DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

HMV pre-order (UK)

Go down 
+8
Palmer89
Daire
Shipyards
Tim was here
benbenben
Emyr
Down by the Mersey
steady now steady now
12 posters
AuthorMessage
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

HMV pre-order (UK) Empty
PostSubject: HMV pre-order (UK)   HMV pre-order (UK) Icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 8:32 am

Well, I got my HMV pre-order (box with t-shirt, 2 enamel badges & CD) in the post this morning ...

- they put the HMV barcode sticker over the Gaslight Anthem logo on the box (which otherwise would have looked nice, though it doesn't look like on the photo)
- they crudely crossed out the barcode on the CD itself with a permanent marker
- the print on the t-shirt is a few inches off-centre
- er ....

The badges are cool though and it comes with a FANTASTIC album.

Nevertheless, it's going back to HMV as 'damaged', though I think I should be allowed to keep the badges because of the hassle.

HMV pre-order (UK) 243581
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
Down by the Mersey
Wooderson
Wooderson
Down by the Mersey

HMV pre-order (UK) Empty
PostSubject: Re: HMV pre-order (UK)   HMV pre-order (UK) Icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 9:28 am

Mine arrived this morning and was left on my front step. Pack exactly as yours with stickers and crossed out barcodes. T shirt looks ok as well and of course the CD has a fantastic album on it. Going to keep it because it was the T shirt and CD I was after but its a shame it wasn't designed and delivered in a better way to support the band.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/bosshugo
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

HMV pre-order (UK) Empty
PostSubject: Re: HMV pre-order (UK)   HMV pre-order (UK) Icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 9:57 am

As for the t-shirt, the label says 'made in Honduras' and 'imported into Mexico'. My first thought was 'why not have a USA made t-shirt for an American Slang album?', but as I don't believe in protectionism of this kind, I put that thought aside fairly quickly. However, although the Gaslight Anthem isn't an overtly political band, I would have liked to see them take this opportunity to at elast opt for a Fairtrade t-shirt (with Fairtrade cotton).

Last edited by steady now steady now on Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
Emyr
A Contender
A Contender
Emyr

HMV pre-order (UK) Empty
PostSubject: Re: HMV pre-order (UK)   HMV pre-order (UK) Icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 11:14 am

Is the tshirt large?
I'm guessing it is. I shall just wear it to lounge around in. Very Happy

I should hopefully receive mine Monday, as I don't get post on Saturdays unfortunately.
Back to top Go down
http://emmaprew.blogspot.com
Down by the Mersey
Wooderson
Wooderson
Down by the Mersey

HMV pre-order (UK) Empty
PostSubject: Re: HMV pre-order (UK)   HMV pre-order (UK) Icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 1:36 pm

Yes the T shirt is large.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/bosshugo
benbenben
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
benbenben

HMV pre-order (UK) Empty
PostSubject: Re: HMV pre-order (UK)   HMV pre-order (UK) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 5:40 am

Amazon Fail.

Quote :

Dear Customer,

Greetings from Amazon.co.uk.

We regret to inform you that your order will take longer to fulfill than originally estimated. Our supplier has notified us that there is a delay obtaining stock for the following items you ordered.....
Back to top Go down
http://www.benbenbenblogblogblog.blogspot.com
Tim was here
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Tim was here

HMV pre-order (UK) Empty
PostSubject: Re: HMV pre-order (UK)   HMV pre-order (UK) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 7:06 am

benbenben wrote:
Amazon Fail.

Quote :

Dear Customer,

Greetings from Amazon.co.uk.

We regret to inform you that your order will take longer to fulfill than originally estimated. Our supplier has notified us that there is a delay obtaining stock for the following items you ordered.....

My record store had the same kind of message for me. They told me Side One Dummy messed up.
Back to top Go down
Shipyards
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Shipyards

HMV pre-order (UK) Empty
PostSubject: Re: HMV pre-order (UK)   HMV pre-order (UK) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 9:20 am

My HMV box was in just as sorry state, managed to peel off the sticker, but it still looks bashed. Sent an email to HMV, but don't intend to send it back, until I hear from them, can't really be arsed with the hassle.

Just transfered the album to my ipod and boxed it all up again, there is no way I can fit my frame into the t-shirt and from what others have said it's not up to quality to pass on. So I'll keep it all intact and stick it on the shelf.
Back to top Go down
Daire
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Daire

HMV pre-order (UK) Empty
PostSubject: Re: HMV pre-order (UK)   HMV pre-order (UK) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 9:31 am

Mine hasn't even arrived yet! :/
Back to top Go down
Palmer89
Wooderson
Wooderson

HMV pre-order (UK) Empty
PostSubject: Re: HMV pre-order (UK)   HMV pre-order (UK) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 9:36 am

I'm glad I ended up only getting the CD in the end.

The CD is in the same state it is on the shelves, no blacked out barcode, the only sticker is the quotes from the magazines. Good quality.

