DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

(US) CBS This Morning Show Taping - Air date?

Go down 
+4
StitchesOnTheRadio
ral
zerb012345
jensomniac
8 posters
AuthorMessage
jensomniac
A Contender
A Contender
jensomniac

(US) CBS This Morning Show Taping - Air date? Empty
PostSubject: (US) CBS This Morning Show Taping - Air date?   (US) CBS This Morning Show Taping - Air date? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2014 4:33 pm

Benny's instagram today showed a picture of the guys taping for the CBS This Morning show (a live news/entertainment show that airs 7a-9a M-F local time).  

Anyone know yet when the segment airs?  CBSTM's website is just useless to navigate.
Back to top Go down
zerb012345
Wooderson
Wooderson
zerb012345

PostSubject: Re: (US) CBS This Morning Show Taping - Air date?   (US) CBS This Morning Show Taping - Air date? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2014 4:59 pm

No idea but I'd certainly watch.
Back to top Go down
ral
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ral

PostSubject: Re: (US) CBS This Morning Show Taping - Air date?   (US) CBS This Morning Show Taping - Air date? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2014 5:03 pm

jensomniac wrote:
Anyone know yet when the segment airs?  

September 6th.
Back to top Go down
ral
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ral

PostSubject: Re: (US) CBS This Morning Show Taping - Air date?   (US) CBS This Morning Show Taping - Air date? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2014 9:41 pm

So this was on today... with no mention of it on the band's official channels.

They played Get Hurt and 1000 Years on the broadcast and Helter Skeleton is a web exclusive.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: (US) CBS This Morning Show Taping - Air date?   (US) CBS This Morning Show Taping - Air date? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2014 11:05 pm

Well I completely missed this when it aired. I went on the cbs this morning website and had some trouble finding the videos. If you sit through a news segment on birds hitting planes first, when the video ends (it may or may not show you another ad first) it will show you "related" videos or something, and Get Hurt as well as Helter Skeleton were there. I can't seem to find 1000 years so far.

Fun fact: At the very beginning and end of Helter Skeleton, if you look down at where the cable from Brian's guitar meets the floor, you'll see it looped perfectly in the shape of a heart (although not an upside-down one). At first I was like "wow, what are the odds? that's kinda cool." Then I remembered I went to film school, and I think 80% of my peers would've staged something like that. So now I'm wondering about the spontaneity of it and it seems less cool....

...oh yeah, and I liked that performance! Razz (^^clearly I spend too much time wondering about little things that catch my eye)
Back to top Go down
zerb012345
Wooderson
Wooderson
zerb012345

PostSubject: Re: (US) CBS This Morning Show Taping - Air date?   (US) CBS This Morning Show Taping - Air date? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2014 11:55 pm

http://www.cbsnews.com/videos/saturday-sessions-gaslight-anthem-performs-get-hurt/

http://www.cbsnews.com/videos/saturday-sessions-gaslight-anthem-performs-get-hurt-2/
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: (US) CBS This Morning Show Taping - Air date?   (US) CBS This Morning Show Taping - Air date? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2014 12:08 am

zerb012345 wrote:
http://www.cbsnews.com/videos/saturday-sessions-gaslight-anthem-performs-get-hurt/

http://www.cbsnews.com/videos/saturday-sessions-gaslight-anthem-performs-get-hurt-2/

Hug
Back to top Go down
zerb012345
Wooderson
Wooderson
zerb012345

PostSubject: Re: (US) CBS This Morning Show Taping - Air date?   (US) CBS This Morning Show Taping - Air date? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2014 9:13 am

StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
zerb012345 wrote:

Hug

cheers
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: (US) CBS This Morning Show Taping - Air date?   (US) CBS This Morning Show Taping - Air date? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2014 3:18 pm

I thought Brian's vocals on Helter started out pretty rough but he settled into it well after the first chorus. They really need to figure out how to get Brian some backing vocals.
Back to top Go down
ivienco
A Contender
A Contender
ivienco

PostSubject: Re: (US) CBS This Morning Show Taping - Air date?   (US) CBS This Morning Show Taping - Air date? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2014 8:00 pm

Whoever wants to see it on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMhaDXMUtIo&list=UU-SJ6nODDmufqBzPBwCvYvQ
Back to top Go down
flannel
A Contender
A Contender
flannel

PostSubject: Re: (US) CBS This Morning Show Taping - Air date?   (US) CBS This Morning Show Taping - Air date? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2014 10:01 pm

does it look like Brian is wearing makeup to anyone else?? tv, I tell ya...

did anyone find 1000 Years yet?
Back to top Go down
cdala
A Contender
A Contender
cdala

PostSubject: Re: (US) CBS This Morning Show Taping - Air date?   (US) CBS This Morning Show Taping - Air date? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2014 12:06 pm

Everyone wears make up on tv though.

I'm not impressed with any of these tv performances so far. It seems as if they don't really enjoy it when they're not playing to a crowd.
Back to top Go down
ivienco
A Contender
A Contender
ivienco

PostSubject: Re: (US) CBS This Morning Show Taping - Air date?   (US) CBS This Morning Show Taping - Air date? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2014 12:37 pm

flannel wrote:
does it look like Brian is wearing makeup to anyone else??  tv, I tell ya...

did anyone find 1000 Years yet?

Yep, he's wearing make up, and it's mandatory with the HD cams everyone uses these days.

Word from a make up artist that used to work for TV Smile
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: (US) CBS This Morning Show Taping - Air date?   (US) CBS This Morning Show Taping - Air date? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2014 6:20 pm

It's funny, I've seen other people comment on the make-up thing too. I honestly didn't notice it and still don't think it's especially obvious but I have no doubt he is because honestly, he'd look kinda terrible if he didn't. And it has nothing to do with the condition of his skin. HD camera's tend to take people with pale skin and make their skin look red in certain areas, and the lights on them tend to flatten out their features and whole bunch of other stuff that ivienco probably knows more about than I do! But trust me, it makes a BIG difference.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: (US) CBS This Morning Show Taping - Air date?   (US) CBS This Morning Show Taping - Air date? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

(US) CBS This Morning Show Taping - Air date?
Page 1 of 1