DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Meeting the band

Go down 
+56
Jerseyrain
Harbortown
cdala
Ashburtongeorge
biggs
Anya_TGA
TheMagnificentDreamer
Rose1991
Jersey-Chris
flannel
Maciejczyk
Smasha13
HighLonesome
ivienco
knuckles
OutlawTorn
33RPMHero
pearlzepfan
kappanera
wvmark73
beckiee1993
LiveFastDieOld
bringiton
borrowedcar
matkins
lol_paul_ledoux
NeverTrustAJunkie
ashleybb
NYYFAN523
StitchesOnTheRadio
Debonair
moconnell23
plugga
Álvaro
AlrightToDrive
janiejones
Shrewsbury_Stars
Kilgore Trout
enola
steph
IAmDisappeared
fullcollapse
Kosburn59
simo
Bea
Yozzy
Daire
riversedge
DaveSavedTheDay
oli1980
GraveRobbers
Mosh
ksupilot
LBAZ
Vibes
steady now steady now
60 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Anya_TGA

Meeting the band - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meeting the band   Meeting the band - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2014 7:08 pm

in Amsterdam I just go an autograph of Benny and Aex R....but I dont know if Brian came out...I left because I have waited for an hour and I was freezing
Back to top Go down
biggs
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
biggs

PostSubject: Re: Meeting the band   Meeting the band - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2014 5:36 am

Rose1991 wrote:
I wanted to try after the Pittsburgh show, but the bus was parked behind a fence so I didn't bother. That was mildly disappointing.

<this post adds absolutely nothing to the discussion so IDK why i'm posting it>
Very Happy totally random post and here is mine ,going to the pre show Edinburgh on friday and hopefully catch the band on exit of venue if i have time (got to get back into city for serious drinking with mates before show) and if i dont got the pres show experience .Random thought is is wrong for a 51 yr guy to stand outside a venue seeking autographs Rolling Eyes
p.s your tumblr is cool keep it up
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: Meeting the band   Meeting the band - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2014 5:49 am

I don't think age matters. Just be normal and don't scream in their faces or be demanding and you'll be fine! Wink
Back to top Go down
Rose1991
A Contender
A Contender
Rose1991

PostSubject: Re: Meeting the band   Meeting the band - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2014 5:50 am

Of course it's not weird! As long as you're having fun, who cares?

And thanks for the compliment on my tumblr. Smile
Back to top Go down
biggs
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
biggs

PostSubject: Re: Meeting the band   Meeting the band - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2014 3:44 pm

not that yelly as im bit reserved with people respect wise and just being normal should help bounce Frying Pan
Back to top Go down
flannel
A Contender
A Contender
flannel

PostSubject: Re: Meeting the band   Meeting the band - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2014 8:45 pm

biggs, is that Tim Roth in your avatar??
Back to top Go down
Ashburtongeorge
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Ashburtongeorge

PostSubject: Re: Meeting the band   Meeting the band - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2014 1:42 pm

Waited after the Birmingham (UK) show for about an hour (maybe more?!) last night with about twenty others, and got to meet Brian, which was just amazing. I was stood in a long sleeved shirt and he said I needed a coat as it was so cold, so went onto the bus and returned with what he said was his old coat, and just gave it to me - which was just surreal, I was completely blown away by his kindness. My original plan was just to thank him for the gig and all the music, but he completely caught me off guard! As a result, I lost all ability to speak coherently so probably didn't get across just how grateful I was for everything; I cannot remember at all what I said to him other than "thank you for tonight, the gig was amazing" and so I hope I didn't come off as rude, I was just so taken aback!

