DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What song(s) would you like to see TGA cover?

Go down 
+94
lol_paul_ledoux
GuitarMike
ral
rumham
jonester
THE-MIST-OF-THE-COOL
thebiglebowski
Andy_
guitarguy121
StitchesOnTheRadio
Hanswurst
Klown
redheadchick
snick
njguy99
brucesboots
LaGuitarLady
HorribleCrowe
'49mercury
Danieljsmith
Camus
Clementine
The Major
Red_Heels
DeathoftheCool
mirrorenigma
Rob Himself
Keeb631
AmSlang59
J_Bizness
TheBoss
The M
Prisoner
Debonair
Harbortown
luckysparks
I am Incinerator
xxxje
StopAndSlideToTheRight
nebraska
loazis
IrishNameAndAnInjury
Gaslight23
WhoCares
Nollaf 59
Mechamunky
Bea
plugga
riversedge
AudreyHepburnPearls
The Angry Johnny Revue
Christophe
Grant Michael
joshyboytyler
RockNRollOut
CASANOVA, BILLY!
AngryJohnnyN1930
BuddyHolly
Templeton
RobertODonnell
oh_megan
lucasgaslight59
steph
Jack
IAmDisappeared
media
Crockin
Ghost To Coast
Silver
Philo
IFeelBlue
ThisMachineKillsFascists
theBasemen
JimmyB
KappaV
DaveSavedTheDay
JJW319
gp
Regarded
lynchyeatspizza
simo
Holland
carryon820
OutOfStep
amberfoyd
CluckyB
TGAFAN25
Reinvent good times
Jay
clashcityrocker
drifter69
eZc
enola
Casey
98 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Casey
A Contender
A Contender
Casey

What song(s) would you like to see TGA cover? Empty
PostSubject: What song(s) would you like to see TGA cover?   What song(s) would you like to see TGA cover? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 11:48 pm

My pick would be Real Good Looking Boy by the Who. They've already covered Baba O'Riley, but I think Brian would nail the vocals of this song so well. The only issue would be the piano, but that can be improvised somehow. If not, Brian and Alex could do something like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iT1NZK1cazw

Let's try and be realistic on songs they would actually want to cover though Wink
Edit: disregard that last sentence, Brian found a way to make a Kelly Clarkson song sound awesome so I guess any genre is open for discussion.

Last edited by Casey on Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:26 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: What song(s) would you like to see TGA cover?   What song(s) would you like to see TGA cover? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 9:53 am

I would like to see them cover The Clash (Train in Vain or Guns of Brixton) or The Sex Pistols. Guess that would work quite well. But really interesting would be something totally different, like a pop song ;o)

Last edited by enola on Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74

PostSubject: Re: What song(s) would you like to see TGA cover?   What song(s) would you like to see TGA cover? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 11:27 am

I'd like to hear more Tom Waits covers or even an Afghan Whigs or Twilight Singers cover (since he mentioned Greg Dulli in a recent interview, and I do love me some Dulli tunes)
Back to top Go down
eZc
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: What song(s) would you like to see TGA cover?   What song(s) would you like to see TGA cover? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 1:56 pm

i like when they let some soul music influence shine through - would love a full version of What becomes of the brokenhearted; or any one of those tunes that brian will throw out a verse or 2 of (pretty much the reason I'll listen to a live bootleg - to see new spin he might put on something) - why not stretch it out into a legit medley and do the full song
Back to top Go down
drifter69
Wooderson
Wooderson
drifter69

PostSubject: Re: What song(s) would you like to see TGA cover?   What song(s) would you like to see TGA cover? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 2:38 pm

Bob Seger - Hollywood Nights
Back to top Go down
http://www.mafiamusic.proboards99.com
clashcityrocker
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
clashcityrocker

PostSubject: Re: What song(s) would you like to see TGA cover?   What song(s) would you like to see TGA cover? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 12:48 am

Brian seems to really love Give 'em Enough rope so I think it would be awesome to here something off of that album. Last Gang or Town or Stay Free maybe.

I'm sure they're tired of Springsteen covers but I can't help thinking how awesome a full band punked up version of "Open All Night" would sound.
Back to top Go down
Jay
A Contender
A Contender
Jay

PostSubject: Re: What song(s) would you like to see TGA cover?   What song(s) would you like to see TGA cover? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 10:26 am

I know it's weird to say it, but I think they could pull off a cool version of The Goo Goo Dolls song "Slide." But that's just me.
Back to top Go down
Reinvent good times
A Contender
A Contender
Reinvent good times

PostSubject: Re: What song(s) would you like to see TGA cover?   What song(s) would you like to see TGA cover? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 12:21 pm

blugel wrote:
I'd like to hear more Tom Waits covers or even an Afghan Whigs or Twilight Singers cover (since he mentioned Greg Dulli in a recent interview, and I do love me some Dulli tunes)

Blugel--Agree 100%. Whigs and Twilight Singers one of all-time fave bands...How bout Crime Scene part II from Black Love!
Back to top Go down
TGAFAN25
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
TGAFAN25

PostSubject: Re: What song(s) would you like to see TGA cover?   What song(s) would you like to see TGA cover? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 3:13 pm

I'd love to hear them cover Goo Goo Dolls "Slide" as well.... Or even some old school Goo Goo Dolls back when that band had a nut sack.
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

PostSubject: Re: What song(s) would you like to see TGA cover?   What song(s) would you like to see TGA cover? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 8:21 pm

I'm still hoping they do Layla someday, though I think all the guys might revere that song too much. (also not sure how they'd do the piano part)

A song that I think they have a better chance at doing that would also be awesome is The Replacement's Alex Chilton. Such a great tune, and sounds like the kind of thing they might play.

