DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rank the albums

Go down 
+54
Silver
bish
amberfoyd
azlisa
MKULTRA
SmilinSkullRing
DeathoftheCool
stayhungry
TGG
Emyr
NDTGA
Bea
ksupilot
MCStevepants
redinthemorning
Reinvent good times
andy.mac
The Major
Jeff
massie1903
gib786
cside
TGAFAN25
Asleepontheforestfloor
e7c
WWD4D?
I Came To Dance
JadedGoober7
borrowedcar
colmillionaire
Casey
stephendgaf
DaveSavedTheDay
RobertODonnell
PFREEZY
steady now steady now
loazis
vamike
kieran
Dan_Dog
talley
Jack
tomttt
steph
Daire
Ryan
Snap
JoshRaymond
Little Eden
Jay
simo
drifter69
Johnny99
xstevenbx
58 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Little Eden
Wooderson
Wooderson
Little Eden

Rank the albums - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rank the albums   Rank the albums - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 3:51 pm

Reinvent good times wrote:
One way to compare S&Q to the other albums is to take the top 4 songs on each CD, and compare them to the 4 on the S&Q, and then determine which one is better.

For example, my opin of the top 4 on T59S = Old white Lincoln, Great Expectations, 59 Sound and Backseats. Now compare them to S&Q...And for me it's a tough call--which 4 songs would you rather listen to??? I would probably lean, and I mean lean a bit to S&Q.

For SOS, I'll go with 1930, Contender, Drive and Angry Johnny. Comparing to S&Q, I think I lean to SOS.

It's almost a tougher call to actually pick the best 4 songs on each cd...

Anyone else?

I'm up for the challenge:

SOS
1 1930 (like that was even a hard decision)
2 Contender
3 Wooderson
4 Divorce

S&tQ
1 Blue Jeans & White Tshirts (arguably the best TGA song EVER)
2 Elvis
3 Say I Won't
4 S&tQ

59S
1 The Backseat (contains one on my absolute favorite lyrics, plus it's the perfect summer anthem)
2 The '59 Sound
3 Here's Lookin at You Kid
4 High and Lonesome

AS (haven't listened in awhile, but this is from what I remember)
1 Queen of Lower Chelsea
2 Bring it On
3 Boxer
4 We Did it When We Were Young

anyone else?
Back to top Go down
redinthemorning
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Rank the albums   Rank the albums - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 4:47 pm

Sink or Swim:
- Contender
- We Came to Dance
- Angry Johnny

The '59 Sound:
- River's Edge (the second verse gets me every time)
- Miles Davis
- Casanova, Baby!
- Film Noir

SeƱor and the Queen:
- Blue Jeans
- Say I Won't
- Elvis
- S&tQ

Still resisting the urge to hear American Slang before it comes out, I'll edit that in later.

As far as order:
1) 59S
2) S&tQ
3) SoS

I was surprised because I initially wanted to say S&tQ, then SoS, then 59S. When I went through and did my top 4 from each though, it hit me: The '59 Sound is just a great record. I can't think of any song I wouldn't listen to at the drop of a hat from that record. Sometimes I skip "Here's Looking at You, Kid", because I don't want to have my heart ripped out.
Back to top Go down
MCStevepants
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
MCStevepants

PostSubject: Re: Rank the albums   Rank the albums - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 4:54 pm

SQ > SOS > 59 > AS

Note: all the >'s are very slight...i love all 4 albums.
Back to top Go down
ksupilot
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Rank the albums   Rank the albums - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 1:38 am

Oh god this is almost impossible...

1) SATQ
2) '59 Sound
3) SOS
4) AS

That's how I feel at the moment. I could wake up tomorrow and say 59 Sound is the best album, or another day SOS. That is what rules about this band.
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: Rank the albums   Rank the albums - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 5:00 pm

ive been listening to SOS lately, and i think i decided that is my favorite. in fact, i'd probly rate them fave to least in order of release.

