DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Friday May 24: Brian does Guest DJ Spot from Asbury Park on SiriusXM E Street radio

Go down 
+5
eagles1139
NeverTrustAJunkie
DeathoftheCool
FrankieG
LuceroDiehard
9 posters
AuthorMessage
LuceroDiehard
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
LuceroDiehard

Friday May 24: Brian does Guest DJ Spot from Asbury Park on SiriusXM E Street radio Empty
PostSubject: Friday May 24: Brian does Guest DJ Spot from Asbury Park on SiriusXM E Street radio   Friday May 24: Brian does Guest DJ Spot from Asbury Park on SiriusXM E Street radio Icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 1:16 pm

Sirius XM E Street Radio is broadcasting LIVE all day from the Asbury Park boardwalk, right outside McLoone’s Asbury Grille on Friday May 24th.

It’s a “kick off the summer” show and it starts with Dave Marsh's Live from E Street Nation at 10:30am ET.

E Street Radio will play music throughout the day with special guest interviews and song requests from the fans! Special guests include Southside Johnny, Lisa Iannucci, Stan Goldstein and more.

Brian Fallon of the Gaslight Anthem will be doing a live Guest DJ session from the beach.

Friday May 24: Brian does Guest DJ Spot from Asbury Park on SiriusXM E Street radio Tumblr_inline_mn7jjl8Ysw1qz4rgp

The day will wrap up with a LIVE from the shore edition of The Wild & The Innocent with Jim Rotolo.

Call 877-70-BRUCE (877-702-7823) or join us at the beach!

E Street Radio brings you “The Sounds of the Shore” as part of Sirius XM’s “Sounds of Summer.”
Back to top Go down
http://bobbyw24.tumblr.com/archive
FrankieG
A Contender
A Contender
FrankieG

Friday May 24: Brian does Guest DJ Spot from Asbury Park on SiriusXM E Street radio Empty
PostSubject: Re: Friday May 24: Brian does Guest DJ Spot from Asbury Park on SiriusXM E Street radio   Friday May 24: Brian does Guest DJ Spot from Asbury Park on SiriusXM E Street radio Icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 3:29 pm

Wish I could make this...
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: Friday May 24: Brian does Guest DJ Spot from Asbury Park on SiriusXM E Street radio   Friday May 24: Brian does Guest DJ Spot from Asbury Park on SiriusXM E Street radio Icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 5:27 am

hopefully a soundcloud will pop up of this fine moment in history!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Brian As Guest DJ On E Street Radio (Link!)   Friday May 24: Brian does Guest DJ Spot from Asbury Park on SiriusXM E Street radio Icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2013 11:17 pm

Just ripped the audio! Enjoy!

Friday May 24: Brian does Guest DJ Spot from Asbury Park on SiriusXM E Street radio Dsc_0011

http://fs02n3.sendspace.com/dl/3b0c7e854697a57c4c1ad0af0f43bab1/51a4146675a97d55/rulv9j/Brian%20Fallon%20As%20E-Street%20Radio%20Guest%20DJ.mp3
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: Friday May 24: Brian does Guest DJ Spot from Asbury Park on SiriusXM E Street radio   Friday May 24: Brian does Guest DJ Spot from Asbury Park on SiriusXM E Street radio Icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2013 11:48 pm

It worked for me. You have to find the actual link to the download because there are a bunch of ads trying to trick you.

Friday May 24: Brian does Guest DJ Spot from Asbury Park on SiriusXM E Street radio Screen11

Click that blue link and it should download. Ignore the popup ad.
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: Friday May 24: Brian does Guest DJ Spot from Asbury Park on SiriusXM E Street radio   Friday May 24: Brian does Guest DJ Spot from Asbury Park on SiriusXM E Street radio Icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2013 11:49 pm

Thanks for putting this up Smile I was so mad I missed it because I forgot.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Friday May 24: Brian does Guest DJ Spot from Asbury Park on SiriusXM E Street radio   Friday May 24: Brian does Guest DJ Spot from Asbury Park on SiriusXM E Street radio Icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2013 11:56 pm

Here is a different link - should be easier to use - http://www.mediafire.com/download/6lec8zh001b05hs/Brian_Fallon_As_E-Street_Radio_Guest_DJ.mp3

You can actually hear the rain on the broadcast. It was coming down pretty hard at times. The boardwalk was completely empty except for everyone around the E Street Radio setup.
Back to top Go down
eagles1139
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
eagles1139

PostSubject: Re: Friday May 24: Brian does Guest DJ Spot from Asbury Park on SiriusXM E Street radio   Friday May 24: Brian does Guest DJ Spot from Asbury Park on SiriusXM E Street radio Icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2013 11:57 pm

Thanks a ton...

And ahh I started listening and I'm so pumped that Brian mentioned Tracks and is playing songs from it..
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: Friday May 24: Brian does Guest DJ Spot from Asbury Park on SiriusXM E Street radio   Friday May 24: Brian does Guest DJ Spot from Asbury Park on SiriusXM E Street radio Icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 12:12 am

Thanks shorestyle! Where'd you find that picture of brian? lol
Back to top Go down
eagles1139
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
eagles1139

PostSubject: Re: Friday May 24: Brian does Guest DJ Spot from Asbury Park on SiriusXM E Street radio   Friday May 24: Brian does Guest DJ Spot from Asbury Park on SiriusXM E Street radio Icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 12:18 am

1) Bishop Danced
2) Zero and Blind Terry
3) Give the Girl a Kiss
4) Thundercrack
5) Gave it a Name
6) The Promise
7) Seven Angels
8 ) Frankie
9) Brothers Under the Bridge
10) Restless Nights
11) Trapped

