DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Coffeehouse Sessions

Go down 
+42
PFREEZY
bringiton_ty
tom.TGA.punk
Shrewsbury_Stars
Debonair
JimmyB
AmSlang59
Jerseyrain
simo
StopAndSlideToTheRight
spork13
bablor
sarahjay
andy.mac
steady now steady now
Holland
Palmer89
Forum Owner
tigrr13
I Came To Dance
kieran
Vibes
Stevearm
Refused
ral
Daire
TheMeanLittleMan
lynchyeatspizza
liveit
Jjaeger240
Asleepontheforestfloor
Prisoner
rhg5010
Scott
Garish
ktp
Stalls_Standing
stephendgaf
xstevenbx
JoshRaymond
e7c
Jukebox Romeo
46 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

The Coffeehouse Sessions - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Coffeehouse Sessions   The Coffeehouse Sessions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 10:15 pm

TheMeanLittleMan wrote:

Is there a head-honcho with the fan group?

I'd like to work out with them how we're going to get these out. I don't have enough for everyone that will likely want one, and I really want them to go to uberfans who are going to appreciate them.

I think most people on this forum would agree that I am the unofficial head honcho. There are 4 of us that are administrators Kropo, Myself, Stalls_Standing and Vibes.

I sent you an email/pm with an idea for distributing the tapes.

This is very exciting!
Back to top Go down
rhg5010
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: The Coffeehouse Sessions   The Coffeehouse Sessions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 1:22 am

Truly awesome. Ever since this thread re-sparked my interest in this recording, I've had "The city lights are burnin' my eyes blind. I'm goin' blind tonight" stuck in my head. Really hope to be lucky enough to get a hold of one of these. Also, good to hear that Brian is cool with this, and still cool with you after so long.

Please tell me that your masters are better than our digital copy.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/JabarPSU
Vibes
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Vibes

PostSubject: Re: The Coffeehouse Sessions   The Coffeehouse Sessions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 1:41 am

I'd absolutely love a tape! Thank you!
Back to top Go down
http://www.zackshapiro.com
kieran
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
kieran

PostSubject: Re: The Coffeehouse Sessions   The Coffeehouse Sessions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 3:54 am

Tape would be sweet but im pretty late getting on board with this thread so shall see.
Back to top Go down
lynchyeatspizza
Wooderson
Wooderson
lynchyeatspizza

PostSubject: Re: The Coffeehouse Sessions   The Coffeehouse Sessions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 5:33 am

I posted earlier on this topic, but didn't request a tape, only because like rhg said "I hate to beat a dead horse". I'd LOVE one!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/lynchy911
TheMeanLittleMan
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
TheMeanLittleMan

PostSubject: Re: The Coffeehouse Sessions   The Coffeehouse Sessions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 10:41 am

Cool... I'm in touch with e7c offline to figure out the best way to get out the tapes I have. My next steps are as such:

1) Finding out how many I have. I'm still getting my studio and stock out of boxes after being displaced for a few years with family illness. Please be patient.

Once I do, I'm going to sticker and number the packaging for authenticity. These are pretty rare, and I want to make sure that everybody knows they're getting an original. Expect this no later than end of July.

2) Finding the 4-track Masters and the Production Masters, and assessing the quality. As soon as I do, I'll do my best to digitally remaster them to get the best quality possible. These were recorded and mastered on cassette analog over 13 years ago so I can't predict if there's been any degradation. My goal is to get MP3's out to the admins to do with as they see fit. There's already a digital version out there, so this would just be getting out something with improved quality(hopefully) for the hardcore fans.

I want to again thank everyone again for their interest in Brian, and in this obscure tape. This came at a time when i'm clawing out of a dark period that took me out of music for a number of years and lost some people very close to me. Its been a huge boost to see that something I was a part of has interest and value, and that someone I was close to lived up, and not down, to his potential.

