DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Predicitions on Chart Success?

Go down 
+11
PFREEZY
Daire
bringiton
sidekicksuicide
steady now steady now
TGAFAN25
ral
CluckyB
colmillionaire
IKeeptheDiner
andy.mac
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
andy.mac
Wooderson
Wooderson
andy.mac

Predicitions on Chart Success? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Predicitions on Chart Success?   Predicitions on Chart Success? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 2:29 am

you can't buy anything but the american slang single from the Australian iTunes.

says it's coming out 18th of June.
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Predicitions on Chart Success?   Predicitions on Chart Success? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 7:17 pm

from http://www.nme.com/news/dizzee-rascal/51539

NME (UK)

16 June 2010 [mid-week update]

On the album chart, Oasis are on top with their 'Time Flies… 1994-2009' compilation, while The Gaslight Anthem make a strong debut at Number Three with 'American Slang'.

The album chart looks like this:

1. 'Time Flies… 1994-2009' – Oasis
2. 'Glee The Music – Journey To Regionals' – Glee Cast
3. 'American Slang' – The Gaslight Anthem
4. 'Intruder' – Crowded House
5. 'Thank Me Later' – Drake

Last edited by steady now steady now on Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

PostSubject: Re: Predicitions on Chart Success?   Predicitions on Chart Success? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 8:26 pm

How do they have chart data for the full week yet? Or is that just predictions based off current sales?

I see. It appears to be based off current sales. So they might drop (as unfortunately their rabid fanbase means lots of first day sales and not as many later). But they still have probably scored a top 10 hit in the uk. Well done Predicitions on Chart Success? - Page 2 Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Predicitions on Chart Success?   Predicitions on Chart Success? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 4:53 am

CluckyB wrote:
How do they have chart data for the full week yet? Or is that just predictions based off current sales?

I see. It appears to be based off current sales. So they might drop (as unfortunately their rabid fanbase means lots of first day sales and not as many later). But they still have probably scored a top 10 hit in the uk. Well done Predicitions on Chart Success? - Page 2 Icon_biggrin

yes, I've edited my post to add that this is a mid-week update only
Back to top Go down
Reinvent good times
A Contender
A Contender
Reinvent good times

PostSubject: Re: Predicitions on Chart Success?   Predicitions on Chart Success? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 12:02 pm

Anyone else see this? Cut and pasted from website, Hitsdailydouble, talks about predicted first weeks sales of TGA and others: ----------

Side One Dummy’s Americana
rockers
The Gaslight
Anthem look to be in the 20-25k range.

http://www.hitsdailydouble.com/news/newsPage.cgi?news08104m01
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

PostSubject: Re: Predicitions on Chart Success?   Predicitions on Chart Success? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 3:20 pm

Not bad. With carry overs like Johnson and Agulera plus the four newcomers in front of them, they don't have much hope for top 10 with those kinds of numbers, but hopefully they can do top 20 US and keep the top 5 UK.

/me admits the UK as a whole has better music taste than the US =P
Back to top Go down
carryon820
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Predicitions on Chart Success?   Predicitions on Chart Success? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 5:25 am

I don't usually follow charts. However, for anyone who does, maybe you can help answer a couple of questions.

First, I know it's still early, but how do you guys think the TGA currently feel about the release of their album, specifically relating to album sales only? Are they completely satisfied with the way the album is selling, are the sales just average and they simply feel okay about it, are album sales down and significantly lower than what they expected, or is it quite the opposite where the album is exceeding thier expectations and obtaining more sales than they anticipated (kind of like "The 59 Sound")? Which one seems most likely to describe TGA's current level of satisfaction with album sales?

Now secondly, I personally believe that AS is a better album than Against Me!'s "White Crosses", but which album is doing better in terms of sales, generally speaking?

I appreciate anyone's thoughts on these two questions.
Back to top Go down
andy.mac
Wooderson
Wooderson
andy.mac

PostSubject: Re: Predicitions on Chart Success?   Predicitions on Chart Success? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 7:19 am

White Crosses is #34 on the Billboard 200.

I'm gonna say Gaslight is going to be around this mark - high 30s low 40s.
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Predicitions on Chart Success?   Predicitions on Chart Success? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 8:17 am

Back to top Go down
ral
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ral

PostSubject: Re: Predicitions on Chart Success?   Predicitions on Chart Success? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 10:39 am

carryon820 wrote:
Now secondly, I personally believe that AS is a better album than Against Me!'s "White Crosses", but which album is doing better in terms of sales, generally speaking?

White Crosses sold 11k in the US in its first week. According to early reports, American Slang is on pace to sell 2 or 3 times that.
Back to top Go down
andy.mac
Wooderson
Wooderson
andy.mac

PostSubject: Re: Predicitions on Chart Success?   Predicitions on Chart Success? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 4:32 pm

Ok I wasn't actually aware of White crosses figures

I'm gonna revoke my earlier post and go back to my earlier figures
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Predicitions on Chart Success?   Predicitions on Chart Success? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Predicitions on Chart Success?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2