DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

'Get Hurt' - vinyl talk

Go down 
+30
Andy_
mja271
DeathoftheCool
JukeboxJuliet
Amanda941
AdamC91
Hasler09
DaleCooper
miked331
songs like a comfort
ral
Jerseyrain
brucesboots
cdala
enola
The Last Jukebox Romeo
HolyBreakOfDay
bootime
macci
sinkorswimmydear
Debonair
zerb012345
bradleyjp
The_River
osumarko
Erik Drost
Shrewsbury_Stars
bringiton
steady now steady now
SirBrad
34 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
SirBrad
Wooderson
Wooderson

'Get Hurt' - vinyl talk - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - vinyl talk   'Get Hurt' - vinyl talk - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2014 9:36 pm

Pretty sure splatter vinyl was exclusive to Infinite Merch.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/bradmhouser
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - vinyl talk   'Get Hurt' - vinyl talk - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2014 7:43 am

Here is what the Euro promo 7'' looks like:

'Get Hurt' - vinyl talk - Page 3 RaT7
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
Hasler09
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Hasler09

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - vinyl talk   'Get Hurt' - vinyl talk - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2014 7:46 am

I ordered mine from amazon, didn't get this. Was this only if you ordered from Island records? I have the picture disc vinyl on order which as obviously been delayed.
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - vinyl talk   'Get Hurt' - vinyl talk - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2014 7:56 am

Hasler09 wrote:
I ordered mine from amazon, didn't get this. Was this only if you ordered from Island records? I have the picture disc vinyl on order which as obviously been delayed.

This is a promo, limited to 700, which was only available from Green Hell and Flight 13 (both in Germany) with the standard 12''.

And by the way, the B side is 'Anywhere I Lay My Head' (a Tom Waits cover); this was previously available on the second 45RPM Club 7''.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
zerb012345
Wooderson
Wooderson
zerb012345

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - vinyl talk   'Get Hurt' - vinyl talk - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2014 9:16 am

Still no word on the red splatter anyone?
Back to top Go down
bootime
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - vinyl talk   'Get Hurt' - vinyl talk - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2014 9:21 am

zerb012345 wrote:

The one exclusively from Infinite Merch?

I ordered it through the bundle and it is scheduled to arrive today...
Back to top Go down
zerb012345
Wooderson
Wooderson
zerb012345

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - vinyl talk   'Get Hurt' - vinyl talk - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2014 9:26 am

bootime wrote:
zerb012345 wrote:

Did they give you a shipping email and such? Must have if you know its coming today...when did you get it?
Back to top Go down
bootime
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - vinyl talk   'Get Hurt' - vinyl talk - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2014 9:50 am

zerb012345 wrote:
bootime wrote:
zerb012345 wrote:

Did they give you a shipping email and such? Must have if you know its coming today...when did you get it?

Shipping email came on Sunday.
Back to top Go down
AdamC91
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - vinyl talk   'Get Hurt' - vinyl talk - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2014 10:49 am

bootime wrote:
zerb012345 wrote:
bootime wrote:
zerb012345 wrote:

I haven't received a shipping email and it says unfulfilled on their website. This is ridiculous. I initially ordered the double LP, but cancelled it when I realized it wouldn't ship until September. Looks like my switch to Infinite Merch wasn't the best idea either. I would prefer to have a cool version of the record, like the red splatter, but next time I might just get a regular black one from a local record store.
Back to top Go down
Amanda941
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Amanda941

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - vinyl talk   'Get Hurt' - vinyl talk - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2014 2:35 pm

AdamC91 wrote:
bootime wrote:
zerb012345 wrote:
bootime wrote:
zerb012345 wrote:

I haven't received a shipping email and it says unfulfilled on their website. This is ridiculous. I initially ordered the double LP, but cancelled it when I realized it wouldn't ship until September. Looks like my switch to Infinite Merch wasn't the best idea either. I would prefer to have a cool version of the record, like the red splatter, but next time I might just get a regular black one from a local record store.

