DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fall tour!

Go down 
+35
Sailor Tattoo
Pip
pookieray
Penelope
tdawg
obxsully
nakulisbrown
liveit
DukeStreetKing
stupendoussven
vamike
talley
Asleepontheforestfloor
tigrr13
TonyRockyHorror
kcdc
MCStevepants
Mosh
bradcooke
kristi_atl
stephendgaf
koolmcr
Don Juan
Stalls_Standing
Vibes
surfNJ
kieran
TGAFAN25
Reinvent good times
Jukebox Romeo
steph
Stevearm
colmillionaire
hostutca
ral
39 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
colmillionaire
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
colmillionaire

Fall tour! - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fall tour!   Fall tour! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 2:39 am

and also that is a major bummer Pip...i'm def going into the city on friday to pick up tickets for the monday show
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/Colmillionaire
tigrr13
A Contender
A Contender
tigrr13

PostSubject: Re: Fall tour!   Fall tour! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 1:52 am

looks like they'll be adding a 2nd NYC show

http://www.foodbanknyc.org/index.cfm?objectID=F00D0B62-3048-651A-2012C4E9B4277D0A#thegaslightanthem
Back to top Go down
colmillionaire
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
colmillionaire

PostSubject: Re: Fall tour!   Fall tour! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 5:52 pm

nevermind got them. hopefully they announce that 2nd T5 show soon
Back to top Go down
liveit
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Fall tour!   Fall tour! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 7:30 pm

I think they'll wait for the first show to sell out before doing a second.
Back to top Go down
stupendoussven
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
stupendoussven

PostSubject: Re: Fall tour!   Fall tour! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 11:24 pm

I was planning on seeing them in NYC then going to Philly to see them again but if they add a second show that would be rad, it would save me the trouble of going down to Philly. Here's to hoping they add it
Back to top Go down
http://sirsvenjensen.tumblr.com
JoshRaymond
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JoshRaymond

PostSubject: Re: Fall tour!   Fall tour! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 5:53 pm

they need to add some texas dates
Back to top Go down
Maureen973
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Fall tour!   Fall tour! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 3:54 am

I hope they add that 2nd night in NY a second night in Philly would be killer for a north jersey working girl! I'll be there Sunday no matter what but Monday would suck!
Back to top Go down
ral
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ral

PostSubject: Re: Fall tour!   Fall tour! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 10:10 pm

Friend of mine just informed me that tonight's show was moved from the Sokol Auditorium (1200+ capacity) to the Underground (315 capacity). Bad news for ticket sales in Omaha but good news for those attending.
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Fall tour!   Fall tour! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 1:25 pm

What size are the fall tour venues? Someone said Bogart's was only about half full (whatever that means in numbers).

Last edited by steady now steady now on Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
ral
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ral

PostSubject: Re: Fall tour!   Fall tour! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 1:53 pm

steady now steady now wrote:
What size are the fall tour venues? Somewhat said Bogart's was only about half full (whatever that means in numbers).
i'd guess most are ~1000-1500, with a few bigger venues in major markets like nyc/boston.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fall tour!   Fall tour! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 6:23 pm

ral wrote:
steady now steady now wrote:
What size are the fall tour venues? Somewhat said Bogart's was only about half full (whatever that means in numbers).
i'd guess most are ~1000-1500, with a few bigger venues in major markets like nyc/boston.

Thats the size venue I'd expect them to play over here in the UK next time. It's the step up from the venue they played last time near me.
Back to top Go down
colmillionaire
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
colmillionaire

PostSubject: Re: Fall tour!   Fall tour! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 6:17 pm

brooklyn bowl show 10/16 just added. soooo glad its not terminal 5, haven't seem them at a bowling alley since asbury lanes last year
Back to top Go down
colmillionaire
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
colmillionaire

PostSubject: Re: Fall tour!   Fall tour! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 6:21 pm

600 people maximum too, tickets on sale tomorrow at noon
Back to top Go down
rivercities
A Contender
A Contender
rivercities

PostSubject: Re: Fall tour!   Fall tour! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 12:29 am

can't wait for this show its gonna be a long drive to brooklyn but definetley worth it...thanks alot for the heads up by the way
Back to top Go down
tigrr13
A Contender
A Contender
tigrr13

PostSubject: Re: Fall tour!   Fall tour! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 6:58 pm

woohooo... they've also added a 2nd chicago show on 10/28 at double door
Back to top Go down
ral
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ral

PostSubject: Re: Fall tour!   Fall tour! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 1:00 pm

Went to the last three shows. Tons of fun. I didn't keep track of the songs played and the actual setlists don't match up since they added a few songs each night or moved stuff around but they obviously played a lot off The '59 Sound. Big thanks to Ian for hooking me up with the setlists after the shows.

