DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Meeting the band

Go down 
+56
Jerseyrain
Harbortown
cdala
Ashburtongeorge
biggs
Anya_TGA
TheMagnificentDreamer
Rose1991
Jersey-Chris
flannel
Maciejczyk
Smasha13
HighLonesome
ivienco
knuckles
OutlawTorn
33RPMHero
pearlzepfan
kappanera
wvmark73
beckiee1993
LiveFastDieOld
bringiton
borrowedcar
matkins
lol_paul_ledoux
NeverTrustAJunkie
ashleybb
NYYFAN523
StitchesOnTheRadio
Debonair
moconnell23
plugga
Álvaro
AlrightToDrive
janiejones
Shrewsbury_Stars
Kilgore Trout
enola
steph
IAmDisappeared
fullcollapse
Kosburn59
simo
Bea
Yozzy
Daire
riversedge
DaveSavedTheDay
oli1980
GraveRobbers
Mosh
ksupilot
LBAZ
Vibes
steady now steady now
60 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
pearlzepfan
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

Meeting the band - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Meeting the band after gigs   Meeting the band - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 12:36 am

Hello, I was just wondering if TGA usually come out to meet fans after the gigs?
Back to top Go down
33RPMHero
Wooderson
Wooderson
33RPMHero

PostSubject: Re: Meeting the band   Meeting the band - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 6:54 pm

I am planning to complete my picture taking tomorrow. Just need to get Alex, Alex, and Brian. I have Benny from the Lawrence show. Might get another one with him. GOTTA CATCH EM ALL!!!!
Back to top Go down
moconnell23
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
moconnell23

PostSubject: Re: Meeting the band   Meeting the band - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 8:29 pm

33RPMHero wrote:
I am planning to complete my picture taking tomorrow. Just need to get Alex, Alex, and Brian. I have Benny from the Lawrence show. Might get another one with him. GOTTA CATCH EM ALL!!!!

I'm going to the Chicago show too! Really hope i'm lucky enough to meet the guys
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Meeting the band   Meeting the band - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 11:33 pm

33RPMHero wrote:

If you spot the Alexes jump on that (expecially Levine) cuz I find you're less likely to catch them after shows. Good luck!
Back to top Go down
33RPMHero
Wooderson
Wooderson
33RPMHero

PostSubject: Re: Meeting the band   Meeting the band - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 11:34 pm

StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
33RPMHero wrote:

If you spot the Alexes jump on that (expecially Levine) cuz I find you're less likely to catch them after shows. Good luck!

Where do you usually find the Alexes at and when? Is it usually before the show starts?
Back to top Go down
OutlawTorn
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
OutlawTorn

PostSubject: Re: Meeting the band   Meeting the band - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 10:14 pm

Gonna try this after the Dublin shows. Would love to meet em!
Back to top Go down
Daire
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Daire

PostSubject: Re: Meeting the band   Meeting the band - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 10:16 pm

Realistically if you're there an hour before food and hang out a few doors down from the Olympia you'll meet all the band. There's no food catering on site and there's nowhere else for them to go.

Last time we met benny on his own and then the two Alex's together. It didn't seem like any of them had time to chat though after the pics.
Back to top Go down
OutlawTorn
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
OutlawTorn

PostSubject: Re: Meeting the band   Meeting the band - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 10:20 pm

Daire wrote:
Realistically if you're there an hour before food and hang out a few doors down from the Olympia you'll meet all the band. There's no food catering on site and there's nowhere else for them to go.

Last time we met benny on his own and then the two Alex's together. It didn't seem like any of them had time to chat though after the pics.

So straight after the show just hang out yeah?

I plan on being at the rail for the show as well. Love being on the rail for gigs
Back to top Go down
knuckles
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
knuckles

PostSubject: Re: Meeting the band   Meeting the band - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 12:09 am

i had the fortunate pleasure to meet Benny before the Lawrence, KS show. i went to the bar to get some refreshment and he was at the end of the bar, chewing on a toothpick and playing a video poker or trivia machine. very approachable, friendly, and chatty. and not the patronizing type of chatty, he actually gets into the conversation.

