contender
A Contender
Casey

PostSubject: Re: Horrible Crowes Are Just The Opposite   Horrible Crowes Are Just The Opposite Icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 3:48 pm

ral wrote:
bobbyw24 wrote:
Harbortown wrote:

The point about Blink 182 is quite simply wrong. They'd been around for 13 years, sold millions of albums and were on an indefinite hiatus (aka broken up) when Tom Delonge (it was Tom, not Mark Hoppus) formed Angels & Airwaves. Nothing Tom did in that band watered down the musical output of Blink 182

Lol seriously, the parallel he's trying to draw between TGA and Blink is terrible.
Tom ended things with Blink on a very sour note. He wouldn't talk to either band mate (had his manager do it), wouldn't answer their calls, and took some of the demos for the next Blink album and used them for AvA. He was a total dick head before he even formed AvA. He even cancelled a benefit show for the tsunami victims of 2004 (and wouldn't let Mark do an acoustic show on his own to raise money for charity).

I think I understand where Brian is coming from. It seems like he's bursting with ideas and lyrics right now and is using this surplus for something productive. I'm guessing he wanted TGA to remain very rock and roll oriented, so he formed THC to put out softer, slower songs. This way he didn't change the style of TGA, but still go to put out this awesome album to the fans. It reminds me of Here's Looking At You, Kid, and Blue Jeans and White T-Shirts, I feel like an album like this has been long over due and those are some of my favourite songs so I'm incredibly grateful and appreciative of this new album.
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Horrible Crowes Are Just The Opposite   Horrible Crowes Are Just The Opposite Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 4:59 am

simo wrote:

Where is that info from? I always thought these were written as THC songs.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org

PostSubject: Re: Horrible Crowes Are Just The Opposite   Horrible Crowes Are Just The Opposite Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 2:04 pm

steady now steady now wrote:
simo wrote:

I heard this, too. I think it was a video interview on youtube, but I could be mistaking. I'll look around and see if I can dig the interview up!
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: Horrible Crowes Are Just The Opposite   Horrible Crowes Are Just The Opposite Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 6:15 pm

steady now steady now wrote:
simo wrote:

Yeah it was in a video interview I think. I can't remember which one but I'm sure it was posted on this site as this is where I get all my info.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Horrible Crowes Are Just The Opposite   Horrible Crowes Are Just The Opposite Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 11:16 pm

From here: http://www.altpress.com/features/entry/in_the_studio_horrible_crowes/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

"One day we were like, “Hey man, I want to write songs like this.” It kind of came out. I was like, “Yeah, well, whatever.” And then all of a sudden, we actually started writing songs—and two weeks later, there were six songs. We were just like, “Wait a minute.” That’s when I was kind of like, “Hmm, maybe I should mention this to the other guys.” So I talked to the guys in the band and was like, “Do you want any of these songs, for Gaslight?” They’re like, “Awesome, but it’s not really our vibe.” And I was like, “Cool—do you mind if I do it with Ian?” And they were like, “Nah, go for it.”
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: Horrible Crowes Are Just The Opposite   Horrible Crowes Are Just The Opposite Icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 1:10 am

Yeah that's what I was thinking of. Guess it wasn't a video interview.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Horrible Crowes Are Just The Opposite   Horrible Crowes Are Just The Opposite Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Horrible Crowes Are Just The Opposite
Page 1 of 1