Grand Rapids got Wherefore Art Thou, Elvis? and Boomboxes & Dictionairies in the main set and the encore was Blue Jeans & White T-shirts followed by Say I Won't. Last night in Detroit, 1930 was in the main set and the encore was three songs, Drive, Blue Jeans & White T-shirts and I Coulda Been a Contender. Contender was by request from the girls next to me in the front row, Maureen and Laura (I'm terrible with names but I hope that's right). They flew in from NJ for these two shows and talked to Brian after Grand Rapids. Brian also threw in a Bob Seger reference into the beginning of Here's Looking At You, Kid after someone in the crowd shouted that Seger was from the area. "I'm famous now for all these Bob Seger songs."

Also, Frank Turner was phenomenal. He only got ~25 mins each night but he did his best to get the crowd into it. He played Thunder Road last night, dedicated to Gaslight and their crew. He also played Jet Lag at my request in Grand Rapids and it ruled.

Good times.
Back to top Go down
Maureen973
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Fall tour!   Fall tour! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 9:58 am

Hey! You're not too bad with names you got them both right! :-)
This is Maureen, we made it back to NJ alive, but i cant wait for the weekend to catch up on some sleep.

Grand Rapids was an ok show. It's cool to travel becuase you get to see the difference in an east coast crowd vs a midwest crowd. (Much less fist pumping in the midwest) though i saw vids from Milwaulkie and it looked like they fist pump in Wi so maybe it was just Grand Rapids.

Setlist was pretty standard. Encore was super short, only 2 songs. The bartender told us they only sold 400 tix for the show, but alot of people were coming in and buying them day of so there was a decent crowd. But it seemed like a lot of them hung in the back by the tables and bar

I was really nervous going to Detroit after hearing so many conflicting reports about it. From people telling me to be really careful, to other people telling me it wasnt that bad. I grew up in new york but i was still really nervous. Even though Brian told me and my sister in Grand Rapids that Camden was more dangerous than where the show was in Detroit, and assured us we werent going to get shot. Detroit reminded me a lot of Philly or a dirty version of Chicago. there were a lot of homeless people but when you grow up in a city you have already learned to turn a blind eye to it

Show in Detroit was really good. Everyone seemed much more into it. It was good to hear Patient Ferris Wheel and 1930 and Drive and Contender in the encore made the night for me!

Frank Turner really impressed me i picked up both his CDs and have been playing them non stop. Can't wait till he comes to NY to see him again. It was good to see him get such a good reaction from the crowd.

It was nice meeting all the cool people i met on this trip! If you're ever on the East Coast come say hi! And a big thanks to all the guys in TGA for making this such a fun and memorable trip, it made me glad i skipped a summer vacay this year to do a fall tour-cation. Cant wait till NY and Philly next weekend!
Back to top Go down
MCStevepants
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
MCStevepants

PostSubject: Re: Fall tour!   Fall tour! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 4:48 pm

Yea, the rochester show sold a lot less tickets than expected, too. The venue is has 2 rooms, 1 big and 1 smaller - it was supposed to be in the big one but because of sales it got moved to the small one. I'm not complaining.
Back to top Go down
ral
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ral

PostSubject: Re: Fall tour!   Fall tour! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 5:31 pm

A couple of setlists from the fall tour. Milwaukee, Grand Rapids and Detroit all had the same printed setlist, so I only included one photo.

October 6, 2009 - St Andrews Hall, Detroit, MI
Fall tour! - Page 5 Tga2009-10-06-r

October 26, 2009 - Newport Music Hall, Columbus OH
Fall tour! - Page 5 Tga2009-10-26-r
Guess I forgot to post about Columbus after I got back. Anyways, I'da Called You Woody, Joe replaced Meet Me By The River's Edge and the encore was Refugee, Blue Jeans, and Say I Won't.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fall tour!   Fall tour! - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fall tour!
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5