DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hot Water Music (incl. members & side proj.)

Go down 
+74
bringiton_ty
sinkorswimmydear
rgillies
njguy99
33RPMHero
matkins
The Last Jukebox Romeo
Hanswurst
Emusic
StitchesOnTheRadio
DiamondSinatra
The Angry Johnny Revue
StateOfLoveAndGaslight
Jack
_rebekka_
Camus
moosicmaniac
HorribleCrowe
TGA30
nebraska
Klown
eagles1139
NeverTrustAJunkie
Phil Rockabill
joe
Jerseyrain
Harbortown
Labhras
MxBx!
plugga
mjb
riversedge
loazis
LuceroDiehard
carryon820
Gaslight23
Tiffany
ThisMachineKillsFascists
jeffrey2
Grant Michael
fullcollapse
thecosmickid
40 Miler
steady now steady now
JJW319
gp
Jaywalk
ral
Bea
colmillionaire
Prisoner
CluckyB
simo
Vibes
Asleepontheforestfloor
WWD4D?
Shipyards
nuwbuddy
steph
lynchyeatspizza
Better Sense
Tiffiny
TonyRockyHorror
Refused
ShieldYourEyes
faster_than_the_world@hot
Forum Owner
isthisreal
Henrique
laurendelore
PatientFabiWheel
JoshRaymond
kieran
Jukebox Romeo
78 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage

Hot Water Music (incl. members & side proj.) - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hot Water Music (incl. members & side proj.)   Hot Water Music (incl. members & side proj.) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2011 9:13 pm

Really Really wonderful interview with a little bit talk about TGA...kinda long but really worth watching.

Back to top Go down
JJW319
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
JJW319

PostSubject: Re: Hot Water Music (incl. members & side proj.)   Hot Water Music (incl. members & side proj.) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2011 10:43 pm

Just watched the whole thing. Awesome awesome interview. One of the most personal and honest ones Ive ever seen...
Back to top Go down
colmillionaire
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
colmillionaire

PostSubject: Re: Hot Water Music (incl. members & side proj.)   Hot Water Music (incl. members & side proj.) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 11:54 am

"Show announcements on the following dates: 3/7, 3/15, and 3/28..." from HWM's twitter. I smell tour. I would rather have a US HWM tour than a US revival tour. Maybe I'm in the minority on that one.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/Colmillionaire
JoshRaymond
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JoshRaymond

PostSubject: Re: Hot Water Music (incl. members & side proj.)   Hot Water Music (incl. members & side proj.) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 4:15 pm

Im with you on that one although I love the revival tour
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hot Water Music (incl. members & side proj.)   Hot Water Music (incl. members & side proj.) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 5:06 pm

same here, I have already been to two revival tours but have yet to see Hot Water Music so I rather have a full blown HWM tour
Back to top Go down
colmillionaire
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
colmillionaire

PostSubject: Re: Hot Water Music (incl. members & side proj.)   Hot Water Music (incl. members & side proj.) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 4:18 pm

5/22 Milwaukee - Turner
5/23 Detroit - Magic Stick

both shows with Fireworks, Make Do And Mend, and Hostage Calm

come on east coast!
Back to top Go down
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

PostSubject: Re: Hot Water Music (incl. members & side proj.)   Hot Water Music (incl. members & side proj.) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 12:32 pm

does anyone have mp3 for the Ole Diesel 7''? i can't find them anywhere...
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: Hot Water Music (incl. members & side proj.)   Hot Water Music (incl. members & side proj.) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 2:49 pm

Don't know if this was already revealed in previous interviews, but:

Quote :
It's mostly just Joe Ginsberg on the upright bass, me doing my thing and Jon Gaunt playing fiddle. We also got Rick Steff (keys, accordion) and Todd Beene from Lucero. Brian Fallon from Gaslight Anthem did some singing. And Chris [Thorn] played some mandolin and dobro. Chris Phillips, from the Squirrel Nut Zippers, came in and laid down some percussion.

