DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Differences Make Us Stronger

Go down 
+2
andy.mac
tdawg
6 posters
AuthorMessage
tdawg
Wooderson
Wooderson
tdawg

Differences Make Us Stronger Empty
PostSubject: Differences Make Us Stronger   Differences Make Us Stronger Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 2:06 am

Found this pretty interesting article:
http://www.columbian.com/article/20090918/LIVING11/709189996

The overall theme of it is that, as we know, the four guys come from pretty varied backgrounds music-wise, but it's those contrasts in style that actually makes TGA's music work. A good read, and it gets me jazzed for the next album!
Back to top Go down
http://www.utdallas.edu/~dat054000
andy.mac
Wooderson
Wooderson
andy.mac

PostSubject: Re: Differences Make Us Stronger   Differences Make Us Stronger Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 6:39 am

yup, it was a good read.

Alex R does have that 'I like My Bloody Valentine' kinda look to him though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Differences Make Us Stronger   Differences Make Us Stronger Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 3:06 pm

Good article, I agree with what's being said. But about Minus The Bear, I thought it was Alex R. who liked them as opposed to Benny- having listened to them they don't sound like a Benny type of band, fit more with Alex R....
Back to top Go down
thecosmickid
Wooderson
Wooderson
thecosmickid

PostSubject: Re: Differences Make Us Stronger   Differences Make Us Stronger Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 12:14 pm

Alex R. always mentions the cure and on the SG he used there's even a smiths sticker, should've mentioned them...
Back to top Go down
liveit
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Differences Make Us Stronger   Differences Make Us Stronger Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 12:04 am

Tomaldo wrote:
Good article, I agree with what's being said. But about Minus The Bear, I thought it was Alex R. who liked them as opposed to Benny- having listened to them they don't sound like a Benny type of band, fit more with Alex R....

Benny for sure likes them, it's from him that I first heard of them. Good stuff.
Back to top Go down
xstevenbx
Wooderson
Wooderson
xstevenbx

PostSubject: Re: Differences Make Us Stronger   Differences Make Us Stronger Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 2:31 am

cool article!
Back to top Go down
sidekicksuicide
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
sidekicksuicide

PostSubject: Re: Differences Make Us Stronger   Differences Make Us Stronger Icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 5:18 am

That's really cool to read. A lot of times bands with songwriters as strong as Brian have a hard time meshing everybody's personal style...sounds like they roll with a lot of different ideas.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Differences Make Us Stronger   Differences Make Us Stronger Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Differences Make Us Stronger
Page 1 of 1