DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Brian Fallon & The Crowes US / CAN Tour 2016

Go down 
+58
etomford
Smasha13
shiftynj
33RPMHero
Navesink Banks
BossTime
Prisoner
Jaws
fatbench
pwm112
Keele
aaydmc2
Fail
riversedge
Jerseyrain
Chris Riot
brunswick18
ifieverstray
Christophe
NotLikeWeBleed
NeverTrustAJunkie
SirBrad
eagles1139
allamericandan1
ivienco
MKULTRA
cowgirlwiththeblues
bootime
Mae
Asmith1912
mja271
jonnyz83
dmwhalen
JacksSmirkingRevenge
moosicmaniac
fullcollapse
pleasepassthesoup
miked331
cmigs
enola
Shrewsbury_Stars
brianisbae
lol_paul_ledoux
shredderrrrrr
DeathoftheCool
StitchesOnTheRadio
JimmyB
Rose1991
Debonair
Bobul
brianpd
bt211
cms35
Anya_TGA
Coltrane
The_River
turnitin2004
steady now steady now
62 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Christophe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Christophe

Brian Fallon & The Crowes US / CAN Tour 2016 - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon & The Crowes US / CAN Tour 2016   Brian Fallon & The Crowes US / CAN Tour 2016 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2016 4:37 pm

I am not normally keen when songs get changed like when they changed the original Biloxi Parish. I preferred the original version of that song. But with Long Drives I really love the new version. I can't wait to hear it on the record. I think the new version sounds more upbeat and less dark lyric-wise like the original.
Back to top Go down
mja271
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon & The Crowes US / CAN Tour 2016   Brian Fallon & The Crowes US / CAN Tour 2016 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2016 5:06 pm

Kind of hard to compare the Biloxi changes to Long Drives. BP was still pretty much the same song with a solo and bridge instead of a third verse where Long Drives is basically a new song with the pre-chorus and chorus of the original thrown in. I didn't hate it but I don't think I'll ever like it as much as the MATZ version which I thought was darn near perfect. Obviously will wait to hear a recorded version before passing full judgement, but meh to the change so far. Otherwise I really think this album will be fantastic.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon & The Crowes US / CAN Tour 2016   Brian Fallon & The Crowes US / CAN Tour 2016 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2016 7:25 pm

Christophe wrote:
I am not normally keen when songs get changed like when they changed the original Biloxi Parish. I preferred the original version of that song. But with Long Drives I really love the new version.  I can't wait to hear it on the record.  I think the new version sounds more upbeat and less dark lyric-wise like the original.

I think we may be the only ones. Everyone else I talk to is not pleased. I'm also usually bummed about things like this but I love the new version as well!
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon & The Crowes US / CAN Tour 2016   Brian Fallon & The Crowes US / CAN Tour 2016 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2016 7:42 pm

NotLikeWeBleed wrote:
I went to the show in Wilmington, and yeah Long Drives threw me for a loop too. I was nodding along to what I thought might be a new song, and then all the sudden......the kiss from below line and I knew I wasn't really feeling it….

….One other thing I wanted to ask to the people who have been thus far.......does anyone else dislike this drummer they have? scratch  Dude just looks miserable the entire time lol, the guys next to me heard me whisper it to my girl and they were like yeah man he looks like he's at a funeral haha. They might have been pushing it a little lol. He just looked ready to get in and get the hell back out.

Did he not preface the change to Long Drives at any other show? In CT he went into the longest analogy ever that didn’t really relate but was pretty funny about pajamas and sticking you ankle out from under the covers to keep cool. It was supposed to relate to Long Drives and how it can feel uncomfortable but you find a way to adjust and it’s all good, I guess?

Idk if I’d say “dislike” that seems a bit strong for a drummer I’ve barely noticed playing a show one time, haha. But yeah he looked very much how I do at work. And I like my job enough but it’s not like “yay! favorite way to spend my time”. I was more caught up in thinking he didn’t have the most interesting parts to play. Haha maybe he was bored.

Rose1991 wrote:
I honestly barely even looked at the drummer, but you might be onto something.

Also, I don't know if Smoke was intentionally switched up or if it just sounded different because it was live, but to me it sounded a bit jittery and didn't move the way it does on the record. It was one of the first ones they did at my show so it was probably just them warming up a bit, but yeah, Smoke did sound kind of off.