http://blogs.riverfronttimes.com/atoz/2011/05/chuck_ragan_interview.php
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Hot Water Music (incl. members & side proj.)   Hot Water Music (incl. members & side proj.) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 4:06 pm

simo wrote:
http://blogs.riverfronttimes.com/atoz/2011/05/chuck_ragan_interview.php

nice; pleased to see they used my photo from Wikipedia Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: Hot Water Music (incl. members & side proj.)   Hot Water Music (incl. members & side proj.) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 4:44 pm

Nice! Wish I could have went to that show...would have it was a weekend.
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: Hot Water Music (incl. members & side proj.)   Hot Water Music (incl. members & side proj.) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 2:07 pm

Good session here:
http://www.wolfgangsvault.com/chuck-ragan/video/california-burritos_1002716.html
Back to top Go down
kieran
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
kieran

PostSubject: Re: Hot Water Music (incl. members & side proj.)   Hot Water Music (incl. members & side proj.) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2011 6:44 am

http://hotwatermusicdotcom.wordpress.com/

New stuff! and they are playing my home town (Portsmouth) again but at a new venue last time they played it was at my favourite venue now its in some shinny new venue in the middle of a shopping centre. Still its HWM so im not complaining.
Back to top Go down
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

PostSubject: Re: Hot Water Music (incl. members & side proj.)   Hot Water Music (incl. members & side proj.) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2011 8:16 am

simo wrote:
Good session here:
http://www.wolfgangsvault.com/chuck-ragan/video/california-burritos_1002716.html
and a new song! can't wait for the new album to come out
Back to top Go down
Better Sense
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Better Sense

PostSubject: Re: Hot Water Music (incl. members & side proj.)   Hot Water Music (incl. members & side proj.) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 8:02 am

kieran wrote:
http://hotwatermusicdotcom.wordpress.com/

New stuff! and they are playing my home town (Portsmouth) again but at a new venue last time they played it was at my favourite venue now its in some shinny new venue in the middle of a shopping centre. Still its HWM so im not complaining.
Rumour is that the UK support is Make Do And Mend, which would be awesome. I'm really excited to see them again, hopefully they play a few different songs than they did at the London gig last year.
Back to top Go down
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

PostSubject: Re: Hot Water Music (incl. members & side proj.)   Hot Water Music (incl. members & side proj.) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 5:43 pm

Chuck tweeted this:
http://theselvedgeyard.wordpress.com/2011/05/16/its-better-in-the-wind-the-film-toepfer-crew-show-dont-tell/
am i the only one excited about this project?
Back to top Go down
ThisMachineKillsFascists
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ThisMachineKillsFascists

PostSubject: Re: Hot Water Music (incl. members & side proj.)   Hot Water Music (incl. members & side proj.) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 8:52 am

Bea wrote:
Chuck tweeted this:
http://theselvedgeyard.wordpress.com/2011/05/16/its-better-in-the-wind-the-film-toepfer-crew-show-dont-tell/
am i the only one excited about this project?

Looks/sounds really cool. Will have to check that out.

Here's Chuck performing 'Wayfarer' with SHARKS and Dave Hause: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDggR7k3A5k&feature=player_embedded
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

PostSubject: Re: Hot Water Music (incl. members & side proj.)   Hot Water Music (incl. members & side proj.) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 5:02 pm

http://propertyofzack.com/post/6045121768/propertyofzack-interview-chuck-ragan

Quote :

How would you compare the new record to Gold Country in terms of progression and writing?
I think the songs are a little bit better put together for me. A lot of the playing on it is just stepped up a notch in a lot of ways from Gold Country. In terms of how we did Gold Country and the aesthetics of the whole style of music, it’s pretty much the same, it has just progressed. We’ve got some great friends that have joined in on it. Christopher Thorn from Blind Melon produced it and engineered, and he played some dobro and some mandolin. Joe Ginsberg and John are on it of course, and I do my thing, Brian Fallon from Gaslight sang some songs on it, Frank Turner is going to sing some on it, Chris Phillips from the Squirrel Nut Zippers did all of the percussion, and it was just something else. I don’t even know where to begin. To say the least we’re extremely excited to started getting some music out there.