I also ordered this bundle and it still say unfulfilled as well.  Evil or Very Mad  I didn't receive a shipping order or anything. I am started to get pissed off. It is past the original release date now. I thought I'd have it for sure yesterday! I don't even care about the special red splattered vinyl at this point, I just want this record on vinyl and I want to read the booklet (I am one of those nerd that loves reading the credits).
Back to top Go down
bootime
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - vinyl talk   'Get Hurt' - vinyl talk - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2014 2:52 pm

Ok, so I ordered two bundles, one with the deluxe CD (for the wife) and one with the splatter vinyl...

The package I received today had everything BUT the vinyl.

There was a scrawled note on the invoice that said that the vinyl will ship separately...

I don't think they even have the vinyl yet.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - vinyl talk   'Get Hurt' - vinyl talk - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2014 3:07 pm

They sent out an email last week that they didn't have the vinyl yet from the supplier.

We are writing to inform you of a delay we are experiencing in shipping your copy of The Gaslight Anthem's "Get Hurt" album.

Originally scheduled for August 19th here in the United States, the "Get Hurt" release date was pushed forward to August 12th. Unfortunately, even after multiple efforts to expedite, we were unable to secure our inventory of "Get Hurt" from the record label by the new date.
While we await our physical copies of the record to fill your order, we are providing you with the following link to download a digital .mp3 copy.

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD
Thank you for your patience while we work through this. Your order will ship immediately after we receive our inventory of the "Get Hurt" album.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Thank you.
Infinite Merch
Back to top Go down
bootime
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - vinyl talk   'Get Hurt' - vinyl talk - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2014 4:02 pm

Yeah, I just thought they maybe would've had them by now, considering the original release date was yesterday.

Oh well, glad they shipped everything else to me...
Back to top Go down
JukeboxJuliet
A Contender
A Contender
JukeboxJuliet

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - vinyl talk   'Get Hurt' - vinyl talk - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2014 4:23 pm

Sad. I pre-ordered just the vinyl, and I didn't even get an email/link yet :L
Back to top Go down
zerb012345
Wooderson
Wooderson
zerb012345

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - vinyl talk   'Get Hurt' - vinyl talk - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2014 2:56 pm

Got this from Infinite:

Sorry, Zeb.

Unfortunately, the vinyl is taking longer than expected due to a combination of things: the pushed up release date, the delay at the record label and the unique color press.  This isn’t the same vinyl you see for sale anywhere else.  This red/white splatter version is only available through Infinite Merch. The record label doesn’t usually press this splatter vinyl so it had to be approved and sent out to be pressed elsewhere

Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause!

Infinite Merch
Back to top Go down
AdamC91
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - vinyl talk   'Get Hurt' - vinyl talk - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2014 3:54 pm

zerb012345 wrote:
Got this from Infinite:

Sorry, Zeb.

Unfortunately, the vinyl is taking longer than expected due to a combination of things: the pushed up release date, the delay at the record label and the unique color press.  This isn’t the same vinyl you see for sale anywhere else.  This red/white splatter version is only available through Infinite Merch. The record label doesn’t usually press this splatter vinyl so it had to be approved and sent out to be pressed elsewhere

Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause!

Infinite Merch

This feels like something they should have taken care of a long time ago. I understand how it might take longer, but at the same time they should be thinking about these problems well in advance.
Back to top Go down
SirBrad
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - vinyl talk   'Get Hurt' - vinyl talk - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2014 10:24 pm

mid-October according to the email just sent out from Infinite Merch.  That's absolutely insane.  2+ month delay?

Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - vinyl talk   'Get Hurt' - vinyl talk - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2014 10:27 pm

Quote :
Hey everyone-

We're writing to give you an update on the status of the "GET HURT" vinyl LPs.
Unfortunately, we still have not received the vinyl from the pressing plant.  We just recently received an email from them letting us know we will not be receiving our red/white splatter vinyl until mid-October.