That said, I will still bite anyone who tries to give me a hug :-p

Hugs & Smooches,
Christopher Eissing

The artist formerly known as The Mean Little Man
http://www.christophereissing.com
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChristopherEissing.com
Refused
A Contender
A Contender
Refused

PostSubject: Re: The Coffeehouse Sessions   The Coffeehouse Sessions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 1:14 pm

Thanks a lot, you are an awesome dude!
If there's a few people in the UK who want tapes, I'd be more than happy to pack them up and send them on to everyone else. That's if y'all trust me enough!
Back to top Go down
http://acriddissonance.wordpress.com
ktp
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ktp

PostSubject: Re: The Coffeehouse Sessions   The Coffeehouse Sessions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 1:40 pm

refused - i guess i could trust you! either that or it's a good excuse to meet up at their next london gig?!

i'd love a tape if there's one for little old me!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ktpland.blogspot.com
ral
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ral

PostSubject: Re: The Coffeehouse Sessions   The Coffeehouse Sessions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 1:41 pm

TheMeanLittleMan wrote:
ok... I got the green-light from Brian on getting the tapes out. I still have to go through my stock and see how many I have. I doubt its more than 20, but they ar all cassettes, still in the shrink wrap.

I'd like to work out with them how we're going to get these out. I don't have enough for everyone that will likely want one, and I really want them to go to uberfans who are going to appreciate them.

Once I find the masters, I'll digitize them for the fans to get the cleanest normalized version possible. This way anyone who gets copies of The Coffeehouse Sessions can hopefully fight the urge to open the shrinkwrap.

excellent news. as for distributing the tapes, why not make a list based on who posted/asked in this thread? everyone that's voiced interest so far in this thread surely qualifies as an uberfan and would definitely appreciate a copy. i didn't count but i don't think there have been more than 20 requests so far (assuming you end up finding that many tapes).

that said, i'm more than willing to pay whatever for a copy + shipping + handling once you get things squared away.
Back to top Go down
Daire
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Daire

PostSubject: Re: The Coffeehouse Sessions   The Coffeehouse Sessions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 1:41 pm

It'd probably be cheaper for Chris to send one package this way than a load of little ones. Anyway we gotta wait and see who's getting 'em!
Back to top Go down
I Came To Dance
A Contender
A Contender
I Came To Dance

PostSubject: Re: The Coffeehouse Sessions   The Coffeehouse Sessions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 4:10 pm

I'd love to have a tape too.
Back to top Go down
tigrr13
A Contender
A Contender
tigrr13

PostSubject: Re: The Coffeehouse Sessions   The Coffeehouse Sessions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 8:09 pm

also definitely interested Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Coffeehouse Sessions   The Coffeehouse Sessions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 6:26 am

By my reckoning at this point less that 15 people have mentioned their interest in the tape. But it's probably best just to see how this goes if e7c is in offline contact with TheMeanLittleMan.
Back to top Go down
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

PostSubject: Re: The Coffeehouse Sessions   The Coffeehouse Sessions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 9:36 am

Yes, TheMeanLittleMan and I have been talking, and the other admins and I are working on getting a list together... I will say that unfortunately these tapes are a finite amount so unfortunately someone's feelings will probably get hurt if they don't get one. I hope no one takes it personally. Now I know what Sophie felt like.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Coffeehouse Sessions   The Coffeehouse Sessions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 9:51 am

Do you know how many tapes there are e7c?

And also, who's Sophie?
Back to top Go down
TheMeanLittleMan
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
TheMeanLittleMan

PostSubject: Re: The Coffeehouse Sessions   The Coffeehouse Sessions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 9:53 am

Ok... I now have a weekend project, and have crossed sleep off the list. I will do everything I can to have a rough count by Monday. However, those of you with pitchforks and torches, please kindly refrain from gathering yet ANOTHER angry mob at my door if its not EXACTLY on Monday. (I'v only had to endure two angry mobs... the third was dyslexics looking for 24 Elm, not 42, and doesn't count)

If there's interest, I could probably have a short print run done of the original artwork that was used for the cover of TCS. I know its a huge dropoff of a consolation prize, but hopefully that, along with the download of the music would be acceptable.

The artwork was only used one other place, which was cover art for the Magazine Which Shall Not Be Named (at least out loud by me... long story) http://www.legendsmagazine.net/129/cover.jpg
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Coffeehouse Sessions   The Coffeehouse Sessions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 9:56 am

TheMeanLittleMan wrote:
Ok... I now have a weekend project, and have crossed sleep off the list. I will do everything I can to have a rough count by Monday. However, those of you with pitchforks and torches, please kindly refrain from gathering yet ANOTHER angry mob at my door

Sweet cover!

