DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How did you discover the Gaslight Anthem?

Go down 
+279
Ashburtongeorge
Lastoftheindependents
emenius
~Aaron~
NotLikeWeBleed
Johnny 99
Hombie
Mike_Millburys_Shoe
TLRRescue
tigerstrom29
AngryRyan
gchestney
aaron0vt
Smasha13
Leigh
GaslightInspired
scottydontno
pleasepassthesoup
Forum Owner
23Punk
Aregular_89
jzancan
mwh
TheScottWillzAnthem
Hanswurst
CroyBhoy1981
Blues With the Dogs
DeathoftheCool
Jersey-Chris
LiveFastDieOld
BereasaTGA
kimmy
Anya_TGA
zerb012345
SpaceEcho34
Thunder_Road
FrankieG
kappanera
beckiee1993
jonester
Italian__Fallon
The Last Jukebox Romeo
cdala
EveryLittleSecret
HolyBreakOfDay
rdghst
FelixMA
BuddyHolly
Definitely_Josef
virginiasheart
Andy_
DianaAntonia
thgilsag_mehtna
DiamondSinatra
bringiton_ty
rsi1991
Paddy
GaslightFletch
Lexicon
OllieC
matkins
SubconsciousRitual
The Cool
wedidwhenyoung
keepsake
JacksSmirkingRevenge
Xanthias
jgardz
aussieTGAfan
JamesLUFC
Emusic
NYYFAN523
gking92
DryCounty
CapedAvenger
CasanovaBaby90
Try Me
Chesser19
Greenlizard
Chappers
OldManShoes3
moconnell23
Nothingman
TheSultanOfSwing
mrlisc2
A_Regular
Mr.Grieves
numnutz78
snakester
RaquelWaltz
Velocity
kayla_tga
nzappia90
StitchesOnTheRadio
Breanne
saltandburn1967
VanillaMintFusion
White Man In Hammersmith
TheContender
HighLonesome
Paula
redheadchick
'49mercury
AGoodTime
deadmanstown
marcsnitz
sonsofregret
Heart_Strings
gaslightsofie
AmSlang59
enola
clemsn78
Miles
rgillies
Steve70s
Keeb631
Don Carlo
EmmaMary
BobbyBaseball
Fiddler
Jerseyrain
nomad677
CharlotteGaslight
rumham
waltzingseñora
Matilda Noir
nebraska
J_Bizness
IrishNameAndAnInjury
Tobbo
33rpm
thealarmist
Blue_Collar_Man
mirrorenigma
spgilbert
Pel.71
Phil Rockabill
stayFree
I am Incinerator
StopAndSlideToTheRight
RememberLikeWeWereAlive
03aarm
The Angry Johnny Revue
joshyboytyler
kateoflowerchelsea
kkent16
Johnxazn
\m/aria
ashleybb
Harbortown
johnnyk748
hey yellow
Fat C
Matty-E
Simon
Know Your Borders
Gaslight23
UK Ellie
knuckles
Hemingway
No_Direction
NeverTrustAJunkie
gaslightom
Shrewsbury_Stars
Zeebs07
brianisbae
spork13
casanova15
fullcollapse
Henriflame
chickenman
Pants
concresence
theBasemen
GraveRobbers
JimmyB
Ghost
Kosburn59
ozfacter
Seldini
CASANOVA, BILLY!
Jessii
Christophe
summy
JJW319
Regarded
gp
Dwizza
bish
wonderson189
QueenOfTheBronx
azlisa
SmilinSkullRing
Philo
LuceroDiehard
amberfoyd
steffuhnee
oli1980
sidekicksuicide
randomhero78
ExitEnglish
tgatom
Jaywalk
its_lesleyanne
MKULTRA
JoeHamling
B701
cristinaevelyn
jward326
Reinvent good times
vamike
Turn the Casanova On
kuruptlon
Jay
rem999
torbar
Tailschao
Bea
bringiton
stayhungry
bobbyjames
pricegrabber
Casey
Izzy Eviel
Jeff
IKeeptheDiner
loazis
DaveSavedTheDay
borrowedcar
dapperdecembrist
mostly_harmless
matt even
nuwbuddy
dmac
RobertODonnell
andy.mac
Maureen973
thecosmickid
scousertommy
RunawaySmile
Holland
noble_man
redd
KittyKat
ral
Deeper Shade of Blue
carson
massie1903
Refused
Palmer89
Emyr
simo
tdawg
bradcooke
Stevearm
TGAFAN25
twistednightmare
Dan_Dog
steady now steady now
kcdc
Scott
lynchyeatspizza
tomttt
I Came To Dance
ktp
Snap
hostutca
surfNJ
Kristi
kieran
Norb
Luca Chinaski
JoshRaymond
Prisoner
steph
LBAZ
e7c
Jukebox Romeo
283 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
AuthorMessage
wedidwhenyoung
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

