DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Brian Fallon & The Crowes US / CAN Tour 2016

Go down 
+58
etomford
Smasha13
shiftynj
33RPMHero
Navesink Banks
BossTime
Prisoner
Jaws
fatbench
pwm112
Keele
aaydmc2
Fail
riversedge
Jerseyrain
Chris Riot
brunswick18
ifieverstray
Christophe
NotLikeWeBleed
NeverTrustAJunkie
SirBrad
eagles1139
allamericandan1
ivienco
MKULTRA
cowgirlwiththeblues
bootime
Mae
Asmith1912
mja271
jonnyz83
dmwhalen
JacksSmirkingRevenge
moosicmaniac
fullcollapse
pleasepassthesoup
miked331
cmigs
enola
Shrewsbury_Stars
brianisbae
lol_paul_ledoux
shredderrrrrr
DeathoftheCool
StitchesOnTheRadio
JimmyB
Rose1991
Debonair
Bobul
brianpd
bt211
cms35
Anya_TGA
Coltrane
The_River
turnitin2004
steady now steady now
62 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
mja271
A Contender
A Contender

Brian Fallon & The Crowes US / CAN Tour 2016 - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon & The Crowes US / CAN Tour 2016   Brian Fallon & The Crowes US / CAN Tour 2016 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2016 10:42 am

He did The Backseat at a CA show last month so it's not the first, but yea that's pretty shocking lol. Hope a video pops up
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon & The Crowes US / CAN Tour 2016   Brian Fallon & The Crowes US / CAN Tour 2016 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2016 10:49 am

mja271 wrote:
pwm112 wrote:
http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/brian-fallon/2016/irving-plaza-new-york-ny-4bf0effe.html

So, um, Stray Paper???

Could have given me 30 guesses as to the first Gaslight song to break into the BF&tC's setlist and I would not have come up with Stray Paper.

Anyway, discuss.

He did The Backseat at a CA show last month so it's not the first, but yea that's pretty shocking lol. Hope a video pops up

Stray Paper video https://www.facebook.com/zach.edelman.7/videos/975417572539672/
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
turnitin2004
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon & The Crowes US / CAN Tour 2016   Brian Fallon & The Crowes US / CAN Tour 2016 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2016 10:58 am

Yeah that was pretty freaking awesome. I'm glad he knew he would be able to give that a shot with that audience. I didn't see anyone taping at all almost whole show so yeah hopefully someone got that!
Back to top Go down
turnitin2004
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon & The Crowes US / CAN Tour 2016   Brian Fallon & The Crowes US / CAN Tour 2016 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2016 10:59 am

Yeah that was pretty freaking awesome. I'm glad he knew he would be able to give that a shot with that audience. I didn't see anyone taping at all almost whole show so yeah hopefully someone got that!
Back to top Go down
cmigs
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon & The Crowes US / CAN Tour 2016   Brian Fallon & The Crowes US / CAN Tour 2016 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2016 2:29 pm

I was there... it was pretty amazing. But I also thought the whole show was amazing.
Back to top Go down
JacksSmirkingRevenge
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon & The Crowes US / CAN Tour 2016   Brian Fallon & The Crowes US / CAN Tour 2016 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2016 2:47 pm

Yeah, that was a reeeeeally stellar show. The aforementioned "Stray Paper" reworking was great, "Atlantic City" was suddenly a very sexy song somehow, it was amazing, haha. The new stuff sounded great (was surprised "Open All Night" didn't get played, though). Was hoping he was leading into a "Teenage Dream" cover at one point when he started talking about "doing something a little different," oh well. A great set overall.
Back to top Go down
fatbench
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon & The Crowes US / CAN Tour 2016   Brian Fallon & The Crowes US / CAN Tour 2016 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2016 6:12 pm

I wanted to love the show last night, but I didn't really. Totally subjective, obviously. I'm just not in love with this new album so far, and I thought the music sounded saturated. I know it's his friend, but he could have easily lost the 12 string acoustic guitar on stage and probably sounded better for it.

