DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

CONTEST: The Coffeehouse Sessions

Go down 
+4
thecosmickid
Palmer89
PFREEZY
e7c
8 posters
AuthorMessage
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

CONTEST: The Coffeehouse Sessions Empty
PostSubject: CONTEST: The Coffeehouse Sessions   CONTEST: The Coffeehouse Sessions Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 9:33 pm

****THE CONTEST IS OVER! BUT YOU CAN ALWAYS GO DONATE SOME CLOTHES!****

Ok, the first tape is ready to be given away! This is the contest that will only be for registered members of the forum. So here are the details:

If you want this tape all you have to do is donate some clothes to your local Goodwill, take a picture (just standing in front of the store with your bag of clothes is good enough) and post it in this thread. Each day that you donate counts as a different entry (since this contest will run through 24DEC2009 11:59pm Eastern Standard Time you can enter up to 17 times!). On Christmas morning I will pick a post at random (Mrs. e7c and Monk-o-tron will watch to ensure that it is completely random) and announce the winner on the thread.

The reason we are giving away the tape this way is because Chirs Eissing aka The Mean Little Man donate the tapes to us, so what better way to give them away than by making people donate. Also be sure to check him out at John & Peter's 96 South Main St, New Hope PA 18938 at 3pm on 12DEC2009.

For those of you that don't know about these tapes check out this YouTube post...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXrxcqDbanQ

Good luck, oh and anyone other than me and my family can win this tape, so if you already have one, you can still enter.

Last edited by e7c on Sat Dec 26, 2009 11:22 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

PostSubject: Re: CONTEST: The Coffeehouse Sessions   CONTEST: The Coffeehouse Sessions Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 9:43 pm

Oh and your post counts 3 times if you are wearing a Gaslight Anthem t-shirt or sweatshirt in the photo.
Back to top Go down
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

PostSubject: Re: CONTEST: The Coffeehouse Sessions   CONTEST: The Coffeehouse Sessions Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 12:03 am

it is open to anyone that can post a picture here. I am not sure if unregistered/guests can post pictures.
Back to top Go down
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

PostSubject: Re: CONTEST: The Coffeehouse Sessions   CONTEST: The Coffeehouse Sessions Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 10:22 pm

steady now steady now wrote:
e7c wrote:
If you want this tape all you have to do is donate some clothes to your local Goodwill, ...

So is the contest for folks in the USA only?

I am unaware of Goodwill stores here in the UK, and there probably aren't any in mainland Europe, in Australia, etc.

Will photos of similar charity clothing stores do as well? I hope so, as otherwise it wouldn't be fair.

Any store that accepts clothes donations will work, Goodwill is just the most popular one in the states.
Back to top Go down
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

PostSubject: Re: CONTEST: The Coffeehouse Sessions   CONTEST: The Coffeehouse Sessions Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 10:37 pm

Stevearm wrote:
What about Toys For Tots? As you may know, the US Marines do it every year, and I was gonna try getting involved with it, would this count towards the contest?

Sure, Toys For Tots is a great organization too... you do know that Toys for Tots is not a 'marine thing" sure the marines do it, but so does everyone else, the marines just feel an insatiable need to have a PR campaign around everything they do.
Back to top Go down
PFREEZY
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: CONTEST: The Coffeehouse Sessions   CONTEST: The Coffeehouse Sessions Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 11:35 am

CONTEST: The Coffeehouse Sessions Me_by_11CONTEST: The Coffeehouse Sessions Stack_11CONTEST: The Coffeehouse Sessions Wsp11CONTEST: The Coffeehouse Sessions Bagged11
Back to top Go down
http://freezy.tumblr.com
Palmer89
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: CONTEST: The Coffeehouse Sessions   CONTEST: The Coffeehouse Sessions Icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2009 10:05 am

CONTEST: The Coffeehouse Sessions Img_0610
CONTEST: The Coffeehouse Sessions Img_0611
CONTEST: The Coffeehouse Sessions Img_0612

------------

Finally had a reason (not that it isn't a good reason anyway) to donate something, always been meaning too.
Back to top Go down
thecosmickid
Wooderson
Wooderson
thecosmickid

PostSubject: Re: CONTEST: The Coffeehouse Sessions   CONTEST: The Coffeehouse Sessions Icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2009 10:08 am

Sorry if I'm double posting, I already posted this but nothing happened.

That's me donating

CONTEST: The Coffeehouse Sessions Dsc00312
Back to top Go down
ral
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ral

PostSubject: Re: CONTEST: The Coffeehouse Sessions   CONTEST: The Coffeehouse Sessions Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 4:58 pm

Made a trip to Goodwill today. Sure seemed like more stuff but it fit into a couple bags. Still have quite a bit to sort though, so hopefully I can make another stop before Friday.