How did you discover the Gaslight Anthem? - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How did you discover the Gaslight Anthem?   How did you discover the Gaslight Anthem? - Page 14 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 1:21 am

Heard 59 Sound on local radio and simultaneously read only good things about TGA on the Pearl Jam board. Bought the album, seen the band 4 times since and are in my top 3
Back to top Go down
The Cool
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
The Cool

PostSubject: Re: How did you discover the Gaslight Anthem?   How did you discover the Gaslight Anthem? - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 6:01 pm

First heard of The Gaslight Anthem through Brian's cover of 'Backstreets' on Bruce Springsteen's website. Didn't think too much of it, but then saw Bruce at Hard Rock Calling in 2009 and Brian's cameo on 'No Surrender'. I was impressed but still didn't really follow up my interest.
Then 2010 I had a HMV giftcard which I had been meaning to use. I couldn't make up my mind whether to get The Pogue's Greatesr Hits or 'The 59 Sound' by this Gaslight band that I'd heard of. Luckily I went with the latter and immediately fell in love with their music.
Will be going to my third Gaslight show in October.
Back to top Go down
SubconsciousRitual
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
SubconsciousRitual

PostSubject: Re: How did you discover the Gaslight Anthem?   How did you discover the Gaslight Anthem? - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 6:32 pm

I first heard of them when they were touring with The Airborne Toxic Event, but I didn't see them--I saw TATE later on that tour with a different opener (unfortunately!).

I didn't pay too much attention to them, but my interest peaked when Brian was on the Revival Tour. At first I was thinking "Who is this guy? I just want to hear Chuck Ragan." Then he started singing and it was more like "Who is this guy? I need to hear every single thing he's ever recorded." It was one of those instantaneous new-favorite-band things that happens so rarely.
Back to top Go down
matkins
A Contender
A Contender
matkins

PostSubject: Re: How did you discover the Gaslight Anthem?   How did you discover the Gaslight Anthem? - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 12:25 am

I read a review of the 59 Sound when it was fairly new. That review (plus the cover art) sent me to I Tunes to listen. Wish I could remember where I read it. Love that album cover so much.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: How did you discover the Gaslight Anthem?   How did you discover the Gaslight Anthem? - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 3:09 pm

I'm really curious if anyone ever discovered TGA through The Horrible Crowes or one of the other side projects.
Back to top Go down
OllieC
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: How did you discover the Gaslight Anthem?   How did you discover the Gaslight Anthem? - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 6:13 pm

I subscribe to Alternative Press magazine, and it seemed like any album/band I loved or any album rated 4 stars or above was compared to The Gaslight Anthem.

I'd had probably 6 issues full of reviews saying "if you like Gaslight Anthem, you'll love these guys," and "rocks like '59 Sound" so i decided to bite and took a trip to HMV.

Best decision I ever made!
Back to top Go down
Lexicon
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: How did you discover the Gaslight Anthem?   How did you discover the Gaslight Anthem? - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 1:51 pm

I grew up in the same area as Brian Fallon around the same time (not namedropping, I swear, because I definitely did not know him). Some friends of mine who had a band in the NJ Pop Punk scene back the day were talking about Gaslight and how the singer was a guy from the scene back then whose new band was pretty good. I tucked that info away in my brain until I heard '59 Sound on the radio and put two and two together. DLed that album on the immediate, hooked since then.
Back to top Go down
GaslightFletch
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: How did you discover the Gaslight Anthem?   How did you discover the Gaslight Anthem? - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 6:17 pm

My brother sent me a link to the great expectations video when it came out, fell in love with the band instantly!
Back to top Go down
Paddy
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Paddy

PostSubject: Re: How did you discover the Gaslight Anthem?   How did you discover the Gaslight Anthem? - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 10:08 pm

I think it was around 2008. My bassist was always a huge punk guy, recommended them to me once, and I listened for awhile, but then kinda' forgot. Probably picked them back up late 2009 early 2010, and couldn't figure out why the hell I had put them on the back burner.
Back to top Go down
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: How did you discover the Gaslight Anthem?   How did you discover the Gaslight Anthem? - Page 14 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 5:18 pm

Watching the Glastonbury setlist on the BBC back in 2009/2010. The one with Bruce. Really caught my eye, and bought The '59 Sound soon after.
Back to top Go down
rsi1991
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
rsi1991

PostSubject: Re: How did you discover the Gaslight Anthem?   How did you discover the Gaslight Anthem? - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2012 4:16 am

Saw them at Court Tavern a long time ago and Asbury Lanes in 08'. Great times lol. Actually found out about them through spread of word from friends that knew This Charming Man.

