DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bring It On Should Be the Next Single, Let's Make it Happen!

Go down 
+6
Bigtittykitty
stephendgaf
Jeff
CluckyB
kupe
TGAFAN25
10 posters
AuthorMessage
TGAFAN25
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
TGAFAN25

Bring It On Should Be the Next Single, Let's Make it Happen! Empty
PostSubject: Bring It On Should Be the Next Single, Let's Make it Happen!   Bring It On Should Be the Next Single, Let's Make it Happen! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 8:08 pm

On our poll here Bring it On has received the most votes as being Dime Store Saints' Members favorite song.

It's also the most purchased track on iTunes (other than She Loves You, but that's cuz SLY wasn't available anywhere else for those of us who bought the vinyl)

Let's put our heads together and find a way to get this song out to radio.

I think Bring It On could easily be the song that gives Gaslight a strong radio presence and brings them to a whole new audience...

Boxer isn't really making much headway on the airwaves, so I'm hoping Bring It On will....

Now, how can we make it happen?!?!
Back to top Go down
kupe
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Bring It On Should Be the Next Single, Let's Make it Happen!   Bring It On Should Be the Next Single, Let's Make it Happen! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 8:12 pm

agreed! i wouldn't worry too much about it though....it'll be on the airwaves before you know it!
Back to top Go down
TGAFAN25
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
TGAFAN25

PostSubject: Re: Bring It On Should Be the Next Single, Let's Make it Happen!   Bring It On Should Be the Next Single, Let's Make it Happen! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 8:14 pm

it sounds like ya have some inside information! are they making it the next single?!
Back to top Go down
kupe
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Bring It On Should Be the Next Single, Let's Make it Happen!   Bring It On Should Be the Next Single, Let's Make it Happen! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 8:33 pm

couldn't tell ya for sure, but i think and hope so!
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

PostSubject: Re: Bring It On Should Be the Next Single, Let's Make it Happen!   Bring It On Should Be the Next Single, Let's Make it Happen! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 9:44 pm

Maybe if you're looking for the Adult Contemporary station...

that isn't to say its bad, but it isn't hard rocking enough to make a dent on the rock stations and isn't poppy enough for the pop stations.

Boxer was their most radio friendly single. But the thing about Gaslight is they are not a radio focused band. They produce solid songs and albums -- not a couple of songs that will chart and nothing else. Their name has spread well enough without a radio hit that I don't see why they should do something differently.
Back to top Go down
TGAFAN25
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
TGAFAN25

PostSubject: Re: Bring It On Should Be the Next Single, Let's Make it Happen!   Bring It On Should Be the Next Single, Let's Make it Happen! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 10:46 pm

Gotta disagree with ya Cluckster...

There's nothing memorable about Boxer... It's generic and doesn't leave anything for you to really grasp onto....

Bring It On is powerfully sung, musically dynamic and has lyrics with an easy subject matter to grasp onto- it's one helluva story with great vocals and music to match it....

I'd say Diamond Church Street Choir is also more radio friendly than Boxer.... Catchy vocals, great danceable music that'll grab your attention when you hear it....

I think both Bring it On (especially) and Diamond Church would really get the listener's attention and make a new listener want more... Boxer sounds like every other rock band out there and would make me tun the dial if I didn't know it was GA
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

PostSubject: Re: Bring It On Should Be the Next Single, Let's Make it Happen!   Bring It On Should Be the Next Single, Let's Make it Happen! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 11:53 pm

Quote :
Boxer sounds like every other rock band out there

Exactly why its radio friendly. People like stuff that is familiar to them. It has an upbeat, catchy tune with a fairly modern sound. Most people don't look for "helluva story" when listening to radio hits. They want something they can imediately grasp onto and Boxer fits the bill.
Back to top Go down
TGAFAN25
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
TGAFAN25

PostSubject: Re: Bring It On Should Be the Next Single, Let's Make it Happen!   Bring It On Should Be the Next Single, Let's Make it Happen! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 12:41 am

Gonna have to completely disagree with ya, because I think songs that become very popular are songs that bring something more than the status quo.

Agree to disagree? lol
Back to top Go down
Jeff
A Contender
A Contender
Jeff

PostSubject: Re: Bring It On Should Be the Next Single, Let's Make it Happen!   Bring It On Should Be the Next Single, Let's Make it Happen! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 12:35 pm

Quote :
I think songs that become very popular are songs that bring something
more than the status quo.

Not with the average random radio-listener. Something like Bring it On would probably do well on something that specializes in alternative rock, like a station on Sirius or something, but on more mainstream radio, they usually just look for something that's catchy. *Shrug*
Back to top Go down
stephendgaf
Wooderson
Wooderson
stephendgaf

PostSubject: Re: Bring It On Should Be the Next Single, Let's Make it Happen!   Bring It On Should Be the Next Single, Let's Make it Happen! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 12:53 pm

Quote :
Boxer sounds like every other rock band out there
lol..