Cool to do a count, and of course in your own time. You're doing us a favour with this so I for one won't be in and angry mob coming to hound you, and I'm sure everyone else feels the same.
Back to top Go down
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

PostSubject: Re: The Coffeehouse Sessions   The Coffeehouse Sessions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 10:09 am

Tomaldo wrote:

And also, who's Sophie?

it was a literary reference...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sophie%27s_Choice_(novel)

When someone refers to "Sophie's Choice" they are saying they have to make a tough decesion in which someone has to be hurt, but a decision must be made... Sophie was taken to Auschwitz with her two children, a nazi doctor told her that only one of her kids could live, the other would be immediatly gassed. So Sophie's choice was choosing which one of her two kids would live and which one would die.
Back to top Go down
Stevearm
Wooderson
Wooderson
Stevearm

PostSubject: Re: The Coffeehouse Sessions   The Coffeehouse Sessions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 12:16 pm

Wow, that Sophie thing is pretty messed up.

Anyway, that'd be awesome if I could snag one, but you know if someones feelings have to be hurt, I'll pass on this one for someone else, see its cool 'cause I don't even have feelings Very Happy

And that unofficial biography thing would be awesome!

oh and this ----> elephant its an elephant..i thought it was cool
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/stevearm
TheMeanLittleMan
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
TheMeanLittleMan

PostSubject: Re: The Coffeehouse Sessions   The Coffeehouse Sessions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 12:25 pm

The unoficial biography would be great, not just for Brian, but for the whole band... especiallly if anyone in the TGA army has a talent for posting to Wiki...

If they do, I'd pay them for some work I need done!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Coffeehouse Sessions   The Coffeehouse Sessions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 12:41 pm

e7c wrote:
Tomaldo wrote:

And also, who's Sophie?

it was a literary reference...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sophie%27s_Choice_(novel)

When someone refers to "Sophie's Choice" they are saying they have to make a tough decesion in which someone has to be hurt, but a decision must be made... Sophie was taken to Auschwitz with her two children, a nazi doctor told her that only one of her kids could live, the other would be immediatly gassed. So Sophie's choice was choosing which one of her two kids would live and which one would die.

I'd never heard that phrase before- or the novel for that matter!
Back to top Go down
Stevearm
Wooderson
Wooderson
Stevearm

PostSubject: Re: The Coffeehouse Sessions   The Coffeehouse Sessions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 1:09 pm

I have a lot of work to do as it is for school, but if someone wants to save me some time, they can dig up as much information as they can and I'll be able to piece it all together in a wiki.

e-mail me what you can at war.defile@gmail.com or just send it in a private message
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/stevearm
rhg5010
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: The Coffeehouse Sessions   The Coffeehouse Sessions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2009 8:33 pm

Whoa that cover is pretty cool.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/JabarPSU
Forum Owner
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Forum Owner

PostSubject: Re: The Coffeehouse Sessions   The Coffeehouse Sessions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 3:46 pm

e7c wrote:
TheMeanLittleMan wrote:

I think most people on this forum would agree that I am the unofficial head honcho. There are 4 of us that are administrators Kropo, Myself, Stalls_Standing and Vibes.

I sent you an email/pm with an idea for distributing the tapes.

This is very exciting!

I agree with you e7c, without you and a few others [who know who they are!] this forum would be nothing but old nannies talking sewing and baking!

I'm a fan of e7c!

cheers

kropo
Back to top Go down
https://thegaslightanthem.forumotion.com
Palmer89
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: The Coffeehouse Sessions   The Coffeehouse Sessions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 4:13 pm

Wow, great story, am a little late myself but would love one of them tapes, obviously a little late so no hard feelings if not.

Great to hear about stuff back in the day and the background stuff, not sure why I haven't posted as much as I could have round this place, need to become part of the community.

That cover is also pretty sweet.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Coffeehouse Sessions   The Coffeehouse Sessions - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Coffeehouse Sessions
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next