DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Another Gaslight addict...

Go down 
+3
Daire
steph
GaslightCeltic
7 posters
AuthorMessage
GaslightCeltic
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

Another Gaslight addict... Empty
PostSubject: Another Gaslight addict...   Another Gaslight addict... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 9:38 pm

Alright guys. I've signed up to a few internet forums before but I've never seen an "Introduce Yourself" section...makes me feel very at home!
I'm from Glasgow in Scotland and I started listening to The Gaslight Anthem just over a year ago. The '59 Sound soon became my favourite album and AS couldn't have been released soon enough for me. I've seen them twice live, once at T in the Park and once at the Academy in Glasgow, and I got to meet Brian outside the gig in Glasgow which pretty much made my year to be honest. Probably the coolest guy I've ever met.
One of my favourite aspects about Gaslight, and Brian in particular, is how they see their music as an advertisement for other music and so openly quote lines from people that have influenced them. I desperately want to listen to and learn about all the music that has influeced Brian and TGA but I'm only 17 and there's just so much that I have no idea where to start (I also don't have unlimited funds). I own plenty of Bruce records and other stuff but it's just frustrating to know that there's so much I'm missing out on. So, hopefully by joining this forum I'll learn more about the band and hopefully get plenty of advice on what music to listen to from those older and wiser than me!
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: Another Gaslight addict...   Another Gaslight addict... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 9:48 pm

welcome to our little forum...

you sound so panicked that youre only 17! enjoy it while it lasts. if you want some good music suggestions, there's a whole section of mixtapes people have posted, with some pretty good songs, that and checking out all the bands Gaslight has referenced in their music and interviews will definitely get you going.
Back to top Go down
Daire
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Daire

PostSubject: Re: Another Gaslight addict...   Another Gaslight addict... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 10:02 pm

Wellcome to the site. Nice to have you here. Smile
Back to top Go down
Little Eden
Wooderson
Wooderson
Little Eden

PostSubject: Re: Another Gaslight addict...   Another Gaslight addict... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 10:06 pm

Welcome!
You will find that this forum is very inviting and familylike. There are plenty of threads that relate to any interest you may have. I too love the education process that occurs when you listen to a TGA record. And don't worry, you have plenty of time to listen to their inspirations! Try doing a music exchange with friends or youtubing stuff. Once again, welcome!!!
Back to top Go down
Daire
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Daire

PostSubject: Re: Another Gaslight addict...   Another Gaslight addict... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 10:08 pm

although, pity about your choice of team eh?
Back to top Go down
GaslightCeltic
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Another Gaslight addict...   Another Gaslight addict... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 10:21 pm

[quote="Daire"]although, pity about your choice of team eh?[/quote]

Oh, I didn't think there would be any of YOU on here. My choice of team may seem a pity at the moment, but we'll see, we'll see. Tiocfaidh ár lá.
Back to top Go down
Daire
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Daire

PostSubject: Re: Another Gaslight addict...   Another Gaslight addict... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 10:40 pm

GaslightCeltic wrote:
Daire wrote:

Oh, I didn't think there would be any of YOU on here. My choice of team may seem a pity at the moment, but we'll see, we'll see. Tiocfaidh ár lá.

Oh, I don't support Rangers or anything. Just don't like Celtic really Another Gaslight addict... Icon_razz

Yoou like TGA though, so you can't be all bad Wink
Back to top Go down
drifter69
Wooderson
Wooderson
drifter69

PostSubject: Re: Another Gaslight addict...   Another Gaslight addict... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 8:52 am

welcome to the forum Bhoy
Back to top Go down
http://www.mafiamusic.proboards99.com
PFREEZY
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: Another Gaslight addict...   Another Gaslight addict... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 11:27 am

Starting young, nice.
Back to top Go down
http://freezy.tumblr.com

PostSubject: Re: Another Gaslight addict...   Another Gaslight addict... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 1:18 pm

welcome dude
Back to top Go down
Ryan
A Contender
A Contender
Ryan

PostSubject: Re: Another Gaslight addict...   Another Gaslight addict... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 2:45 pm

GaslightCeltic wrote:
Daire wrote:

Hmm you could class me as one of THEM. Suppose coming from Norn Iron that's considered the norm! Nice to see more Gaslight fans around my age though, there aren't too many under the age of 20 on here anyway. Hopefully we can all help you in your search for good music, you've made a good start with TGA!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another Gaslight addict...   Another Gaslight addict... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Another Gaslight addict...
Page 1 of 1