"Slide" certainly wouldn't have come to mind as a good song for them to cover, but now that you mention it I also thing it might work really well.

Back to top Go down
clashcityrocker
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
clashcityrocker

PostSubject: Re: What song(s) would you like to see TGA cover?   What song(s) would you like to see TGA cover? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 17, 2010 12:00 am

Barry White
Back to top Go down
Jay
A Contender
A Contender
Jay

PostSubject: Re: What song(s) would you like to see TGA cover?   What song(s) would you like to see TGA cover? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 17, 2010 4:48 pm

rkirkpatrick25 wrote:
I'd love to hear them cover Goo Goo Dolls "Slide" as well.... Or even some old school Goo Goo Dolls back when that band had a nut sack.

Yeah I tried to ask Brian about it when he was doing his faq on his blog but he ignored it lol so I don't think that'll ever happen.
Back to top Go down
amberfoyd
A Contender
A Contender
amberfoyd

PostSubject: Re: What song(s) would you like to see TGA cover?   What song(s) would you like to see TGA cover? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 17, 2010 5:00 pm

hmm i am not sure put preferably something older, nothing similar to now a days.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twiter.com/amberfoyd
OutOfStep
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
OutOfStep

PostSubject: Re: What song(s) would you like to see TGA cover?   What song(s) would you like to see TGA cover? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 18, 2010 11:44 pm

Jay wrote:
I know it's weird to say it, but I think they could pull off a cool version of The Goo Goo Dolls song "Slide." But that's just me.

Not weird at all; I think they could pull off a lot of Goo Goo Dolls material. Johnny Rzeznik has a vocal style that I think Brian could do well imitating on a cover. I'd also throw in "Ain't That Unusual" or "Black Balloon."
Back to top Go down
http://deadformat.net/tradelist/chrisjhatfield1983
carryon820
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: What song(s) would you like to see TGA cover?   What song(s) would you like to see TGA cover? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 19, 2010 12:31 am

There are many songs that I would like TGA to cover, but there are two tracks off of Fake Problems' new album (Real Ghosts Caught on Tape) that I could see TGA covering very well......."The Magazines" and "Ghost to Coast". In fact, when recently listening to the new FP album for the very first time, as soon as I heard those two tracks, I was immediately reminded of TGA and thought about them coverering the songs. I'm sure it will never happen, but damn I would love to see/hear it!
Back to top Go down
Holland
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Holland

PostSubject: Re: What song(s) would you like to see TGA cover?   What song(s) would you like to see TGA cover? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 19, 2010 8:05 am

Bastards of young by Replacements or Better man by Pearl Jam.
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: What song(s) would you like to see TGA cover?   What song(s) would you like to see TGA cover? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 19, 2010 11:11 pm

carryon820 wrote:
There are many songs that I would like TGA to cover, but there are two tracks off of Fake Problems' new album (Real Ghosts Caught on Tape) that I could see TGA covering very well......."The Magazines" and "Ghost to Coast". In fact, when recently listening to the new FP album for the very first time, as soon as I heard those two tracks, I was immediately reminded of TGA and thought about them coverering the songs. I'm sure it will never happen, but damn I would love to see/hear it!

Just saw this on the FP twitter page:
"So, I just heard @briangaslight 's cover of "songs for teenagers" and it is awesome. Get ready world."
Back to top Go down
Casey
A Contender
A Contender
Casey

PostSubject: Re: What song(s) would you like to see TGA cover?   What song(s) would you like to see TGA cover? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 12:55 am

enola wrote:
I would like to see them cover The Clash (Train in Vain or Guns of Brixton) or The Sex Pistols. Guess that would work quite well. But really interesting would be something totally different, like a pop song ;o)

Couldn't agree more, and I loved Brian's acoustic cover of Lost in the Supermarket.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What song(s) would you like to see TGA cover?   What song(s) would you like to see TGA cover? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 7:10 am

difficult one this, how about something by The Animals?
Back to top Go down
lynchyeatspizza
Wooderson
Wooderson
lynchyeatspizza

PostSubject: Re: What song(s) would you like to see TGA cover?   What song(s) would you like to see TGA cover? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 7:12 am

A nice cover. Walk On The Wild Side & Sweet Jane https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OK9Z9EfxZNs
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/lynchy911
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: What song(s) would you like to see TGA cover?   What song(s) would you like to see TGA cover? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 10:31 am

Nice, and Brian's rocking the Tele too!
Back to top Go down
Regarded
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: What song(s) would you like to see TGA cover?   What song(s) would you like to see TGA cover? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 1:47 pm

Pearl Jam! Wishlist or something from Ten
Back to top Go down
gp
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
gp

PostSubject: Re: What song(s) would you like to see TGA cover?   What song(s) would you like to see TGA cover? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 1:31 am

Don't Fear The Reaper - Blue Oyster Cult
Jesse - Paw
S.R.O. - Avail
Exit Wounds - Tim Barry
Back to top Go down
JJW319
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
JJW319

PostSubject: Re: What song(s) would you like to see TGA cover?   What song(s) would you like to see TGA cover? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 4:40 pm

Would love to hear Brian do Just Breathe by Pearl Jam...

Or even a band cover, with a similar sound to Blue Jeans or Here's Looking At Ya Kid...
Back to top Go down
DaveSavedTheDay
A Contender
A Contender
DaveSavedTheDay

PostSubject: Re: What song(s) would you like to see TGA cover?   What song(s) would you like to see TGA cover? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 6:32 pm

I'd love to hear Nobody Knows You When You're Down And Out. Clapton version would be a-okay.
Back to top Go down
http://www.scheponik.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What song(s) would you like to see TGA cover?   What song(s) would you like to see TGA cover? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What song(s) would you like to see TGA cover?
Page 1 of 12Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next