DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

new material coming soon??

Go down 
+11
Luca Chinaski
MyFirstSin
Christophe
IKeeptheDiner
gaslightfan89
NDTGA
Jay
JJW319
steady now steady now
DaveSavedTheDay
Bea
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

new material coming soon?? Empty
PostSubject: new material coming soon??   new material coming soon?? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 7:49 am

From the SideOneDummy twitter a few days ago:
"Listening to a new gaslight anthem 7" test press..stay tuned for more details"
http://twitter.com/side_one_dummy/status/25442847296

Brian in a recent interview:
"there was some demos that weren't ever released and somebody put them up for free and I was like, 'Hey man, I was gonna make a record of that!' (...) The trick behind that is that we were gonna release that for free in the winter".

So now let's discuss and fantasize Very Happy
are those the same project or two different things? 'cause a 7" can't be given away for free... so maybe we are looking at two different projects? like a single release (with some B-sides maybe Razz) and then some free new songs?
Back to top Go down
DaveSavedTheDay
A Contender
A Contender
DaveSavedTheDay

PostSubject: Re: new material coming soon??   new material coming soon?? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 8:12 am

Digitial free release but you can pay to have the 7" as it'll be a collector's item, maybe?
Back to top Go down
http://www.scheponik.com
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: new material coming soon??   new material coming soon?? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 8:28 am

Bea wrote:
So now let's discuss and fantasize Very Happy
are those the same project or two different things? 'cause a 7" can't be given away for free... so maybe we are looking at two different projects? like a single release (with some B-sides maybe Razz) and then some free new songs?

two different things; the 7" is obviously at test pressing stage at least, and I know that the art work for it is done as well

the Brian demo EP idea sounded like a download only

as for what's on the 7", my lips are sealed ... because I frankly haven't got a clue
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
JJW319
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
JJW319

PostSubject: Re: new material coming soon??   new material coming soon?? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 4:17 pm

Thats statement from Bri came from the 106.1 session. Awesome set too, btw.

He also has been talking on his blog about the "night time" music, as well as the tweet about what his solo would sound like like if he made one
Back to top Go down
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

PostSubject: Re: new material coming soon??   new material coming soon?? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 4:22 pm

here's what would be the coolest thing ever (though it ain't gonna happen..) :

1. 7" release of the next single with an unreleased B-side
2. new Gaslight songs in the winter (EP kinda like SatQ)
3. a Brian's album (or EP)

ah if only we were living in a perfect world... Razz
Back to top Go down
Jay
A Contender
A Contender
Jay

PostSubject: Re: new material coming soon??   new material coming soon?? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 11:20 pm

Man I'm already getting excited. I'd love if they put out another EP like Senor and the Queen. I'm really down for anything they release lol so whatever it is it'll be awesome.
Back to top Go down
NDTGA
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: new material coming soon??   new material coming soon?? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 11:35 pm

Does the 7" test press have to do with the Songs for Teenagers cover?
Back to top Go down
JJW319
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
JJW319

PostSubject: Re: new material coming soon??   new material coming soon?? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 12:10 am

NDTGA wrote:
Does the 7" test press have to do with the Songs for Teenagers cover?

I don't think so, as they just released that real quick for digital DL.

Odds are it is a single/b-side.
Back to top Go down
gaslightfan89
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: new material coming soon??   new material coming soon?? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 8:40 pm

I would be so excited for a 4-5 song EP even if its some covers. Senor and the Queen was one of the best EP's ever and some of the best Gaslight ever. Give me 4 new songs plus a cover please that would be the best Christmas gift. Either way good to see that Brian is hungry to get more material out there.

But in reality I doubt they are going to put that much new content out there so soon after a new album. (Although it would make sense if they had a song or two on top of she loves you left off of American Slang seeing as it was only 10 songs compared to their usual 12).
Back to top Go down
JJW319
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
JJW319

PostSubject: Re: new material coming soon??   new material coming soon?? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 10:17 pm

gaslightfan89 wrote:
I would be so excited for a 4-5 song EP even if its some covers. Senor and the Queen was one of the best EP's ever and some of the best Gaslight ever. Give me 4 new songs plus a cover please that would be the best Christmas gift. Either way good to see that Brian is hungry to get more material out there.

But in reality I doubt they are going to put that much new content out there so soon after a new album. (Although it would make sense if they had a song or two on top of she loves you left off of American Slang seeing as it was only 10 songs compared to their usual 12).

Yep, gotta say: the only thing even remotely close to be what is considered a slight disappointment is that there are only 10 songs...
Back to top Go down
IKeeptheDiner
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
IKeeptheDiner

PostSubject: Re: new material coming soon??   new material coming soon?? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 11:12 pm

im 75% sure its not anything we've heard. suburban home (a vinyl distro/label) "tweeted" at side one after that if it were a cover or or single. they said no, its brand new. at least what i remember, that what went down.
Back to top Go down
Christophe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Christophe

PostSubject: Re: new material coming soon??   new material coming soon?? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 1:11 pm

I think Gaslight would sound great with some kind of harmonicas worked into some new songs. As for all the Springsteen comparisons that this would attract I don't think it should matter. They've earned the right to go in whatever direction they want with their sound and I think using harmonicas will take their music to the next level.
Back to top Go down
JJW319
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
JJW319

PostSubject: Re: new material coming soon??   new material coming soon?? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 1:27 pm

Christophe wrote:
I think Gaslight would sound great with some kind of harmonicas worked into some new songs. As for all the Springsteen comparisons that this would attract I don't think it should matter. They've earned the right to go in whatever direction they want with their sound and I think using harmonicas will take their music to the next level.