Meeting the band - Page 4 MeAndBenny

a buddy of mine met the band (minus one of the Alexes) the next night at the Firebird in STL. he said they were very cool and signed whatever he put in front of them.

i honestly love chatting with Danny, the merch guy. i first met him at a show at the Vogue in Indianapolis, and then talked to him at the Lawrence show. he gave me a free shirt that night, one of the NJ Devils shirts that they weren't selling (my reward for driving 5 hours to see the show?), but still had in the trailer. when the band came to Pop's in Sauget last December, i bought him a beer and we talked a bit. since he is a huge hockey fan (Rangers), i gave him my Blues koozie as a partial payback for the shirt, and took his address and mailed him a Cardinals World Series champs hat to his apartment in the Bronx. he offered to send me some free stuff, leftovers or what have you, but i told him we were even. hopefully they come back soon to i can have another B.S. session. great dude.
Back to top Go down
ivienco
A Contender
A Contender
ivienco

PostSubject: Re: Meeting the band   Meeting the band - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2014 6:50 pm

I love reading all this cause I'll def stay after the show @ Clifton Park and I KNOW I'm gonna freeze the moment I see Brian anywhere within my reach. I'm seriously gonna need someone to drag me toward him and make me talk!!
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Meeting the band   Meeting the band - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2014 10:54 am

ivienco wrote:
I love reading all this cause I'll def stay after the show @ Clifton Park and I KNOW I'm gonna freeze the moment I see Brian anywhere within my reach. I'm seriously gonna need someone to drag me toward him and make me talk!!

Just tell him (or any of them) how far you have come, that should get the conversation started.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
matkins
A Contender
A Contender
matkins

PostSubject: Re: Meeting the band   Meeting the band - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2014 8:30 pm

ivienco wrote:
I was the same way! But, after meeting him a few times, I can say that I never felt super nervous. He really is genuinely nice with everyone. Soft spoken and took the time to speak with everyone. Of course, I kicked myself later for not saying everything I wanted to! The other guys were great as well!
Back to top Go down
HighLonesome
A Contender
A Contender
HighLonesome

PostSubject: Re: Meeting the band   Meeting the band - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2014 9:48 pm

Yeah, they are seriously some of the coolest guys ever! I was lucky enough to meet them (well, everyone except Alex R. Crying or Very sad) outside of the Roxy after there show in Hollywood in May of 2012. They were so easy to talk to, they seemed really stoked to meet a lot of their fans. It was awesome! We probably waited about 35 - 40 minutes until they came out, but hung out with some other fans - and they were all really nice too! Gaslight just pulls an all-around great crowd!
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Meeting the band   Meeting the band - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2014 11:20 am

Has anyone met the band outside the venue since the Get Hurt tour proper has started?  Are they coming out at all after shows?  I don't think I've seen anyone post any me+band photos.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
Smasha13
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Smasha13

PostSubject: Re: Meeting the band   Meeting the band - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2014 8:15 pm

steady now steady now wrote:
Has anyone met the band outside the venue since the Get Hurt tour proper has started?  Are they coming out at all after shows?  I don't think I've seen anyone post any me+band photos.

We met Alex L, Danny and Brian at the bus after the show in Detroit. I have pics but will post them later Wink
Back to top Go down
Maciejczyk
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Hello from London! (Chances of meeting the bands?)   Meeting the band - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2014 9:55 am

Hi there everyone,

I am currently studying in London and looking forward to Alexandra Palace show on 19th Nov. Hope to meet some people there as my London friends are not really into Gaslight...Smile

Also, do you think there is some chance of meeting the band beofre/after gig at Alexandra Palace and just get an atuograph or picture?

