DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Chances of a Billboard #1 for Get Hurt?

Go down 
+4
CapedAvenger
mja271
ral
JacksSmirkingRevenge
8 posters
AuthorMessage
JacksSmirkingRevenge
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

Chances of a Billboard #1 for Get Hurt? Empty
PostSubject: Chances of a Billboard #1 for Get Hurt?   Chances of a Billboard #1 for Get Hurt? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2014 4:11 pm

How likely do you think it is, after Handwritten debuted at #3?  What kind of competition's out there?

It'd be great if 2014 had both Gaslight and "Weird Al" Yankovic getting their first ever #1 albums, haha.
Back to top Go down
ral
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ral

PostSubject: Re: Chances of a Billboard #1 for Get Hurt?   Chances of a Billboard #1 for Get Hurt? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2014 4:51 pm

I'd be surprised if Gaslight debuted at #1. Handwritten sold ~40k it its first week and something around that again seems reasonable. Based on this week's top 5 (the Guardians of the Galaxy soundtrack, Godsmack, Now 51, 5 Seconds of Summer and Spoon) and the new releases (there aren't many), I'd say Get Hurt seems like a lock to be in the top 3-5 though.
Back to top Go down
mja271
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Chances of a Billboard #1 for Get Hurt?   Chances of a Billboard #1 for Get Hurt? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2014 12:49 pm

I think it has a legitimate shot given what was on the charts last week and the lack of significant new releases this week, but my gut says it won't move a huge amount of units and will probably be anywhere between #2-4.  Which is still pretty nice.  It'd be great if they got a #1 though
Back to top Go down
CapedAvenger
Wooderson
Wooderson
CapedAvenger

PostSubject: Re: Chances of a Billboard #1 for Get Hurt?   Chances of a Billboard #1 for Get Hurt? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2014 2:03 pm

I've just read that it's currently second to Ed Sheeran in the UK charts at the midweek stage "just a few thousand behind".

http://www.nme.com/news/various-artists/79144

Sheeran's album has been out for nearly 2 months, but still.
Back to top Go down
Thunder Peel
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Thunder Peel

PostSubject: Re: Chances of a Billboard #1 for Get Hurt?   Chances of a Billboard #1 for Get Hurt? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2014 8:11 pm

I'd love to see them at the top and it does seem to be selling well, at least around here. I wouldn't be surprised if they at least have a decent charting.
Back to top Go down
SirBrad
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: Chances of a Billboard #1 for Get Hurt?   Chances of a Billboard #1 for Get Hurt? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2014 3:15 pm

Gaslight is definitely a band that could debut at #1 and fall off the next list completely.

That's not an insult, just a reflection of a big part of the fanbase grabbing up the album the week it's released.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/bradmhouser
macci
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Chances of a Billboard #1 for Get Hurt?   Chances of a Billboard #1 for Get Hurt? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2014 1:33 pm

Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Chances of a Billboard #1 for Get Hurt?   Chances of a Billboard #1 for Get Hurt? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2014 1:42 pm

Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chances of a Billboard #1 for Get Hurt?   Chances of a Billboard #1 for Get Hurt? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chances of a Billboard #1 for Get Hurt?
Page 1 of 1