DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

.....In the morning

Go down 
+6
steph
loazis
colmillionaire
Jack
andy.mac
IKeeptheDiner
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
IKeeptheDiner
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
IKeeptheDiner

.....In the morning Empty
PostSubject: .....In the morning   .....In the morning Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 7:15 am

This is a proud moment for me. It involves the internet so I feel like a loser

.....In the morning Screen10

So then I thought- let me respond to that. He probably wont respond back, but whatever it's cool, he's a busy guy, then I woke up this morning and saw this.

.....In the morning Screen11

If it happens, thank Twitter I guess?
Back to top Go down
andy.mac
Wooderson
Wooderson
andy.mac

PostSubject: Re: .....In the morning   .....In the morning Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 7:42 am

I just signed up to twitter. Only if I knew how to work it....
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

PostSubject: Re: .....In the morning   .....In the morning Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 11:31 am

I would love to hear a red song at night...if you know what I mean. But it makes more sense to request Red In The Morning because it's a band song as opposed to a Brian solo song on a Gaslight record.
Back to top Go down
http://roseboulevard.bandcamp.com
IKeeptheDiner
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
IKeeptheDiner

PostSubject: Re: .....In the morning   .....In the morning Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 3:42 pm

well it was also because, i dont think red in the morning has been played since pre-59 days.
Back to top Go down
colmillionaire
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
colmillionaire

PostSubject: Re: .....In the morning   .....In the morning Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 4:20 pm

i've seen them play red in the morning, but not red at night.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/Colmillionaire
loazis
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
loazis

PostSubject: Re: .....In the morning   .....In the morning Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 4:24 pm

Haha, pretty cool that he responded to you personally Very Happy

Your e-penis just grew massivly I suppose!
Back to top Go down
IKeeptheDiner
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
IKeeptheDiner

PostSubject: Re: .....In the morning   .....In the morning Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 5:20 pm

colmillionaire wrote:
i've seen them play red in the morning, but not red at night.
well either way, i suppose a song with red works either way. when did you hear it?

loazis wrote:
Haha, pretty cool that he responded to you personally Very Happy

Your e-penis just grew massivly I suppose!

why yes it did! with no help from iAgra either!

yea id like to think of myself as a punny guy.
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: .....In the morning   .....In the morning Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 6:31 pm

dude thats pretty sweet. now go figure, they'll play it at a show...but not the one youll be attending!
Back to top Go down
Little Eden
Wooderson
Wooderson
Little Eden

PostSubject: Re: .....In the morning   .....In the morning Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 8:59 pm

well done, and I would agree that you are very punny indeed

I just listened to it again to make sure I still remember all the words...
yup. I'm ready to belt it out at a show! ahaha
Back to top Go down
colmillionaire
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
colmillionaire

PostSubject: Re: .....In the morning   .....In the morning Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 9:17 pm

IKeeptheDiner wrote:
when did you hear it?

asbury lanes, 2 years ago. i dunno why they don't play it as often
Back to top Go down
loazis
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
loazis

PostSubject: Re: .....In the morning   .....In the morning Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 9:18 am

steph wrote:
dude thats pretty sweet. now go figure, they'll play it at a show...but not the one youll be attending!
And you call ME a dreamcrusher?? =P
Back to top Go down
IKeeptheDiner
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
IKeeptheDiner

PostSubject: Re: .....In the morning   .....In the morning Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 11:32 am

loazis wrote:
steph wrote:
And you call ME a dreamcrusher?? =P

haha, in a response back to him i told him the shows i was gonna be at. but dont let me be selfish, theres a whole country.
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

PostSubject: Re: .....In the morning   .....In the morning Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 6:18 pm

colmillionaire wrote:
IKeeptheDiner wrote:
when did you hear it?

asbury lanes, 2 years ago. i dunno why they don't play it as often

I'd assume they think it's their weakest song. I know I'm not the only one of that opinion.
Back to top Go down
colmillionaire
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
colmillionaire

PostSubject: Re: .....In the morning   .....In the morning Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 7:52 pm

i think red at night is their weakest. i tend to skip it when listening to SoS. different strokes i guess
Back to top Go down
borrowedcar
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: .....In the morning   .....In the morning Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 11:59 am

i'd take red at night over red in the morning
plus the crowd during red in the morning id imagine would be the opposite of what brian wants if you remember he stopped playing divorce for a while cause the crowd was too crazy
its still sick that he responded though, he's a great guy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: .....In the morning   .....In the morning Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 1:31 am

thanks. now we have to hear their absolute worst song.
Back to top Go down
Little Eden
Wooderson
Wooderson
Little Eden

PostSubject: Re: .....In the morning   .....In the morning Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 1:54 am

guest wrote:
thanks. now we have to hear their absolute worst song.