Brian, Frank and Chuck on the same record? stoked.
Back to top Go down
Tiffany
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Tiffany

PostSubject: Re: Hot Water Music (incl. members & side proj.)   Hot Water Music (incl. members & side proj.) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 3:15 pm

Nice line up
Back to top Go down
Gaslight23
Wooderson
Wooderson
Gaslight23

PostSubject: Re: Hot Water Music (incl. members & side proj.)   Hot Water Music (incl. members & side proj.) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 4:33 pm

Can't wait for new Chuck, also with the added bonus of Brian and Frank it is bound to be a good record
Back to top Go down
JJW319
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
JJW319

PostSubject: Re: Hot Water Music (incl. members & side proj.)   Hot Water Music (incl. members & side proj.) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 7:59 pm

Chuck Ragan - Covering Ground

Release: September 13

http://absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=2353352

CHUCK RAGAN
RELEASES THIRD STUDIO ALBUM COVERING GROUND
ON SEPTEMBER 13th VIA SIDEONEDUMMY

If any artist has earned the right to name a record COVERING GROUND, CHUCK RAGAN is deserving of that honor, with hundreds of thousands of miles covered over nearly the last two decades. Set for release on September 13th, Covering Ground is singer/songwriter Chuck Ragan’s third full-length studio record, though he has released seemingly countless singles, 7-inches, live records, collaborative splits, and appeared on numerous compilations. Ragan will be covering ground this Fall in support of the record with tour dates to be announced shortly.

Growing up on a healthy dose of Cajun, Southern Baptist gospel, and bluegrass music, Ragan’s sound is a blend of folk, roots, and gospel, but Covering Ground is essentially a blue collar, Americana record filled with honest road songs. “The majority, if not all of these songs were either written on the road or they are about the road. There aren't any hidden meanings within the title at all. It is what it is and it depicts what I've done since the release of the last record, as well as the majority of my life,” states Chuck Ragan, who has played thousands of shows across five continents. “But the fact of the matter is, some of us have been raised to live and thrive in one place throughout our lives, while others have constantly been on the move. There's no telling which is for the better or for the worse. That all depends on the person we wish to be and the perspective we choose to view.”

Songs such as “Nomad By Fate” and “Wish On The Moon,” which sound like a soundtrack for freighthoppers traveling cross-country, reinforce the album’s title, but the lovelorn and openly honest songs “Right As Rain” and “Meet You In The Middle” exemplify the sacrifice of being a road warrior. "'Right As Rain' is an undying confession of love," admits Ragan. As the road constantly beckons Ragan, he says "The hardest thing for me to do nowadays is leave home. This song is simply about being away from my wife when we're both busted up about it and wanting nothing more than for her to sleep sound and well, knowing that no one on this earth could love her anymore than I do."

Recorded between three different tour this year, Chuck Ragan and his band, Jon Gaunt (fiddle) and Joe Ginsberg (upright bass), entered Fireside Sound Studios in Silverlake, CA with Blind Melon’s Christopher Thorn in the Spring. In keeping with the ideals of Chuck Ragan’s yearly Revival Tour, which is a collection of like-minded musicians that collaborate with each other on the road, Ragan invited new and old friends to join him on the record. The Camaraderie, as Ragan refers to it, includes Gaunt and Ginsberg, as well as Christopher Thorn (mandolin, guitar, lap steel, banjo), Rich Steff (organ, piano, accordion) and Todd Beene (pedal steel) of Lucero, Chris Phillips of Squirrel Nut Zippers (bodhran, tambourines, percussion), Frank Turner (backing vocals), Audra Mae (backing vocals), and Brian Fallon of The Gaslight Anthem (backing vocals).

Chuck Ragan has plans to tour the world continuously this year, and will unveil tour dates shortly. This year alone, Chuck has supported Social Distortion in the US, Dropkick Murphys in Canada, and headlined his own dates in North America with his Revival Tour slated to tour the UK this Fall.

