DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Meeting the band

Go down 
+56
Jerseyrain
Harbortown
cdala
Ashburtongeorge
biggs
Anya_TGA
TheMagnificentDreamer
Rose1991
Jersey-Chris
flannel
Maciejczyk
Smasha13
HighLonesome
ivienco
knuckles
OutlawTorn
33RPMHero
pearlzepfan
kappanera
wvmark73
beckiee1993
LiveFastDieOld
bringiton
borrowedcar
matkins
lol_paul_ledoux
NeverTrustAJunkie
ashleybb
NYYFAN523
StitchesOnTheRadio
Debonair
moconnell23
plugga
Álvaro
AlrightToDrive
janiejones
Shrewsbury_Stars
Kilgore Trout
enola
steph
IAmDisappeared
fullcollapse
Kosburn59
simo
Bea
Yozzy
Daire
riversedge
DaveSavedTheDay
oli1980
GraveRobbers
Mosh
ksupilot
LBAZ
Vibes
steady now steady now
60 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Yozzy
A Contender
A Contender
Yozzy

Meeting the band - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meeting the band   Meeting the band - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2011 10:24 am

Met him in Toronto after a show at the Sound Academy. A friend and I basically just went behind the building, found their tour bus and waited for like an hour or two. Eventually he was walking by and we caught him. We talked for like five or ten minutes. It was just him, my friend and I. There were no other fans, so it was very personal. Perfect.

Super nice dude, with a real sincere smile.
Back to top Go down
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

PostSubject: Re: Meeting the band   Meeting the band - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2011 2:42 pm

we were waiting by the bus like 2 hours the first i met him. they all came out together and apologized for making us wait so long since they didn't know we were waiting for them (plus, it was november and really cold). they signed our stuff and got to talk with Brian for not even 5 minutes before they left cause they had a ferry to catch.

second time was in Barcelona. apparently he was really tired and wanted to go to sleep early, so he was kind of hiding from the people that were waiting by the bus. got to talk with him for about 10 minutes. though he looked tired, he was the nicest guy ever.
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: Meeting the band   Meeting the band - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2011 3:17 pm

I met him at Bonnaroo - there was an interview tent for Spin and he and Alex R. came to do an interview. Only like 10 kids came over to watch so it was pretty easy to say hello. And I got to watch "test-drive" a Harley at the Harley tent next door. He looked to be enjoying himself.
Back to top Go down
Kosburn59
Wooderson
Wooderson
Kosburn59

PostSubject: Re: Meeting the band   Meeting the band - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2011 4:18 pm

I first met him in 2008 when they were on the '59 Sound tour. We basically talked about SideOne bands, especially Fake Problems because he was in love with their album "Great To Be Alive". He actually has always been pretty talkative when coming down to Atlanta, and the last time he came on the American Slang tour, we chatted on and off for a good half hour (I was talking to all the guys, who were spread out around the venue), and we had a good talk about crazy fans and their antics. He also talked a bit about the project he was having with Ian too - it didn't have a name at that point if I remember correctly. He's always a genuine guy when you boil it down, even if he's pretty worn out at the end of the day.
Back to top Go down
riversedge
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
riversedge

PostSubject: Re: Meeting the band   Meeting the band - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2011 4:31 pm

Hope he's not too shy for a quick photo!
Back to top Go down
Kosburn59
Wooderson
Wooderson
Kosburn59

PostSubject: Re: Meeting the band   Meeting the band - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2011 4:49 pm

Meeting the band - Page 2 Keegbr10

Never too shy!
Back to top Go down
riversedge
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
riversedge

PostSubject: Re: Meeting the band   Meeting the band - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2011 4:56 pm

A picture with Brian Fallon will be insane.
Back to top Go down
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

PostSubject: Re: Meeting the band   Meeting the band - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2011 5:19 pm

i've got two pictures with him. he will never say no if you ask him Wink
Back to top Go down
riversedge
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
riversedge

PostSubject: Re: Meeting the band   Meeting the band - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2011 5:30 pm

Should I wait before or after the gig?!
Back to top Go down
Yozzy
A Contender
A Contender
Yozzy

PostSubject: Re: Meeting the band   Meeting the band - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2011 9:00 pm

Yeah def talkative. We talked Pearl Jam and the Stones.

Oh, and I told him he was my hero.

I told my hero he was my hero.

