DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Favorites of Ours Covering Gaslight..hmmm

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
AngryJohnnyN1930
A Contender
A Contender
AngryJohnnyN1930

Favorites of Ours Covering Gaslight..hmmm Empty
PostSubject: Favorites of Ours Covering Gaslight..hmmm   Favorites of Ours Covering Gaslight..hmmm Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 1:53 pm

Last night I saw Randy Newman perform at the Boulder Theater. For some reason as I was watchin the performance (which was quite good) when the idea popped in, of how I would freak if Randy started playing "We Came To Dance." It just kinda fit.

This sparked the idea of other people, other musicians covering THEM, giving our boys a bit of a break from all the excellent covers they do (I still want every one they can muster up!)

I was surprised this idea had never really crossed my mind before,
any other ideas? Cuz this is fun Very Happy

Back to top Go down
lucasgaslight59
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
lucasgaslight59

PostSubject: Re: Favorites of Ours Covering Gaslight..hmmm   Favorites of Ours Covering Gaslight..hmmm Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 11:19 pm

i would love to hear a Fake Problems cover of a gaslight song
and you know whats crazy angryjohnny, i'm from Denver, and i actually think i recognize the guy with the pony tail in your picture ha crazy!
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/profile.php?id=687768570
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: Favorites of Ours Covering Gaslight..hmmm   Favorites of Ours Covering Gaslight..hmmm Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 11:29 pm

I think I've said this before but the National need to cover WDIWWY.
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

PostSubject: Re: Favorites of Ours Covering Gaslight..hmmm   Favorites of Ours Covering Gaslight..hmmm Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 5:12 pm

simo wrote:
I think I've said this before but the National need to cover WDIWWY.

That one is too obvious. I'd rather see them work their magic on Film Noir. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorites of Ours Covering Gaslight..hmmm   Favorites of Ours Covering Gaslight..hmmm Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 6:23 pm

the National covering Film Noir would be quite wonderfull.

anyway, Im pretty sure there's a thread already about potential other bands covering TGA songs
Back to top Go down
AngryJohnnyN1930
A Contender
A Contender
AngryJohnnyN1930

PostSubject: Re: Favorites of Ours Covering Gaslight..hmmm   Favorites of Ours Covering Gaslight..hmmm Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 7:00 pm

Is there? The only one I know of is the "fans covering tga" one....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorites of Ours Covering Gaslight..hmmm   Favorites of Ours Covering Gaslight..hmmm Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 3:16 pm

i thought there was...maybe I was dreaming
Back to top Go down
Kosburn59
Wooderson
Wooderson
Kosburn59

PostSubject: Re: Favorites of Ours Covering Gaslight..hmmm   Favorites of Ours Covering Gaslight..hmmm Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 7:31 pm

Imagine Bob Dylan playing a version of "Great Expectations". That would be priceless.

WHat would be even better is if he made a Misfits cover album. I'm not sure if anything would be quite as hysterical as him doing a slow version of "Dig Up Her Bones." hahaha. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: Favorites of Ours Covering Gaslight..hmmm   Favorites of Ours Covering Gaslight..hmmm Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 7:44 pm

We have had this thread before but don't worry about it
Back to top Go down
AngryJohnnyN1930
A Contender
A Contender
AngryJohnnyN1930

PostSubject: Re: Favorites of Ours Covering Gaslight..hmmm   Favorites of Ours Covering Gaslight..hmmm Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 10:20 pm

Thanks Simo, it's all cool brotha Smile

I'm lovin these thoughts.. The National kicks ass.

Koshburn 59- dude, Dig Up Her Bones is my favorite Misfits tune, and everything else you just suggested is so... so... lovely Smile lol

What about.... Rise Against covering "I coulda Been a Contender?" (just got goosebumps)

or..

Tegan & Sara covering Here's Looking at ya kid. (I know it's talking about girls but I do not suggest this cuz they're lesbians!) That would be really boss I think
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorites of Ours Covering Gaslight..hmmm   Favorites of Ours Covering Gaslight..hmmm Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favorites of Ours Covering Gaslight..hmmm
Page 1 of 1