CONTEST: The Coffeehouse Sessions IMG_0010-resized
Me with the obligatory Gaslight shirt.
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: CONTEST: The Coffeehouse Sessions   CONTEST: The Coffeehouse Sessions Icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2009 11:46 pm

okay, well as i mentioned earlier, my stepmother took the bag i was planning on donating a couple weeks ago, before i had the chance to myself. im talking a big huge trash bag, so i haven't got many clothes to donate right now. and, she cant seem to find the receipt thing they gave her for tax purposes. however, i did donate a couple toys to the christmas angels thing- you know, when you go to the mall and get a tag from a tree with a kid's name and a toy they'd like? i figure it's similar to the toys for tots idea which was approved here, so hopefully this picture will suffice:CONTEST: The Coffeehouse Sessions IMG_6476 & merry christmas, everyone!
Back to top Go down
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

PostSubject: Re: CONTEST: The Coffeehouse Sessions   CONTEST: The Coffeehouse Sessions Icon_minitimeFri Dec 25, 2009 12:52 pm

Ok the drawing is over and here is how I did it, I assigned each entry a number and then went to www.random.org, I hit the generate a random number and then looked up the corresponding entry and the winner is... PALMER89

Congrats Palmer89, I will send you a PM.

Thanks to everyone that entered, I am sure that someone's life is now better because of your donation.
Back to top Go down
Palmer89
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: CONTEST: The Coffeehouse Sessions   CONTEST: The Coffeehouse Sessions Icon_minitimeFri Dec 25, 2009 1:19 pm

CONTEST: The Coffeehouse Sessions Icon_eek

Didn't think I'd have a chance for some reason, 1 in 3 odds wasn't great I guess, incredible, piece of history. CONTEST: The Coffeehouse Sessions Icon_cool

Apologies to those who didn't win, feel quite bad now! But everyone did a piece of good donating, as I said, felt pretty good after donating my lot, this just makes it better. Hopefully we've all made someones christmas a little better somehow.

Thanks to e7c for the competition and for making/urging people to donate, I should do it more often really, will try to from now on every christmas/big occasion.
Back to top Go down
Palmer89
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: CONTEST: The Coffeehouse Sessions   CONTEST: The Coffeehouse Sessions Icon_minitimeFri Dec 25, 2009 2:31 pm

Before I forget as well, not that I should, a big thanks to Chris for making all this possible and being generous enough to take time to send these off, look for them etc.

I'm sure we all appreciate it...and good luck for the future, will keep an eye out for any updates.
Back to top Go down
thecosmickid
Wooderson
Wooderson
thecosmickid

PostSubject: Re: CONTEST: The Coffeehouse Sessions   CONTEST: The Coffeehouse Sessions Icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 7:39 pm

Congratulations palmer!!
I can't believe there were so few people who participated in the contest.
Back to top Go down
PFREEZY
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: CONTEST: The Coffeehouse Sessions   CONTEST: The Coffeehouse Sessions Icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 7:57 pm

way to go palmer
Back to top Go down
http://freezy.tumblr.com
Palmer89
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: CONTEST: The Coffeehouse Sessions   CONTEST: The Coffeehouse Sessions Icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 8:06 pm

I half expected a load of entries towards the end of the week with people sensing a great chance for a piece of history. I forgot Brian himself authographed them all until going back through previous threads.

Thought there'd be much more interest, at least 4/5 lots of charities/goodwill places got extra donations they have have otherwise not got.

And cheers guys...didn't do an awful lot, well nothing, more than the others though.
Back to top Go down
kieran
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
kieran

PostSubject: Re: CONTEST: The Coffeehouse Sessions   CONTEST: The Coffeehouse Sessions Icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 8:10 pm

Fantastic Palmer enjoy and kudos for all supporting worthy causes more people need to get involved.

I did my bit for the homeless the other day and dished out a load of unwanted boxes of chocolate that we had lying around and next year im working in a soup kitchen on Christmas day.
Back to top Go down
borrowedcar
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: CONTEST: The Coffeehouse Sessions   CONTEST: The Coffeehouse Sessions Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 12:44 am

i love this idea but you know you can get the coffeehouse sessions online
Back to top Go down
Palmer89
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: CONTEST: The Coffeehouse Sessions   CONTEST: The Coffeehouse Sessions Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 4:10 am

You can get most things online, however to have one of 15 of the original pressings from Brians very first recordings.

Not many people have that now do they.

And yes, I do also have a copy of the online version.
Back to top Go down
borrowedcar
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: CONTEST: The Coffeehouse Sessions   CONTEST: The Coffeehouse Sessions Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 11:04 am

^ohh well then that's awesome, my bad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CONTEST: The Coffeehouse Sessions   CONTEST: The Coffeehouse Sessions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

CONTEST: The Coffeehouse Sessions
Page 1 of 1