DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Social Distortion

Go down 
+46
Harbortown
Jack
drifter69
Silver
Kosburn59
JJW319
brianisbae
fullcollapse
simo
sydney_carden
ShieldYourEyes
Hemingway
B701
NeverTrustAJunkie
Jay
AngryJohnnyN1930
Grant Michael
Down by the Mersey
kieran
Pants
Perka
tdawg
Sinngh
Johnny99
Forum Owner
Vibes
colmillionaire
CluckyB
thecosmickid
ral
Dharma Punx PGH
redd
steph
bradcooke
Stalls_Standing
andy.mac
Jukebox Romeo
Chris
JadedGoober7
faster_than_the_world@hot
The Major
Scott
dandangoose
e7c
JoshRaymond
PatientFabiWheel
50 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
fullcollapse
Wooderson
Wooderson
fullcollapse

Social Distortion - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Social Distortion   Social Distortion - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 10:52 pm

Social D, Chuck, Sharks... conveniently scheduled for Cincinnati when we will be heading back to Chicago from Bamboozle. This couldn't be more perfect. I'll probably end up crying later tonight when it sinks in that all this is going to happen. So awesome.

Haven't been to a show at Bogarts in Cincy in years. High school stomping grounds, for sure.
Back to top Go down
Silver
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Silver

PostSubject: Re: Social Distortion   Social Distortion - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 10:59 pm

Sinngh wrote:
SD just announced a concert at the Docks in Hamburg, 20 days after Gaslight's date. Oh yes.

And also a concert for Berlin!!! cheers
Support will be Frank Turner, so I think the ticket-price of 35 Euro is quiet acceptable.
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

PostSubject: Re: Social Distortion   Social Distortion - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 2:39 am

oldgospelchoir wrote:
colmillionaire wrote:
Asbury Park show also got rescheduled. Here is the info. All of the previous tickets from the cancelled show are honored at this one.

Social Distortion
Chuck Ragan
Sharks

Outdoor stage May 14th. First show on the outdoor stage this year.

kinda weak line up compared to the original one of Social D/Lucero/Frank Turner

Lucero and Frank were pretty much the perfect openers for social d. Rather unfair to compare anything else. Ragan and Sharks are both good in their own regards and as others have mentioned, people still got to see Lucero and Frank for free when they cancelled.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Social Distortion   Social Distortion - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 2:49 am

Social D is on tour with Lucero and Chuck Ragan right now, all over the west coast. but the tickets are super expensive. Thank god for Lucero playing headline shows in their off days, gonna go see one of em for super cheap.

Im still disappointed the Social D-Lucero-Frank Turner show didnt come to California.
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: Social Distortion   Social Distortion - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 6:14 am

I like the new record, but no where as much as I liked the last one. I don't think they've grown as much as Mr. Fallon thinks they have.
Back to top Go down
drifter69
Wooderson
Wooderson
drifter69

PostSubject: Re: Social Distortion   Social Distortion - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 8:41 pm

i freaking love the new album!
Back to top Go down
http://www.mafiamusic.proboards99.com
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

PostSubject: Re: Social Distortion   Social Distortion - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 9:51 pm

From their twitter:

http://yfrog.com/h46zfdoj

Little kids probably don't even realize how lucky they are to get Mike Ness to read 'em a story.
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: Social Distortion   Social Distortion - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 7:07 am

i still am not as enthralled by it as i feel like i should be, but maybe that's cause my fave social d record is mommy's littler monster
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Social Distortion   Social Distortion - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 11:48 am

Love this record. Favorite Social D album right now.
Back to top Go down
http://roseboulevard.bandcamp.com

PostSubject: Re: Social Distortion   Social Distortion - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 4:06 pm

JohnnyC wrote:
Love this record. Favorite Social D album right now.

i agree, really loving the new reocrd
Back to top Go down
AngryJohnnyN1930
A Contender
A Contender
AngryJohnnyN1930

PostSubject: Re: Social Distortion   Social Distortion - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 4:23 pm

"We met in the spring time, when blossoms unfold....."