It was pretty special.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Meeting the band   Meeting the band - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2011 10:38 pm

With Gaslight getting bigger I doubt I'll ever have a chance to meet them. Maybe THC will do a decent sized US tour and they'll come somewhere close to me so I can meet Brian and Ian. All of the guys seem so chill and nice. Makes me like them ten times more!
Back to top Go down
fullcollapse
Wooderson
Wooderson
fullcollapse

PostSubject: Re: Meeting the band   Meeting the band - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 5:45 am

He used to seem a lot more shy than he does now. Last time I interacted with him was at Dave Hause's show at the Lanes a couple days before Bamboozle. He and Ian (and I believe Ted) came for the show, and Brian was busy talking to friends so I left him alone. But Ian was right by him, recognized my husband and I, and started taking to us right away. He's quite the talker--one of my favorite people.

All of a sudden I hear Brian say "hey wait a second" and he turned around to face me, grabbed my hand to shake it, and gave me a quick hello. It was awesome, I didn't even ask for it!

After Dave played, Brian was talking to fans so I waited for a few more minutes to chat with him. Imagine my shock as I'm mid sentence and his face just lights up while he grabs my wrists to steady my arms and look at my tattoos, no warning given... ha! It was awkward and I was absolutely not prepared to explain my Gaslight tattoos to him. All I could say was "uh... I really like you guys?"

But it was okay, he reassured me by telling me he has a bazillion Bouncing Souls tattoos. I felt marginally less lame. I cannot say it enough--that man is forever gracious and patient with me, as I am not very well skilled at controlling my overwhelming adoration. It's usually just me smiling a lot and talking about something totally pointless. He couldn't be more patient and forgiving, and I am extremely grateful for that!
Back to top Go down
IAmDisappeared
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
IAmDisappeared

PostSubject: Re: Meeting the band   Meeting the band - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 8:46 am

Hoping I get the chance to say Hi at the Revival tour. Would be stoked to meet him and Dave Hause.
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: Meeting the band   Meeting the band - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 8:56 am

fullcollapse wrote:
He used to seem a lot more shy than he does now. Last time I interacted with him was at Dave Hause's show at the Lanes a couple days before Bamboozle. He and Ian (and I believe Ted) came for the show, and Brian was busy talking to friends so I left him alone. But Ian was right by him, recognized my husband and I, and started taking to us right away. He's quite the talker--one of my favorite people.

All of a sudden I hear Brian say "hey wait a second" and he turned around to face me, grabbed my hand to shake it, and gave me a quick hello. It was awesome, I didn't even ask for it!

After Dave played, Brian was talking to fans so I waited for a few more minutes to chat with him. Imagine my shock as I'm mid sentence and his face just lights up while he grabs my wrists to steady my arms and look at my tattoos, no warning given... ha! It was awkward and I was absolutely not prepared to explain my Gaslight tattoos to him. All I could say was "uh... I really like you guys?"

But it was okay, he reassured me by telling me he has a bazillion Bouncing Souls tattoos. I felt marginally less lame. I cannot say it enough--that man is forever gracious and patient with me, as I am not very well skilled at controlling my overwhelming adoration. It's usually just me smiling a lot and talking about something totally pointless. He couldn't be more patient and forgiving, and I am extremely grateful for that!

thats so cool!
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: Meeting the band   Meeting the band - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 6:54 pm

All of them are very sweet and kind. They sign everything, pose for pictures and chat with the fans whenever they have time to after the show. At least that's what I exprienced ...
After the second Hamburg show Brian stayed out quite long and kept telling stories for around an hour. That was really something special - he was in a really great mood that night Wink

There's definiteky a high chance to meet at least one of the guys after the show.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
Kilgore Trout
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Meeting the band   Meeting the band - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2011 5:10 pm

Here's one really good experience with Brian: Just over a year ago now, I went and saw them with a bunch of my friends in Philadelphia for my birthday. It was perfect; the show was right on my birthday, so we all bought tickets and made an evening of it. While wandering around the outdoor venue looking for the bathrooms, we ran into Brian. I got a quick hello, snapped a photo and ran off to the men's room (I had met him on the solo tour and had seen them several times already, so I did all my gushing prior to this). My girlfriend hung back, but I didn't notice because frankly I had to pee pretty bad at that point.