Trackslisting:

1. Nothing Left to Prove
2. Nomad by Fate
3. You Get What You Give
4. Wish on the Moon
5. Come ARound
6. Seems We're OK
7. Valentine
8. Right as Rain
9. Meet You in the Middle
10. Lost and Found
Back to top Go down
Gaslight23
Wooderson
Wooderson
Gaslight23

PostSubject: Re: Hot Water Music (incl. members & side proj.)   Hot Water Music (incl. members & side proj.) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 8:15 pm

I'm looking forward to hearing this Smile
Back to top Go down
colmillionaire
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
colmillionaire

PostSubject: Re: Hot Water Music (incl. members & side proj.)   Hot Water Music (incl. members & side proj.) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 9:52 pm

http://www.amazon.com/Fire-Steel-Tread-Adds-Nothing/dp/B005964PLK/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=dmusic&qid=1310248434&sr=8-2&tag=vglnk-c9-20#mp3TrackPlayer

new HWM ep. listen to the samples, sounds more like a Chuck Ragan record to me. Still excited to hear the whole thing.
Back to top Go down
carryon820
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Hot Water Music (incl. members & side proj.)   Hot Water Music (incl. members & side proj.) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2011 3:34 am

I'm so damn excited for Chuck's new solo release! It's one of the albums that I've been anticipating most this year! The only thing that I'm slightly disappointed about is coming to find out that the album's track list does not include the "new song" "Open the Roads", which is weird because it appears to be a "road song" as well, fitting in perfect with the other tracks on this album that represent the life on the road theme.......not to mention it's a kick ass song and should be included anyway! Does anyone have any "inside info." about why this song was not chosen for the album? Hopefully, it will be a bonus track or put out on a 7in or something. For those who have not yet heard it, there's a live version of the song (featuring Audra Mae) on youtube.

I'm also awaiting the HWM EP as well, especially after hearing the clips, which surprisingly really got me interested, as the two songs didn't really remind me of what I would consider a "traditional" HWM sound, which is a good thing from my personal perspective. For as long as I've been listening to the many different branches of the punk rock genre, for whatever reason, I've completely missed the boat on bands like HWM, Alkaline Trio, Lawrence Arms, etc. So for me, I'm excited about a slight change in sound, which is what I thought I heard on those two clips, but they are only samples so it's difficult to make any solid judgements.

Back to top Go down
LuceroDiehard
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
LuceroDiehard

PostSubject: Re: Hot Water Music (incl. members & side proj.)   Hot Water Music (incl. members & side proj.) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2011 10:42 am

Chuck Ragan to release third solo album

Recorded between three different tour this year, Chuck Ragan and his band, Jon Gaunt ( fiddle ) and Joe Ginsberg ( upright bass ), entered Fireside Sound Studios in Silverlake, CA with Blind Melon ’s Christopher Thorn in the Spring. In keeping with the ideals of Chuck Ragan’s yearly Revival Tour , which is a collection of like-minded musicians that collaborate with each other on the road, Ragan invited new and old friends to join him on the record. The Camaraderie , as Ragan refers to it, includes Gaunt and Ginsberg, as well as Christopher Thorn ( mandolin, guitar, lap steel, banjo ), Rich Steff ( organ, piano, accordion ) and Todd Beene ( pedal steel ) of Lucero , Chris Phillips of Squirrel Nut Zippers ( bodhran, tambourines, percussion ), Frank Turner ( backing vocals ), Audra Mae ( backing vocals ), and Brian Fallon of The Gaslight Anthem ( backing vocals ).

http://www.musicvice.com/news/chuck-ragan-to-release-third-solo-album-120711
Back to top Go down
http://bobbyw24.tumblr.com/archive

PostSubject: Re: Hot Water Music (incl. members & side proj.)   Hot Water Music (incl. members & side proj.) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 5:06 pm

New Chuck Ragan song available on his website www.chuckraganmusic.com

also pre-orders are up at S1D...nice package with a mini harp: http://store.sideonedummy.com
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hot Water Music (incl. members & side proj.)   Hot Water Music (incl. members & side proj.) - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hot Water Music (incl. members & side proj.)
Page 7 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 16  Next