Last edited by rsi1991 on Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/AsWeGetOlder
bringiton_ty
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
bringiton_ty

PostSubject: Re: How did you discover the Gaslight Anthem?   How did you discover the Gaslight Anthem? - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2012 10:23 am

nation radio "59 sound" playing on the radio while driving a few years ago.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/theknuckledowns
DiamondSinatra
A Contender
A Contender
DiamondSinatra

PostSubject: Re: How did you discover the Gaslight Anthem?   How did you discover the Gaslight Anthem? - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2012 12:39 pm

I heard American Slang on some internet radio station. I immediately fell in love with them, and it was only after I knew every word to every song that I discovered they're from my area, we have mutual friends, and I could identify some of the places they were singing about. Coolest realization ever.
Back to top Go down
http://www.robdirienzo.com
thgilsag_mehtna
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
thgilsag_mehtna

PostSubject: Re: How did you discover the Gaslight Anthem?   How did you discover the Gaslight Anthem? - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 11:43 pm

My son was living in New Brunswick, and he told me I needed to check out this awesome band called, "Gaslight Anthem". I put it off for about a year. Then I went to a Social Distortion concert, here in Nashville. Chuck Ragan was playing and I thought wow Chuck Ragan was awesome. Checked him out on You Tube and found the Revival Tour. There was a video from the 2011 Revival with Brain Fallon, Dave Hause, Dan Andriano, and Chuck Ragan. Of course everyone was great. I looked up Brain Fallon and realized he was the singer for Gaslight. After that I was hooked. If it wasn't for Chuck Ragan and the Revival Tour I might not of found all these great musicians. Now I listen to Against Me (saw Laura Grace this Revival Tour),and Dave Hause (saw him with Gaslight this July that was a great birthday present). I love how all these musicians have such a great camaraderie with each other. I am looking forward to more great music.
Back to top Go down
DiamondSinatra
A Contender
A Contender
DiamondSinatra

PostSubject: Re: How did you discover the Gaslight Anthem?   How did you discover the Gaslight Anthem? - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 4:26 pm

thgilsag_mehtna wrote:
My son was living in New Brunswick, and he told me I needed to check out this awesome band called, "Gaslight Anthem". I put it off for about a year. Then I went to a Social Distortion concert, here in Nashville. Chuck Ragan was playing and I thought wow Chuck Ragan was awesome. Checked him out on You Tube and found the Revival Tour. There was a video from the 2011 Revival with Brain Fallon, Dave Hause, Dan Andriano, and Chuck Ragan. Of course everyone was great. I looked up Brain Fallon and realized he was the singer for Gaslight. After that I was hooked. If it wasn't for Chuck Ragan and the Revival Tour I might not of found all these great musicians. Now I listen to Against Me (saw Laura Grace this Revival Tour),and Dave Hause (saw him with Gaslight this July that was a great birthday present). I love how all these musicians have such a great camaraderie with each other. I am looking forward to more great music.

That's awesome! You look new here, welcome to the forum! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.robdirienzo.com
thgilsag_mehtna
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
thgilsag_mehtna

PostSubject: Re: How did you discover the Gaslight Anthem?   How did you discover the Gaslight Anthem? - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 7:27 pm

Thanks. I am new here, found this forum while looking for information on Brians No Release Coffee Sessions. Wish he would release it.
Back to top Go down
DianaAntonia
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: How did you discover the Gaslight Anthem?   How did you discover the Gaslight Anthem? - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2012 7:30 pm

The Gaslight Anthem headlined a punk-festival here in Sweden called West Coast Riot. I listened to "The 59th sound" and "Here's looking at you kid" at home and I really liked them both.
Then I saw their album (59th sound) in a record-store and bought it straight away.

