DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

'Get Hurt' - vinyl talk

Go down 
+30
Andy_
mja271
DeathoftheCool
JukeboxJuliet
Amanda941
AdamC91
Hasler09
DaleCooper
miked331
songs like a comfort
ral
Jerseyrain
brucesboots
cdala
enola
The Last Jukebox Romeo
HolyBreakOfDay
bootime
macci
sinkorswimmydear
Debonair
zerb012345
bradleyjp
The_River
osumarko
Erik Drost
Shrewsbury_Stars
bringiton
steady now steady now
SirBrad
34 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
SirBrad
Wooderson
Wooderson

'Get Hurt' - vinyl talk Empty
PostSubject: 'Get Hurt' - vinyl talk   'Get Hurt' - vinyl talk Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2014 12:00 pm

if they are making an effort to put out a 2LP it would be nice to space the tracks out over those 4 sides so you get some sort of sonic benefit out of it.  Why waste a 12" on 3 bonus tracks?  I know it's the easy way out but Tom Petty's forthcoming released is going to be done that way for the deluxe 2LP version.

Instead it will probably sound somewhat compressed once again like Handwritten which is only marginally better sounding than the CD version anyhow.

Still though, excited about the album news and new tour dates!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/bradmhouser
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Get Hurt - vinyl talk   'Get Hurt' - vinyl talk Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2014 12:10 pm

according to www.gaslightanthem.com we seem to have the following vinyl editions of Get Hurt

1) Get Hurt Exclusive Double Picture Disc with Signed Poster (The double picture disc in a gatefold jacket includes music from the 15-track deluxe album along with a fold-out 12x24 poster.The first 500 orders will receive a signed poster from the Gaslight Anthem.) US and Canadian Store

2) Get Hurt Vinyl (The Get Hurt 180-gram vinyl includes music from the standard 12-track album and a download card to redeem a digital copy.)
US & Canadian Store

3) Get Hurt - EXCLUSIVE Double Gatefold Vinyl. UK Store [Same as US & Canada?]

'Get Hurt' - vinyl talk 23bbbd8c8d4d34bbce62f384c0605cd0

Last edited by steady now steady now on Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:20 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
bringiton
Wooderson
Wooderson
bringiton

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - vinyl talk   'Get Hurt' - vinyl talk Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2014 12:11 pm

There's a standard UK vinyl too.
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - vinyl talk   'Get Hurt' - vinyl talk Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2014 12:14 pm

Also a red and white splatter version on infinite merch
Back to top Go down
Erik Drost
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Erik Drost

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - vinyl talk   'Get Hurt' - vinyl talk Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2014 12:14 pm

4) The Gaslight Anthem - GET HURT - Red and White Splatter Vinyl LP

http://us.infinitemerch.com/collections/the-gaslight-anthem/products/the-gaslight-anthem-get-hurt-red-and-white-splatter-vinyl-lp

Bundles (T-Shirt + vinyl or cd) are also up on the InfiniteMerch site :http://us.infinitemerch.com/collections/the-gaslight-anthem
Back to top Go down
osumarko
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - vinyl talk   'Get Hurt' - vinyl talk Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2014 12:16 pm

I noticed when I ordered that it wouldn't ship until September. Its surprising it would ship that late after release date.
Back to top Go down
The_River
A Contender
A Contender
The_River

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - vinyl talk   'Get Hurt' - vinyl talk Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2014 12:43 pm

Pic disc... No thanks...
Back to top Go down
bradleyjp
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
bradleyjp

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - vinyl talk   'Get Hurt' - vinyl talk Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2014 1:31 pm

I pre-ordered the splatter as well as the picture disc. Might cancel the order for the picture disc.
Back to top Go down
http://bradleyjp.me
zerb012345
Wooderson
Wooderson
zerb012345

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - vinyl talk   'Get Hurt' - vinyl talk Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2014 2:13 pm

Gave in and got both
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - vinyl talk   'Get Hurt' - vinyl talk Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2014 2:38 pm

Went with the splatter. It looks alot better than the picture disc. don't need more posters. have signatures for a life time. only tough part was not having the new version of Halloween on vinyl. But i guess the fan club 7' will do. Ill just pick up the deluxe tracks at a later point for my ipod.
Back to top Go down
The_River
A Contender
A Contender
The_River

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - vinyl talk   'Get Hurt' - vinyl talk Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2014 3:05 pm

Waiting for the euro version...
Back to top Go down
sinkorswimmydear
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - vinyl talk   'Get Hurt' - vinyl talk Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2014 3:09 pm

ordered both variants from universal. no chance for the splatter... no paypal at infinite merch. i don't get it.
Back to top Go down
macci
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - vinyl talk   'Get Hurt' - vinyl talk Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2014 3:12 pm

I ordered the picture disc right away for the signatures (myplaydirect?)
I think the splattered red & white vinyl looks pretty sweet though. May have to pick that up too!
Back to top Go down
SirBrad
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - vinyl talk   'Get Hurt' - vinyl talk Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2014 3:37 pm

osumarko wrote:
I noticed when I ordered that it wouldn't ship until September. Its surprising it would ship that late after release date.