Glad I’m not the only one who thinks something was off about Smoke lately. It was one of the first they played in CT as well and I also blamed it on that, but it was weird. Hopefully whatever it is works itself out because that song is definitely a favorite of mine!
Back to top Go down
The_River
A Contender
A Contender
The_River

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon & The Crowes US / CAN Tour 2016   Brian Fallon & The Crowes US / CAN Tour 2016 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2016 5:33 am

Anybody knows who that drummer is?
Back to top Go down
cowgirlwiththeblues
Wooderson
Wooderson
cowgirlwiththeblues

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon & The Crowes US / CAN Tour 2016   Brian Fallon & The Crowes US / CAN Tour 2016 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2016 11:18 am

I read an article somewhere that referred to him as Wes Kleinknecht and a quick google found him in one of Alex R's other projects. No idea if that's accurate though!
Back to top Go down
SirBrad
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon & The Crowes US / CAN Tour 2016   Brian Fallon & The Crowes US / CAN Tour 2016 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2016 12:43 pm

cowgirlwiththeblues wrote:
I read an article somewhere that referred to him as Wes Kleinknecht and a quick google found him in one of Alex R's other projects.  No idea if that's accurate though!

He is credited as the producer for Changing Of The Guards from the Chimes Of Freedom Bob Dylan release 4 years ago.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/bradmhouser
ifieverstray
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon & The Crowes US / CAN Tour 2016   Brian Fallon & The Crowes US / CAN Tour 2016 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2016 3:14 pm

are there any boots available from the shows?
Back to top Go down
brunswick18
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
brunswick18

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon & The Crowes US / CAN Tour 2016   Brian Fallon & The Crowes US / CAN Tour 2016 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2016 10:51 am

ifieverstray wrote:

I have a decent recording of the Delaware show (B- to a B). It's hard to pick out some of the new lyrics and some of the banter needs to be amplified. But if anyone wants to work with me to remaster it let me know, I can set up a dropbox link
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon & The Crowes US / CAN Tour 2016   Brian Fallon & The Crowes US / CAN Tour 2016 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2016 4:52 pm

cowgirlwiththeblues wrote:
I read an article somewhere that referred to him as Wes Kleinknecht and a quick google found him in one of Alex R's other projects.  No idea if that's accurate though!

I can at least confirm he introduced him as Wes! Smile
Back to top Go down
ifieverstray
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon & The Crowes US / CAN Tour 2016   Brian Fallon & The Crowes US / CAN Tour 2016 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2016 3:47 am

brunswick18 wrote:
ifieverstray wrote:

I have a decent recording of the Delaware show (B- to a B). It's hard to pick out some of the new lyrics and some of the banter needs to be amplified. But if anyone wants to work with me to remaster it let me know, I can set up a dropbox link

I can give my audacity capabilities a try
Back to top Go down
Chris Riot
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon & The Crowes US / CAN Tour 2016   Brian Fallon & The Crowes US / CAN Tour 2016 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2016 6:35 am

brunswick18 wrote:
ifieverstray wrote:

Would also be interested to give it a try, I work as a freelance audio engineer on the side, should be able to get something decent out of it Wink
Back to top Go down
Jerseyrain
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Jerseyrain

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon & The Crowes US / CAN Tour 2016   Brian Fallon & The Crowes US / CAN Tour 2016 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2016 7:08 am

mja271 wrote:
Kind of hard to compare the Biloxi changes to Long Drives. BP was still pretty much the same song with a solo and bridge instead of a third verse where Long Drives is basically a new song with the pre-chorus and chorus of the original thrown in. I didn't hate it but I don't think I'll ever like it as much as the MATZ version which I thought was darn near perfect. Obviously will wait to hear a recorded version before passing full judgement, but meh to the change so far. Otherwise I really think this album will be fantastic.