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Friday May 24: Brian does Guest DJ Spot from Asbury Park on SiriusXM E Street radio   Friday May 24: Brian does Guest DJ Spot from Asbury Park on SiriusXM E Street radio Icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 12:24 am

I was at the broadcast, haha, snapped a few shots here and there.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151616538045379.1073741835.500520378&type=1&l=3119b3a9a8
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Friday May 24: Brian does Guest DJ Spot from Asbury Park on SiriusXM E Street radio   Friday May 24: Brian does Guest DJ Spot from Asbury Park on SiriusXM E Street radio Icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 1:14 am

I'm not a Rangers fan but I'm loving those glasses. Thanks for the rip and the photos!
Back to top Go down
big blue
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Friday May 24: Brian does Guest DJ Spot from Asbury Park on SiriusXM E Street radio   Friday May 24: Brian does Guest DJ Spot from Asbury Park on SiriusXM E Street radio Icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 10:33 am

He picked "gave it a name"? Really????
Back to top Go down
lol_paul_ledoux
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Friday May 24: Brian does Guest DJ Spot from Asbury Park on SiriusXM E Street radio   Friday May 24: Brian does Guest DJ Spot from Asbury Park on SiriusXM E Street radio Icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 11:46 am

i used to like Brian Fallon alot..... until I see him in Rangers gear.
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Friday May 24: Brian does Guest DJ Spot from Asbury Park on SiriusXM E Street radio   Friday May 24: Brian does Guest DJ Spot from Asbury Park on SiriusXM E Street radio Icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 12:10 pm

I enjoyed it but I find it hard to believe that Brian gets all of his Bruce influence from Tracks, especially considering the fact he explicitly said in an interview, "The first three records will change your life." But I get it, he wants to downplay the Bruce influence in his music since there's the constant comparisons to deal with.
Back to top Go down
http://roseboulevard.bandcamp.com
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: Friday May 24: Brian does Guest DJ Spot from Asbury Park on SiriusXM E Street radio   Friday May 24: Brian does Guest DJ Spot from Asbury Park on SiriusXM E Street radio Icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 3:25 pm

I don't think he cares about the comparisons or he would stayed far away from E Street Radio Wink
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Friday May 24: Brian does Guest DJ Spot from Asbury Park on SiriusXM E Street radio   Friday May 24: Brian does Guest DJ Spot from Asbury Park on SiriusXM E Street radio Icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 3:58 pm

I can see the influence in the writing style a bit from these tracks but it's interesting that these are the ones the most influenced Brian. Although if you combine these with the first 3 records as well, that makes more sense. But he's probably trying to stay away from the songs everyone knows because that makes it more interesting.

Laughing at "this is assistant manager time". I don't think the people who were there caught that joke. I thought it was clever.
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: Friday May 24: Brian does Guest DJ Spot from Asbury Park on SiriusXM E Street radio   Friday May 24: Brian does Guest DJ Spot from Asbury Park on SiriusXM E Street radio Icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 4:19 pm

The Ass't Manager thing made me laugh too. And the idea that Bruce alerts everyone to Boss Time!
Back to top Go down
eagles1139
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
eagles1139

PostSubject: Re: Friday May 24: Brian does Guest DJ Spot from Asbury Park on SiriusXM E Street radio   Friday May 24: Brian does Guest DJ Spot from Asbury Park on SiriusXM E Street radio Icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 4:42 pm

I don't think Brian's claiming that Tracks was the number 1 immediate influence on him, he's just kinda saying "Yeah everyone knows Born to Run, Thunder Road, etc." but here's some songs that impacted me that you might not know.
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Friday May 24: Brian does Guest DJ Spot from Asbury Park on SiriusXM E Street radio   Friday May 24: Brian does Guest DJ Spot from Asbury Park on SiriusXM E Street radio Icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 11:51 am

eagles1139 wrote:
I don't think Brian's claiming that Tracks was the number 1 immediate influence on him, he's just kinda saying "Yeah everyone knows Born to Run, Thunder Road, etc." but here's some songs that impacted me that you might not know.

I typed up a really long post giving examples of Brian quotes that dispute what he says on this radio broadcast but deleted it because it was too negative. Bottom line, he gives varying accounts of his level of Bruce fandom depending on the situation and (it would seem) his mood at the time. This session (and Sunday's set list/T-shirt combo) was a nice step toward being okay with the Bruce comparisons again.

Putting all that aside, I'm glad he played Restless Nights and Thundercrack, which are two of my favorite Bruce songs. And "It's Boss Time!" has got to be the best pre-guitar solo line of all time.
Back to top Go down
http://roseboulevard.bandcamp.com
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: Friday May 24: Brian does Guest DJ Spot from Asbury Park on SiriusXM E Street radio   Friday May 24: Brian does Guest DJ Spot from Asbury Park on SiriusXM E Street radio Icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 9:07 pm

not much bad to say about this one
Back to top Go down
LuceroDiehard
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
LuceroDiehard

PostSubject: Re: Friday May 24: Brian does Guest DJ Spot from Asbury Park on SiriusXM E Street radio   Friday May 24: Brian does Guest DJ Spot from Asbury Park on SiriusXM E Street radio Icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 8:24 am

DeathoftheCool wrote:
hopefully a soundcloud will pop up of this fine moment in history!

https://soundcloud.com/nobodys-darlin/brian-fallon-as-e-street-radio
Back to top Go down
http://bobbyw24.tumblr.com/archive
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Friday May 24: Brian does Guest DJ Spot from Asbury Park on SiriusXM E Street radio   Friday May 24: Brian does Guest DJ Spot from Asbury Park on SiriusXM E Street radio Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Friday May 24: Brian does Guest DJ Spot from Asbury Park on SiriusXM E Street radio
Page 1 of 1