DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tom Petty

Go down 
+25
magnificentdreamer
The Last Jukebox Romeo
Hanswurst
Klown
Christophe
loazis
AngryJohnnyN1930
Gaslight23
Down by the Mersey
ThisMachineKillsFascists
LuceroDiehard
Kosburn59
Harbortown
drifter69
The Angry Johnny Revue
IrishNameAndAnInjury
andy.mac
Vibes
steady now steady now
Jukebox Romeo
ambrose
stephendgaf
PatientFabiWheel
JoshRaymond
Forum Owner
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
magnificentdreamer
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
magnificentdreamer

Tom Petty - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tom Petty   Tom Petty - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2014 10:58 pm

Any thoughts on "Hypnotic Eye"? I think it's a pretty solid record. It's no "Damn the Torpedoes", but there aren't many 60 year olds who can still rock this hard.
Back to top Go down
Thunder Peel
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Thunder Peel

Tom Petty - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tom Petty   Tom Petty - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2014 2:38 am

It's nice to see them around but I find the record underwhelming. It's okay but none of the songs stick in my head or resonate in any real way. Petty rarely ever misfires but this record just doesn't pack much of a punch to my ears.
Back to top Go down
Hanswurst
Wooderson
Wooderson
Hanswurst

Tom Petty - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tom Petty   Tom Petty - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2014 5:47 pm

i have to say after it had a little time to breathe and get into my head, i really enjoy this record Smile
I wasn't expecting something this "fresh" from the old man but this stuff is pretty damn solid.

"American Dream Plan B", "Fault Lines", "Sins of My Youth" & "Shadow People" are real Diamonds for my ears.
Some awesome solo stuff on there, too Smile
Back to top Go down
SirBrad
Wooderson
Wooderson

Tom Petty - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tom Petty   Tom Petty - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2014 10:37 pm

I really like it. I don't like it better than Mojo though. But it's probably better than most stuff he's put out since Wildflowers.

Still an awesome live act though. Got floor tix to see them at Madison Square Garden next month.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/bradmhouser
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

Tom Petty - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tom Petty   Tom Petty - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 02, 2017 5:16 pm

Tom Petty just passed away.
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

Tom Petty - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tom Petty   Tom Petty - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 19, 2018 9:17 pm

From the "Tom Petty And The Heartbreakers" facebook page:

Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers
37 mins ·

Our family sat together this morning with the Medical Examiner – Coroner’s office and we were informed of their final analysis that Tom Petty passed away due to an accidental drug overdose as a result of taking a variety of medications.

Unfortunately Tom’s body suffered from many serious ailments including emphysema, knee problems and most significantly a fractured hip.

Despite this painful injury he insisted on keeping his commitment to his fans and he toured for 53 dates with a fractured hip and, as he did, it worsened to a more serious injury.

On the day he died he was informed his hip had graduated to a full on break and it is our feeling that the pain was simply unbearable and was the cause for his over use of medication.

We knew before the report was shared with us that he was prescribed various pain medications for a multitude of issues including Fentanyl patches and we feel confident that this was, as the coroner found, an unfortunate accident.

As a family we recognize this report may spark a further discussion on the opioid crisis and we feel that it is a healthy and necessary discussion and we hope in some way this report can save lives. Many people who overdose begin with a legitimate injury or simply do not understand the potency and deadly nature of these medications.

On a positive note we now know for certain he went painlessly and beautifully exhausted after doing what he loved the most, for one last time, performing live with his unmatchable rock band for his loyal fans on the biggest tour of his 40 plus year career. He was extremely proud of that achievement in the days before he passed.

We continue to mourn with you and marvel at Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers' incredible positive impact on music and the world. And we thank you all for your love and support over the last months.

Thank you also for respecting the memory of a man who was truly great during his time on this planet both publicly and privately.

We would be grateful if you could respect the privacy of the entire Heartbreaker family during this difficult time.

Dana Petty and Adria Petty

(statement also available at www.tompetty.com)
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

Tom Petty - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tom Petty   Tom Petty - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 20, 2018 3:21 pm

It's so sad that he's gone.  I saw him just the once, when he toured with Bob Dylan, back in the '80s.

If you are on prescribed medication, I don't know how you can ever die of an accidental overdose, if you take the stuff as directed.  Don't ever take more of anything then they tell you to!
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
The_River
A Contender
A Contender
The_River

Tom Petty - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tom Petty   Tom Petty - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2018 12:22 pm

steady now steady now wrote:
It's so sad that he's gone.  I saw him just the once, when he toured with Bob Dylan, back in the '80s.

If you are on prescribed medication, I don't know how you can ever die of an accidental overdose, if you take the stuff as directed.  Don't ever take more of anything then they tell you to!

Well the medical system in the US is what it is... Very different from "Europe".
Back to top Go down
LuceroDiehard
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
LuceroDiehard

Tom Petty - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tom Petty   Tom Petty - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 01, 2018 7:55 am

My twin brother wrote this piece on how Tom Petty's music helped him deal with the trauma his 6th grade teacher inflicted by sexually abusing him in the late 70s.

http://www.atlantamagazine.com/news-culture-articles/commentary-tom-petty-gone-ive-lost-best-friend-never-met/
Back to top Go down
http://bobbyw24.tumblr.com/archive
Sponsored content

Tom Petty - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tom Petty   Tom Petty - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tom Petty
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3