DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Make do and Mend

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Reinvent good times
A Contender
A Contender
Reinvent good times

Make do and Mend Empty
PostSubject: Make do and Mend   Make do and Mend Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 3:23 pm

Surprised there wasn't a thread on these guys already. Unless of course I didn't go deep enough on my search.

Nonetheless, their new CD "everything you ever loved" is incredible. They've softened things up from their previous works, which I was not a huge fan, but this new one, is hugely accessible. Really really good songs. Absolute Punk was all over it, so I took the bait, and I'm glad I did. To me, they fit in with the melodic hardcore, but leaning more melody than hardcore.

Anyone else love it?
Back to top Go down
colmillionaire
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
colmillionaire

Make do and Mend Empty
PostSubject: Re: Make do and Mend   Make do and Mend Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 3:26 pm

I made a thread for this band years ago. Haven't listened to the new album yet, but I'm sure its great.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/Colmillionaire
JJW319
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
JJW319

Make do and Mend Empty
PostSubject: Re: Make do and Mend   Make do and Mend Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 4:04 pm

Was never attracted to their sound but checked out "Dissemble" when it was released and I was hooked. The new album isn't as impeccable as the crowd at ap.net made it out to be, in my opinion. But then again - I also didn't think On the Impossible Past by the Menzingers was incredible. Both are better than good though.

Honestly, my favorite punk release and surely one of my top 5 (maybe 7? 8?) of the year is/will be London from Apologies, I Have None. Hell of a record.
Back to top Go down
Reinvent good times
A Contender
A Contender
Reinvent good times

Make do and Mend Empty
PostSubject: Re: Make do and Mend   Make do and Mend Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 4:13 pm

JJW319 wrote:
Was never attracted to their sound but checked out "Dissemble" when it was released and I was hooked. The new album isn't as impeccable as the crowd at ap.net made it out to be, in my opinion. But then again - I also didn't think On the Impossible Past by the Menzingers was incredible. Both are better than good though.

Honestly, my favorite punk release and surely one of my top 5 (maybe 7? 8?) of the year is/will be London from Apologies, I Have None. Hell of a record.

I'm with you on Apologies, that's a solid release. But I'm not ready to put MDAM in the 'ok' category. It should end up on my year end list. Stay in the Sun, St. Anne, good tunes right there.
Back to top Go down
JJW319
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
JJW319

Make do and Mend Empty
PostSubject: Re: Make do and Mend   Make do and Mend Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 5:03 pm

I surely need to give it a few more listens. Past few weeks I haven't stopped listening to new Empires, Casey Abrams, Bruce, and the Killers discography
Back to top Go down
holdsteady82
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

Make do and Mend Empty
PostSubject: Re: Make do and Mend   Make do and Mend Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 1:45 am

I was going to create a thread after first hearing MDAM's new album.....I'm glad someone actually did , as these guys deserve to be talked about/recognized for their new album.

Personally, I tried to get into MDAM's past albums and just had no interest. Needless to say, upon discovering that they signed to Rise and were making a new record, I wasn't in the least bit excited.....in fact, I felt nothing....just indifferent. However, like "JJW319" said above, once I heard their single "Dissemble", I was really interested and eager to hear the full album. I took a chance and bought the big bundle package that Rise had and as soon as I got my package, I fell in love with the album! It's quite different (better) than their prior albums. It's one of those albums that you can start at track 1 and listen to the entire album, as it's very consistent, with every song being good to great. The album's sound has many different influences. Out of all the music that I purchase throughout the year, I think I would call this my favorite/best album of the year (thus far)!

It's always great when you discover a band that you've never heard of.....or maybe you have but just didn't enjoy their previous albums......and then out of the blue, the band releases something that you come to love and becomes very important to you! That's the best! That's what makes me seek out new music/bands regularly.
Back to top Go down
Reinvent good times
A Contender
A Contender
Reinvent good times

Make do and Mend Empty
PostSubject: Re: Make do and Mend   Make do and Mend Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 8:29 am

holdsteady82 wrote:
I was going to create a thread after first hearing MDAM's new album.....I'm glad someone actually did , as these guys deserve to be talked about/recognized for their new album.

Personally, I tried to get into MDAM's past albums and just had no interest. Needless to say, upon discovering that they signed to Rise and were making a new record, I wasn't in the least bit excited.....in fact, I felt nothing....just indifferent. However, like "JJW319" said above, once I heard their single "Dissemble", I was really interested and eager to hear the full album. I took a chance and bought the big bundle package that Rise had and as soon as I got my package, I fell in love with the album! It's quite different (better) than their prior albums. It's one of those albums that you can start at track 1 and listen to the entire album, as it's very consistent, with every song being good to great. The album's sound has many different influences. Out of all the music that I purchase throughout the year, I think I would call this my favorite/best album of the year (thus far)!

It's always great when you discover a band that you've never heard of.....or maybe you have but just didn't enjoy their previous albums......and then out of the blue, the band releases something that you come to love and becomes very important to you! That's the best! That's what makes me seek out new music/bands regularly.

Holdsteady--I couldn't agree more with what you say. I love TGA more than any band (almost ever), but there is something to be said for finding a new band that you connect with. I, too, bought the bundle, and glad I did. I thought people on DSS would be all over it...but the downside is their timing...right on the heels of what lots of reviewers are saying is TGA's album of the year. Anyway, it's a great change of pace. It's so freakin' accessible, no skips on the cd...just a good listen. Nice summary.
Back to top Go down
JJW319
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
JJW319

Make do and Mend Empty
PostSubject: Re: Make do and Mend   Make do and Mend Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 1:58 pm

Reinvent good times wrote:
holdsteady82 wrote:

Holdsteady--I couldn't agree more with what you say. I love TGA more than any band (almost ever), but there is something to be said for finding a new band that you connect with. I, too, bought the bundle, and glad I did. I thought people on DSS would be all over it...but the downside is their timing...right on the heels of what lots of reviewers are saying is TGA's album of the year. Anyway, it's a great change of pace. It's so freakin' accessible, no skips on the cd...just a good listen. Nice summary.

Hmm, I don't think timing was an issue. Gonna give this a listen or too today.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Make do and Mend Empty
PostSubject: Re: Make do and Mend   Make do and Mend Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Make do and Mend
Page 1 of 1