DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

'Elsie' pre-order news

Go down 
+42
Debonair
simo
Angry Johnny
fullcollapse
Down by the Mersey
Prisoner
eagles1139
Bea
carryon820
BuddyHolly
riversedge
oh_megan
Silver
madsmom
acousticbandit
Mipi
40 Miler
J.B.R.
stephendgaf
Mechamunky
bobbyjames
azlisa
NJsoul
CluckyB
IKeeptheDiner
thomas94
Shrewsbury_Stars
ral
Joe Jack
brucesboots
steady now steady now
TGAFAN25
Kosburn59
The Boxer
StopAndSlideToTheRight
enola
loazis
plugga
Gaslight23
El Jefe
JJW319
RobertODonnell
46 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
brucesboots
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

'Elsie' pre-order news - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'Elsie' pre-order news   'Elsie' pre-order news - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 12:03 pm

I think postage to Europe has slowed some people down, its a bit silly really because all international postage is not cheap and this is a big package. If people wait in the hope they will pick it up cheaper later they will be disapointed, the value of the ltd single will cover the postage alone come September. Buying a t shirt at a gig costs £25 so all in all a good deal.
Back to top Go down
riversedge
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
riversedge

PostSubject: Re: 'Elsie' pre-order news   'Elsie' pre-order news - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 12:10 pm

100 dollars is too steep for an unemployed guy... I wish I could afford it though. I'll have to buy some merch at the revival tour. That is if Brian's selling any...
Back to top Go down
Silver
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Silver

PostSubject: Re: 'Elsie' pre-order news   'Elsie' pre-order news - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 1:53 pm

EMP Germany is offering both vinyl versions now. The red and the black one.
http://www.emp.de/bin/shop.php?prog=search&Sucheintrag=Horrible%20Crowes%2C%20The&nurint=1

Still don't understand the point why the blood red vinyl is called the "limited" vinyl in every store 'cause the pressing for this is higher than the black vinyl pressing. (Red: 1500/ Black: 1300) Does it mean that all further pressings of "elsie" will be on black vinyl so that the red vinyl is the only col. "limited" vinyl? scratch
Back to top Go down
J.B.R.
A Contender
A Contender
J.B.R.

PostSubject: Re: 'Elsie' pre-order news   'Elsie' pre-order news - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 2:00 pm

As a result of the preorder madness yesterday I will have 3 copies of the black vinyl from S1D, I only want 2 (one to sit and look pretty and the other to spin) and I think I will give my 3rd copy away. I know that I can probably sell it for $ on ebay but I don't want to do that especially since I have been reading about all of the younger kids-college-no-job, I know what you are going through and I understand. So when I will get the record I'll create a little fun contest and the winner will get a copy and I'll even pay for shipping.
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

PostSubject: Re: 'Elsie' pre-order news   'Elsie' pre-order news - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 2:09 pm

awww, aren't we an adorable bunch of people Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: 'Elsie' pre-order news   'Elsie' pre-order news - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 2:36 pm

Silver wrote:
http://www.emp.de/bin/shop.php?prog=search&Sucheintrag=Horrible%20Crowes%2C%20The&nurint=1

Still don't understand the point why the blood red vinyl is called the "limited" vinyl in every store 'cause the pressing for this is higher than the black vinyl pressing. (Red: 1500/ Black: 1300) Does it mean that all further pressings of "elsie" will be on black vinyl so that the red vinyl is the only col. "limited" vinyl? scratch

I was wondering the same thing myself.
Back to top Go down
brucesboots
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: 'Elsie' pre-order news   'Elsie' pre-order news - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 2:47 pm

Shrewsbury_Stars wrote:
Silver wrote:

didnt it say something about it being a special cover for the first press.
Back to top Go down
BuddyHolly
A Contender
A Contender
BuddyHolly

PostSubject: Re: 'Elsie' pre-order news   'Elsie' pre-order news - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 2:47 pm

I just pre-ordered the blood red vinyl at www.large.nl (the Dutch version of EMP Germany)...
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: 'Elsie' pre-order news   'Elsie' pre-order news - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 3:11 pm

brucesboots wrote:
Shrewsbury_Stars wrote:
Silver wrote:

didnt it say something about it being a special cover for the first press.

Are you talking about the description in the pre-order? I didn't see that.
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: 'Elsie' pre-order news   'Elsie' pre-order news - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 3:21 pm

J.B.R. wrote:
especially since I have been reading about all of the younger kids-college-no-job, I know what you are going through and I understand. So when I will get the record I'll create a little fun contest and the winner will get a copy and I'll even pay for shipping.

That's an awesome idea and really sweet of you!
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74

PostSubject: Re: 'Elsie' pre-order news   'Elsie' pre-order news - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 4:28 pm

still no US stores offering pre-sale for the red vinyl?
Back to top Go down
J.B.R.
A Contender
A Contender
J.B.R.

