DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Brian to be on "Hoppus On Music" - Friday 15th (Tomorrow)

Go down 
+10
Little Eden
ral
JukeboxJuliet
enola
Shrewsbury_Stars
Bea
CluckyB
Harbortown
plugga
JJW319
14 posters
AuthorMessage
JJW319
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
JJW319

Brian to be on "Hoppus On Music"  - Friday 15th (Tomorrow) Empty
PostSubject: Brian to be on "Hoppus On Music" - Friday 15th (Tomorrow)   Brian to be on "Hoppus On Music"  - Friday 15th (Tomorrow) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 4:08 pm

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=10150170368958305&id=384408923304

Hey everyone,

Brian Fallon will be on a panel debating today’s top music stories on Fuse TV’s Hoppus On Music this Friday 4/15 at 11pm ET (check your local listings)

TGA

GREAT! Watch this, then the performance over @ Letterman. Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

PostSubject: Re: Brian to be on "Hoppus On Music" - Friday 15th (Tomorrow)   Brian to be on "Hoppus On Music"  - Friday 15th (Tomorrow) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 5:01 pm

I am so curious about this
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: Brian to be on "Hoppus On Music" - Friday 15th (Tomorrow)   Brian to be on "Hoppus On Music"  - Friday 15th (Tomorrow) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 5:03 pm

Is there anyway that someone could record it and upload it for us poor Europeans?
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

PostSubject: Re: Brian to be on "Hoppus On Music" - Friday 15th (Tomorrow)   Brian to be on "Hoppus On Music"  - Friday 15th (Tomorrow) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 6:43 pm

So wait, Brian is going to be on Fuse at 11 and then Gaslight will be on Letterman half an hour later? You'd think they would try and spread TV appearance out at least a little more. I guess they are just figuring most fans will just watch it on line on saturday regardless.
Back to top Go down
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

PostSubject: Re: Brian to be on "Hoppus On Music" - Friday 15th (Tomorrow)   Brian to be on "Hoppus On Music"  - Friday 15th (Tomorrow) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 6:50 pm

wait... what's Hoppus On Music? isn't that the same thing that A Different Spin?
i'm confused Suspect sorry if this question sounds stupid, but that's what happens when you live outside the US
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: Brian to be on "Hoppus On Music" - Friday 15th (Tomorrow)   Brian to be on "Hoppus On Music"  - Friday 15th (Tomorrow) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 6:58 pm

CluckyB wrote:
So wait, Brian is going to be on Fuse at 11 and then Gaslight will be on Letterman half an hour later? You'd think they would try and spread TV appearance out at least a little more. I guess they are just figuring most fans will just watch it on line on saturday regardless.

Here's my take:

First, the band is really not in a position to turn down an appearance on either Letterman or Hoppus simply because the broadcasts are scheduled to overlap. In fact, the only reason Gaslight was able to get on Letterman this week is because Chris Cornell had to reschedule his appearance which was originally scheduled for Friday. In other words, TGA isn't in such high demand that they can be choosy about national TV appearances.

Second, the muscial guest on Letterman does not go on until the very end of the show (around 12:30) by which time the FUSE show will be over.
Back to top Go down
JJW319
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
JJW319

PostSubject: Re: Brian to be on "Hoppus On Music" - Friday 15th (Tomorrow)   Brian to be on "Hoppus On Music"  - Friday 15th (Tomorrow) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 7:10 pm

Bea wrote:
wait... what's Hoppus On Music? isn't that the same thing that A Different Spin?
i'm confused Suspect sorry if this question sounds stupid, but that's what happens when you live outside the US

basically the same thing. They just renamed it after the first batch of episodes, and changed it up a little
Back to top Go down
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

PostSubject: Re: Brian to be on "Hoppus On Music" - Friday 15th (Tomorrow)   Brian to be on "Hoppus On Music"  - Friday 15th (Tomorrow) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 7:37 pm

JJW319 wrote:
Bea wrote:

basically the same thing. They just renamed it after the first batch of episodes, and changed it up a little
thanks Smile
Back to top Go down
JJW319
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
JJW319

PostSubject: Re: Brian to be on "Hoppus On Music" - Friday 15th (Tomorrow)   Brian to be on "Hoppus On Music"  - Friday 15th (Tomorrow) Icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2011 12:34 am

So I'm watching this and Mark just did about a 20 minute interview with Foo Fighters. Such an awesome talk. Super funny as well.

EDIT: Hoppus/Fallon fight over basslines? Stayyy tuned...
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: Brian to be on "Hoppus On Music" - Friday 15th (Tomorrow)   Brian to be on "Hoppus On Music"  - Friday 15th (Tomorrow) Icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2011 3:38 am

There's a very short trailer on youtube where you can see Brian.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w13ecH1mByQ
Really looking forward to the whole show.