That said, some of the Elsie songs did sound good, and Stray Paper gave me chills and made the whole night worth it. I'm really glad I was there to experience that version.
Back to top Go down
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Anya_TGA

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon & The Crowes US / CAN Tour 2016   Brian Fallon & The Crowes US / CAN Tour 2016 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2016 7:45 pm

quick question..does anyone maybe know if there are T'shirts from The Scandals for sale?
Back to top Go down
turnitin2004
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon & The Crowes US / CAN Tour 2016   Brian Fallon & The Crowes US / CAN Tour 2016 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2016 8:56 pm

I didnt specifically notice shirts for sale, but I know jared did have merch at the table, so I would be surprised if he didnt have shirts there.
Back to top Go down
Jaws
A Contender
A Contender
Jaws

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon & The Crowes US / CAN Tour 2016   Brian Fallon & The Crowes US / CAN Tour 2016 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2016 11:11 am

Has Brian been coming out after shows? I was gonna try and get my Elsie LP signed tonight.
Back to top Go down
Prisoner
Wooderson
Wooderson
Prisoner

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon & The Crowes US / CAN Tour 2016   Brian Fallon & The Crowes US / CAN Tour 2016 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2016 12:46 pm

Stray Paper video.

Brian is playing  a Gretsch Penguin now. Probably inspired by Ian ha

Last edited by Prisoner on Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon & The Crowes US / CAN Tour 2016   Brian Fallon & The Crowes US / CAN Tour 2016 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2016 1:04 pm

Anya_TGA wrote:
quick question..does anyone maybe know if there are T'shirts from The Scandals for sale?

Not sure about the scandals. he definitely has a couple solo t-shirts so maybe he'd have like one? I'll try and remember to check tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Anya_TGA

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon & The Crowes US / CAN Tour 2016   Brian Fallon & The Crowes US / CAN Tour 2016 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2016 2:52 pm

StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
Anya_TGA wrote:

Not sure about the scandals. he definitely has a couple solo t-shirts so maybe he'd have like one? I'll try and remember to check tomorrow.

ok, thanks Smile
Back to top Go down
BossTime
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
BossTime

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon & The Crowes US / CAN Tour 2016   Brian Fallon & The Crowes US / CAN Tour 2016 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2016 3:52 pm

Kind of a delayed post but I was at the NY show at Irving Plaza earlier this week and am still on a high from it. I saw the Foxwoods show as well in January and my feeling on both are that they really remind me of the buzz at the Gaslight shows before they started playing larger venues. The crowds have been respectful and are there for the music, not the party. Brian is having a ton of fun and it shows through in his performances. The Horrible Crowes stuff sounds incredible now that he is polishing it up live. Atlantic City and Stray Paper, needless to say, were unique highlights. I am really digging all of the new songs of course too. Overall I am loving these shows.
Back to top Go down
mja271
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon & The Crowes US / CAN Tour 2016   Brian Fallon & The Crowes US / CAN Tour 2016 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2016 2:43 am

Fun show in Boston tonight. The band sounded great, felt tighter than the Foxwoods show (even though they sounded spot on then too). The selection of THC songs was much better this show, great getting to hear Sugar, GTE, and Mary Ann, which all were absent on the mini winter tour. Low Love and Georgia sounded great. My disappointment was in not hearing any of Among Other Foolish Things, Rosemary, Mojo Hand, and Open All Night as they are probably all in my top 5 for the record. Glad I heard them all in January but it would've been nice to get at least a couple knowing the songs more now. Also Atlantic City is my favorite song ever so missing it again stings a bit. Overall though, a super fun time. Cool venue, great Brian banter, and an energetic performance.
Back to top Go down
Navesink Banks
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon & The Crowes US / CAN Tour 2016   Brian Fallon & The Crowes US / CAN Tour 2016 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2016 10:19 am

Hi folks, heading to both shows today. Can anyone give me a rough idea of set times for the three acts the last few shows? Thanks in advance.
Back to top Go down
miked331
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon & The Crowes US / CAN Tour 2016   Brian Fallon & The Crowes US / CAN Tour 2016 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2016 11:01 am

How has no one commented on Starland yet?

That show last night was incredible. Brian energy, singing, everything was at top levels all night. The new songs were great. The HC songs were ridiculous. Those songs just keep growing and developing and Brian brought an amazing amount of energy to them.

And National Anthem!!!! Wow. Just wow.
Back to top Go down
miked331
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon & The Crowes US / CAN Tour 2016   Brian Fallon & The Crowes US / CAN Tour 2016 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2016 11:02 am

Also Starland is just the best place for a show around here
Back to top Go down
bt211
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon & The Crowes US / CAN Tour 2016   Brian Fallon & The Crowes US / CAN Tour 2016 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2016 6:33 pm

miked331 wrote:
How has no one commented on Starland yet?

