DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Album

Go down 
+35
Scarlett
ilockyer
tigrr13
Zapuda
Palmer89
simo
Stevearm
thecosmickid
steph
ktp
lynchyeatspizza
TGAFAN25
twistednightmare
Reinvent good times
steady now steady now
Daire
Norb
andy.mac
CABBAGEDoVD!
billy pilgrim
e7c
manz
rhg5010
Forum Owner
vamike
liveit
ksupilot
Stalls_Standing
MCStevepants
Prisoner
LBAZ
Vibes
Jukebox Romeo
JoshRaymond
39 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
AuthorMessage
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

New Album - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Album   New Album - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 2:19 pm

Ok, so they played a new song at their Wellmont show on 11 December; it's called 'Bring It On'. At this point (the day after), no-one has come across a boot yet, but that may only be a matter of time. Some folks say they wouldn't wanna listen to it anyway, they'd rather wait for the album.

Now, we are a long way from the new album; the guys aren't even in the studio. Brian once said something like that he may need to write 40 songs to get 10 great ones for an album. In consequence, 'Bring It On' may not even make it onto the album, and may not even be a B side, but it's good to know that those who heard it, thought it sounded great and that the guys have clearly still got that TGA factor.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

New Album - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Album   New Album - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 4:37 pm

I kinda doubt they would play a song live that might not even make a b-side unless they just wanted to judge reactions.
Back to top Go down
RobertODonnell
Wooderson
Wooderson
RobertODonnell

New Album - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Album   New Album - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 5:15 pm

It would be really interesting to see what they would do with a longer, Jungleland-type song
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

New Album - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Album   New Album - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 6:09 am

Brian has said that the third album is slated to be released on June 15.

"We're calling the record 'American Slang'; that's the best description of us."

"There are no names and none of the old stuff. I feel like I've said a lot of what I had to say about that old stuff. I'm moving on. ... ['American Slang'] is a hyper-literal album. These stories are coming out of my life and the reflections on the things I've gotten as I've gotten older. It's more autobiographical, definitely more direct. Not so shrouded in mystery. I'm not trying to confuse anyone with a trail of images on this one."

taken from http://www.expressnightout.com/content/2010/01/brian-fallon-the-gaslight-anthem-black-cat.php</A>
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
Sponsored content

New Album - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Album   New Album - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Album
Page 8 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8