DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Greetings from Norway

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Scrabs
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

Greetings from Norway Empty
PostSubject: Greetings from Norway   Greetings from Norway Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 10:07 am

Heya, you can call me Scrabs for the moment. I'm an 18 year old man/boy from Oslo, Norway (you know, the rich country next to IKEA). I've been having fun at the Rise Against fan forum for some time, and I figured I'd find some other place to discuss great music. I first discovered TGA by randomly surfing songs on youtube, when i came across The '59 Sound, and I became hooked. For the moment, I own all their full length albums, and an SoS-era T-Shirt.

I have yet to see them live, i had a chance at the Oyafestival in Oslo, but they were pretty much the only band worth seeing that day (tix cost and arm and a leg, not worth it), however, they're doing a show in late October, which I might attend. Among my favorite songs of theirs, are Backseats, '59 Sound and Blue Jeans. One of the main reasons I like them, is because unlike way to many musicians, these guys make music with soul, songs that actually mean something to them.

Last edited by Scrabs on Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Reinvent good times
A Contender
A Contender
Reinvent good times

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Norway   Greetings from Norway Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 10:36 am

Quote :
One of the main reasons I like them, is because unlike way to many musicians, these guys make music with soul, songs that actually mean something to them.

Scrabs--that's the very reason I'm obsessed with them.

By the way, LOVE rise against too. Which is your fave RA cd? I'm with sufferer and witness.
Back to top Go down
Scrabs
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Norway   Greetings from Norway Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 11:41 am

The Sufferer and the Witness is a great CD, though you can find their best songs on Siren Song of the Counter Culture in my opinion. Though everything below Appeal to Reason is good Razz
Back to top Go down
drifter69
Wooderson
Wooderson
drifter69

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Norway   Greetings from Norway Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 2:12 pm

welcome man
Back to top Go down
http://www.mafiamusic.proboards99.com
Perry
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Norway   Greetings from Norway Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 7:48 pm

Welcome Scrabs, nice to see more Norwegians here! Göteborg 29th of October Go!
Back to top Go down
Scrabs
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Norway   Greetings from Norway Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 2:34 am

or Oslo, Centrum Scene 30th October, you go! Smile
Back to top Go down
Perry
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Norway   Greetings from Norway Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 4:37 am

Oh! When did they announce this?!
I've been bummed about them only going to sweden, even told Brian at Øya, and then they come to Oslo! Booking my ticket later today!
Back to top Go down
loazis
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
loazis

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Norway   Greetings from Norway Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 6:16 am

Welcome, Rise Against is great!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Norway   Greetings from Norway Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 3:44 pm

hey buddy, nice to finally meet someone from norge around here, my sisters boyfriend is from oslo too and ill be going there real soon

youll sure have lotta fun at your first tga-concert and have fun staying around here
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Norway   Greetings from Norway Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Greetings from Norway
Page 1 of 1