DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

gospel choir on 'The '59 Sound' album?

Go down 
+3
steady now steady now
simo
Bea
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

gospel choir on 'The '59 Sound' album? Empty
PostSubject: Re: gospel choir on 'The '59 Sound' album?   gospel choir on 'The '59 Sound' album? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 9:15 pm

steady now steady now wrote:
At the 59 Sound release show, he said the album had gospel choirs on it.
but it does have gospel choirs on it... barely noticeable, yes, but they're there =P
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: gospel choir on 'The '59 Sound' album?   gospel choir on 'The '59 Sound' album? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 5:04 pm

Bea wrote:
but it does have gospel choirs on it... barely noticeable, yes, but they're there =P

I know, I only just noticed this a few weeks ago!
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: gospel choir on 'The '59 Sound' album?   gospel choir on 'The '59 Sound' album? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 10:02 am

simo wrote:
Bea wrote:

as I'm happy to be proved wrong, let's have the track number and position (mins:secs) for the gospel choir please.

Last edited by steady now steady now on Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

PostSubject: gospel choir on 'The '59 Sound' album?   gospel choir on 'The '59 Sound' album? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 10:33 am

if Once Upon a Time counts as being a part of the album, then there you have your Gospel choirs. if it's not a song of the album, then I'm wrong.

at first i thought the Gospel choirs were in High Lonesome or Even Cowgirls or some other song that has female background vocals that i don't remember, but then i realized it was probably Hollie or some other girl that was credited on the album...

i'll have to give another listen to the album.. tell you later!
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: gospel choir on 'The '59 Sound' album?   gospel choir on 'The '59 Sound' album? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 10:44 am

Bea wrote:
if Once Upon a Time counts as being a part of the album, then there you have your Gospel choirs. if it's not a song of the album, then I'm wrong.

at first i thought the Gospel choirs were in High Lonesome or Even Cowgirls or some other song that has female background vocals that i don't remember, but then i realized it was probably Hollie or some other girl that was credited on the album...

i'll have to give another listen to the album.. tell you later!

as OUaT is on the Japanses edition, it does count as being on the album, but that ain't now gospel choir, that's a few people singing background vocals

it sure don't sound anything like this

that said, what Brian actually said about the album at the Knitting Factory is: "it's got gospel singers on it - unreal"; so I stand corrected in any case
Back to top Go down
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

PostSubject: Re: gospel choir on 'The '59 Sound' album?   gospel choir on 'The '59 Sound' album? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 1:00 pm

there's a gospel choir on that song!

alright, it isn't 30 people singing, this is a mini choir... but still, where's the rule that says a gospel choir has to be made of x number of people?

besides, i'm not an expert in gospel choirs, but i'm pretty sure they don't sound all the same jocolor

ps: 'OUat' just sounds funny Razz
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: gospel choir on 'The '59 Sound' album?   gospel choir on 'The '59 Sound' album? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 4:57 pm

simo wrote:
Bea wrote:

as I'm happy to be proved wrong, let's have the track number and position (mins:secs) for the gospel choir please.

Even Cowgirls Get the Blues
Back to top Go down
brianisbae
A Contender
A Contender
brianisbae

PostSubject: Re: gospel choir on 'The '59 Sound' album?   gospel choir on 'The '59 Sound' album? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 8:25 pm

Great Expectations! "humming a song from 1962..."
Back to top Go down
thecosmickid
Wooderson
Wooderson
thecosmickid

PostSubject: Re: gospel choir on 'The '59 Sound' album?   gospel choir on 'The '59 Sound' album? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 8:15 am

PunkRockAbe wrote:

But that's not gospel..? scratch
Back to top Go down
moosicmaniac
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: gospel choir on 'The '59 Sound' album?   gospel choir on 'The '59 Sound' album? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 5:19 pm

the easiest place to hear it in Cowgirls is on the "Can I get a witness pretty baby" line
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: gospel choir on 'The '59 Sound' album?   gospel choir on 'The '59 Sound' album? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 12:42 am

PunkRockAbe wrote:

Yes, that is a line from the song Great Expectations. If you think that line includes a gospel choir, it's time to get your ears checked.
Back to top Go down
brianisbae
A Contender
A Contender
brianisbae

PostSubject: Re: gospel choir on 'The '59 Sound' album?   gospel choir on 'The '59 Sound' album? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 7:03 pm

Well thanks for the sarcasm >.< but i mean during that part in the background, funny how the night moves. Maybe not a gospel choir then. But it's something i guess, I haven't been able to hear it anywhere else on the album
Back to top Go down
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

PostSubject: Re: gospel choir on 'The '59 Sound' album?   gospel choir on 'The '59 Sound' album? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2011 9:14 pm

all i hear are some far away 'uuuh uuh' in the background sang by some girl/s on that part.. don't know if that's what you mean, but i don't hear gospel there either
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: gospel choir on 'The '59 Sound' album?   gospel choir on 'The '59 Sound' album? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 4:11 pm

do I regret starting this? just remember, it's not actually a gospel choir we are looking for, it's gospel singers
Back to top Go down
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

PostSubject: Re: gospel choir on 'The '59 Sound' album?   gospel choir on 'The '59 Sound' album? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 4:36 pm

Gia Ciambotti and Kim Yarbrough could be considered the gospel singers Brian mentioned, right? they sure have great voices
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: gospel choir on 'The '59 Sound' album?   gospel choir on 'The '59 Sound' album? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

gospel choir on 'The '59 Sound' album?
Page 1 of 1