DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Gaslight to take Ryan Gosling on tour?

Go down 
+2
NeverTrustAJunkie
enola
6 posters
AuthorMessage
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

Gaslight to take Ryan Gosling on tour? Empty
PostSubject: Gaslight to take Ryan Gosling on tour?   Gaslight to take Ryan Gosling on tour? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2013 3:46 pm

Well his band apparently....
Funny, what the media makes out of an instagram post these days Wink

http://www.nme.com/news/the-gaslight-anthem--2/71632
http://instagram.com/p/cH-RtWtdhI/
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight to take Ryan Gosling on tour?   Gaslight to take Ryan Gosling on tour? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2013 4:31 pm

Hmmm. I have always kinda referred Gaslight Anthem to Nirvana. Kinda. Obliviously not like popularity, or anything like that "TGA is going to be the next Nirvana!". Maybe sometime even I thinked about that, but I dont really know these days...or even care. But. The thing about it was when Kurt Cobain was alive he had these bands that no one knew and he loved them like some people love The Beatles or Led Zeppelin. Like The Vaselines or Jesus Lizard. And what ive understood he sometimes just say to the bands things like "Hey I like your band very much. Wanna come tour with us?". Like what Brian did at that post. And of course cover their songs. So at least to me TGA's warmup bands and covers have made a lot of bands alot more popular and I propably have never know those bands. As Nirvana did in their day and as I found alot of bands because of them. Of course theres some differences, but still. Sonic Youth is a great band, but how many people would have really got to know them without Nirvana?
And ""We're searching for something new to do with songwriting, rather than just piecing together verses and choruses in more of a traditional sense. We're looking for some other thing – not some other genre, but something else. And it might not be the favourite of everyone, but [it] might be the 'weird' album coming up. I'm pretty sure it is."
Sounds like what Cobain was saying about the album that should have come after In Utero. Especially the first line. Sadly that album never came. And to continue offtopic I must say that TGA's Sliver cover was a really bad song choice. I am secretly Randy Jackson, but dont tell anyone...
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight to take Ryan Gosling on tour?   Gaslight to take Ryan Gosling on tour? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2013 5:04 pm

I'm sorry, did you just say that people wouldn't know Sonic Youth if it wasn't for Nirvana? It was the other way round actually ...
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight to take Ryan Gosling on tour?   Gaslight to take Ryan Gosling on tour? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2013 6:01 pm

enola wrote:
I'm sorry, did you just say that people wouldn't know Sonic Youth if it wasn't for Nirvana? It was the other way round actually ...

I didnt say that. I know that Geffen first signed Sonic Youth before Nirvana and of course they've been a long time before Nirvana and been a succesful at underground/indie circles. And they took Nirvana to support them in Europe...but in my opinion Sonic Youth got alot of visibility or something like that when Nirvana got succesful (and a lot of other bands). Maybe I am the wrong person to judge these things, cause I didnt live that time, but thats what i've always thought. I for example propably havent got a clue about SY without Nirvana...
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight to take Ryan Gosling on tour?   Gaslight to take Ryan Gosling on tour? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2013 9:48 pm

I'm not sure how that relates to an amusing Instagram post? scratch I'm lost.
Back to top Go down
colmillionaire
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
colmillionaire

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight to take Ryan Gosling on tour?   Gaslight to take Ryan Gosling on tour? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2013 12:17 am

Brian said it jokingly. At least that is my interpretation of the post. But then NME reported it as news, which is kind of silly. Would be a great tour though, love for that to happen.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/Colmillionaire
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight to take Ryan Gosling on tour?   Gaslight to take Ryan Gosling on tour? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2013 1:53 am

colmillionaire wrote:
Brian said it jokingly. At least that is my interpretation of the post. But then NME reported it as news, which is kind of silly. Would be a great tour though, love for that to happen.

I wish it would happen! Although, I don't know if I'd be able to handle the gorgeousness of Brian AND Ryan at the same time. Razz I love you Very Happy
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight to take Ryan Gosling on tour?   Gaslight to take Ryan Gosling on tour? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2013 3:01 am

StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
colmillionaire wrote:

I wish it would happen! Although, I don't know if I'd be able to handle the gorgeousness of Brian AND Ryan at the same time. Razz I love you Very Happy

I couldn't. And that is why this tour can never happen. Even in jest. Let us never speak of it again.
Back to top Go down
rotmitweißenpunkten
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight to take Ryan Gosling on tour?   Gaslight to take Ryan Gosling on tour? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2013 5:40 am

Sami wrote:
Hmmm. I have always kinda referred Gaslight Anthem to Nirvana. Kinda. Obliviously not like popularity, or anything like that "TGA is going to be the next Nirvana!". Maybe sometime even I thinked about that, but I dont really know these days...or even care. But. The thing about it was when Kurt Cobain was alive he had these bands that no one knew and he loved them like some people love The Beatles or Led Zeppelin. Like The Vaselines or Jesus Lizard. And what ive understood he sometimes just say to the bands things like "Hey I like your band very much. Wanna come tour with us?". Like what Brian did at that post. And of course cover their songs. So at least to me TGA's warmup bands and covers have made a lot of bands alot more popular and I propably have never know those bands. As Nirvana did in their day and as I found alot of bands because of them. Of course theres some differences, but still. Sonic Youth is a great band, but how many people would have really got to know them without Nirvana?
And ""We're searching for something new to do with songwriting, rather than just piecing together verses and choruses in more of a traditional sense. We're looking for some other thing – not some other genre, but something else. And it might not be the favourite of everyone, but [it] might be the 'weird' album coming up. I'm pretty sure it is."
Sounds like what Cobain was saying about the album that should have come after In Utero. Especially the first line. Sadly that album never came. And to continue offtopic I must say that TGA's Sliver cover was a really bad song choice. I am secretly Randy Jackson, but dont tell anyone...

funny that you say that. i allways have a kind of tga-nirvana connection in my head also. i don't know what it is, but there is just something...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight to take Ryan Gosling on tour?   Gaslight to take Ryan Gosling on tour? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2013 9:49 am

rotmitweißenpunkten wrote:
Sami wrote:

funny that you say that. i allways have a kind of tga-nirvana connection in my head also. i don't know what it is, but there is just something...

Finally somebody jocolor . Last time I was trying to make TGA-Nirvana and Brian Fallon-Kurt Cobain connection (maybe kinda in a weird/stupid way, but Im not taking my words back) somebody immeadiately throw the 'junkiecard' on the table Rolling Eyes ...
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight to take Ryan Gosling on tour?   Gaslight to take Ryan Gosling on tour? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2013 12:44 pm

NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:
StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
colmillionaire wrote:

I couldn't. And that is why this tour can never happen. Even in jest. Let us never speak of it again.

Haha, Brian's serious about it apparently Shocked. At least that's what he says on instagram.
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight to take Ryan Gosling on tour?   Gaslight to take Ryan Gosling on tour? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 4:20 am

i would DEFINITELY go that show, just saw the Showtime preview for new show smth w Liev Schrieber...anyways it had Dead Man's Bones music and i thought HOLY FUCK WHY HAVE I NOT LISTENED TO THEM IN SO LONG. FUCKBALLS.

the end
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight to take Ryan Gosling on tour?   Gaslight to take Ryan Gosling on tour? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gaslight to take Ryan Gosling on tour?
Page 1 of 1