SOS being fave, S&TQ, 59 Sound, to AS

as much as i like the new record, i think SOS is just more my taste, kinda sad they don't have the SOS sound going on as much
Back to top Go down
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

PostSubject: Re: Rank the albums   Rank the albums - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 5:15 pm

this is a hard call... i'd say 59S is my number 1 cause that's the album that got me into Gaslight. then maybe AS... or SoS... i think i like them both equally. and i agree with the fact that SaTQ shouldn't count as an album 'cause it has only 4 songs (maybe 4 of the best songs of the band, yes, and i don't know what i'd do without Blue Jeans, yes, but still it's not an album).

so i guess i like all of them a lot since i've made a playlist with all the Gaslight songs and i just play them randomly. but if i'd have to pick, i'd say (taking MCStevepants way of putting it):

59S > SOS > AS

like Brian once said: "your albums are like your children. and you can't compare your children!" (or something like that Razz)
Back to top Go down
NDTGA
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Rank the albums   Rank the albums - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 11:46 pm

1. Sink or Swim
2. The '59 Sound
3. American Slang

Think the order is pretty much solid for me.
Back to top Go down
Emyr
A Contender
A Contender
Emyr

PostSubject: Re: Rank the albums   Rank the albums - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 6:57 am

Bea wrote:
like Brian once said: "your albums are like your children. and you can't compare your children!" (or something like that Razz)

Haha, that's good - and true!

I think I like 59S the best as it's most listened to by me and I adore every song on it (not that I dislike any others). It's also the reason I got into Gaslight.
I'd go with....

59S > SoS > (SatQ) > AS

Purely because American Slang is not as listened to as the others, and it's kind of short... not compared to SatQ obviously!
But Senor and the Queen (song) is one of my very favourite Gaslight songs so.......
Back to top Go down
http://emmaprew.blogspot.com
TGG
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Rank the albums   Rank the albums - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 4:21 pm

1) '59 Sound
2) American Slang
3) Sink or Swim

I love Senor and the Queen, but it seems weird to compare a 4 song EP to full length albums. Kind of like asking 'what do you like better, The Godfather or a single episode of the Sopranos?'
Back to top Go down
stayhungry
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Rank the albums   Rank the albums - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 9:29 pm

hmm. i love them all for different reasons. SOS because it embraces the nj sound. 59 sound cause it's so darn catchy and serves as a salute to some of their most brilliant influences. american slang because it's new and different and fun and, for lack of a better word, "legit." and SATQ because it's just... catchy. soulful. real. idk.

i guess i'd put them in that order, but it really depends on what i'm in the mood for. sometimes am slang is first. sometimes 59 sound is. it always changes. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
stayhungry
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Rank the albums   Rank the albums - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 9:31 pm

ksupilot wrote:
Oh god this is almost impossible...

1) SATQ
2) '59 Sound
3) SOS
4) AS

That's how I feel at the moment. I could wake up tomorrow and say 59 Sound is the best album, or another day SOS. That is what rules about this band.

i feel the exact same way haha. it all depends on my mood, but every song and every LP/EP is terrific in its own way
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: Rank the albums   Rank the albums - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 1:51 pm

1. American Slang
2. The '59 Sound
3. Sink or Swim
4. Senor and the Queen
It took a me a few listens to like American Slang, but now it's one of my favorites ever. '59 is too; I heard it first so it's special in that way. They're all good, damn.
Back to top Go down
SmilinSkullRing
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
SmilinSkullRing

PostSubject: Re: Rank the albums   Rank the albums - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 6:02 pm

At the moment:

1. American Slang
2. The '59 Sound
3. Sink or Swim
4. Senor and the Queen

Although that can change. I've just been enjoying AS a lot lately. SatQ is last due to the length, but if I didn't take playing time into consideration it would probably be second.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/SmilinSkullRing
MKULTRA
Wooderson
Wooderson
MKULTRA

