DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ryan Adams

Go down 
+32
cdala
SirBrad
MKULTRA
The Last Jukebox Romeo
bt211
Thunder Peel
Jack
Shrewsbury_Stars
Steve70s
borrowedcar
nebraska
DeathoftheCool
redheadchick
LaGuitarLady
J_Bizness
Jerseyrain
TheEmptyBones
thebends
ThisMachineKillsFascists
Matilda Noir
Rock bus
The Angry Johnny Revue
Greydiamonddesert
I am Incinerator
shuffle
jeffrey2
drifter69
GraveRobbers
loazis
Forum Owner
JoshRaymond
ambrose
36 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Steve70s
Wooderson
Wooderson
Steve70s

Ryan Adams - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ryan Adams   Ryan Adams - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2014 11:31 am

https://youtu.be/9NlhC7F8CFU
Back to top Go down
Steve70s
Wooderson
Wooderson
Steve70s

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Adams   Ryan Adams - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2014 11:33 am

Back to top Go down
MKULTRA
Wooderson
Wooderson
MKULTRA

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Adams   Ryan Adams - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 10:31 pm

Anybody get this 1984 7 inch?

Sounds pretty cool on YouTube
Back to top Go down
The Angry Johnny Revue
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
The Angry Johnny Revue

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Adams   Ryan Adams - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 10:45 pm

Have always had nothing but pure and utter hatred for Dave Hause's voice but that was a pretty mean cover. Interesting choice too given the songs only been out for a couple of months.

Have had 1984 on repeat all day. Seriously think it's his best record since Rock n Roll. Got me very excited for self titled even though I suspect I won't enjoy it nearly half as much.
Back to top Go down
MKULTRA
Wooderson
Wooderson
MKULTRA

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Adams   Ryan Adams - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2014 12:51 am

The Angry Johnny Revue wrote:
Have always had nothing but pure and utter hatred for Dave Hause's voice

just a voice, man
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Adams   Ryan Adams - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2014 1:48 am

i want to find the lyrics for 1984. great collection of tunes. When the Summer Ends fucking rips. I also really like what I've heard from the self titled album coming out. It's got a really strong Tom Petty style rock vibe, which I love hearing from Ryan. The ultra-slow folk ballads can get a little boring after a while
Back to top Go down
SirBrad
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Adams   Ryan Adams - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2014 1:11 pm

Got 3rd row tix to see him in Upper Darby in November. Pumped!

I received 1984 in the mail but haven't given it a spin yet. Love Gimme Something Good though.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/bradmhouser
Steve70s
Wooderson
Wooderson
Steve70s

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Adams   Ryan Adams - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2014 3:42 pm

why have I only just found out about 1984? Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
bt211
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Adams   Ryan Adams - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2014 8:00 am

NPR First Listen just up  Very Happy
http://www.npr.org/series/98679384/first-listen
Back to top Go down
cdala
A Contender
A Contender
cdala

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Adams   Ryan Adams - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2014 11:22 am

thanks for the heads up!
Back to top Go down
SirBrad
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Adams   Ryan Adams - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2014 12:56 pm

this sound fantastic. I loved the Cardinals era, but it's nice hearing a different sound.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/bradmhouser
The Last Jukebox Romeo
Wooderson
Wooderson
The Last Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Adams   Ryan Adams - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2014 12:57 pm

bt211 wrote:
NPR First Listen just up  Very Happy
http://www.npr.org/series/98679384/first-listen

Hug
Back to top Go down
Hanswurst
Wooderson
Wooderson
Hanswurst

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Adams   Ryan Adams - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2014 8:31 am

new record soso good Smile
awesome production style, too
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Adams   Ryan Adams - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2014 4:09 pm

It took me by surprise at first because I was expecting something rootsier and more like My Wrecking Ball (which is my favorite song on the record, btw) but it's still very good.
Back to top Go down
http://roseboulevard.bandcamp.com
bt211
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Adams   Ryan Adams - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2014 10:19 pm

Went to see Ryan Adams at the Wang Theater in Boston last night. It was absolutely stellar. Perfect sound and a beautiful setting. I just wish people wouldn't shout out "yeahs" and other even more stupid stuff in between or during songs.
Butch Walker was the opener and awesome as well.

Ryan Adams - Page 4 15645056558_2f25cc0628

Ryan Adams - Page 4 15644669809_23358b9cfc
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Adams   Ryan Adams - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2014 3:46 pm

Just saw him in Philly (well, technically Upper Darby, but yeah) last night. It was definitely a good show. He is amazingly hilarious live with his banter between songs. And it's completely spontaneous since he'll respond to what people are shouting out.

There was an awkward moment where he had to request someone stop using flash on their camera (keep in mind there were signs posted everywhere that there was NO FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY) because he has Meniere's disease and lights fuck with him and give him incredible vertigo and head pain and nausea. He even said "when I fuck up on the guitar it's directly correlated to that." And I did notice he flubbed a chord or two during the previous song. He very politely asked her to stop and then said she was doing nothing wrong and had everyone give her a round of applause.

However, she kept doing it and (egregiously) kept doing it during Oh My Sweet Carolina (which was the one song I really really wanted him to play) to the point where he had to stop mid-song and reprimand her, yelling and saying he just told her to stop and that he can't play if people are flashing lights in his face. Luckily it stopped after that and they started the song again.

It does really bother me when people are selfish like that during a show and end up ruining stuff for everyone else, so I thought I'd share. All in all a really good show, especially when he picked up an acoustic guitar, whether it was solo or as a part of the band (like in the aforementioned Oh My Sweet Carolina or Come Pick Me Up, which he closed with).
Back to top Go down
http://roseboulevard.bandcamp.com
Steve70s
Wooderson
Wooderson
Steve70s

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Adams   Ryan Adams - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2014 4:13 pm

He really does seem to attract idiots to his shows - in London in September people couldn't resist talking loudly during the slow songs.

But none of them talked that much when he wheeled Johhny Depp out for the encore.
Back to top Go down
The_River
A Contender
A Contender
The_River

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Adams   Ryan Adams - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2015 11:29 am

Missed the new self-titled record until right now, and it's absolutely wonderful.
Back to top Go down
NotLikeWeBleed
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Adams   Ryan Adams - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2015 1:34 pm

Thanks guys. Just hearing the new stuff since i saw this thread. Kim is a jam.
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Adams   Ryan Adams - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2015 3:08 pm

I can't believe I haven't commented on this yet!

I've never been a huge Ryan Adams fan but since his record came out I've just been absolutely blown away. It's phenomenal in every way, the whole romantic, esoteric reverb rock is so up my alley.

Brilliant record.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Adams   Ryan Adams - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ryan Adams
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4