DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Bouncing Souls

Go down 
+40
NeverTrustAJunkie
thebiglebowski
bringiton
njguy99
Klown
StitchesOnTheRadio
sickgirl
Casey
simo
drifter69
acousticbandit
DiamondSinatra
TGAforLIFE
Stalls_Standing
Daire
LuceroDiehard
Shrewsbury_Stars
PFREEZY
fullcollapse
CluckyB
kieran
Better Sense
loazis
gp
El Jefe
lynchyeatspizza
Johnny99
J_Schooly
colmillionaire
Jeff
Turn the Casanova On
Dan_Dog
LBAZ
stephendgaf
liveit
laurendelore
lhdez
JoshRaymond
ambrose
Jukebox Romeo
44 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
colmillionaire
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
colmillionaire

The Bouncing Souls - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Bouncing Souls   The Bouncing Souls - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 1:42 pm

It was a change, something that they desperately crave (at least Greg craves change)/need right now.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/Colmillionaire
TGAforLIFE
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
TGAforLIFE

PostSubject: Re: The Bouncing Souls   The Bouncing Souls - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 11:37 pm

No way...a new Bouncing Souls record?! And a 2012 tour?!?

Anyone that can go, should go, and those that do go...I will be extremely jealous of!!

http://www.bouncingsouls.com/home.html

I love me some Bouncing Souls! bounce
Back to top Go down
colmillionaire
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
colmillionaire

PostSubject: Re: The Bouncing Souls   The Bouncing Souls - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2012 2:30 am

Souls were in rare form tonight. Setlist was immaculate. I don't remember what it was, but it was awesome!

Cheap Girls were great too and played all of my favorite tunes. When Ian said they had 2 songs left Souls fans started to "Ole" during those songs. Fuck that...
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

PostSubject: Re: The Bouncing Souls   The Bouncing Souls - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2012 3:29 am

colmillionaire wrote:
Souls were in rare form tonight. Setlist was immaculate. I don't remember what it was, but it was awesome!

Cheap Girls were great too and played all of my favorite tunes. When Ian said they had 2 songs left Souls fans started to "Ole" during those songs. Fuck that...

Kinda surprising. Wouldn't expect Souls fans to be the douchey kind... I can tolerate people who talk in the back or stuff like that during opening bands. I mean fine, you came to see a different band. But talking up front is bad enough, chanting for the headliner while the opening act is still out there? That is beyond rude.

Can't wait for the tour with the Menzingers though. Easily my most anticipated tour of the summer (alongside Gaslight of course). Kinda wish it was just "Play Hopeless Romantic and How I Spent My Summer Vacation straight through" but they have enough other good stuff it still should be awesome. Smile
Back to top Go down
TGAforLIFE
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
TGAforLIFE

PostSubject: Re: The Bouncing Souls   The Bouncing Souls - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2012 8:18 pm

CluckyB wrote:
colmillionaire wrote:

Kinda surprising. Wouldn't expect Souls fans to be the douchey kind... I can tolerate people who talk in the back or stuff like that during opening bands. I mean fine, you came to see a different band. But talking up front is bad enough, chanting for the headliner while the opening act is still out there? That is beyond rude.

Can't wait for the tour with the Menzingers though. Easily my most anticipated tour of the summer (alongside Gaslight of course). Kinda wish it was just "Play Hopeless Romantic and How I Spent My Summer Vacation straight through" but they have enough other good stuff it still should be awesome. Smile

Yeah, I'd have to agree. That's too bad the crowd was all douchey like that. No That is beyond rude indeed.

Probably my favorite Souls song...although, it really is hard to pick a favorite.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EN0ukXOG-XA
Back to top Go down
DiamondSinatra
A Contender
A Contender
DiamondSinatra

PostSubject: Re: The Bouncing Souls   The Bouncing Souls - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 2:09 am

I joined in with the Oles cause I thought they said that was their last song I shut up when I heard them start again. Still an amazing show. I think my first official punk show (if you don't count Gaslight)

Thoughts on the new record - I am in love with Coin Toss Girl. I got the vinyl and it's just...gah. I will say it isn't as lighthearted as some of their other work.

Back to top Go down
http://www.robdirienzo.com
colmillionaire
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
colmillionaire

PostSubject: Re: The Bouncing Souls   The Bouncing Souls - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 2:21 am

Bumming me out cgc....

Still haven't checked out Comet. Gotta do that soon. They played an awesome mix from all of the albums. They also just announced a show at the Brooklyn Bowl. Gonna hit that one up too. Wish that Cheap Girls were on the summer tour as well.
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

PostSubject: Re: The Bouncing Souls   The Bouncing Souls - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 2:39 am

colmillionaire wrote:
Bumming me out cgc....

Still haven't checked out Comet. Gotta do that soon. They played an awesome mix from all of the albums. They also just announced a show at the Brooklyn Bowl. Gonna hit that one up too. Wish that Cheap Girls were on the summer tour as well.

Its pretty good. Doesn't top Impossible Past or Exister, certainly doesn't top the likes of Hopeless Romantic of Summer Vacation, but its still a very good album.

