DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Social Distortion

Go down 
+46
Harbortown
Jack
drifter69
Silver
Kosburn59
JJW319
brianisbae
fullcollapse
simo
sydney_carden
ShieldYourEyes
Hemingway
B701
NeverTrustAJunkie
Jay
AngryJohnnyN1930
Grant Michael
Down by the Mersey
kieran
Pants
Perka
tdawg
Sinngh
Johnny99
Forum Owner
Vibes
colmillionaire
CluckyB
thecosmickid
ral
Dharma Punx PGH
redd
steph
bradcooke
Stalls_Standing
andy.mac
Jukebox Romeo
Chris
JadedGoober7
faster_than_the_world@hot
The Major
Scott
dandangoose
e7c
JoshRaymond
PatientFabiWheel
50 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
andy.mac
Wooderson
Wooderson
andy.mac

Social Distortion - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Social Distortion   Social Distortion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 8:16 pm

dude, thanks for posting that, it was awesome.
Back to top Go down
JoshRaymond
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JoshRaymond

PostSubject: Re: Social Distortion   Social Distortion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 9:34 pm

i actuallly need there greatest hits album as well if you get it let me know
Back to top Go down
andy.mac
Wooderson
Wooderson
andy.mac

PostSubject: Re: Social Distortion   Social Distortion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2009 4:40 am

PatientFabiWheel wrote:
Anyone where who likes them....and if you do....what's your favorite record?

Yep, I love them. My favourite records would be a tie between 'Somewhere Between Heaven and Hell' and 'Social Distortion'.

However, my favourite songs are on 'Sex, Love and Rock N Roll' and they are 'Highway 101', "Winners and Losers' and 'Angel's Wings".
Back to top Go down
Stalls_Standing
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Stalls_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Social Distortion   Social Distortion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 10:27 am

Just listening to the White Light... album, this is the first Social D i've ever heard, it's great!!
Back to top Go down
andy.mac
Wooderson
Wooderson
andy.mac

PostSubject: Re: Social Distortion   Social Distortion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 10:58 am

Stalls_Standing wrote:
Just listening to the White Light... album, this is the first Social D i've ever heard, it's great!!

I love that album

Favourite songs are Untitled, Down on the world again and Under My Thumb
Back to top Go down
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: Social Distortion   Social Distortion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 1:29 pm

lol my favorites are Dear Lover, Don't Drag Me Down, and Through These Eyes. whole cd is incredible though. first Social D album i bought, and was my favorite Social D album for a long time
Back to top Go down
Stalls_Standing
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Stalls_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Social Distortion   Social Distortion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 4:38 pm

"I Was Wrong" reminds me so much of Journey - Don't Stop Believing at the start!
Back to top Go down
bradcooke
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Social Distortion   Social Distortion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 8:29 am

Just got my tickets this week for their upcoming tour. Super stoked.
I agree with most thats been said so far on this thread. Except the Mike Ness stuff. If you haven't listened yet... you must. And if you have and didn't like it... then you must have listened to it wrong Smile
Tons of classic old country covers done much better than the originals and +1 to 'Dope Fiend Blues'
Back to top Go down
andy.mac
Wooderson
Wooderson
andy.mac

PostSubject: Re: Social Distortion   Social Distortion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2009 6:29 am

for all you social d fans that weren't aware yet they've got a photo of the new line up on their myspace

i'm really looking forward to the new album
Back to top Go down
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: Social Distortion   Social Distortion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2009 1:50 pm

you're gonna be waiting awhile. it's not coming out anytime soon. there are a couple new songs on youtube to tide you over (Diamond In the Rough, Bakersfield, Still Alive), but Social D has played unreleased songs since the early '90s, and they never ended up being on an album

in other news, i may finally get to see Social D live. they're coming to Pittsburgh in october
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: Social Distortion   Social Distortion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2009 3:21 pm

theyre playing at a festival here on sept. 20, which is the same date i have tickets for gaslight in san francisco, of course i didnt know about social d before i bought the gaslight tickets. im contemplating which show i would rather go to, tough choice!
Back to top Go down
redd
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
redd

PostSubject: Re: Social Distortion   Social Distortion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2009 5:44 pm

steph wrote:
theyre playing at a festival here on sept. 20, which is the same date i have tickets for gaslight in san francisco, of course i didnt know about social d before i bought the gaslight tickets. im contemplating which show i would rather go to, tough choice!

go to Gaslight. It'll be better than a festival show and is in SF, a fine town! also, i've seen the Social D 3 or 4 times, and while it's always a good time, it's a scenester paradise. I doubt it would stand up to comparison.

i should add though, that Social Distortion hasn't really aged very well for me. If i put it on now, it's at my job because some youngin wants to hear it, or it's Sick Boys for nostalgic purposes.....actually, they're relevance for me now is strictly nostalgic (i hate hearing them outside of being sandwiched with minor threat on a tape my BF gave me as god intended). I know all of the words to those old records and i'm sure i have a few SD sing-alongs left in me (like 2), but i'm just not really feeling it anymore. His voice seems less great these days, and the songs sometimes feel like they're trying too hard to me now (too badass, too hip, too ponyboy).....His solo efforts were okay, Under the Influences, has a great cover of Bob Dylan's Don't Think Twice, and Cheating at Solitaire has some gems i spose.

i guess i feel sortof "meh" about them......I know so much more music now than i did when i listened to them, 15 years of rocknroll worship has proven what i always suspected, that other better bands have done every element of what they do before and better.
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: Social Distortion   Social Distortion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 9:47 pm

haha. dont hold back the way you feel! ive seen social d 3 or 4 times, too, i just have a softer spot for them than you do...im still holding out for that next record that never seems to come.
but im sure ill keep my gaslight tickets.
youre right about it being a scenesters paradise though, you tend to stick out if youre not full on rockabilly.
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: Social Distortion   Social Distortion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 9:49 pm

JadedGoober7 wrote:
JoshRaymond wrote:
Mommys Little Monster is one of there best.

