DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ryan's Mixtape

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ryan
A Contender
A Contender
Ryan

Ryan's Mixtape Empty
PostSubject: Ryan's Mixtape   Ryan's Mixtape Icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 2:29 pm

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7YJ8R4U7

I'm not really a massive punk guy. Other than The Gaslight Anthem and another couple of punk bands, I'm more of an alternative rock guy. Although I near enough listen to everything other than most pop and rap etc.

These definately aren't my six favourite bands. Instead I've tried to sum up my taste in music in six songs, which is rather difficult! Anyway hopefully at least some of you will find something you like although I would doubt it.

Genesis - Throwing it all Away
Phil Collins' group Genesis. Probably known best for his drumming but has a brilliant voice which I love. This is a live version of the song with a good crowd and it really sum up what these guys are about.

The Enemy - You're Not Alone
A band that I've really only got into recently. I had heard a couple of their songs here and there but didn't really get hooked until I bought there first album and heard this song. Again I love Tom Clarke's rather unique voice.

Big Country - We're Not in Kansas
You really have to give these guys a listen. I was slightly suprised they hadn't already been mentioned on this forum. This is one of my top 3 bands and this is by far my favourite song and possibly my favourite song of all time.

Feeder - Tell All Your Friends
Before I got into TGA this was my favourite band. I heard one of there songs as the soundtrack to a film and have loved them since. I found it hard picking a song as I have so many favourite's and in retrospect could have possibly picked a better one as you may not instantly get hooked to this.

Simple Minds - Let There be Love
Found one of their albums in my dad's CD collection just over a year ago and instantly loved this song.

Bee Gees - First of May
A song I heard a lot when I was younger but never knew anything about the band. Took me quite a while to find this song again when I was older and I fell in love with the rest of the album.
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

Ryan's Mixtape Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ryan's Mixtape   Ryan's Mixtape Icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 6:21 am

"in a big country" is a great song haha...i used to hear it all the time on my favorite 80s station...dont know much of their other stuff, though. ill try to download this when i can!
Back to top Go down

Ryan's Mixtape
Page 1 of 1