DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Album

Go down 
+35
Scarlett
ilockyer
tigrr13
Zapuda
Palmer89
simo
Stevearm
thecosmickid
steph
ktp
lynchyeatspizza
TGAFAN25
twistednightmare
Reinvent good times
steady now steady now
Daire
Norb
andy.mac
CABBAGEDoVD!
billy pilgrim
e7c
manz
rhg5010
Forum Owner
vamike
liveit
ksupilot
Stalls_Standing
MCStevepants
Prisoner
LBAZ
Vibes
Jukebox Romeo
JoshRaymond
39 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Vibes
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Vibes

New Album - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Album   New Album - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 2:08 pm

Prisoner, the world needs more songs like that.

I wouldn't be surprised if the guy from Heartless Bastards does show up doing the pedal steel.
Back to top Go down
http://www.zackshapiro.com
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

New Album - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Album   New Album - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 2:55 pm

Brian talks about the new album at Leeds Festival 2009

www.nme.com/video/bcid/36074092001/search/NME
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
Forum Owner
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Forum Owner

New Album - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Album   New Album - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 4:51 pm

Whatever it is it will be brilliant!
Back to top Go down
https://thegaslightanthem.forumotion.com

New Album - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Album   New Album - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 5:07 pm

Damn right Kropo.

That's a great interview with Brian on NME... it's great he's still so humble despite the success (assume that's TGA's tourbus he's stood by... f it is it looks a lot different from the vans they were using the first time I saw them! Looks like that revisit to the UK in November they mentioned won't be shows though...

My friend saw them at Leeds (I've been banging onto him about them for a year) and said they were amazing.
Back to top Go down
JoshRaymond
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JoshRaymond

New Album - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Album   New Album - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 5:17 pm

God damn I can't wait for this new record all this talk makes the waiting harder
Back to top Go down
Prisoner
Wooderson
Wooderson
Prisoner

New Album - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Album   New Album - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 10:39 am

andy.mac wrote:
KSUpilot wrote:
I would also like to hear some blues songs out of them. They kinda leaned towards that sound on '59 Sound with "Even Cowgirls Get the Blues".

I think it would sound great.

yeah man. that's a great song, they've got an awesome live version of it on youtube & it sounds even better live.

Yes a bluesy song would be awesome.
I love their live intro of Angry Johnny with the bluesy guitarsolo's in the beginning
Back to top Go down
andy.mac
Wooderson
Wooderson
andy.mac

New Album - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Album   New Album - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 10:42 am

Their live intro to film noir is quite bluesy aswell. I've got a video of their set at pinkpop and I swear I've listened to that intro a hundred times.
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

New Album - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Album   New Album - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 10:57 am

a few comments from Benny (at Leeds) about new material and the new album

http://www.contactmusic.com/videos.nsf/video/the-gaslight-anthem-video-interview-at-leeds-festival-2009-x03x09x09
Back to top Go down

New Album - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Album   New Album - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 11:06 am

The more I think about it the more I get the feeling that this next record could make them huge...
Back to top Go down
Palmer89
Wooderson
Wooderson

New Album - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Album   New Album - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 12:40 pm

The interviewer was awful for that interview.

Never really heard much from Benny though, good to hear (a lengthy) interview with him).

It's still amazing how down to earth they all seem.

The new record will be plastered all over NME, Kerrang and Radio One I think, I wonder how big they will be afterwards.
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

New Album - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Album   New Album - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 4:38 pm

Palmer89 wrote:
Never really heard much from Benny though, good to hear (a lengthy) interview with him.

for the best Benny interview of all, listen to him talking to Ronen Kauffman in Episode 40 of the Issue Oriented podcasts at www.issueoriented.com/
Back to top Go down
Vibes
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Vibes

New Album - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Album   New Album - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 1:22 pm

It's a great interview. Ronen's good at it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.zackshapiro.com
Zapuda
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

New Album - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Album   New Album - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 3:39 am

When asked when to expect the new album the other night in Cincy at Bogarts Brian said June.
Back to top Go down
andy.mac
Wooderson
Wooderson
andy.mac

New Album - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Album   New Album - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 5:24 am

i'd like to hear some harmonica and guitar solos in the new album.

not all over the album but a song or two with a harmonica or a solo would be nice.
Back to top Go down
Prisoner
Wooderson
Wooderson
Prisoner

New Album - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Album   New Album - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 10:01 am

andy.mac wrote:
i'd like to hear some harmonica and guitar solos in the new album.

not all over the album but a song or two with a harmonica or a solo would be nice.

yeah they said they are going to sound like Chuck Berry, The Clash and The Kinks on the next record so I hope they bring out some rock and roll solo's
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

New Album - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Album   New Album - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 7:00 pm

a relevant Tweet from Brian, 22 Sept:

"New songs, good shows! Gearing up for the new record, writing on the tour everyday a little bit, London CAlling to the far away towns!"

twitter.com/briangaslight
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

New Album - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Album   New Album - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 12:11 am

I'm so pumped for this album...hoping to hear those Clash influences shine through.
Back to top Go down
thecosmickid
Wooderson
Wooderson
thecosmickid

New Album - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Album   New Album - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 12:39 pm

When he says London's CAlling, could it be a hint that they're going to the UK? (for the rumoured november tour)
Back to top Go down

New Album - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Album   New Album - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 4:23 pm

thecosmickid wrote:
When he says London's CAlling, could it be a hint that they're going to the UK? (for the rumoured november tour)

I think this may be a nod to more explicit Clash influences on the next record.
Back to top Go down
thecosmickid
Wooderson
Wooderson
thecosmickid

New Album - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Album   New Album - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 6:10 pm

Well yeah probably, just trying to get my hopes up Razz
Back to top Go down
ktp
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ktp

New Album - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Album   New Album - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 6:32 am

i was thinking that too and hoping it could be read into meaning another tour!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ktpland.blogspot.com
tigrr13
A Contender
A Contender
tigrr13

New Album - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Album   New Album - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 1:49 am

http://www.edmontonsun.com/entertainment/music/2009/09/26/11130276-sun.html

"I've acquired a great taste for English blues from the '60s and '70s -- John Mayall and Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac. I can't get enough of it right now. I think that's coming through. So I think the spice to this will be a little different, but the meat will be similar."
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

New Album - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Album   New Album - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 2:55 am

tigrr13 wrote:

"I've acquired a great taste for English blues from the '60s and '70s -- John Mayall and Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac. I can't get enough of it right now. I think that's coming through. So I think the spice to this will be a little different, but the meat will be similar."

fleetwood mac...that's the first reference to the new record that i dislike. but i know ill still love it, even if they say they were influenced by madonna or the insane clown posse or something really strange like that...
Back to top Go down
Prisoner
Wooderson
Wooderson
Prisoner

New Album - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Album   New Album - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 7:05 am

steph wrote:
tigrr13 wrote:

fleetwood mac...that's the first reference to the new record that i dislike. but i know ill still love it, even if they say they were influenced by madonna or the insane clown posse or something really strange like that...

I believe Brian meant Peter Greens solo blues stuff and not Fleetwood Mac
Back to top Go down
ilockyer
A Contender
A Contender
ilockyer

New Album - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Album   New Album - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 3:59 pm

I'm almost certain he meant the original, blues, incarnation of Fleetwood Mac who were awesome, rather than the coked out (yet still, IMO, great) Rumours era band.

Am really looking forward to the new record already, love what we already have, indeed '59 Sound was the soundtrack to my holiday in America last year so it's always going to have its place in time with me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New Album - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Album   New Album - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Album
Page 6 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next