That show last night was incredible. Brian energy, singing, everything was at top levels all night. The new songs were great. The HC songs were ridiculous. Those songs just keep growing and developing and Brian brought an amazing amount of energy to them.

And National Anthem!!!! Wow. Just wow.

Many thanks to Zach for capturing National Anthem. It was absolutely magical with everyone joining in.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adIgz0RJKoc&feature=youtu.be&app=desktop
Back to top Go down
bt211
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon & The Crowes US / CAN Tour 2016   Brian Fallon & The Crowes US / CAN Tour 2016 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2016 7:14 pm

I went to Irving Plaza, Royale in Boston, Vintage Vinyl and Starland this week. Totally sleep deprived after taking the overnight Amtrak back to Boston two times this week and having to productively function during the day but it was so worthwhile. Starland was originally my weekend backup in case I couldn't get the afternoon off work to go to Irving Plaza but once I had the tickets for both  Wink and Vintage Vinyl came up I couldn't help myself going to both. And I am so glad I did, each night was a little different and I wouldn't have wanted to have missed any of them. And the excitement of record release day and Vintage Vinyl on Saturday.

When I compare these three shows to the three I saw in January (Portland, Foxwoods, and Webster Hall), I'd say the band sounded incredible in January and now they sound even more incredible and besides Brian's vocals I love the moments when Ian shines with his guitar work and Jared's harmonies. As for the set lists, I'll never forget Portland hearing some of the new songs for the very first time but I was also hoping they'd keep all the new songs in the set list each night as mja271 was saying above. I wonder if they had the impression after the first shows that they lost our attention with too much of the new songs .. certainly not me! A twenty-song set list including three more of the new songs would be just perfect.  

Here are a few of my pictures from this week:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/36455967@N00/albums/72157663562586593

Now would it be too greedy to hope for a Stone Pony show over the summer???
Back to top Go down
miked331
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon & The Crowes US / CAN Tour 2016   Brian Fallon & The Crowes US / CAN Tour 2016 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2016 7:46 pm

I think it's almost a lock for summer stage
Back to top Go down
Keele
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon & The Crowes US / CAN Tour 2016   Brian Fallon & The Crowes US / CAN Tour 2016 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2016 1:53 am

Brian played a full band version of The Blues Mary tonight in Toronto. I'm curious to hear if the same version that will be the Painkillers B-side.

Also, I'd love for him to record a full band cover of Atlantic City. That was perfect.
Back to top Go down
mja271
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon & The Crowes US / CAN Tour 2016   Brian Fallon & The Crowes US / CAN Tour 2016 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2016 2:03 am

So jealous. Saw a brief clip on Instagram and it sounded awesome. The Boston show was great but it's a bummer seeing these sets around it with songs like Among Other Foolish Things, Rosemary, Atlantic City, National Anthem, Stray Paper and now Blues Mary. Would've absolutely loved to hear some of those. Until next time.

Back to top Go down
Jaws
A Contender
A Contender
Jaws

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon & The Crowes US / CAN Tour 2016   Brian Fallon & The Crowes US / CAN Tour 2016 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2016 10:24 pm

mja271 wrote:
So jealous. Saw a brief clip on Instagram and it sounded awesome. The Boston show was great but it's a bummer seeing these sets around it with songs like Among Other Foolish Things, Rosemary, Atlantic City, National Anthem, Stray Paper and now Blues Mary. Would've absolutely loved to hear some of those. Until next time.

Right? I was hoping to hear a bit more off Painkillers, but I was happy to hear so much of Elsie. Double-edged sword. But when I saw him cut Rosemary and jump right into Mary Ann, I can't say I wasn't a little disappointed.
Back to top Go down
33RPMHero
Wooderson
Wooderson
33RPMHero

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon & The Crowes US / CAN Tour 2016   Brian Fallon & The Crowes US / CAN Tour 2016 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2016 1:22 am

Anyone going to the show in Kansas City on March 22?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon & The Crowes US / CAN Tour 2016   Brian Fallon & The Crowes US / CAN Tour 2016 - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Brian Fallon & The Crowes US / CAN Tour 2016
Page 7 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next