Long story short, that night, Brian takes a moment out of the set and dedicates Blue Jeans to me and my girlfriend, wishing me a happy birthday in the same sentence. The g/f had asked him to do it while I was gone. The entire place went absolutely nuts when they realized I was standing right there, and I almost died of an overdose on high fives. While they played the song, which is far and away my favorite of all time, I just stood there, completely overcome by the moment. It was a once in a lifetime transcendent experience. Everybody only gets a few, and that was one of mine Funny enough, my girlfriend told me when we got home that they hadn't been planning to play Blue Jeans til she asked. Then she gave me a pick that Brian had told her was for me.

Jump forward a week at that summer's show in Asbury Park, NJ: they get ready to play Blue Jeans, and Brian makes a very small but very powerful speech about hearing about the effect his music has on people, and the healing effect music has had on him. These two things solidified in me the impression that Brian is a stand up guy who means every last word he says.

There's a video on youtube with the title "The Gaslight Anthem- Blue Jeans & White T-Shirts 7/29/10," but I can't link to it because the forum prevents new members from doing so, I guess as an anti-spam thing.
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Meeting the band   Meeting the band - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2011 5:55 pm

Kilgore Trout wrote:
There's a video on youtube with the title "The Gaslight Anthem- Blue Jeans & White T-Shirts 7/29/10," but I can't link to it because the forum prevents new members from doing so, I guess as an anti-spam thing.

it shouldn't; not sure why you can't post it; did you click on the icon with the film strip and paste it in the box that pops up?

also, thanks for sharing that story
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: Meeting the band   Meeting the band - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2011 6:31 pm

Kilgore Trout wrote:
Here's one really good experience with Brian: Just over a year ago now, I went and saw them with a bunch of my friends in Philadelphia for my birthday. It was perfect; the show was right on my birthday, so we all bought tickets and made an evening of it. While wandering around the outdoor venue looking for the bathrooms, we ran into Brian. I got a quick hello, snapped a photo and ran off to the men's room (I had met him on the solo tour and had seen them several times already, so I did all my gushing prior to this). My girlfriend hung back, but I didn't notice because frankly I had to pee pretty bad at that point.

Long story short, that night, Brian takes a moment out of the set and dedicates Blue Jeans to me and my girlfriend, wishing me a happy birthday in the same sentence. The g/f had asked him to do it while I was gone. The entire place went absolutely nuts when they realized I was standing right there, and I almost died of an overdose on high fives. While they played the song, which is far and away my favorite of all time, I just stood there, completely overcome by the moment. It was a once in a lifetime transcendent experience. Everybody only gets a few, and that was one of mine Funny enough, my girlfriend told me when we got home that they hadn't been planning to play Blue Jeans til she asked. Then she gave me a pick that Brian had told her was for me.

Jump forward a week at that summer's show in Asbury Park, NJ: they get ready to play Blue Jeans, and Brian makes a very small but very powerful speech about hearing about the effect his music has on people, and the healing effect music has had on him. These two things solidified in me the impression that Brian is a stand up guy who means every last word he says.

Really awesome story. Thanks for sharing. I remember Brian's speech at the Asbury show about this song. It was very touching.
Back to top Go down
janiejones
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
janiejones

PostSubject: Re: Meeting the band   Meeting the band - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2011 7:26 pm

I first met Brian at the Bristol Academy gig in October 2011, I went with my Mum and Dad, as we were driving down from Wigan. My mum and I were shopping before the gig and my dad went down to the venue to see what it was like, then I phone call of my dad saying he had just met Brian and they had chatted for a bit about music and things and he asked him if at the gig tonight they would add I'da Called You Woody on the setlist and dedicate to Abbey, so then I of course wanted to go straight to the Academy, and we did and my dad retold his story and we met Alex R, and talked to him for about 20 minutes and he said he had to go to soundcheck, so we went away for abit and then sat in the queue, we went to the gig, and Brian mentioned me in the middle of Woody, Joe-
"Hey Abbey, tell your Dad he's a great guy, I hope this song makes you guys really happy."

When they were packing up, Ian chucked Bennys drumstick into the ground and my mum caught it! After the gig we went out and stood around the tourbus, Benny soon came out and I had a photo and then Brian came out, I thanked him for playing the song for me, and I was Abbey. He wished me Happy Birthday (It wasn't my birthday, but it was amazing all the same!) and we had a photo and then waited around for abit and went to the hotel.

The next night we went to the Wolves gig, and I got a setlist, we waited around in the freezing cold and then all four of the guys came out, i got Benny to sign the drumstick and they all signed my setlist that I had acquired from that gig, (these are all in a frame in my room!) and I had photos with Alex Levine, we stood around chatting with everyone and then they went.