Anyways, he took the time to speak to everyone/take photos/sign things, he even chatted to one guy's dad on Skype/Facetime briefly! In the end it felt really easy to approach him, so even if you're as shy/nervous as me and are worried about speaking to him, I still recommend having a go at waiting behind, he's a really lovely guy!
Back to top Go down
cdala
A Contender
A Contender
cdala

PostSubject: Re: Meeting the band   Meeting the band - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2014 6:29 pm

Such a nice story, thanks for sharing that!
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: Meeting the band   Meeting the band - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2014 8:18 pm

Dude. That's rad as hell.
Back to top Go down
flannel
A Contender
A Contender
flannel

PostSubject: Re: Meeting the band   Meeting the band - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2014 9:47 pm

wow, that's awesome! it's like that time chuck gave a guy his shoes...
Back to top Go down
Rose1991
A Contender
A Contender
Rose1991

PostSubject: Re: Meeting the band   Meeting the band - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2014 12:33 am

I'm saving this story in case anyone ever tries to tell me that Brian is a prick again.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Meeting the band   Meeting the band - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2014 1:32 am

That is seriously awesome. It doesn't even surprise me that he'd be so generous. I actually thought as I was reading that you were going to say he gave you the coat he was wearing! But the real story works out better for both of you. Thanks for sharing it.
Back to top Go down
Jerseyrain
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Jerseyrain

PostSubject: Re: Meeting the band   Meeting the band - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2014 7:38 am

I bet I left about 10 mins before the band came out in Birmingham but a similar thing happened to me at the first Manchester show. Had pictures and signings from al of the band but I was talking with Alex about being back on tour and the Tiger Cuts brand he randomly asked me what pants size I take. I told him a 32, regular and he said' Here, do you want these?' Gave me a brand new pair of Lee Jeans! The following night I asked him why he didn't want them (I was wearing them by then) He said he just prefers darker coloured jeans. I guess being sponsored by Lee they get their jeans for free anywhere.

The best thing is that they fit like a glove, one of the comfier fitting pairs of jeans I have. Very generous of him anyway and made the night that bit more special. Night 2 I got my Get Hurt vinyl signed by all 5 which looks cool too.

It seems a stark contrast from last year, where at certain shows Brian seemed reluctant to come out after shows. We now know he had a lot of personal stuff going on, but Brian particularly has been totally different this tour. The impression that I got this time is that its almost like he has it planned to come out and talk to the fans after the show, posing for any photos, smiling chatting and being grateful. Never once did I feel like he didn't want to be there. The rest of the band were as good as usual when it comes to chatting after shows.

Back to top Go down
http://jerseyrain.blogspot.com/
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: Meeting the band   Meeting the band - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2014 9:44 am

No, Alex - it was about 12 minutes Wink I was thinking about texting you, Stuart or Abbey but then I wasn't sure if they weren't gone already until you'd been back. Sorry.

Big Alex and Benny were apparently already on the bus, so it was "just" Alex R, Brian, Ian and Danny.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
Hasler09
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Hasler09

PostSubject: Re: Meeting the band   Meeting the band - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2014 10:58 am

Wish I had hung around long enough after the gig now. I did get to say Hi to Alex at Abandon Ship in London and grabbed a Tiger Cuts T-shirt. I really wanted to get a picture with the guys again this tour but missed out this time.
Back to top Go down
cms35
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Meeting the band   Meeting the band - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2014 7:13 pm

Haha - I think it's awesome the band keeps dressing everyone. Great stories. I love hearing them.

My feeling is and always has been that the second they walk off that stage they are off the clock. I am generally emotionally drained after a show so I can only imagine how THEY feel...So when they stick around and chat it's a bonus and it's awesome. But if they don't...I get it. And if they are crabby...I get it. Sometimes it's a long day at the office. We all have them. Ya know?

I remember a few years back - I'd gone to the diner across the street after their show @ the Vic (2010 maybe?). I came out an hour or so later and the bus was still there...and Alex R was chatting up folks and was kind enough to sign my setlist. He was super nice. And I wasn't expecting to see anyone so I had no time to get nervous and ramble like a shmuck. Win/win. Wink
Back to top Go down
Woody
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Meeting the band   Meeting the band - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2014 8:21 pm

Ashburtongeorge wrote:
Waited after the Birmingham (UK) show for about an hour (maybe more?!) last night with about twenty others, and got to meet Brian, which was just amazing.  I was stood in a long sleeved shirt and he said I needed a coat as it was so cold, so went onto the bus and returned with what he said was his old coat, and just gave it to me - which was just surreal, I was completely blown away by his kindness.  My original plan was just to thank him for the gig and all the music, but he completely caught me off guard! As a result, I lost all ability to speak coherently so probably didn't get across just how grateful I was for everything; I cannot remember at all what I said to him other than "thank you for tonight, the gig was amazing" and so I hope I didn't come off as rude, I was just so taken aback!

