DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Diamond Church Street Choir (lyrics)

Go down 
+21
Bea
B701
Johnny99
sidekicksuicide
steady now steady now
cockypessimist
Jukebox Romeo
Daire
18milesaminute
MKULTRA
loazis
randomhero78
Asleepontheforestfloor
Jeff
Down by the Mersey
drifter69
Jack
softsummernights
ral
jzancan
talley
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
B701
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

The Diamond Church Street Choir (lyrics) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Diamond Church Street Choir (lyrics)   The Diamond Church Street Choir (lyrics) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 12:18 pm

I think the jackknives reference is really just a way to refer to the bands that play the basement of the Court Tavern.

I love the lyrics for this song, definitely has meaning to me as I live about a mile from the Court.
Back to top Go down
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

PostSubject: Re: The Diamond Church Street Choir (lyrics)   The Diamond Church Street Choir (lyrics) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 1:57 pm

also, Brian tells a story about his friend Diamond during one of his Court Tavern solo shows. "Dead to me!!!" i suppose that's the same Diamond
Back to top Go down
Stevearm
Wooderson
Wooderson
Stevearm

PostSubject: Re: The Diamond Church Street Choir (lyrics)   The Diamond Church Street Choir (lyrics) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 5:45 pm

Oh wow Bea I never made that connection, that video was hilarious, the one where he peed in the *edit* Thrice's tour bus
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/stevearm
Stevearm
Wooderson
Wooderson
Stevearm

PostSubject: Re: The Diamond Church Street Choir (lyrics)   The Diamond Church Street Choir (lyrics) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 7:56 pm

I also realized that The Court Tavern is located at 124 Church Street. (I didn't read all of the comments so if someone all ready said this...sorry lol)
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/stevearm
MKULTRA
Wooderson
Wooderson
MKULTRA

PostSubject: Re: The Diamond Church Street Choir (lyrics)   The Diamond Church Street Choir (lyrics) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 1:24 am

i gotta say, looking back, i was pretty wrong about the song Laughing
Back to top Go down
McMenemy
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: The Diamond Church Street Choir (lyrics)   The Diamond Church Street Choir (lyrics) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 4:44 pm

So by's Diamond Church Street Choir, he was actually referencing bands booked in this Tavern by his friend? That makes more sense than it being about an actual choir Wink
Back to top Go down
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

PostSubject: Re: The Diamond Church Street Choir (lyrics)   The Diamond Church Street Choir (lyrics) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 4:53 pm

McMenemy wrote:
So by's Diamond Church Street Choir, he was actually referencing bands booked in this Tavern by his friend? That makes more sense than it being about an actual choir Wink
at first i though it was about a choir somewhere, but when Brian said that Diamond was Andy Diamond and Church Street is the street of the Court Tavern, i realized the choir represented, like you said, the bands that played in there and kind of that underground scene made by those who probably "sing it" or "do it" better than actual artists that are on the medias every single day
Back to top Go down
MKULTRA
Wooderson
Wooderson
MKULTRA

PostSubject: Re: The Diamond Church Street Choir (lyrics)   The Diamond Church Street Choir (lyrics) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 2:36 am

i'm thinking that the choir is all the people who sing back at them when they, or brian, play at the court tavern
Back to top Go down
acousticbandit
Wooderson
Wooderson
acousticbandit

PostSubject: Re: The Diamond Church Street Choir (lyrics)   The Diamond Church Street Choir (lyrics) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 11:26 am

another tidbit for those not familiar with the area, which i don't think has been mentioned yet: new brunswick is home to rutgers university, the state university of NJ. thus the "university boys and girls" are ostensibly rutgers students.

this line for me always evokes images of brian driving down easton ave. to make it to the court.
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Link   The Diamond Church Street Choir (lyrics) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 3:03 am

2 links - just in case you didn't see that so far:
Devildance Records Blob and another blog entry about court tavern holiday bash
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Diamond Church Street Choir (lyrics)   The Diamond Church Street Choir (lyrics) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Diamond Church Street Choir (lyrics)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2