DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Artwork for AMERICAN SLANG: AMAZING!!!!!

Go down 
+31
joeleitz
Pip
Asleepontheforestfloor
Johnny99
El Jefe
Little Eden
lynchyeatspizza
simo
colmillionaire
divoz
RobertODonnell
PFREEZY
andy.mac
Stevearm
Prisoner
borrowedcar
Jack
steph
ral
IKeeptheDiner
Chels
Ryan
Down by the Mersey
thecosmickid
Daire
drifter69
ktp
DaveSavedTheDay
steady now steady now
Palmer89
Luca Chinaski
35 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
sidekicksuicide
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
sidekicksuicide

Artwork for AMERICAN SLANG: AMAZING!!!!! - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Artwork for AMERICAN SLANG: AMAZING!!!!!   Artwork for AMERICAN SLANG: AMAZING!!!!! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 9:46 pm

Woo! El Jefe! We're on two of the same forums now! (this & GP)
Back to top Go down
verbos
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
verbos

PostSubject: Re: Artwork for AMERICAN SLANG: AMAZING!!!!!   Artwork for AMERICAN SLANG: AMAZING!!!!! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 11:21 pm

This album sleeve seems to be very love-it-or-hate-it judging by the comments here ever since it's been posted. Personally, I think it's great and being a Jersey native I really dig the vibe of it. Nice job, Jefe. Not sure why the other half don't simply dislike it, they pretty much hate it. I mean, what's there to hate? You may not agree with the design but the flat out "shittiest cover I've ever seen" stuff I just don't get. Discuss amongst ya-selves, and feel free to enlighten me on the hate.
Back to top Go down
ksupilot
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Artwork for AMERICAN SLANG: AMAZING!!!!!   Artwork for AMERICAN SLANG: AMAZING!!!!! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 3:31 am

Love the cover. I think if you are from the area it takes on more meaning. Everyone from NJ knows about Old Barney and has been there or seen it in person at least once.

However, I cannot tell which bridge that is...is it the Brooklyn Bridge or GWB? There are so many into NYC it may be impossible to tell.
Back to top Go down
Johnny99
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Artwork for AMERICAN SLANG: AMAZING!!!!!   Artwork for AMERICAN SLANG: AMAZING!!!!! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 3:35 am

its the manhattan bridge
Back to top Go down
andy.mac
Wooderson
Wooderson
andy.mac

PostSubject: Re: Artwork for AMERICAN SLANG: AMAZING!!!!!   Artwork for AMERICAN SLANG: AMAZING!!!!! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 5:39 am

the only thing i don't really like is the car - it looks like someone has picked a random car off the street and taken a photo of it

if you want to see a real car in an albums artwork check out the car the dudes from from social d are in in their somewhere between heaven and hell booklet
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Artwork for AMERICAN SLANG: AMAZING!!!!!   Artwork for AMERICAN SLANG: AMAZING!!!!! - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Artwork for AMERICAN SLANG: AMAZING!!!!!
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4