Anyways, he took the time to speak to everyone/take photos/sign things, he even chatted to one guy's dad on Skype/Facetime briefly! In the end it felt really easy to approach him, so even if you're as shy/nervous as me and are worried about speaking to him, I still recommend having a go at waiting behind, he's a really lovely guy!  

I was one of the ones waiting outside too (The one in the wheelchair) and I met his previously outside Bristol Night 2 last year, and both then and Sunday he seems like a really nice, humble guy. Really great experience meeting him.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Meeting the band   Meeting the band - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2014 1:34 am

At first I was thinking this clothes give away was so bizarre but you know it kind of makes sense that after a long tour abroad where they've probably acquired one or two things to take back with them, so it's less surprising that they'd jump at the chance to unload a few things, knowing that maybe not everything is going to fit in their suitcases going home. They should do this every tour. Gaslight Anthem end of tour tag sale...Smile

Still very cool stories no matter the reason.
Back to top Go down
Ashburtongeorge
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Ashburtongeorge

PostSubject: Re: Meeting the band   Meeting the band - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2014 10:08 am

Woody wrote:
Ashburtongeorge wrote:
Waited after the Birmingham (UK) show for about an hour (maybe more?!) last night with about twenty others, and got to meet Brian, which was just amazing.  I was stood in a long sleeved shirt and he said I needed a coat as it was so cold, so went onto the bus and returned with what he said was his old coat, and just gave it to me - which was just surreal, I was completely blown away by his kindness.  My original plan was just to thank him for the gig and all the music, but he completely caught me off guard! As a result, I lost all ability to speak coherently so probably didn't get across just how grateful I was for everything; I cannot remember at all what I said to him other than "thank you for tonight, the gig was amazing" and so I hope I didn't come off as rude, I was just so taken aback!

I was one of the ones waiting outside too (The one in the wheelchair) and I met his previously outside Bristol Night 2 last year, and both then and Sunday he seems like a really nice, humble guy. Really great experience meeting him.

Yes I remember, you were slightly further up the hill from me! Awesome that you've met him twice, did you get long to chat each time?
Back to top Go down
Ashburtongeorge
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Ashburtongeorge

PostSubject: Re: Meeting the band   Meeting the band - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2014 10:13 am

StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
At first I was thinking this clothes give away was so bizarre but you know it kind of makes sense that after a long tour abroad where they've probably acquired one or two things to take back with them, so it's less surprising that they'd jump at the chance to unload a few things, knowing that maybe not everything is going to fit in their suitcases going home. They should do this every tour. Gaslight Anthem end of tour tag sale...Smile

Still very cool stories no matter the reason.

Haha Exactly, especially because Brian has that big black parka now! Love that Alex has given stuff out too, what great guys!

Agree with cms35 - they're under no obligation once the sets over to meet people, so it's brilliant that they do so and are so humble when they do it!
Back to top Go down
Coma Girl
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Coma Girl

PostSubject: Re: Meeting the band   Meeting the band - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 27, 2014 2:33 pm

I've met them a few times and they have never been anything other than complete gentlemen. Alex L even warmed up my hands because it was so cold. Real gracious, posing for pictures and making sure everyone got to say hi. I couldn't wait back this time, so i missed them!

L xx
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Meeting the band   Meeting the band - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2014 11:07 am

It would be great to see all your pictures with the band. Post them in the thread which we have for those pics:

https://thegaslightanthem.forumotion.com/t71p240-pictures-with-tga
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Meeting the band   Meeting the band - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Meeting the band
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5