DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

AS chart results

Go down 
+12
sidekicksuicide
ral
kupe
simo
RobertODonnell
stephendgaf
kieran
bringiton
hynesie
ExitEnglish
CluckyB
steady now steady now
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

AS chart results Empty
PostSubject: AS chart results   AS chart results Icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 8:15 am

[as we are now getting chart 'results', I've started this new thread, instead of putting this info inot the 'preditctions' thread]

from http://www.hotpress.com/The%20Gaslight%20Anthem/news/The-Gaslight-Anthem-top-the-Irish-Indie-chart/6611804.html

The Gaslight Anthem top the Irish Indie chart

18 Jun 2010

Their new American Slang album replaces Villagers at the top of the chart

After four weeks at No. 1 on the Irish Indie chart, Villagers' debut album Becoming A Jackal has finally been knocked off its perch.
A brand new entry, The Gaslight Anthem’s American Slang goes straight into the No. 1 spot. Villagers move down a place, as does Cathy Davey's The Nameless, which slips from No. 2 to No. 3.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

AS chart results Empty
PostSubject: Re: AS chart results   AS chart results Icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 5:36 pm

Big statement to how far this band has gone where topping indie charts doesn't come as a surprise.
Back to top Go down
ExitEnglish
A Contender
A Contender
ExitEnglish

AS chart results Empty
PostSubject: Re: AS chart results   AS chart results Icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 9:18 pm

wooo ireland! glad they like decent music in the motherland
Back to top Go down
hynesie
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

AS chart results Empty
PostSubject: Re: AS chart results   AS chart results Icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 1:06 pm

While they only came in at no15 in the irish charts they were the highest new entry.
Back to top Go down
bringiton
Wooderson
Wooderson
bringiton

AS chart results Empty
PostSubject: Re: AS chart results   AS chart results Icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 2:10 pm

Number 18 in the Official Charts in England. Respectable, I'm sure they'll be happy with it. A lot of shit above it though.
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

AS chart results Empty
PostSubject: Re: AS chart results   AS chart results Icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 3:26 pm

bringiton wrote:
Number 18 in the Official Charts in England. Respectable, I'm sure they'll be happy with it. A lot of shit above it though.

I think that's superb; they are the fifth highest new entry.
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

AS chart results Empty
PostSubject: Re: AS chart results   AS chart results Icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 6:11 pm

First on the UK indie charts as well. =)
Back to top Go down
kieran
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
kieran

AS chart results Empty
PostSubject: Re: AS chart results   AS chart results Icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 6:45 pm

bringiton wrote:

Since when are the charts not filled with shit at the high end?
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

AS chart results Empty
PostSubject: Re: AS chart results   AS chart results Icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 5:09 pm

AS is at 15 in the Irish album chart.
Back to top Go down
stephendgaf
Wooderson
Wooderson
stephendgaf

AS chart results Empty
PostSubject: Re: AS chart results   AS chart results Icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 11:40 pm

how'd they do in US?
Back to top Go down
RobertODonnell
Wooderson
Wooderson
RobertODonnell

AS chart results Empty
PostSubject: Re: AS chart results   AS chart results Icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 11:46 pm

We'll know sometime tomorrow, I think.
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

AS chart results Empty
PostSubject: Re: AS chart results   AS chart results Icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 11:48 pm

I don't think the Billboard charts will be posted until Thursday, according to this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billboard_200
Back to top Go down
stephendgaf
Wooderson
Wooderson
stephendgaf

AS chart results Empty
PostSubject: Re: AS chart results   AS chart results Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 2:04 am

ah
Back to top Go down
kupe
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

AS chart results Empty
PostSubject: Re: AS chart results   AS chart results Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 12:03 pm

#16 on the billboard charts, and the #1 rock record!
Back to top Go down
ral
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ral

AS chart results Empty
PostSubject: Re: AS chart results   AS chart results Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 12:35 pm

kupe wrote:

I'm not a huge fan of his new stuff but Tom Petty is probably still rock and he'll have the #1 rock record this week (and #2 overall) moving 100k+. Regardless, Hits Daily Double is reporting 26k+ for American Slang which is pretty solid.
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

AS chart results Empty
PostSubject: Re: AS chart results   AS chart results Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 1:50 pm

kupe wrote:

where is this info from, because it's not on billboard.com, which will only be updated tomorrow

http://www.billboard.com/charts/billboard-200#/album/the-gaslight-anthem/american-slang/1335449
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

