DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Bouncing Souls

Go down 
+40
NeverTrustAJunkie
thebiglebowski
bringiton
njguy99
Klown
StitchesOnTheRadio
sickgirl
Casey
simo
drifter69
acousticbandit
DiamondSinatra
TGAforLIFE
Stalls_Standing
Daire
LuceroDiehard
Shrewsbury_Stars
PFREEZY
fullcollapse
CluckyB
kieran
Better Sense
loazis
gp
El Jefe
lynchyeatspizza
Johnny99
J_Schooly
colmillionaire
Jeff
Turn the Casanova On
Dan_Dog
LBAZ
stephendgaf
liveit
laurendelore
lhdez
JoshRaymond
ambrose
Jukebox Romeo
44 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
colmillionaire
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
colmillionaire

The Bouncing Souls - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Bouncing Souls   The Bouncing Souls - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 10:34 pm

Hitting up the night of Home for the Holidays where Brian Fallon (who is that guy?!) is writing the setlist. Apparently he is gonna show up too, kind of a no brainer. TV Casualty and Luther are playing the afterparty. Support is from forgetters and Make Do and Mend. Very excited.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/Colmillionaire
njguy99
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
njguy99

PostSubject: Re: The Bouncing Souls   The Bouncing Souls - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2012 6:09 am

I guess that's the Saturday show where Brian is supposed to show up?
Back to top Go down
bringiton
Wooderson
Wooderson
bringiton

PostSubject: Re: The Bouncing Souls   The Bouncing Souls - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2012 6:55 am

I've had How I Spent My Summer Vacation on for a few months now and love it, where should I go from there?

Just got my ticket to their show in Manchester next year with support from Make Do And Mend, Cheap Girls and Luther. Gonna be awesome.
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: The Bouncing Souls   The Bouncing Souls - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2012 12:12 pm

bringiton wrote:
I've had How I Spent My Summer Vacation on for a few months now and love it, where should I go from there?

Just got my ticket to their show in Manchester next year with support from Make Do And Mend, Cheap Girls and Luther. Gonna be awesome.

That's my least favorite record of theirs so our tastes may differ here. That said, here's how I would rank their records:

(1) Maniacal Laughter (their best record, for me by a mile. Mostly fast, punchy songs; full of energy.)

(2) The Good The Bad & The Argyle (this record has Joe Lies and Neurotic on it; 'nuff said).

(3) Hopeless Romantic (I actually hated this record when it first came out. A couple years later, I gave it another chance. This record is just so full of heart and emotion. I look back and can't belive I didn't "get it" at first).

(4) Anchors Aweigh (for me, this was a great comeback record after Summer Vacation, which I thought was very generic pop punk for the most part. Anchors is a great mix of fast songs and slower, emotional ballads).

(5) Self-Titled (kind of an uneven record but songs like Kate is Great and East Side Mags save it)

(6) Comet (I really dig this record. The guys experiment with some new sounds but it still is quintesential Souls)

(7) Gold Record (hits and misses here. The good songs are great -- Lean on Sheena, So Jersey -- but there are some clunkers too

(8 ) Ghosts on the Boardwalk (I never got really into this record becuase it didn't really feel like an "album" to me since it was a collection of singles that were released earlier. Gasoline is a great song though)

(9) Summer Vacation (just too much sugar coating on this one for me but I do love That Song and Manthem)

Also, check out the documentary "Do You Remember?" It's a truly excellent film that does a great job of telling the band's story.

Back to top Go down
thebiglebowski
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: The Bouncing Souls   The Bouncing Souls - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2012 12:58 pm

I only know the later albums (Anchors Aweigh and on). How are their setlists usually? Evenly distributed amongst the albums or heavier on the new stuff with some older ones sprinkled in.
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

PostSubject: Re: The Bouncing Souls   The Bouncing Souls - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2012 5:32 pm

Shrewsbury_Stars wrote:
bringiton wrote:

That's my least favorite record of theirs so our tastes may differ here. That said, here's how I would rank their records:

(1) Maniacal Laughter (their best record, for me by a mile. Mostly fast, punchy songs; full of energy.)