If it's coming from Infinite Merch it probably means September of 2015.

Still waiting on an order I placed with them like 3 months ago.
Back to top Go down
bootime
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - vinyl talk   'Get Hurt' - vinyl talk Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2014 3:39 pm

SirBrad wrote:
osumarko wrote:

Contact them again...they out-of-the-blue responded to my email two Fridays ago about the fan club 7"s I ordered at beginning of April and shipped them out the next day...so it seems they are communicating right now, so try again....and best of luck!
Back to top Go down
SirBrad
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - vinyl talk   'Get Hurt' - vinyl talk Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2014 3:39 pm

bootime wrote:
SirBrad wrote:
osumarko wrote:

Contact them again...they out-of-the-blue responded to my email two Fridays ago about the fan club 7"s I ordered at beginning of April and shipped them out the next day...so it seems they are communicating right now, so try again....and best of luck!

Cool, those are the one's i am waiting on. I had actually forgotten all about it until today.
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - vinyl talk   'Get Hurt' - vinyl talk Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2014 3:46 pm

I just got a promo email from InfiniteMerch saying:

"to better accommodate International fans and to offer more favorable shipping costs, Infinite Merch has expanded to a European-based location. When you navigate your browser to http://infinitemerch.com, you will now be prompted to select your territory. This a work in progress and is currently active only for our European fans for now. All other areas of the world will continue to be directed to our US based store."

So I checked, and ...

... ordering the vinyl from the US with postage to the UK costs USD 38.73 which converts to EUR 28.70

... ordering the vinyl from the European IM store with postage to the UK costs ... wait for it ... EUR 28.27  cheers 
Back to top Go down
HolyBreakOfDay
Wooderson
Wooderson
HolyBreakOfDay

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - vinyl talk   'Get Hurt' - vinyl talk Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2014 3:48 pm

I've never ordered a new released album directly from their website. Did someone from Europe here already has? I wonder if the vinyle will arrive the same day of the release or the day after... I don't want to receive it a week after the release.
Back to top Go down
http://rockthiswayforum.forumsactifs.com/forum
The Last Jukebox Romeo
Wooderson
Wooderson
The Last Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - vinyl talk   'Get Hurt' - vinyl talk Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2014 3:50 pm

steady now steady now wrote:
I just got a promo email from InfiniteMerch saying:

"to better accommodate International fans and to offer more favorable shipping costs, Infinite Merch has expanded to a European-based location. When you navigate your browser to http://infinitemerch.com, you will now be prompted to select your territory. This a work in progress and is currently active only for our European fans for now. All other areas of the world will continue to be directed to our US based store."

So I checked, and ...

... ordering the vinyl from the US with postage to the UK costs USD 38.73 which converts to EUR 28.70

... ordering the vinyl from the European IM store with postage to the UK costs ... wait for it ... EUR 28.27  cheers 

wow...better take advantage of this!
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - vinyl talk   'Get Hurt' - vinyl talk Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2014 4:14 pm

It would be nice to get some pressing info for the different variants but I'm not holding my breath.
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - vinyl talk   'Get Hurt' - vinyl talk Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2014 3:39 am

HolyBreakOfDay wrote:
I've never ordered a new released album directly from their website. Did someone from Europe here already has? I wonder if the vinyle will arrive the same day of the release or the day after... I don't want to receive it a week after the release.

They stated that the vinyl will be sent out on the release date so it will take some time until it arrives I guess ...
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
HolyBreakOfDay
Wooderson
Wooderson
HolyBreakOfDay

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - vinyl talk   'Get Hurt' - vinyl talk Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2014 4:51 am

Ok. As I need the vinyle and the cd, I think I will order it on their website, and order a cd on a swiss website that normaly make them arrive at the release date at my place. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
http://rockthiswayforum.forumsactifs.com/forum
cdala
A Contender
A Contender
cdala

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - vinyl talk   'Get Hurt' - vinyl talk Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2014 6:11 am

SirBrad wrote:

Hahahhaha oh I laughed and laughed. I'm still waiting on my fan club 7"!

If the 50 euro pic disc was all they had I wouldn't have ordered the vinyl. But the splatter is regular priced and looks pretty good too, so yay!
Back to top Go down
brucesboots
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - vinyl talk   'Get Hurt' - vinyl talk Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2014 4:28 am

really not going to try and collect all US / UK varients this time , have gone for 1 of each from euro site and the splatter from infinite , you get the feeling the pressing runs are quite high.
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - vinyl talk   'Get Hurt' - vinyl talk Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2014 4:35 am

IM have just told me in respect of the red/white splatter: "As of right now, we have not set a limit on the number of records being pressed."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - vinyl talk   'Get Hurt' - vinyl talk Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

'Get Hurt' - vinyl talk
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next