It has an interesting mix of stuff. There is stuff like Coin Toss Girl that is trying, and comes reasonably close to being vintage Souls but still feels like its missing something. Then there is stuff like Baptized that sorta sounds like the Gold Record but is really more its own generic but still good punk rock sound. Favorite is probably We Love Fun. Its just almost pointless lyrics but spun up into pure jam form like Bullying the Jukebox. bounce

But yeah. Opinion will probably change as I listen to it more, but currently figure its probably gonna be a top ten on the year but not a top five.

Back to top Go down
acousticbandit
Wooderson
Wooderson
acousticbandit

PostSubject: Re: The Bouncing Souls   The Bouncing Souls - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 10:41 am

went to the show in dc last night. really great mix of songs, though they were kind of dicks to a guy holding a JOE LIES sign. had me feeling pretty nostalgic for high school haha.
Back to top Go down
drifter69
Wooderson
Wooderson
drifter69

PostSubject: Re: The Bouncing Souls   The Bouncing Souls - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 11:40 am

Loving the new album, seems to me that their just getting better with each album.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mafiamusic.proboards99.com
LuceroDiehard
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
LuceroDiehard

PostSubject: Re: The Bouncing Souls   The Bouncing Souls - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 2:05 pm

All Hopped Up

After two decades, Bouncing Souls have still got the jump on the pop-punk scene

http://www.folioweekly.com/folio0612wkl027.php

Written by Nick McGregor

Published June 12, 2012

THE BOUNCING SOULS with

THE MENZINGERS and LUTHER

Monday, June 18 at 7 p.m.

Freebird Live, 200 N. First St., Jax Beach

Tickets are $16

246-2473

Punk rock’s aversion to change can be viewed as a negative or a positive. Critics deride the genre for hewing to the standard three-chord line. But devoted punk fans treasure consistency above all else. That’s why New Jersey quartet The Bouncing Souls has thrived since the late 1980s. Incubated in the notorious basement scene of New Brunswick, the band has changed members only once, parting with original drummer Shal Khichi in 1999. They’re even still traveling in “White Castle,” the junky Ford box truck that’s clocked well over 300,000 miles on the road.

The Bouncing Souls have changed things up ever so slightly this year, recording “Comet,” their ninth studio album, with celebrated punk producer and former The Descendents and Black Flag drummer Bill Stevenson. “Comet” is still full of The Bouncing Souls’ upbeat, energetic, fist-pumping anthems — and that’s fist-pumping in the original hardcore sense of the word. After all, The Bouncing Souls have been plying their punk-rock trade since The Situation was still in diapers.

Folio Weekly caught up with bassist Bryan Kienlen to talk self-released material, waving the Garden State flag and living in the moment.

Folio Weekly: You just got back from Europe and then played The Bamboozle Festival in your New Jersey backyard. That must have been a nice prelude to the crazy summer tour you have planned.

Bryan Kienlen: It was great. That was our second time overseas this year, and we’re going back at the end of the summer. We’re maniacs. But man, I wish I could ride my beach cruiser to every show like we did at Bamboozle.

F.W.: Your new album, “Comet,” was recorded with acclaimed producer Bill Stevenson in Colorado. What was that experience like?

B.K.: Inspiring from start to finish. I don’t know how we went this long without working with Bill. He’s an absolute genius, and part of his genius is how he’s assembled a few other geniuses working symbiotically in his studio. We were able to get a lot done in a short amount of time because we set out to make a simple, direct punk record — nothing extravagant, no over-bloated budgets, just real, DIY, simple and old-school.

F.W.: Most Bouncing Souls albums have been released on the band’s own label, Chunksaah Records. But you’re doing “Comet” jointly as well with Rise Records. Why?

B.K.: We just want as many people as possible to know about and hear this record. They’re very well equipped at spreading the word, so it feels like a really great partnership.

F.W.: In the early days, was self-releasing all about just getting your music out to fans without waiting on label support?

B.K.: I couldn’t have said it better myself. We didn’t want too many hands in the pot telling us what to do. Early on, we realized we were wasting our time waiting on help. So we just borrowed money from friends and did it ourselves.

F.W.: Long before “Jersey Shore” mucked up the Garden State’s reputation, you guys were vocal adherents of your New Jersey stomping grounds. Have you had to disprove stereotypes from the get-go?

B.K.: Even as far back as the beginning of The Bouncing Souls, we were catching sh*t about being from New Jersey. So you create that attitude: “Yeah, I’m from Jersey — f*ck you.” You get tired of people thinking about only Bon Jovi and Bruce Springsteen. It’s a lot of fun representing New Jersey. Telling people to f*ck off fits like a glove.

F.W.: The Bouncing Souls have been at this for almost 25 years. Is there an endpoint in sight? Or do things feel just as fresh as they did at the beginning?

B.K.: We get the same rush from every show that we’ve always gotten — that’s what we keep coming back for. As long as we keep having fun, we’ll keep doing it. Our whole deal has been never spending too much time dwelling on the future. We try to make the most of the moment — if the moment’s good, we go. “Comet” is like a big gust of wind in our sails that’s going to carry us through the next year or two. We’re stoked to spread the word about this record and just play it like a motherf*cker.