The best 2 days of the entire 14 years I have been alive! Brian is a really great guy, he was really lovely to talk to, same as Benny, Alex and Alex. I think I got a little star struck talking to Brian!
Back to top Go down
Kilgore Trout
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Meeting the band   Meeting the band - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 3:02 pm

See! This is yet another example of what good guys they are. Your story actually reminds me of the first time I saw them--there was a *very* little girl at the show, maybe eleven at most. I have no idea how somebody so young found out about them, but she got her mom to take her to the show, and before they went, her (totally awesome) mom got in touch with the management for the band and ensured a meet-up after the show. It was both adorable and cool.
Back to top Go down
riversedge
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
riversedge

PostSubject: Re: Meeting the band   Meeting the band - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 5:41 pm

Janie Jones wrote:
I first met Brian at the Bristol Academy gig in October 2011, I went with my Mum and Dad, as we were driving down from Wigan. My mum and I were shopping before the gig and my dad went down to the venue to see what it was like, then I phone call of my dad saying he had just met Brian and they had chatted for a bit about music and things and he asked him if at the gig tonight they would add I'da Called You Woody on the setlist and dedicate to Abbey, so then I of course wanted to go straight to the Academy, and we did and my dad retold his story and we met Alex R, and talked to him for about 20 minutes and he said he had to go to soundcheck, so we went away for abit and then sat in the queue, we went to the gig, and Brian mentioned me in the middle of Woody, Joe-
"Hey Abbey, tell your Dad he's a great guy, I hope this song makes you guys really happy."

When they were packing up, Ian chucked Bennys drumstick into the ground and my mum caught it! After the gig we went out and stood around the tourbus, Benny soon came out and I had a photo and then Brian came out, I thanked him for playing the song for me, and I was Abbey. He wished me Happy Birthday (It wasn't my birthday, but it was amazing all the same!) and we had a photo and then waited around for abit and went to the hotel.

The next night we went to the Wolves gig, and I got a setlist, we waited around in the freezing cold and then all four of the guys came out, i got Benny to sign the drumstick and they all signed my setlist that I had acquired from that gig, (these are all in a frame in my room!) and I had photos with Alex Levine, we stood around chatting with everyone and then they went.

insanelt jealous Wink

The best 2 days of the entire 14 years I have been alive! Brian is a really great guy, he was really lovely to talk to, same as Benny, Alex and Alex. I think I got a little star struck talking to Brian!
Back to top Go down
AlrightToDrive
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Meeting Brian and the Band   Meeting the band - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 10:50 am

Hey Dimestore Saints!

So, Brian announced on twitter that they'll be doing a full Canada tour, and undoublty, i'll be first in line to see them in Toronto.

I'm just wondering if any of you had the chance to meet him, and how you found him after or before the show?

And even better, if any of you have seen him at the Sound Academy in downtown Toronto, could you tell me where you met him or any member of Gaslight? Smile

I don't meant to sound super stalkerish, but I need to tell my hero what he's done for me.
Back to top Go down
Álvaro
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Álvaro

PostSubject: Re: Meeting the band   Meeting the band - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 11:14 am

Hahaha, I know what you mean!

I met him in Antwerp (Revival Tour). I approach him before the show - I asked for a photo - and he politely said that he had a lot of stuff to do and that he would be around after the show. I said Ok and he further asked if that's was OK for me (maybe thinking that I hadn't tickets and I will not attend the show). After the show I met him almost 1 hour after the show ended. He seemed tired - and I was really nervous - but he talked a little bit with me.

I met Ian Perkins also and he was simply great: we went outside the place because he couldn't hear me, he asked me if I came from Spain just for the show, asked about my favourite football team, etc. Nice guy.
Back to top Go down
AlrightToDrive
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Meeting the band   Meeting the band - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 11:23 am

Wow! Thats amazing!

He just seems to have such... stuff. So much honestly and sincerity.

Did you meet Brian by the like tour bus, or just outside the venue?

Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

PostSubject: Re: Meeting the band   Meeting the band - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 3:02 pm

same, I met him at the revival tour in london (we waited quite a bit tbh) next to the entrance, I suppose he was a bit tired and stuff but he talked with us for almost an hour and he was generally really nice and smiley, just be nice yourself and don't jump at him : )

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Meeting the band   Meeting the band - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Meeting the band
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next