On the "Hoppus on Music" youtube channel are also some short parts fo the Foo interview. Have to check them out later ....
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
JukeboxJuliet
A Contender
A Contender
JukeboxJuliet

PostSubject: Re: Brian to be on "Hoppus On Music" - Friday 15th (Tomorrow)   Brian to be on "Hoppus On Music"  - Friday 15th (Tomorrow) Icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2011 3:20 pm

Does anyone happen to record this? I'd love to see it!
Back to top Go down
ral
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ral

PostSubject: Re: Brian to be on "Hoppus On Music" - Friday 15th (Tomorrow)   Brian to be on "Hoppus On Music"  - Friday 15th (Tomorrow) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 1:46 am

not a high quality recording by any means but it's what I was able to capture.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojcaTvN1Jrc

short bit with a few funny parts but mostly just left me wondering who Brian has written songs for.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brian to be on "Hoppus On Music" - Friday 15th (Tomorrow)   Brian to be on "Hoppus On Music"  - Friday 15th (Tomorrow) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 1:48 am

thanks a lot ral.
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: Brian to be on "Hoppus On Music" - Friday 15th (Tomorrow)   Brian to be on "Hoppus On Music"  - Friday 15th (Tomorrow) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 2:58 am

thanks so much, ral
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
Little Eden
Wooderson
Wooderson
Little Eden

PostSubject: Re: Brian to be on "Hoppus On Music" - Friday 15th (Tomorrow)   Brian to be on "Hoppus On Music"  - Friday 15th (Tomorrow) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 5:15 am

Loves it.

Thank you for sharing!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Brian to be on "Hoppus On Music" - Friday 15th (Tomorrow)   Brian to be on "Hoppus On Music"  - Friday 15th (Tomorrow) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 5:44 am

ral wrote:
short bit with a few funny parts but mostly just left me wondering who Brian has written songs for.

very true; the great Brian Fallon mystery; let's go and look for that distinctive lyrical style, even if they may have changed 'baby' to 'darling'

that aside, the clip was funny, but sometimes shows like that seem to be more about the presenters than the guest

as for 'London Calling' being Brian's favourite bass line, perhaps he meant 'Guns of Brixton'? Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

PostSubject: Re: Brian to be on "Hoppus On Music" - Friday 15th (Tomorrow)   Brian to be on "Hoppus On Music"  - Friday 15th (Tomorrow) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 6:30 am

thaaank you ahah that was nice!
Back to top Go down
joshyboytyler
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
joshyboytyler

PostSubject: Re: Brian to be on "Hoppus On Music" - Friday 15th (Tomorrow)   Brian to be on "Hoppus On Music"  - Friday 15th (Tomorrow) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 7:31 am

Ah man really wanna know who he's written songs for
Back to top Go down
Jay
A Contender
A Contender
Jay

PostSubject: Re: Brian to be on "Hoppus On Music" - Friday 15th (Tomorrow)   Brian to be on "Hoppus On Music"  - Friday 15th (Tomorrow) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 1:01 pm

I love you That one host was very pretty to say the least lol.

But anyway, cool find.
Back to top Go down
joshyboytyler
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
joshyboytyler

PostSubject: Re: Brian to be on "Hoppus On Music" - Friday 15th (Tomorrow)   Brian to be on "Hoppus On Music"  - Friday 15th (Tomorrow) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 1:32 pm

Jay wrote:

I'm guessing you mean Brian?
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: Brian to be on "Hoppus On Music" - Friday 15th (Tomorrow)   Brian to be on "Hoppus On Music"  - Friday 15th (Tomorrow) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 9:30 pm

That was kind of disappointing. Also didn't Brian mention writing songs for other people in his Writers on Process interview?
Back to top Go down
Jay
A Contender
A Contender
Jay

PostSubject: Re: Brian to be on "Hoppus On Music" - Friday 15th (Tomorrow)   Brian to be on "Hoppus On Music"  - Friday 15th (Tomorrow) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 12:00 am

joshyboytyler wrote:
Jay wrote:

I'm guessing you mean Brian?

No I mean the female actually lol.
Back to top Go down
joshyboytyler
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
joshyboytyler

PostSubject: Re: Brian to be on "Hoppus On Music" - Friday 15th (Tomorrow)   Brian to be on "Hoppus On Music"  - Friday 15th (Tomorrow) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 7:47 am

lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brian to be on "Hoppus On Music" - Friday 15th (Tomorrow)   Brian to be on "Hoppus On Music"  - Friday 15th (Tomorrow) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Brian to be on "Hoppus On Music" - Friday 15th (Tomorrow)
Page 1 of 1