Has anyone seen the movie with they go on tour with Youth Brigade on the school bus?. I seem to be forgetting the name right now.

Another State of Mind, watch the re-release with the Mike Ness commentary, quite funny in places...and the tit in the movie who keeps dyeing his hair different colours and thinks the movie is all about him proper winds me up.

so i just got it on dvd, used to have it on vhs but figured id check out mike ness' commentary, and i found it funny that his friend from the vandals was the one trying to make conversation, wouldn't have been much of a commentary track without him.
Back to top Go down
andy.mac
Wooderson
Wooderson
andy.mac

PostSubject: Re: Social Distortion   Social Distortion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 11:42 pm

Why is everyone is so pessimistic?

I reckon they'll release one last album and then that will be it, and I predict said album to be released in the American summer of 2010.

And guys, do you really think that Mike Ness would have grown a beard if he wasn't ready to get down to business? I mean, come on.
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: Social Distortion   Social Distortion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 12:00 am

well i was not aware of the beard-growing business...that colors my opinion differently.
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: Social Distortion   Social Distortion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 12:00 am

although a beard kinda screams "hibernation" to me...
Back to top Go down
redd
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
redd

PostSubject: Re: Social Distortion   Social Distortion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 1:33 pm

i know i sounded pretty harsh (eek). i think im just disinfranchised with those cats is all. At the end of the day though, social d still has a prominent spot in the soundtrack of my youth. im not a hater. heh.

also, to the rest of those kids i probably look like a scenester too. with all the tattoos and crap. wink.
Back to top Go down
andy.mac
Wooderson
Wooderson
andy.mac

PostSubject: Re: Social Distortion   Social Distortion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 1:48 am

steph wrote:
JadedGoober7 wrote:
JoshRaymond wrote:

Has anyone seen the movie with they go on tour with Youth Brigade on the school bus?. I seem to be forgetting the name right now.

Another State of Mind, watch the re-release with the Mike Ness commentary, quite funny in places...and the tit in the movie who keeps dyeing his hair different colours and thinks the movie is all about him proper winds me up.

so i just got it on dvd, used to have it on vhs but figured id check out mike ness' commentary, and i found it funny that his friend from the vandals was the one trying to make conversation, wouldn't have been much of a commentary track without him.

Pretty crazy how in the movie Dennis jokes about being 38
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: Social Distortion   Social Distortion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 3:02 am

evil_romantic wrote:
steph wrote:
JadedGoober7 wrote:
JoshRaymond wrote:

Pretty crazy how in the movie Dennis jokes about being 38

i never caught that before...eerie.
Back to top Go down
andy.mac
Wooderson
Wooderson
andy.mac

PostSubject: Re: Social Distortion   Social Distortion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 1:26 am

New Mike Ness interview from 30.06.2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fVDvtqc9Ws

There's 3 parts to that baby, so use your interweb skills and track 'em down.

In all honesty, it's pretty boring, I kinda feel embarrassed for Mike Ness for being interviewed by such a boring dude with such crap questions.

Best part is that they are heading into the studio December 09 / January 10 to record, with a release scheduled for early next year.
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: Social Distortion   Social Distortion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 5:57 pm

kinda boring, yeah, maybe some of it's due to the language barrier. also i hate when interviews like this have music playing in the background at almost the same level of the voices...makes it annoying to listen to.
when this next record comes out we need to have a party!
Back to top Go down
andy.mac
Wooderson
Wooderson
andy.mac

PostSubject: Re: Social Distortion   Social Distortion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 10:29 pm

Probably one of the better interviews that Mike Ness has done:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlkIxlT17ro

Recently added on the 04/08/09.
Back to top Go down
JoshRaymond
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JoshRaymond

PostSubject: Re: Social Distortion   Social Distortion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 6:16 pm

just out of curiousity, does anyone know when they added Atom Willard on drums?
Back to top Go down
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: Social Distortion   Social Distortion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 9:17 pm

it was announced on 4/23 on Social D's website:
Quote :
After ten amazing years behind the drum kit
for Social Distortion, Charlie “Chalo” Quintana has announced he’s
moving on to explore other musical opportunities. Charlie had this to
say about his departure, “Playing with Social D for ten years was a
good time in my life. I was lucky to play on two Social D records and
the second solo album, and I am proud to have been part of the band. We
hit some spectacular heights which I will never forget – adios amigos!”

Filling
Charlie’s big shoes is none other than Atom Willard. You’ve probably
seen Atom wailing on the skins with Rocket From The Crypt, The