PostSubject: Re: Rank the albums   Rank the albums - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 6:12 pm

59 Sound
Senor and the Queen
American Slang
Sink or Swim

love 'em all
Back to top Go down
azlisa
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
azlisa

PostSubject: Re: Rank the albums   Rank the albums - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 1:01 am

59 sound
american slang
sink or swim
senor and the queen

i love them all and probably SOS and S&TQ equally but it's really hard to put the last 3 in any order. but 59 sound is definitely my favorite Smile

Last edited by azlisa on Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/azlisa
amberfoyd
A Contender
A Contender
amberfoyd

PostSubject: Re: Rank the albums   Rank the albums - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 1:08 am

at the moment:

59 sound
senor and the queen
sink or swim
american slang
Back to top Go down
http://www.twiter.com/amberfoyd
bish
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Rank the albums   Rank the albums - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 6:31 pm

sink or swim
59' sound
senor and the queen
american slang

gaslight said as was them trying to find their own sound, i believe a combination of sos/satq = tga's sound
not much of a fan of american slang, i enjoy the b side the most
Back to top Go down
azlisa
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
azlisa

PostSubject: Re: Rank the albums   Rank the albums - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 3:09 pm

aww how sad that AS is at the bottom of so many lists...i think it's incredible.
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/azlisa
amberfoyd
A Contender
A Contender
amberfoyd

PostSubject: Re: Rank the albums   Rank the albums - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 10:14 pm

i think it has more to do with which one hits us more.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twiter.com/amberfoyd
Silver
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Silver

PostSubject: Re: Rank the albums   Rank the albums - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 7:28 pm

1. the '59 sound
('Cause it was my first tga record and when it came out everything was just so perfect, it was a magic summer^^. It will be my fav. record of all time.)

2. sink or swim
(I love all of the raw punkrock anthems on it and navesink banks and red sky night are also wonderful, it's really hard to decide if '59 or sos...but sos is the better record for long drives and broken nights, esp. when you feel alone)

3. senior and the queen
(I think it's because of blue jeans and white t-shirt, so emotional, so powerful, it's everything for me...and when i listen to elvis I believe that the sky could fall every moment...It's so surreal. These both songs are def. one of their best.)

4. american slang
(Okay. I don't know how often I listened to it in my car but I can't come into it. I love the cd, no doubt, the album has so many rippers. But i think this record is too far away for me. Almost the whole storyline takes place in new york and I liked it how I could identify myself in sos and '59.
But when I listen to as it's like that my head starts to create a very strange film, Brian has the leading role and the film always has the same ending. Brian gets married to Holly and then he eats the whole wedding cake. (:
I think in a few months i will love it like the other ones. d:)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rank the albums   Rank the albums - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 12:13 pm

American Slang
'59 Sound
Senor and the Queen
Sink or Swim

Love them all though.
Back to top Go down
JonnyisRFC
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
JonnyisRFC

PostSubject: Re: Rank the albums   Rank the albums - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 4:03 pm

1.'59 Sound
2. Sink or Swim
3. Senior and the Queen
4. American Slang
Back to top Go down
OutOfStep
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
OutOfStep

PostSubject: Re: Rank the albums   Rank the albums - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 12:43 pm

It's hard to rank these, because I love them all for different reasons, but here goes:

1) The '59 Sound
2) Senor & The Queen
3) American Slang
4) Sink or Swim
Back to top Go down
http://deadformat.net/tradelist/chrisjhatfield1983
Coulda Been a Contender
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Coulda Been a Contender

PostSubject: Re: Rank the albums   Rank the albums - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 3:15 pm

SoS
'59 Sound
SatQ
AS
Back to top Go down
gp
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
gp

PostSubject: Re: Rank the albums   Rank the albums - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 3:54 pm

SoS
SatQ
'59 Sound
AS
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rank the albums   Rank the albums - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rank the albums
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3