This news upsets me. Long Drives was the best MATZ song so I'll be gutted if its worse
Back to top Go down
http://jerseyrain.blogspot.com/
Jerseyrain
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Jerseyrain

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon & The Crowes US / CAN Tour 2016   Brian Fallon & The Crowes US / CAN Tour 2016 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2016 7:09 am

Is it true that Jared Hart is touring as one of the Crowes. His album was my favourite of 2015 and it would be cool to see/ speak to him to let him know how good it was.
Back to top Go down
http://jerseyrain.blogspot.com/
The_River
A Contender
A Contender
The_River

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon & The Crowes US / CAN Tour 2016   Brian Fallon & The Crowes US / CAN Tour 2016 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2016 9:36 am

Jerseyrain wrote:
Is it true that Jared Hart is touring as one of the Crowes. His album was my favourite of 2015 and it would be cool to see/ speak to him to let him know how good it was.

Yes.
Back to top Go down
riversedge
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
riversedge

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon & The Crowes US / CAN Tour 2016   Brian Fallon & The Crowes US / CAN Tour 2016 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2016 2:25 pm

Hi!

Haven't posted on the site in a while, but the new songs sound awesome! Simple yet elegant harmonies and lyrics filled with optimism! I think maybe that Low Love was left out the main tracklisting because of its sombre tone - I, of course think it's still a great track! Hope you're all well.

Tom Smile
Back to top Go down
riversedge
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
riversedge

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon & The Crowes US / CAN Tour 2016   Brian Fallon & The Crowes US / CAN Tour 2016 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2016 2:26 pm

P.S, I was a little apprehensive at first about the re-release of "old" material, even though MOTZ tracks had not had a proper release. However, from the YouTube videos, the songs sound better than ever.
Back to top Go down
brunswick18
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
brunswick18

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon & The Crowes US / CAN Tour 2016   Brian Fallon & The Crowes US / CAN Tour 2016 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2016 12:48 pm

I don't think this was mentioned yet, but Brian mentioned during the Delaware show that they will be releasing Low Love as part of a Record Store Day release.
Back to top Go down
ivienco
A Contender
A Contender
ivienco

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon & The Crowes US / CAN Tour 2016   Brian Fallon & The Crowes US / CAN Tour 2016 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2016 1:12 pm

I'm so not in love with the new version of Long Drives. It was my favorite MATZ song and now it's so different Sad
I wish he also recorded 7th And Union...
Back to top Go down
SirBrad
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon & The Crowes US / CAN Tour 2016   Brian Fallon & The Crowes US / CAN Tour 2016 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2016 3:50 pm

100 tickets to Webster Hall were released yesterday and still available. 100?! That's pretty much like holding back 25% of the tickets right? Isn't that capacity at the studio like 400?
Back to top Go down
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Anya_TGA

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon & The Crowes US / CAN Tour 2016   Brian Fallon & The Crowes US / CAN Tour 2016 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2016 7:52 pm

Jerseyrain wrote:

yeah it is so cool that he is part of the Crowes..would be awesome that he would also sing some songs of his record maybe as a supporting band in Europe..would be amazing
Back to top Go down
Fail
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Fail

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon & The Crowes US / CAN Tour 2016   Brian Fallon & The Crowes US / CAN Tour 2016 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2016 12:00 am

So, took the chance whilst I'm in the States to see Brian & The Crowes in Charlottesville. Great show and the songs off the album sound fantastic. Were treated to a nice rendition of Atlantic City as well, which clearly they loved playing.

All in all a great show.
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon & The Crowes US / CAN Tour 2016   Brian Fallon & The Crowes US / CAN Tour 2016 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2016 6:05 am

Atlantic City in Nashville

Clip: http://instagram.com/p/BAq1_iMNbWl/
Full Video:
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
aaydmc2
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon & The Crowes US / CAN Tour 2016   Brian Fallon & The Crowes US / CAN Tour 2016 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2016 3:53 pm

I had two people bail on me for tonight's show at Webster Hall. If anyone wants them for face let me know (I paid $130 for 4 tickets, so $32.50 is what I'll ask), would much rather someone here go.

I'll sell the tickets individually or as a pair.
Back to top Go down
SirBrad
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon & The Crowes US / CAN Tour 2016   Brian Fallon & The Crowes US / CAN Tour 2016 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2016 7:23 pm

I see that there is still a ticket on Stubhub for $500,000.00 for tonight's show at Webster Hall if anyone is interested.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon & The Crowes US / CAN Tour 2016   Brian Fallon & The Crowes US / CAN Tour 2016 - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Brian Fallon & The Crowes US / CAN Tour 2016
Page 5 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next