...a guest would type something like this
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

PostSubject: Re: .....In the morning   .....In the morning Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 8:00 am

While I agree it's weak for a guest to post something like that (and stuff like that is why we shouldn't let guests post in the first place) I tend to agree, although I'd put it in a lighter way.
Back to top Go down
Johnny99
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: .....In the morning   .....In the morning Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 1:40 pm

yeah to me the song always seemed like the only filler song on any of their first 2.5 records.
Back to top Go down
Little Eden
Wooderson
Wooderson
Little Eden

PostSubject: Re: .....In the morning   .....In the morning Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 1:54 pm

JohnnyC wrote:
While I agree it's weak for a guest to post something like that (and stuff like that is why we shouldn't let guests post in the first place) I tend to agree, although I'd put it in a lighter way.

I'm not saying the song is one of my favorites either, but I just found the phrasing to be unneccessary. I'd be happy to hear almost anything from SOS though
Back to top Go down
Perka
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Perka

PostSubject: Re: .....In the morning   .....In the morning Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 2:00 pm

i would actually love to hear Red in the morning live, but then again. I would be happy whatever they played. But i do think this song deserves more cred
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

PostSubject: Re: .....In the morning   .....In the morning Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 2:53 pm

Little Eden wrote:
JohnnyC wrote:

I'm not saying the song is one of my favorites either, but I just found the phrasing to be unneccessary. I'd be happy to hear almost anything from SOS though

Yeah, I gotcha. I definitely agree with you.

I have to say, though, it's a bit surprising that Gaslight is already getting the "play the old songs, damn it!" treatment from some (not saying anyone on here, but I've seen some serious e-bitching about wanting to hear them play stuff from SOS). They're three (and a third) albums in. Personally, I just want to hear all ten AS songs because I haven't heard any of those yet, minus Bring It On.
Back to top Go down
IKeeptheDiner
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
IKeeptheDiner

PostSubject: Re: .....In the morning   .....In the morning Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 3:56 pm

I thought it would be nice to hear a song that hasn't been played recently. I wouldnt be that drunk ass that shouts it out during the quiet songs and piss people off. Also, I don't care what songs of theirs they do and don't play. I thought it would be fun to reply to something, and I in turn got a reply and thought it would be nice to share. Honestly, I enjoy the song, but does everyone have to? No, everyones got opinions, isnt that what the point of this board is? Besides, they may play it once at practice, and say that it turned out bad who knows. It is kind of funny what JohnnyC says, I do kind of feel like that asshole, but not as much as the guy at shows I mentioned at the beginning. Another reason its funny is because with some fans becoming strictly, "play the old songs" type, it just means that fan are beginning to jump-ship. I guess that just means the band is progressing.

Sorry for the longness, just haven't be able to get on in a day or two.
Back to top Go down
borrowedcar
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: .....In the morning   .....In the morning Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 5:48 pm

all bands have fans that want old stuff
it's wanting what you cant have
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

PostSubject: Re: .....In the morning   .....In the morning Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 12:35 pm

IKeeptheDiner wrote:
I thought it would be nice to hear a song that hasn't been played recently. I wouldnt be that drunk ass that shouts it out during the quiet songs and piss people off. Also, I don't care what songs of theirs they do and don't play. I thought it would be fun to reply to something, and I in turn got a reply and thought it would be nice to share. Honestly, I enjoy the song, but does everyone have to? No, everyones got opinions, isnt that what the point of this board is? Besides, they may play it once at practice, and say that it turned out bad who knows. It is kind of funny what JohnnyC says, I do kind of feel like that asshole, but not as much as the guy at shows I mentioned at the beginning. Another reason its funny is because with some fans becoming strictly, "play the old songs" type, it just means that fan are beginning to jump-ship. I guess that just means the band is progressing.

Sorry for the longness, just haven't be able to get on in a day or two.

My bad, man, I wasn't really aiming that at you. It was more for some of the people on last.fm that I've seen have nothing bad to say about SOS (I love it, but it's not infallible) and nothing good to say about American Slang ("It uses the same chord progressions"/"No fast songs"/"Brian's voice isn't good anymore"/)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: .....In the morning   .....In the morning Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

.....In the morning
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next