But I became a real fan after the concert. I really fell in love with the band. I was jumping, trying to sing along to all the lyrics (which I didn't know) and I was smiling all the time. Haha, good times.
Back to top Go down
Andy_
A Contender
A Contender
Andy_

PostSubject: Re: How did you discover the Gaslight Anthem?   How did you discover the Gaslight Anthem? - Page 14 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2012 4:33 am

Saw 59 sound on kerrang and fell in love with it. Still my favourite song. Saw them twice , Leeds festival 2010 and Leeds 2012
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/@DrewsBatches

PostSubject: Re: How did you discover the Gaslight Anthem?   How did you discover the Gaslight Anthem? - Page 14 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 10:11 am

My brother got me the first 2 CD's for Christmas last year and once I listened to them I was hooked!
Back to top Go down
virginiasheart
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
virginiasheart

PostSubject: Re: How did you discover the Gaslight Anthem?   How did you discover the Gaslight Anthem? - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 6:37 am

I've always been a big fan of The Clash and back when was when I was 17 and Sink or Swim was first released, someone I randomly met at a bookstore suggested I give the album a try. I used to always listen to the last track on every new album first, so the first song I heard by them was Red at Night.

I just laid on my bed crying, it was so beautiful.
Back to top Go down
Definitely_Josef
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Definitely_Josef

PostSubject: Re: How did you discover the Gaslight Anthem?   How did you discover the Gaslight Anthem? - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 5:40 am

virginiasheart wrote:
used to always listen to the last track on every new album first

So, why is that if I may ask? I like the idea.
Back to top Go down
BuddyHolly
A Contender
A Contender
BuddyHolly

PostSubject: Re: How did you discover the Gaslight Anthem?   How did you discover the Gaslight Anthem? - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2012 11:19 am

By the time 59 Sound came out they were quite popular at punknews.org. Normally I don't like those "hyped" bands and at first (withouth listening to them) I somehow thought they'd be another Against Me. But somehow, when they ended up at #1 at punknews' best of 2008 list, I downloaded 59 Sound anyway. About a month or later I was riding my bike (that's what we Dutch do) back home and I figured I'd give the album a shot. First three songs of the albums just blew my mind and I was hooked right away.

A couple of weeks later I found out the guys would be playing literrely 200 meters from my house so I got me a ticket for that show. Later on they were confirmed to be playing Pinkpop which I would already attend.

So within half a year I got hooked to their music and I got to see them live twice. Been a fan since.
Back to top Go down
FelixMA
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
FelixMA

PostSubject: Re: How did you discover the Gaslight Anthem?   How did you discover the Gaslight Anthem? - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2012 5:45 pm

I'd heard 59 sound (the song) by them on Kerrang and Q tv and liked it, but being a silly 15/16 year old I never made the logical progression of "I like this song, I should listen to more of this band in case I like their other stuff as well!" and then when I was at Leeds fest in 2009 we had no one to see so just kinda started dossing around the tents seeing if we could catch a cool band, and we walked in to the NME tent just as they were taking the stage. So, I convinced my friends to stay 'cos from what I'd heard they were alright and I was surprised when I recognised Old White Lincoln and Backseat, so I thought "these guys are pretty cool" and as the gig went on I became more and more mesmerized by the performance. The energy they put in to it and the fact that they were clearly over-joyed to be just playing music and having people listen was something I don't think I'd seen before, or at least not this extent. Pretty much as soon as I got home I went out and bough 59 sound and honestly, it blew me away, from start to finish. Once I realised how much I liked these guys I went out and bough SoS and downloaded Senor & The Queen (I couldn't find a hard copy of it).
Back to top Go down
rdghst
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
rdghst

PostSubject: Re: How did you discover the Gaslight Anthem?   How did you discover the Gaslight Anthem? - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 10:34 pm

My Friend was raving about them, so i checked them out about a year ago and havent looked back since. TGA has become one of my top 5 favorite bands.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/josh.mcardle.7?ref=tn_tnmn
HolyBreakOfDay
Wooderson
Wooderson
HolyBreakOfDay

PostSubject: Re: How did you discover the Gaslight Anthem?   How did you discover the Gaslight Anthem? - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2012 6:50 pm

I discovered them in a magazine called Vive le rock (french title but english magazine), they were writting about an upcoming album called American Slang so I checked that band I love you
Back to top Go down
http://rockthiswayforum.forumsactifs.com/forum
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How did you discover the Gaslight Anthem?   How did you discover the Gaslight Anthem? - Page 14 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How did you discover the Gaslight Anthem?
Page 14 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next