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: Social Distortion   Social Distortion - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 2:33 pm

I love Social Distortion, I saw them in 2009, the first SD show in Sweden for 12 years. It was great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVjIh6E8AYs

This is probably one of the greatest songs they've ever written, in my opinion. It's like a nice country song, with rock guitars.
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: Social Distortion   Social Distortion - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 12:39 am

meh...i prefer songs like this one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSpxIp2nvJk

but my favorite record of theirs is Mommy's Little Monster, so...different tastes.
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: Social Distortion   Social Distortion - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 6:07 am

Yeah that one's good too, the entire album is good. Bad Luck is the first SD song I got into.

I do love their punkier songs, when I saw them they opened up with Don't drag me down, it was so intense. Staying on two feet was really hard with all those 7 feet sailors jumping around.
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: Social Distortion   Social Distortion - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 6:25 am

haha yeah, sometimes those shows are super fun, sometimes they suck (when you can barely touch your feet to the ground!). it can be really great when everyone is getting into it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Social Distortion   Social Distortion - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 3:18 pm

New Short Film style Music Video

Back to top Go down
JJW319
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
JJW319

PostSubject: Re: Social Distortion   Social Distortion - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 7:59 pm

That is so cool. Wish more music videos were like this
Back to top Go down
Tiffany
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Tiffany

PostSubject: Re: Social Distortion   Social Distortion - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 9:28 pm

That video rules.
Back to top Go down
Kosburn59
Wooderson
Wooderson
Kosburn59

PostSubject: Re: Social Distortion   Social Distortion - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 9:51 pm

...SICK. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: Social Distortion   Social Distortion - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 3:52 pm

that video is fuckin awesome. it's a lot like "public enemies".
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: Social Distortion   Social Distortion - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 3:55 pm

CluckyB wrote:
From their twitter:

http://yfrog.com/h46zfdoj

Little kids probably don't even realize how lucky they are to get Mike Ness to read 'em a story.

is that really mike ness in the chair? is he bald or what?
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: Social Distortion   Social Distortion - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2011 2:45 pm

Did anyone go to the Stone Pony last night? I thought Social D was great but the crowd was quiet til Story of My Life. I also love how Matt Pinfield tweeted today that Mike Ness dedicated Reach For the Sky to "my years at college radio." Is that the case? Cus I don't believe I heard Pinfield's name mentioned at all in conjunction with the song. Would be interesting that their connection went back that far though. I actually loved the version they did of the song! Chuck and Sharks singer (don't know his name) came out for it, which was cool.

Yeah Mike is losing his hair. But that happens when you're in your 50's sometimes!
Back to top Go down
brianisbae
A Contender
A Contender
brianisbae

PostSubject: Re: Social Distortion   Social Distortion - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 8:43 pm

I saw them last night at Lupo's in RI. I thought Sharks and Chuck Ragan were great, but when Social D came on...woah. I lost it haha, I was right up front, which is kind of a first for me because I usually hang back a little. They played sooo well. Hopefully they'll come back around soon.
Back to top Go down
nebraska
A Contender
A Contender
nebraska

PostSubject: Re: Social Distortion   Social Distortion - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 10:01 pm

mike ness will never die!! the last album was greaaat! but I still think that white light... is a masterpiece
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: Social Distortion   Social Distortion - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 1:40 am

I took some photos at the Stone Pony show and wrote about it but I feel like such a whore every time I post a link. But if you're interested, I will Smile

The show made me kick my inner high school self for not getting into them a million years ago. But better late than never? Did you like how they did Reach For the Sky? I prefer the electric, but I liked this version too. Sharks exceeded my expectations so that was cool, and of course Chuck was great.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Social Distortion   Social Distortion - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Social Distortion
Page 8 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next