AS chart results Empty
PostSubject: Re: AS chart results   AS chart results Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 2:13 pm

steady now steady now wrote:
kupe wrote:

where is this info from, because it's not on billboard.com, which will only be updated tomorrow

http://www.billboard.com/charts/billboard-200#/album/the-gaslight-anthem/american-slang/1335449

Billboard has a news article with the top ten. But the cutoff was 40k and I think they only sold around 20k. I agree that Petty is probably in the rock albums though -- so I donno how they could've been #1 there as pretty sold around 100,000 copies.

edit: a little google searching found this

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1642181/20100623/drake.jhtml

Quote :
Further down the line, tattooed Jersey rockers the Gaslight Anthem notch their best-ever chart debut with American Slang, which lit it up at #16 on sales of 27,000

The 27,000 is actually a good deal higher than the expectations I saw earlier in the week which were more around 20,000. I also recall a few members saying they'd be surprised if Gaslight reached 25,000 AS chart results Icon_smile
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

AS chart results Empty
PostSubject: Re: AS chart results   AS chart results Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 3:23 pm

CluckyB wrote:
Quote :
Further down the line, tattooed Jersey rockers the Gaslight Anthem notch their best-ever chart debut with American Slang, which lit it up at #16 on sales of 27,000

The 27,000 is actually a good deal higher than the expectations I saw earlier in the week which were more around 20,000. I also recall a few members saying they'd be surprised if Gaslight reached 25,000 AS chart results Icon_smile

No.16 on the Billboard 200 is great, considering that they only AS chart results Icon_biggrin made it to no.18 in the UK charts, despite what I thought was bigger exposure over here than in the US.
Back to top Go down
sidekicksuicide
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
sidekicksuicide

AS chart results Empty
PostSubject: Re: AS chart results   AS chart results Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 3:40 pm

That's awesome. It's gotta be Side One Dummy's best release ever.
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

AS chart results Empty
PostSubject: Re: AS chart results   AS chart results Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 5:24 pm

sidekicksuicide wrote:
That's awesome. It's gotta be Side One Dummy's best release ever.

Flogging Molly's Float was #4 on the billboard charts. (Although it was a March release, I'm sure it sold more copies than Gaslight's did to go that high)
Back to top Go down
andy.mac
Wooderson
Wooderson
andy.mac

AS chart results Empty
PostSubject: Re: AS chart results   AS chart results Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 3:33 am

very cool.

i'm really surprised at how much that guy drake sold - he's absolute garbage - i like rap and listen to it regularly but this guy pulled the same numbers that jay z would do, quite embarrassing really.
Back to top Go down
Novella
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Novella

AS chart results Empty
PostSubject: Re: AS chart results   AS chart results Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 5:16 am

andy.mac wrote:
very cool.

i'm really surprised at how much that guy drake sold - he's absolute garbage - i like rap and listen to it regularly but this guy pulled the same numbers that jay z would do, quite embarrassing really.

I would say that's the main problem with the music industry today, and I know this has been said before. I listen to very little hip-hop/rap, but it has to be intelligent hip-hop. To be quite honest, I think even Jay-Z is pure crap, spoken too loud that can probably get me banned from New York itself, but truth is I would say 90% of the people that listen to Jay-Z are going to listen to Drake. Plus I think Drake is one of those guys that girls go crazy over like Usher or something , so there are all the record sales. There is good music out there, you just have to look for it because its very often not shoved in your face by tv/radio or even internet.

Back to top Go down
andy.mac
Wooderson
Wooderson
andy.mac

AS chart results Empty
PostSubject: Re: AS chart results   AS chart results Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 6:12 am

i don't agree with anything you said but the statement 'opinions: people have them' rings true here.
Back to top Go down
bringiton
Wooderson
Wooderson
bringiton

AS chart results Empty
PostSubject: Re: AS chart results   AS chart results Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 6:31 am

That's very good for them then isn't it, didn't 59 Sound hit number 70 on it's first week?
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

AS chart results Empty
PostSubject: Re: AS chart results   AS chart results Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 12:08 pm

Other us chart results:

http://www.billboard.com/#/album/the-gaslight-anthem/american-slang/1335474

Rock Albums: #5
Alternative Albums: #3
Digital Albums: #7
Indie Albums: #1
Canadian Albums: #12
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

AS chart results Empty
PostSubject: Re: AS chart results   AS chart results Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down