Red At Night had some, it was alright.

In an acoustic song, sure, maybe a little. But I'm not sure how I'd feel if Brian broke out into full on bluegrass mode during a show or something.
Back to top Go down
Christophe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Christophe

PostSubject: Re: new material coming soon??   new material coming soon?? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 1:53 pm

Yeah Red At Night worked but some of Brian's earlier stuff like The Blues when he was in Cincinnati Rail tie would definitely suit their sound I think with a faster paced rhythm. Whatever they come up with I'm sure it won't disappoint. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

PostSubject: Re: new material coming soon??   new material coming soon?? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 2:13 pm

Christophe wrote:
Yeah Red At Night worked but some of Brian's earlier stuff like The Blues when he was in Cincinnati Rail tie would definitely suit their sound I think with a faster paced rhythm. Whatever they come up with I'm sure it won't disappoint. Very Happy

at about 3min into the video. maybe we will be hearing something like this, or maybe some "night music" or maybe something completely different, there's no way of knowing Wink
"this is far too early for me to say so if the record doesn't sound like this, kids i'm sorry"
Back to top Go down
MyFirstSin
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
MyFirstSin

PostSubject: Oh, how they grind down.   new material coming soon?? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 3:38 pm

I actually just talked to Brian about this last Sunday (10-3-10), he said that he had a side project with his friend Ian planning an album release next september (ish), but he didn't give too many details. Then he said that the new gaslight anthem (to be expected within six months of that album) will have more energy, "We're all happy with the it, but with American slang we tried to calm down a little, and with the new album we're trying to... Not calm down." He mentioned specifically that he wanted to include Piano (I know alex R plays, and something he said to me led me to believe he plays as well), but that he wanted to avoid the old pattern of piano in later albums leading to a loss of energy by really keeping the energy up with guitars. He said this should be a "fun" album, and with the interview above (hoping to write 60 in two years, expecting at least 40), i'm VERY confident that TGA isn't going to let us down.

PS, I know i can't actually verify any of this, so if you don't believe it that's cool, but please don't mob me about it.
Back to top Go down
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

PostSubject: Re: new material coming soon??   new material coming soon?? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 3:53 pm

MyFirstSin wrote:
PS, I know i can't actually verify any of this, so if you don't believe it that's cool, but please don't mob me about it.
nobody is going to mob anybody, we are all here to have some fun and share our passion for TGA. we're actually really nice people :p

and thank you so much for sharing that info! but wow september?? that's almost a whole year...... although i'm sure it will be worth the wait (i don't doubt for a sec that their next album is going to be great), i also hope we'll hear some new or at least different stuff in the months to come..
Back to top Go down
IKeeptheDiner
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
IKeeptheDiner

PostSubject: Re: new material coming soon??   new material coming soon?? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 10:57 pm

ian is a great dude. im pumped to hear this......in a year haha.
Back to top Go down
Luca Chinaski
A Contender
A Contender
Luca Chinaski

PostSubject: Re: new material coming soon??   new material coming soon?? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 2:58 am

Ian... who?
A friend of Brian?
Back to top Go down
http://www.pearljamonline.it/

PostSubject: Re: new material coming soon??   new material coming soon?? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 3:11 am

Wes C.Addle wrote:
Ian... who?
A friend of Brian?

Ian is their roadie/guitar technician who sometimes plays guitar live so Brian can walk around with a mic in his hand
Back to top Go down
Luca Chinaski
A Contender
A Contender
Luca Chinaski

PostSubject: Re: new material coming soon??   new material coming soon?? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 8:08 am

Thanks.
Possible TGA new album in early 2011?
Back to top Go down
http://www.pearljamonline.it/
J.B.R.
A Contender
A Contender
J.B.R.

PostSubject: Re: new material coming soon??   new material coming soon?? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 11:23 am

Sick!, can't wait for new material.
Back to top Go down
MyFirstSin
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
MyFirstSin

PostSubject: Re: new material coming soon??   new material coming soon?? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 9:20 pm

Wes C.Addle wrote:
Thanks.

Mehh, i wish. New brian fallon side album fall 2011, new TGA record spring 2012.
Back to top Go down
JJW319
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
JJW319

PostSubject: Re: new material coming soon??   new material coming soon?? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 10:18 pm

MyFirstSin wrote:
Wes C.Addle wrote:
Thanks.

Mehh, i wish. New brian fallon side album fall 2011, new TGA record spring 2012.

Usually around 18 months seems to be the time period

so Dec 2011?
Back to top Go down
MyFirstSin
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
MyFirstSin

PostSubject: Re: new material coming soon??   new material coming soon?? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 10:26 pm

Yea, that's what brian said.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: new material coming soon??   new material coming soon?? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

new material coming soon??
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next