DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Gaslight Anthem on Jimmy Fallon 6/16

Go down 
+28
benalgeroy
Luca Chinaski
Clementine
Jeff
lynchyeatspizza
randomhero78
Tobi
redinthemorning
andy.mac
Angry Johnny
talley
Jack
NDTGA
verbos
Grant Michael
steffuhnee
steady now steady now
Vibes
Reinvent good times
Johnny99
colmillionaire
steph
IKeeptheDiner
ral
Novella
ksupilot
simo
CluckyB
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
ral
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ral

Gaslight Anthem on Jimmy Fallon 6/16 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem on Jimmy Fallon 6/16   Gaslight Anthem on Jimmy Fallon 6/16 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 10:48 am

I recorded the OTA broadcast. I'll get something up once I get a chance to edit/convert it to something more manageable. It's 1080i and probably 400mb now.
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem on Jimmy Fallon 6/16   Gaslight Anthem on Jimmy Fallon 6/16 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 10:55 am

I just watched in HD from my DVR. Boxer performance was really good. Watched "State of Love and Trust" online and not really a fan...but I don't like Pearl Jam either.
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem on Jimmy Fallon 6/16   Gaslight Anthem on Jimmy Fallon 6/16 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 12:34 pm

Saw SOLAT. Heard 'em do it before, and still not big on it. Not a huge Pearl Jam fan, either.
Back to top Go down
http://roseboulevard.bandcamp.com
Clementine
A Contender
A Contender
Clementine

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem on Jimmy Fallon 6/16   Gaslight Anthem on Jimmy Fallon 6/16 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 1:16 pm

SOlAT...thought it was a good performance - I think there's a youtube video of thattcover in Germany (?) - that performance of it was amazing
Overall -always happy to see the coverage of GA in any venue - but this seemed a bit cheesy and uncomfortable. Nervous maybe?
But as I was watching - I kept thinking....SNL next season?
Back to top Go down
Luca Chinaski
A Contender
A Contender
Luca Chinaski

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem on Jimmy Fallon 6/16   Gaslight Anthem on Jimmy Fallon 6/16 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 2:29 pm

State Of Love And Trust is absolutely awesome. Thanks, TGA.

P.s. Boxer vid? Anyone?
Back to top Go down
http://www.pearljamonline.it/
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem on Jimmy Fallon 6/16   Gaslight Anthem on Jimmy Fallon 6/16 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 2:43 pm

Full episode is up now.

http://www.latenightwithjimmyfallon.com/video/wednesday-june-16-2010/1234545/

Just skip to the end.

Either NBC online feed is out of sync or they dubbed it over because the vocals were clearly out of sync.
Back to top Go down
benalgeroy
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
benalgeroy

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem on Jimmy Fallon 6/16   Gaslight Anthem on Jimmy Fallon 6/16 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 4:23 pm

Awesome performance! especially loved the pointing and Brian doing the "Tough just like your father" motion. Now I cant really make out the new screen on the bass drum, anyone know who it is?
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem on Jimmy Fallon 6/16   Gaslight Anthem on Jimmy Fallon 6/16 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 4:33 pm

benalgeroy wrote:
Awesome performance! especially loved the pointing and Brian doing the "Tough just like your father" motion. Now I cant really make out the new screen on the bass drum, anyone know who it is?

LOL; I asked this just before you did (in a separate thread, incl. pic)

https://thegaslightanthem.forumotion.com/discussion-about-the-band-f1/the-guy-on-benny-s-drum-t2137.htm
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
Luca Chinaski
A Contender
A Contender
Luca Chinaski

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem on Jimmy Fallon 6/16   Gaslight Anthem on Jimmy Fallon 6/16 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 4:53 pm

lynchyeatspizza wrote:
http://www.latenightwithjimmyfallon.com/blogs/2010/06/web-exclusive-the-gaslight-anthem-covers-pearl-jams-state-of-love-and-trust/
HELL YEAH!

Video rip?
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem on Jimmy Fallon 6/16   Gaslight Anthem on Jimmy Fallon 6/16 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 4:58 pm

intothewild wrote:
lynchyeatspizza wrote:
http://www.latenightwithjimmyfallon.com/blogs/2010/06/web-exclusive-the-gaslight-anthem-covers-pearl-jams-state-of-love-and-trust/
HELL YEAH!

Video rip?

video at https://thegaslightanthem.forumotion.com/video-f5/boxer-on-late-night-with-jimmy-fallon-t2135.htm
Back to top Go down
Luca Chinaski
A Contender
A Contender
Luca Chinaski

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem on Jimmy Fallon 6/16   Gaslight Anthem on Jimmy Fallon 6/16 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 5:06 pm

Sorry.
I refeer to SOLAT video Smile
Back to top Go down
bringiton
Wooderson
Wooderson
bringiton

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem on Jimmy Fallon 6/16   Gaslight Anthem on Jimmy Fallon 6/16 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 5:34 pm

The whole crowd set up looks so fake. Actually laughed out loud at the guy doing the air drums, so funny. Really want to see Boxer.
Back to top Go down
benalgeroy
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
benalgeroy

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem on Jimmy Fallon 6/16   Gaslight Anthem on Jimmy Fallon 6/16 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 5:46 pm

steady now steady now wrote:
benalgeroy wrote:

LOL; I asked this just before you did (in a separate thread, incl. pic)

https://thegaslightanthem.forumotion.com/discussion-about-the-band-f1/the-guy-on-benny-s-drum-t2137.htm

Haha woops! sorry about that.
Back to top Go down
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem on Jimmy Fallon 6/16   Gaslight Anthem on Jimmy Fallon 6/16 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 11:48 pm

I didn't know The Big Show was a guest last night... I knew 2/3rds of the guests!