Last edited by stephendgaf on Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Bigtittykitty
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Bring It On Should Be the Next Single, Let's Make it Happen!   Bring It On Should Be the Next Single, Let's Make it Happen! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 12:55 pm

rkirkpatrick25 wrote:
Gotta disagree with ya Cluckster...

There's nothing memorable about Boxer... It's generic and doesn't leave anything for you to really grasp onto....

Bring It On is powerfully sung, musically dynamic and has lyrics with an easy subject matter to grasp onto- it's one helluva story with great vocals and music to match it....

I'd say Diamond Church Street Choir is also more radio friendly than Boxer.... Catchy vocals, great danceable music that'll grab your attention when you hear it....

I think both Bring it On (especially) and Diamond Church would really get the listener's attention and make a new listener want more... Boxer sounds like every other rock band out there and would make me tun the dial if I didn't know it was GA

saying that boxer is anything but great makes you an idiot
Back to top Go down
IKeeptheDiner
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
IKeeptheDiner

PostSubject: Re: Bring It On Should Be the Next Single, Let's Make it Happen!   Bring It On Should Be the Next Single, Let's Make it Happen! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 1:22 pm

spirit of jazz wouldnt be a terrible choice either.
Back to top Go down
stephendgaf
Wooderson
Wooderson
stephendgaf

PostSubject: Re: Bring It On Should Be the Next Single, Let's Make it Happen!   Bring It On Should Be the Next Single, Let's Make it Happen! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 1:34 pm

IKeeptheDiner wrote:
spirit of jazz wouldnt be a terrible choice either.

Bring It On Should Be the Next Single, Let's Make it Happen! Icon_biggrin Bring It On Should Be the Next Single, Let's Make it Happen! Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
Turn the Casanova On
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Turn the Casanova On

PostSubject: Re: Bring It On Should Be the Next Single, Let's Make it Happen!   Bring It On Should Be the Next Single, Let's Make it Happen! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 5:52 pm

I think Boxer is probably the best choice for a radio single, not to mention it being leaps better than Bring It On as it is.
Back to top Go down
TGAFAN25
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
TGAFAN25

PostSubject: Re: Bring It On Should Be the Next Single, Let's Make it Happen!   Bring It On Should Be the Next Single, Let's Make it Happen! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 6:27 pm

I love that we're having a healthy debate.

But I think the poll shows what track is the most popular off the album regardless of our own personal opinions....
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

PostSubject: Re: Bring It On Should Be the Next Single, Let's Make it Happen!   Bring It On Should Be the Next Single, Let's Make it Happen! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 8:32 pm

Popular amongst Gaslight fans is not the same thing as popular amongst the general population.

While it might sound snobbish, most Gaslight fans probably have more refined music taste that the average radio listener. We appreciate songs like BIO more.
Back to top Go down
kupe
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Bring It On Should Be the Next Single, Let's Make it Happen!   Bring It On Should Be the Next Single, Let's Make it Happen! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 10:27 pm

i dont see how anyone couldn't like bring it on....its a really powerful love song....and i think that would appeal to people right away
Back to top Go down
Daire
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Daire

PostSubject: Re: Bring It On Should Be the Next Single, Let's Make it Happen!   Bring It On Should Be the Next Single, Let's Make it Happen! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 9:08 am

Meanwhile, The Gaslight Anthem are set to release the double A-side
single 'Boxer'/ 'Diamond Street Church Choir' on August 9.
Back to top Go down
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

PostSubject: Re: Bring It On Should Be the Next Single, Let's Make it Happen!   Bring It On Should Be the Next Single, Let's Make it Happen! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 11:49 am

how do you know that? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jeff
A Contender
A Contender
Jeff

PostSubject: Re: Bring It On Should Be the Next Single, Let's Make it Happen!   Bring It On Should Be the Next Single, Let's Make it Happen! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 12:23 pm

Links backing up the double a-side:

Here and here.
Back to top Go down
TGAFAN25
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
TGAFAN25

PostSubject: Re: Bring It On Should Be the Next Single, Let's Make it Happen!   Bring It On Should Be the Next Single, Let's Make it Happen! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 6:15 pm

Let's just go with one side with one awesome track... Bring It On!!!

Man, I just wish I could come up with a good way to drum up support for this song... maybe i should make a facebook group?!?
Back to top Go down
TGAFAN25
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
TGAFAN25

PostSubject: Re: Bring It On Should Be the Next Single, Let's Make it Happen!   Bring It On Should Be the Next Single, Let's Make it Happen! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 6:22 pm

join the facebook group if you think "Bring It On" should be the next single and tell your friends about it too!

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/group.php?gid=158547484155940
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bring It On Should Be the Next Single, Let's Make it Happen!   Bring It On Should Be the Next Single, Let's Make it Happen! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bring It On Should Be the Next Single, Let's Make it Happen!
Page 1 of 1