DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Pre-order the CD

Go down 
+2
steady now steady now
simo
6 posters
AuthorMessage
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

Pre-order the CD Empty
PostSubject: Pre-order the CD   Pre-order the CD Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 3:08 pm

There was already a thread for the vinyl pre-order, but here's the CD:

http://www.amazon.com/American-Slang-Gaslight-Anthem/dp/B003FK8V7G/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1271527666&sr=8-1
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

Pre-order the CD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pre-order the CD   Pre-order the CD Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 3:13 pm

I was really hoping that there would be a deluxe edition with a bonus DVD of the Reading footage. Looks like the CD will be it. I'm not complaining, of course, but what I don't want to find is that they release a deluxe edition after a few months. I'd buy it anyway, as I buy everything else they put out, but the choice should be available from the start.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
ral
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ral

Pre-order the CD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pre-order the CD   Pre-order the CD Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 4:10 pm

I'm going to wait for the band or Sideone to announce something. No need to support amazon.
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

Pre-order the CD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pre-order the CD   Pre-order the CD Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 4:32 pm

steady now steady now wrote:
I was really hoping that there would be a deluxe edition with a bonus DVD of the Reading footage. Looks like the CD will be it. I'm not complaining, of course, but what I don't want to find is that they release a deluxe edition after a few months. I'd buy it anyway, as I buy everything else they put out, but the choice should be available from the start.

I don't see any reason why they would rip us off like that.

I'm not preordering now anyways cause there's not much point. Maybe closer to the release though.
Back to top Go down
johnny

Pre-order the CD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pre-order the CD   Pre-order the CD Icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 12:47 pm

"I
was really hoping that there would be a deluxe edition with a bonus DVD
of the Reading footage. Looks like the CD will be it. I'm not
complaining, of course, but what I don't want to find is that they
release a deluxe edition after a few months. I'd buy it anyway, as I
buy everything else they put out, but the choice should be available
from the start."

Where did this post even come from? Has there ever been a comment made that the band would release a DVD with the album? Not that I'm aware of. Seems a little odd and unusual to have that "hope" based on nothing and then go so far as to prepare a critique of something that will never happen anyway. Calm down.
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

Pre-order the CD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pre-order the CD   Pre-order the CD Icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 12:58 pm

johnny wrote:
Where did this post even come from? Has there ever been a comment made that the band would release a DVD with the album? Not that I'm aware of. Seems a little odd and unusual to have that "hope" based on nothing and then go so far as to prepare a critique of something that will never happen anyway. Calm down.

Johnny, I clearly stated that I was not complaining. I just said it would be nice if there was a delux edition. The new Flogging Molly live CD comes with a bonus DVD, so SideOneDummy can clearly do it. The bit about 'don't issue it later' was a just an in case comment, as I've seen it happen too often. With a big (festival) tour coming up just after the release of the album, a live bonus DVD would have been a great advert for the back catalogue and for how brilliant they are live. I am quite calm, thank you (at least I was before I read your post Pre-order the CD Icon_mad). Pre-order the CD Icon_smile
Back to top Go down
ilockyer
A Contender
A Contender
ilockyer

Pre-order the CD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pre-order the CD   Pre-order the CD Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 3:22 pm

The Flogging Molly DVD was planned for ages, I think they just decided it'd make sense to include the audio discs since most people would've ripped them anyway, for an extra couple of quid most people will pay to have both. Dropkick Murphys did the same.

A Gaslight blu-ray would be cool, with the Reading/Glasto footage included.
Back to top Go down
andy.mac
Wooderson
Wooderson
andy.mac

Pre-order the CD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pre-order the CD   Pre-order the CD Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 9:42 am

what's with all these random guests jumping on and acting like big gaslight fan heroes ?
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

Pre-order the CD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pre-order the CD   Pre-order the CD Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 11:09 am

Quote :
There's gonna be a proper pre order soon, along
with Vinyl Colors, CD's, ltd. Posters, Shirts, AND some extra tracks not
on the record

Looks like Gaslight still have some tricks up their sleeve =). Will probably be live stuff, but still should be good
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

Pre-order the CD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pre-order the CD   Pre-order the CD Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 12:30 pm

andy.mac wrote:
what's with all these random guests jumping on and acting like big gaslight fan heroes ?

it's obvious you've been away awhile; welcome back to the new DS
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Pre-order the CD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pre-order the CD   Pre-order the CD Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pre-order the CD
Page 1 of 1