Gaslight Anthem on Jimmy Fallon 6/16 - Page 3 Big_sh10
Back to top Go down
DaveSavedTheDay
A Contender
A Contender
DaveSavedTheDay

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem on Jimmy Fallon 6/16   Gaslight Anthem on Jimmy Fallon 6/16 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 12:04 am

Do want Big Show with TGA. I'm a wrestling fan, so that'd rule lmao.
Back to top Go down
http://www.scheponik.com
Jeff
A Contender
A Contender
Jeff

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem on Jimmy Fallon 6/16   Gaslight Anthem on Jimmy Fallon 6/16 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 7:40 am

bringiton wrote:
The whole crowd set up looks so fake. Actually laughed out loud at the guy doing the air drums, so funny. Really want to see Boxer.

Obviously that guy looked a little ridiculous, but if you ask me, the thing with the crowd made it feel a little more like a live show as opposed to a TV performance so I guess it's up to the individual if that's good or not.
Back to top Go down
bringiton
Wooderson
Wooderson
bringiton

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem on Jimmy Fallon 6/16   Gaslight Anthem on Jimmy Fallon 6/16 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 8:09 am

I guess so, but it just looked like most of them had been paid or something to be there. All just seemed a bit awkward.
Back to top Go down
Jeff
A Contender
A Contender
Jeff

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem on Jimmy Fallon 6/16   Gaslight Anthem on Jimmy Fallon 6/16 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 9:18 am

I liked it a lot when the Drive-By Truckers played on Late Night and they had that same set-up because it felt kind of like a big party. I agree didn't work as well with this performance, though.
Back to top Go down
Johnny99
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem on Jimmy Fallon 6/16   Gaslight Anthem on Jimmy Fallon 6/16 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 2:13 pm

it was weird.
before the show, the NBC people came up to anyone who was going to be back there and gave this schpeal...
basically they were like, we want you to dance, have fun go crazy.
To myself i am thinking, oh man this is going to be weird. they told everyone to ham it up.
but i dont dance like a teenage girl, i stomp my feet, swing my arms, and sing along.
this would have been 150 times cooler if they let the band get together the people to have in the spots.
but regardless, i still had a good time because it was a cool experience and hey, i got to see TGA play a few more songs again. But, tell a bunch of girls (many to most of which are not familiar with TGA) to dance like crazy and ham it up... this is what you get.
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem on Jimmy Fallon 6/16   Gaslight Anthem on Jimmy Fallon 6/16 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 2:33 pm

Johnny99 wrote:
it was weird.
before the show, the NBC people came up to anyone who was going to be back there and gave this schpeal...
To myself i am thinking, oh man this is going to be weird. they told everyone to ham it up.
but i dont dance like a teenage girl, i stomp my feet, swing my arms, and sing along.
this would have been 150 times cooler if they let the band get together the people to have in the spots.
but regardless, i still had a good time because it was a cool experience and hey, i got to see TGA play a few more songs again. But, tell a bunch of girls (many to most of which are not familiar with TGA) to dance like crazy and ham it up... this is what you get.

it's about what I suspected; at least the guys in the TGA shirts must have been genuine fans then (I had feared NBC even handed out TGA shirts)

did you at least get to talk to the band?
Back to top Go down
Johnny99
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem on Jimmy Fallon 6/16   Gaslight Anthem on Jimmy Fallon 6/16 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 3:02 pm

steady now steady now wrote:
Johnny99 wrote:
it was weird.

it's about what I suspected; at least the guys in the TGA shirts must have been genuine fans then (I had feared NBC even handed out TGA shirts)

did you at least get to talk to the band?

yeah those dudes and another girl i saw had tga shirts on.
haha, but i go with the classic rule. never wear the bands shirt to that bands performance.
i didn't see many people talking to the band. but benny was shooting the shit with kids while they were waiting to play, as he was only like two feet away.
but i was walking by alex and alex and just said hey to them and told them how awesome irving plaza the night before was.
they said thanks a lot and i went on my way.
Back to top Go down
IKeeptheDiner
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
IKeeptheDiner

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem on Jimmy Fallon 6/16   Gaslight Anthem on Jimmy Fallon 6/16 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 7:43 pm

they did more the solat and boxer?
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem on Jimmy Fallon 6/16   Gaslight Anthem on Jimmy Fallon 6/16 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 5:44 am

Jlblue wrote:
bringiton wrote:

Obviously that guy looked a little ridiculous, but if you ask me, the thing with the crowd made it feel a little more like a live show as opposed to a TV performance so I guess it's up to the individual if that's good or not.

totally, that's what a live show looks like! haha. im just joking, but yeah it was kinda lame IMHOOO
Back to top Go down
azlisa
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
azlisa

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem on Jimmy Fallon 6/16   Gaslight Anthem on Jimmy Fallon 6/16 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 4:36 pm

of course since NBC hates youtube and the NBC site doesn't log back videos, does anyone have this performance anywhere so I can watch it? It's been so long since I watched it live on TV! sad face!
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/azlisa
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem on Jimmy Fallon 6/16   Gaslight Anthem on Jimmy Fallon 6/16 - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gaslight Anthem on Jimmy Fallon 6/16
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3