Cheeers
Back to top Go down
flannel
A Contender
A Contender
flannel

PostSubject: Re: Meeting the band   Meeting the band - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2014 12:58 pm

It really depends on their mood. Benny almost always comes outside after the show. In my experience, the Alexes come out less often and Brian is somewhere in the middle. You can see my show list in my signature and I've met Brian... 6 times? One was a M&G but the rest were at shows! One was before but the rest were after. Ian comes out a fair amount, I think.

Almost all my shows have been in the US and idk if there's any difference in Europe? like they seem to like European fans better sometimes soooo maybe you have an even better chance XD

I won't be there but I studied in the UK last year and met some really great friends while waiting for the band after the London show I went to Smile
Back to top Go down
flannel
A Contender
A Contender
flannel

PostSubject: Re: Meeting the band   Meeting the band - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2014 7:00 pm

okay apparently my signature doesnt show up -_- but
I met him at one acoustic show, the vintage vinyl show, and the rest were full band full show... shows
Back to top Go down
Jersey-Chris
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Jersey-Chris

PostSubject: Re: Meeting the band   Meeting the band - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2014 5:09 pm

Brian and Alex did a few acoustic promo shows in Germany where you got the chance to meet them. Maybe they do something like this in other countries, too.

I met Brian in Kiel a couple of years back for the first time after the gig there. The other guys were watching soccer championship backstage but Brian came out and talked to people.

The photo in my Avatar was made after his last promo show at Ramones Museum Berlin a few years back.
Back to top Go down
Jersey-Chris
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Jersey-Chris

PostSubject: Re: Meeting the band   Meeting the band - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2014 5:12 pm

they better do since Brian denied giving autographs during the pre-show package with the reason that they do this for free after the shows.
Back to top Go down
flannel
A Contender
A Contender
flannel

PostSubject: Re: Meeting the band   Meeting the band - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2014 11:45 pm

Jersey-Chris wrote:

they better do since Brian denied giving autographs during the pre-show package with the reason that they do this for free after the shows.

he came out after the Boston show
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Meeting the band   Meeting the band - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2014 12:45 am

flannel wrote:
Jersey-Chris wrote:

he came out after the Boston show

Benny came out after one of the DC shows. I also ran into Ian there. And then all of them came out in Boston. If I recall, the Alexes hung around long enough that if your priority was to catch one of them, you could've, but they didn't stick around. I don't recall if Ian came out at all and maybe just split pretty quick? Brian and Benny hung around for awhile though. I also recalled seeing or hearing about them coming out a couple times at other shows.

It seems like the usual amount to me. I mean, I don't recall a time in recent history where they came out after every show.
Back to top Go down
Rose1991
A Contender
A Contender
Rose1991

PostSubject: Re: Meeting the band   Meeting the band - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2014 5:16 am

I wanted to try after the Pittsburgh show, but the bus was parked behind a fence so I didn't bother. That was mildly disappointing.

<this post adds absolutely nothing to the discussion so IDK why i'm posting it>
Back to top Go down
Maciejczyk
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Meeting the band   Meeting the band - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2014 9:29 am

Thanks for the info guys! I guess I'll stay after show and try my best to get hold onto them.

Back to top Go down
TheMagnificentDreamer
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
TheMagnificentDreamer

PostSubject: Re: Meeting the band   Meeting the band - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2014 9:42 am

flannel wrote:
It really depends on their mood.  Benny almost always comes outside after the show.  In my experience, the Alexes come out less often and Brian is somewhere in the middle.  You can see my show list in my signature and I've met Brian... 6 times?  One was a M&G but the rest were at shows!  One was before but the rest were after.  Ian comes out a fair amount, I think.  

Almost all my shows have been in the US and idk if there's any difference in Europe?  like they seem to like European fans better sometimes soooo maybe you have an even better chance XD

I won't be there but I studied in the UK last year and met some really great friends while waiting for the band after the London show I went to Smile

Yes you did Wink BC for life
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Meeting the band   Meeting the band - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Meeting the band
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next