DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

'Rumble Fish' (movie)

Go down 
+8
andy.mac
Janet
Daggar Slade
Daire
DaveSavedTheDay
JoshRaymond
JadedGoober7
steady now steady now
12 posters
AuthorMessage
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

'Rumble Fish' (movie) Empty
PostSubject: 'Rumble Fish' (movie)   'Rumble Fish' (movie) Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 8:59 am

Last night I watched 'Rumble Fish' for the first time. It is a 1983 movie by Francis Ford Coppola about two brothers. It's got diners, motorcycles, girls, love, fights, male bonding, and so on. It's shot in black and white (inspiration having been drawn from German expressionist movies), and it's full of symbolism.

Why mention it here? Because as I was watching it, I thought that if the Gaslight Anthem had written/made a movie, this would have been it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
JadedGoober7
A Contender
A Contender
JadedGoober7

PostSubject: Re: 'Rumble Fish' (movie)   'Rumble Fish' (movie) Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 2:34 pm

Not to mention it stars just about every single famous actor ever!
Back to top Go down
JoshRaymond
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JoshRaymond

PostSubject: Re: 'Rumble Fish' (movie)   'Rumble Fish' (movie) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 9:23 am

Who's in it?
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: 'Rumble Fish' (movie)   'Rumble Fish' (movie) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 9:52 am

JoshRaymond wrote:
Who's in it?

JadedGoober7 might be carried away a bit here, but the following are in it:

Matt Dillon
Mickey Rourke
Diane Lane
Vincent Spano
Nicolas Cage
Dennis Hopper
Laurence Fishburne
Chris Penn
Back to top Go down
DaveSavedTheDay
A Contender
A Contender
DaveSavedTheDay

PostSubject: Re: 'Rumble Fish' (movie)   'Rumble Fish' (movie) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 12:43 pm

So, I watched this last night because I saw this topic and it was wiiillld. Really just "cool."
Back to top Go down
http://www.scheponik.com
Daire
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Daire

PostSubject: Re: 'Rumble Fish' (movie)   'Rumble Fish' (movie) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 3:51 pm

Ever seen The Outsiders?? SoS GA reminds me of that movie. It also has an outstanding cast:

Quote :

The Outsiders is noted for being the breakout film of many future stars. The movie earned C. Thomas Howell a Young Artist Award, became the first Brat Pack movie (with Rob Lowe and Emilio Estevez cast as supporting Greasers), and further established the careers of Matt Dillon, Tom Cruise, Patrick Swayze, Ralph Macchio, and Diane Lane. Both Lane and Dillon went on to appear in Coppola's related film Rumble Fish.
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: 'Rumble Fish' (movie)   'Rumble Fish' (movie) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 4:06 pm

Daire wrote:
Ever seen The Outsiders?? SoS GA reminds me of that movie.

Thanks. I'll watch it. I see both 'Rumble Fish' and 'The Outsiders' are based on novels by S.E. Hinton.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 'Rumble Fish' (movie)   'Rumble Fish' (movie) Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 8:54 am

You should read the book Rumble Fish. And The Outsiders. S.E. Hinton is a great author. There's a couple more books that are mainly about the same things as Rumble Fish and The Outsiders. They're called "Tex" and "That Was Then This Is Now". Sorry, I read waaaaay too much.
Back to top Go down
Daggar Slade
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Daggar Slade

PostSubject: Re: 'Rumble Fish' (movie)   'Rumble Fish' (movie) Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 6:21 pm

stepsandnumbers wrote:
You should read the book Rumble Fish. And The Outsiders. S.E. Hinton is a great author. There's a couple more books that are mainly about the same things as Rumble Fish and The Outsiders. They're called "Tex" and "That Was Then This Is Now". Sorry, I read waaaaay too much.
I came to this thread to post this exact same thing. S.E. Hinton is definitely one of my favorites. She's beyond badass.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 'Rumble Fish' (movie)   'Rumble Fish' (movie) Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 7:23 pm

Daggar Slade wrote:
stepsandnumbers wrote:
I came to this thread to post this exact same thing. S.E. Hinton is definitely one of my favorites. She's beyond badass.

Yeah! Glad you agree!
Back to top Go down
Janet
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Janet

PostSubject: Re: 'Rumble Fish' (movie)   'Rumble Fish' (movie) Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 10:02 pm

The Outsiders is one of my favorite books. I've read it a bunch of times and it still gets to me. I read alot of SE Hinton's books when I was younger haha
Back to top Go down
andy.mac
Wooderson
Wooderson
andy.mac

PostSubject: Re: 'Rumble Fish' (movie)   'Rumble Fish' (movie) Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 10:02 am

Cool.

Will check out the movie, Francis Ford Coppola is always pretty good.

Will check out the author too. I love books that were turned into movies.
Back to top Go down
ann_mac913
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
ann_mac913

PostSubject: Re: 'Rumble Fish' (movie)   'Rumble Fish' (movie) Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 10:20 am

Outsiders-is one of my favorites too...I think the Outsiders movie is one of the best adaptations of a book (ever), how many times do you see a film and think, the book is so much better...not the case here, stays really true to the novel, it prob. didn't hurt that s.e. hinton was a consultant on the film...it also amazes me that she was about 16 when she wrote the outsiders....
Back to top Go down
loazis
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
loazis

PostSubject: Re: 'Rumble Fish' (movie)   'Rumble Fish' (movie) Icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 9:31 am

I just read Rumble Fish in a single sweep in the train yesterday, oh how I love books about fucked up kids = )
Back to top Go down
Jay
A Contender
A Contender
Jay

PostSubject: Re: 'Rumble Fish' (movie)   'Rumble Fish' (movie) Icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 7:20 pm

Just looked at the IMBD and Tom Waits is in it! Awesome!
Back to top Go down
fullcollapse
Wooderson
Wooderson
fullcollapse

PostSubject: Re: 'Rumble Fish' (movie)   'Rumble Fish' (movie) Icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 8:13 pm

I haven't seen Rumble Fish in many years. I love it. Need to break it out again for sure.
Back to top Go down
loazis
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
loazis

PostSubject: Re: 'Rumble Fish' (movie)   'Rumble Fish' (movie) Icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 9:02 am

Jay wrote:
Just looked at the IMBD and Tom Waits is in it! Awesome!
Yeah, he plays a minor role as barkeeper =)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 'Rumble Fish' (movie)   'Rumble Fish' (movie) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

'Rumble Fish' (movie)
Page 1 of 1