(2) The Good The Bad & The Argyle (this record has Joe Lies and Neurotic on it; 'nuff said).

(3) Hopeless Romantic (I actually hated this record when it first came out. A couple years later, I gave it another chance. This record is just so full of heart and emotion. I look back and can't belive I didn't "get it" at first).

(4) Anchors Aweigh (for me, this was a great comeback record after Summer Vacation, which I thought was very generic pop punk for the most part. Anchors is a great mix of fast songs and slower, emotional ballads).

(5) Self-Titled (kind of an uneven record but songs like Kate is Great and East Side Mags save it)

(6) Comet (I really dig this record. The guys experiment with some new sounds but it still is quintesential Souls)

(7) Gold Record (hits and misses here. The good songs are great -- Lean on Sheena, So Jersey -- but there are some clunkers too

(8 ) Ghosts on the Boardwalk (I never got really into this record becuase it didn't really feel like an "album" to me since it was a collection of singles that were released earlier. Gasoline is a great song though)

(9) Summer Vacation (just too much sugar coating on this one for me but I do love That Song and Manthem)

Also, check out the documentary "Do You Remember?" It's a truly excellent film that does a great job of telling the band's story.

Normally I'm all for people having their own opinions about music, but saying Summer Vacation is the worst Souls record is like saying Yellow Submarine is the best Beatles album or Born to Run is the worst Spingsteen album. Hopeless Romantic is the only thing in their catalog that comes close to it. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Bouncing Souls   The Bouncing Souls - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2012 8:34 pm

How I Spent my Summer Vacation is my favorite album by theirs.
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: The Bouncing Souls   The Bouncing Souls - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2012 9:18 pm

I did a cover of True Believers and I'm trying to web-source the backing vocals. You guys can do some if you want. Read here: http://paperceilingsmusic.tumblr.com/post/38402131033/read-this-if-you-want-to-sing-gang-vocals

And yes, Summer Vacation is my fav too.
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: The Bouncing Souls   The Bouncing Souls - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2012 1:55 am

CluckyB wrote:
Shrewsbury_Stars wrote:
bringiton wrote:

;

Normally I'm all for people having their own opinions about music, but saying Summer Vacation is the worst Souls record is like saying Yellow Submarine is the best Beatles album or Born to Run is the worst Spingsteen album. Hopeless Romantic is the only thing in their catalog that comes close to it.
Evil or Very Mad

Oh. Darn. I guess I was totally wrong. Oops. Which Descendents record should be my favorite? Thanks
Back to top Go down
thebiglebowski
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: The Bouncing Souls   The Bouncing Souls - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2012 12:44 pm

By the logic of this thread, you should probably like "Cool to Be You" the most with "Milo Goes To College" in last
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: The Bouncing Souls   The Bouncing Souls - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 3:58 pm

colmillionaire wrote:
Hitting up the night of Home for the Holidays where Brian Fallon (who is that guy?!) is writing the setlist. Apparently he is gonna show up too, kind of a no brainer. TV Casualty and Luther are playing the afterparty. Support is from forgetters and Make Do and Mend. Very excited.

How was this show? Did B-Fall show up? What about the afterparty, did the Menzingers play?
Back to top Go down
colmillionaire
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
colmillionaire

PostSubject: Re: The Bouncing Souls   The Bouncing Souls - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 10:38 pm

Brian did not show up. I do not know the setlist (as I still wasn't feeling up to going) but my dad said that the 12/28 show with The Loved Ones, The Casualties, and Grey Area was much better in terms of setlist. My dad also likes the newer Souls records, so you probably would have liked Brian's setlist moreso than Mike's from Green Day. Alex Levine was at the Fake Problems/Starting Line show though. The Menzingers played the aftershow on 12/27 along with another band.
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: The Bouncing Souls   The Bouncing Souls - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 11:02 pm

colmillionaire wrote:
Brian did not show up. I do not know the setlist (as I still wasn't feeling up to going) but my dad said that the 12/28 show with The Loved Ones, The Casualties, and Grey Area was much better in terms of setlist. My dad also likes the newer Souls records, so you probably would have liked Brian's setlist moreso than Mike's from Green Day. Alex Levine was at the Fake Problems/Starting Line show though. The Menzingers played the aftershow on 12/27 along with another band.