PostSubject: Re: 'Elsie' pre-order news   'Elsie' pre-order news - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 4:38 pm

http://www.interpunk.com/item.cfm?Item=195365&
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 'Elsie' pre-order news   'Elsie' pre-order news - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 5:11 pm

Sorry, but I don't see anywhere on that page where it specifies red or black 12".
Back to top Go down
J.B.R.
A Contender
A Contender
J.B.R.

PostSubject: Re: 'Elsie' pre-order news   'Elsie' pre-order news - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 5:14 pm

shoot them an email, I thought that the black was S1D exclusive
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: 'Elsie' pre-order news   'Elsie' pre-order news - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 3:42 pm

J.B.R. wrote:
shoot them an email, I thought that the black was S1D exclusive

Banquet Records in the UK are selling the black as well.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: 'Elsie' pre-order news   'Elsie' pre-order news - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 3:54 pm

To the extent people want the red vinyl, I wouldn't sweat it. 1,500 copies is quite a bit. I would save on the shipping costs and just buy it from you local indie store.
Back to top Go down
bobbyjames
A Contender
A Contender
bobbyjames

PostSubject: Re: 'Elsie' pre-order news   'Elsie' pre-order news - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 10:13 am

now pay day is here I've also pre-ordered the Red LP from Banquet. can't wait to get all this in the post!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 'Elsie' pre-order news   'Elsie' pre-order news - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2011 5:48 am

Typical, sideone offer a 10% discount on their latest newsletter - AFTER we've all pre-ordered THC!
Back to top Go down
riversedge
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
riversedge

PostSubject: Re: 'Elsie' pre-order news   'Elsie' pre-order news - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2011 2:03 pm

When this record comes i'm gonna wait till midnight to listen to it. Seems fitting.
Back to top Go down
carryon820
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: 'Elsie' pre-order news   'Elsie' pre-order news - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2011 10:46 pm

I'm surprised that the $55 preorder package is still available on SOD (the last time I checked anyway). I know it was a bit expensive but I thought that with everything included, it's limited edition value, and THC being a special kind of side project, that the preorder package would be gone in a day or two. I bought mine and now I'm just waiting for a US store carrying the red vinyl so that I can order it. I don't think it's necessary for me to try and get it ASAP from some of the overseas shops offerring it; if I had a local record store I'd just wait and purchase it then, but because there's nothing local, I'm searching for any online US stores offerring it. Like someone else above stated, with there being so many red copies available, I don't think it will be that difficult to get, which is why I haven't purchased it overseas.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 'Elsie' pre-order news   'Elsie' pre-order news - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2011 10:54 pm

carryon820 wrote:
I'm surprised that the $55 preorder package is still available on SOD (the last time I checked anyway). I know it was a bit expensive but I thought that with everything included, it's limited edition value, and THC being a special kind of side project, that the preorder package would be gone in a day or two.

I thought the same thing. As soon as it went up I scrambled to order one of the bundles so it wouldn't sell out and it's still up almost a week later... oh, well, at least I'm getting one!
Back to top Go down
azlisa
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
azlisa

PostSubject: Re: 'Elsie' pre-order news   'Elsie' pre-order news - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 2:09 am

Interpunk says if you pre-order the CD or LP from them, you get a free poster. Unsure of what the poster looks like...hmm...

http://interpunk.com/item.cfm?Item=195365&
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/azlisa
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: 'Elsie' pre-order news   'Elsie' pre-order news - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 2:31 am

I'm actually not that surprised that this is still available.

The only item in the bundle that will be hard to come by is the 7". I think it's understandable that people are reluctant to drop $60 for one 7" plus an LP that is readily available elsewhere. The t-shirt and poster are nice extras but they're not enough to make this package a "must have" in my opinion.

I think that SideOneDummy kind of missed an opportunity here by not having more variants and more limited pressings (similar to what they did with American Slang). When you have multiple variants that are limited to 500 or less people buy them up like hotcakes.

Although I purchased the deluxe bundle, I would have passed if I had less disposable income.

Last edited by Shrewsbury_Stars on Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: 'Elsie' pre-order news   'Elsie' pre-order news - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 6:30 am

markbarlow wrote:
Typical, sideone offer a 10% discount on their latest newsletter - AFTER we've all pre-ordered THC!

can you not cancel your initial order and then re-order?
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org

PostSubject: Re: 'Elsie' pre-order news   'Elsie' pre-order news - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 9:37 am

steady now steady now wrote:
markbarlow wrote:

can you not cancel your initial order and then re-order?

You can't cancel the order on the webstore - would have to get in touch with them and ask them to refund me (they've already charged me). Not worth the hassle for $5.50, just a bit annoying.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 'Elsie' pre-order news   'Elsie' pre-order news - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

'Elsie' pre-order news
Page 7 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11, 12, 13  Next