Nick McGregor

themail@folioweekly.comThe Bouncing Souls - Page 4 Musicb_bouncingsouls
Back to top Go down
http://bobbyw24.tumblr.com/archive
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: The Bouncing Souls   The Bouncing Souls - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 2:11 pm

Comet is alright. Nothing stood out to me much. But there's nothing wrong with it.
Back to top Go down
Casey
A Contender
A Contender
Casey

PostSubject: Re: The Bouncing Souls   The Bouncing Souls - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 4:03 pm

I think Comet is a pretty damn good album. It's got pretty much everything you want on a BS album. Fast, upbeat, catchy and happy songs (We Love Fun), songs that are incredibly stupid and pointless yet awesome (DFA), and some nice, fast punk. Really love Comet and Ship in a Bottle, those songs put me in a really good mood and are good examples of polished pop punk.
Back to top Go down
acousticbandit
Wooderson
Wooderson
acousticbandit

PostSubject: Re: The Bouncing Souls   The Bouncing Souls - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 4:26 pm

"It’s a lot of fun representing New Jersey. Telling people to f*ck off fits like a glove."

haha, so true.
Back to top Go down
DiamondSinatra
A Contender
A Contender
DiamondSinatra

PostSubject: Re: The Bouncing Souls   The Bouncing Souls - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 4:47 pm

^Love that quote.

Casey - ahah don't hate on DFA!

simo - Yeah, I mean I'll love them and I don't regret the vinyl purchase, it's just I was hoping for more songs like Fun and DFA. Nothing like their older albums, but definitely acceptable.
Back to top Go down
http://www.robdirienzo.com
sickgirl
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
sickgirl

PostSubject: Re: The Bouncing Souls   The Bouncing Souls - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 3:11 am

love these guys! gonna see them at the end of this month!
Back to top Go down
TGAforLIFE
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
TGAforLIFE

PostSubject: Re: The Bouncing Souls   The Bouncing Souls - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 3:00 am

sickgirl wrote:

No way?! Are you gonna see them in Portland? I wanna go, but I don't think I can afford it. Sad
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

PostSubject: Re: The Bouncing Souls   The Bouncing Souls - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 4:23 am

TGAforLIFE wrote:
sickgirl wrote:

No way?! Are you gonna see them in Portland? I wanna go, but I don't think I can afford it. Sad

Its the Souls and Menzingers. Gonna be one of the best shows of the year. Eat some ramen for a few meals and you can afford it Smile
Back to top Go down
sickgirl
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
sickgirl

PostSubject: Re: The Bouncing Souls   The Bouncing Souls - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 6:20 pm

TGAforLIFE wrote:
sickgirl wrote:

Yeah, they're playing at the Hawthorne. I can't really afford it either, just gonna have to be a quick drive up, see show, drive home, I'm thinking.
Back to top Go down
TGAforLIFE
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
TGAforLIFE

PostSubject: Re: The Bouncing Souls   The Bouncing Souls - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 7:18 pm

sickgirl wrote:
TGAforLIFE wrote:
sickgirl wrote:

Yeah, they're playing at the Hawthorne. I can't really afford it either, just gonna have to be a quick drive up, see show, drive home, I'm thinking.

Ah, cool. Hopefully you have better luck with the drive this time! Yeah, I might change my mind and go. I think (crossing my fingers) there's still tickets left. And, CluckyB, I might take ya up on the ramen thing. hahaha Besides, ramen is pretty good and I'm sure the Souls would approve too. Smile
Back to top Go down
sickgirl
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
sickgirl

PostSubject: Re: The Bouncing Souls   The Bouncing Souls - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 7:19 pm

Yeah, the way i see it, I got all of my bad luck outta the way already Smile
You should go, it's gonna be super sweet!
Back to top Go down
TGAforLIFE
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
TGAforLIFE

PostSubject: Re: The Bouncing Souls   The Bouncing Souls - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 7:26 pm

Yeah, only problem is I gotta save up a bit for a plane ticket to AZ for September. Gonna see Gaslight and Rise Against there when they play... Just trying to weigh everything.

...Seeing the Souls would be pretty sick tho. Smile
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: The Bouncing Souls   The Bouncing Souls - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2012 8:25 pm

Anyone going to the Brooklyn show tomorrow? My friend just bailed on me.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: The Bouncing Souls   The Bouncing Souls - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2012 8:31 pm

Did you guys see this tweet by Dave Hause...

"I sincerely hope the scum-fuck who robbed my friend Kate and the Bouncing Souls dies a slow, horrid, grotesque death."

Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

PostSubject: Re: The Bouncing Souls   The Bouncing Souls - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2012 8:33 pm

Quote :
The Bouncing Souls
18 hours ago via Mobile
Calling all cars... Once again we have been ripped off. K8 is Great, our tour managers, bag was stolen tonight from the backstage. Laptops, passports, paperwork, and lots of money was in there. If you care at all about the music scene or people trying to come to your town to play shows for you, please return it to us. This is all we got. Thank you
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Klown78
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Bouncing Souls   The Bouncing Souls - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Bouncing Souls
Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next