Shit. I was at the show on the 27th but skipped the afterparty. Fuck.
Back to top Go down
bringiton
Wooderson
Wooderson
bringiton

PostSubject: Re: The Bouncing Souls   The Bouncing Souls - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2013 9:51 pm

Just got back from the show. SO good.

Anyone seeing them this week in the UK? I need someone to pick me up a windbreaker or hoody, didn't have to cash on me at the time.
Back to top Go down
colmillionaire
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
colmillionaire

PostSubject: Re: The Bouncing Souls   The Bouncing Souls - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 25, 2013 1:26 pm

Playing their first show with the new drummer tomorrow at the Asbury Lanes! 8pm doors, $10 at the door, no advance tickets. I'd go if I didn't have work. Last time they played the lanes was the summer of 07. Sure to be insane/great.
Back to top Go down
njguy99
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
njguy99

PostSubject: Re: The Bouncing Souls   The Bouncing Souls - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 25, 2013 1:57 pm

I'm so there! Hope I can get in...
Back to top Go down
colmillionaire
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
colmillionaire

PostSubject: Re: The Bouncing Souls   The Bouncing Souls - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 27, 2013 1:24 am

George Rebelo is the new drummer for the Souls. Can I get a hell yes?
Back to top Go down
njguy99
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
njguy99

PostSubject: Re: The Bouncing Souls   The Bouncing Souls - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 27, 2013 9:08 am

colmillionaire wrote:
George Rebelo is the new drummer for the Souls. Can I get a hell yes?
And he did an awesome job for someone Greg said had not rehearsed with them yet. Well, except his one screw-up, but still...
Back to top Go down
colmillionaire
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
colmillionaire

PostSubject: Re: The Bouncing Souls   The Bouncing Souls - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 27, 2013 12:08 pm

And he is still in HWM. Too good.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: The Bouncing Souls   The Bouncing Souls - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 27, 2013 1:14 pm

Very cool. How was the show overall?
Back to top Go down
colmillionaire
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
colmillionaire

PostSubject: Re: The Bouncing Souls   The Bouncing Souls - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 12:57 pm

HOME FOR THE HOLIDAYS 2013
DECEMBER 26, 27, 28, 29
http://www.chunksaah.com/H4TH2013

THE STONE PONY
913 Ocean Ave
Asbury Park, NJ 07721
All Ages | Doors at 7:00

FOUR NIGHT PASS: Get into all 4 shows, get a free limited edition Home For The Holidays 2013 poster, and come early for sound check followed by a meet and greet with The Bouncing Souls (date for for sound check / meet and greet not yet determined – purchasers will be notified via email 2 weeks before the event). Only 150 Four Night Passes are available, don't miss this opportunity!

SINGLE NIGHT TICKETS will be available to the general public through all ticket outlets on Wednesday, October 16th . Support bands will be announced at that time. Tickets will be $23 per night (plus ticketing fees).

Cannot wait to see who is opening up for the Souls this year.
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

PostSubject: Re: The Bouncing Souls   The Bouncing Souls - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 3:22 pm

Fingers crossed that one of the nights is Menzos. Given their split coming out, I think that has a reasonably good possibility. Preferably with Mobo opening. If that happens I just might have to figure out how I can go... (will be far easier to make HFTH than Menzingers thanksgiving shows cause I'll probably already be out on that side of the country for christmas).
Back to top Go down
colmillionaire
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
colmillionaire

PostSubject: Re: The Bouncing Souls   The Bouncing Souls - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 4:00 pm

Drew, I live very close to Asbury. Can absolutely put you up if you choose to come.
Back to top Go down
njguy99
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
njguy99

PostSubject: Re: The Bouncing Souls   The Bouncing Souls - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 6:00 pm

So looking forward to Home for the Holidays this year...
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

PostSubject: Re: The Bouncing Souls   The Bouncing Souls - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 14, 2013 2:30 pm

Opening bands for HFTH announced. Flatliners/Restorations on the 29th will probably be good, but honestly its somewhat under whelming.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Bouncing Souls   The Bouncing Souls - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Bouncing Souls
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next