While we were all set to start shipping the vinyl for the August 12th release date, several factors beyond our control contributed to this delay. The Gaslight Anthem's record label does not usually press splatter color vinyl so we had to go to an outside pressing plant. We had a company we usually work with (they pressed the 45 RPM Club 7" vinyl) ready to start pressing records but unfortunately, between extensive back and forth approval process emails between the plant and the record label, the time it took for the record label to approve the vinyl test pressings and several changes requested by the label throughout the process, the plant could no longer honor our requested delivery date. During those few weeks of delays mentioned above, the number of vinyl projects in their queue increased dramatically and unfortunately we were moved to the back of the line.

For those people who ordered the vinyl LP bundle, we shipped out the rest of the bundle ahead of the vinyl, since we weren't sure how long the delay would take and wanted to ensure you received something to show for your purchase. These items would normally be shipped separately from the vinyl anyway, since the record doesn't fit in the poster tube and the poster won't fit in the vinyl packaging without folding. Most of our customers prefer non-folded posters to hang on their wall.

Hopefully most of you received our email last week that contained your digital download copy of the record.  If not, here is the download link again:

"GET HURT" DIGITAL DOWNLOAD

ALSO, to show our appreciation for your patience, we are offering you an additional 15% off anything in the The Gaslight Anthem store, including the all new "GET HURT" merch line we are preparing to launch next week. To take advantage of this offer, please enter coupon code "GETHURTVINYL" at checkout. This discount is valid until September 15th, so please be sure to take advantage before then!

We sincerely apologize for this delay and want you to know we're ready and waiting for the vinyl to arrive so we can start shipping immediately.

Thank you for your continued patience.

Infinite Merch
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - vinyl talk   'Get Hurt' - vinyl talk - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2014 10:29 pm

this is why i've never fucked with splatter vinyl
Back to top Go down
SirBrad
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - vinyl talk   'Get Hurt' - vinyl talk - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2014 10:41 pm

I'm don't really care but that's a hell of a delay.

These vinyl delays happen a lot. Tom Petty's most recent release has being delayed (for those that ordered the deluxe version) by at least a month....and that's Tom Petty.

Lots of demand lately for the small number of pressing plants out there.
Back to top Go down
AdamC91
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - vinyl talk   'Get Hurt' - vinyl talk - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2014 10:54 pm

Well this is great. I suppose I'll just cancel this order and grab a black copy.
Back to top Go down
mja271
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - vinyl talk   'Get Hurt' - vinyl talk - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2014 11:04 pm

Anybody have info on the picture disc deluxe vinyl? Last I checked my order said it's schedule to deliver sometime early in September
Back to top Go down
SirBrad
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - vinyl talk   'Get Hurt' - vinyl talk - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2014 11:16 pm

mja271 wrote:
Anybody have info on the picture disc deluxe vinyl? Last I checked my order said it's schedule to deliver sometime early in September

my order says estimated ship date of Sept. 9-11

that's the one I really want - the spatter was something I picked up as an extra because of the nice price.
Back to top Go down
miked331
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - vinyl talk   'Get Hurt' - vinyl talk - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2014 12:06 am

This stuff happens. That being said, and I know I'm not breaking any news but Infinite Merch sucks.
Happens way too much.
Back to top Go down
Hasler09
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Hasler09

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - vinyl talk   'Get Hurt' - vinyl talk - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2014 3:31 am

I can't even start getting into how much i hate Infinite merch......when your sole purpose of being is to to sell merch and you fail repeatedly, stop. Every item i have ever purchased from them it has been delayed or cancelled the only thing that happens with speed is the removing of money from your account! (looks like i ended up getting into it) oh and its NEVER their fault.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 'Get Hurt' - vinyl talk   'Get Hurt' - vinyl talk - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

'Get Hurt' - vinyl talk
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next