Not sure why the Bundle is in such a bad state, cancelled it hours before they were sent out, will just get a poster/T-Shirt at the show in a couple of weeks.
Back to top Go down
WWD4D?
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
WWD4D?

HMV pre-order (UK) Empty
PostSubject: Re: HMV pre-order (UK)   HMV pre-order (UK) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 10:18 am

Weird, I had no marker on my CD, the box wasn't as pictured with some of the letters looking a bit scrappy but I'm okay with that. The t shirt, though, is huge. Not sure what I'm going to do with it, porbably just wear it for bed or not at all. The badges are nice though.
Back to top Go down
Emyr
A Contender
A Contender
Emyr

HMV pre-order (UK) Empty
PostSubject: Re: HMV pre-order (UK)   HMV pre-order (UK) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 1:58 pm

WWD4D? wrote:
Weird, I had no marker on my CD, the box wasn't as pictured with some of the letters looking a bit scrappy but I'm okay with that. The t shirt, though, is huge. Not sure what I'm going to do with it, porbably just wear it for bed or not at all. The badges are nice though.

yeah, my CD was fine too.

As for the box, I'm not certain but it does sorta look like each box has been stamped individually. Which is a nice touch really, then everyone is unique. Which would explain why some letters are clearer than others.

Would it be wrong of me to cut at parts of the t-shirt to make it more wearable?
Back to top Go down
WWD4D?
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
WWD4D?

HMV pre-order (UK) Empty
PostSubject: Re: HMV pre-order (UK)   HMV pre-order (UK) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 2:03 pm

No, I don't think it would be wrong. I was considering doing the same thing, but I'm not sure how to go about it.
Back to top Go down
Daire
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Daire

HMV pre-order (UK) Empty
PostSubject: Re: HMV pre-order (UK)   HMV pre-order (UK) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 5:55 am

Mine came this morning, and the presentation of the whole thing is quite good for me. The white sticker is on the side of the box so I have the full print, and I can live with the marker through the barcode.
The t-shirt is large, but it's large in terms of height and not witdth and fits me like a glove.

It took a while to get here but I'm happy with the end product.
Back to top Go down
kieran
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
kieran

HMV pre-order (UK) Empty
PostSubject: Re: HMV pre-order (UK)   HMV pre-order (UK) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 6:42 am

WWD4D? wrote:
No, I don't think it would be wrong. I was considering doing the same thing, but I'm not sure how to go about it.

You would have to re hem it or what ever the term is so it dosnt fray. You would need a sowing machine to I would imagine.
Back to top Go down
WWD4D?
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
WWD4D?

HMV pre-order (UK) Empty
PostSubject: Re: HMV pre-order (UK)   HMV pre-order (UK) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 6:46 am

Yeah, i did some digging and found this:
http://www.sewingrepublic.com/projectIdeas.html#/shrinkdown/
Luckily, my girlfriend is a textiles graduate and is very handy with a sewing machine.
Back to top Go down
Emyr
A Contender
A Contender
Emyr

HMV pre-order (UK) Empty
PostSubject: Re: HMV pre-order (UK)   HMV pre-order (UK) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 8:14 am

That video looks really useful. Good find.
I have very little sewing skills but it's worth a shot.
Back to top Go down
WWD4D?
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
WWD4D?

HMV pre-order (UK) Empty
PostSubject: Re: HMV pre-order (UK)   HMV pre-order (UK) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 11:16 am

There's also a step by step PDF to download from there. My girlfriend said it's dead easy so hopefully I'll be able to wear it some time soon.
Back to top Go down
benbenben
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
benbenben

HMV pre-order (UK) Empty
PostSubject: Re: HMV pre-order (UK)   HMV pre-order (UK) Icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 7:55 am

Wooooo Amazon success!
Back to top Go down
http://www.benbenbenblogblogblog.blogspot.com
bringiton
Wooderson
Wooderson
bringiton

HMV pre-order (UK) Empty
PostSubject: Re: HMV pre-order (UK)   HMV pre-order (UK) Icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 8:12 am

I was about to pre order this but I wanted to save a bit and get a hoody at the gig and buy the CD and stuff a month or two later so I didn't get it. But then I walked into HMV on Monday and saw it on the shelf and couldn't resist.
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

HMV pre-order (UK) Empty
PostSubject: Re: HMV pre-order (UK)   HMV pre-order (UK) Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 5:31 am

Emyr wrote:

Would it be wrong of me to cut at parts of the t-shirt to make it more wearable?

no, only losers do that.

what??

sorry im in a particularly sarcastic mood, which unfortunately does not translate to online-speak. i'm sure sarcastic folk like me will be darwin-ed out soon.

but seriously. to answer your question, in one word. NO
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

HMV pre-order (UK) Empty
PostSubject: Re: HMV pre-order (UK)   HMV pre-order (UK) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

HMV pre-order (UK)
Page 1 of 1